What you're all really here for.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by Seven »

I'll start.

I'm Roko's Basilisk,

Independent Serial Killer/Neighborizer
Independent Neighborizer who wins with the winning team if everyone alive is in my hood. I've chosen to side with town because a) it's more fun and b) I don't know who mafia are so it's easier.

Town Neigborizer (although that term isn't actually mentioned)
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

So we claiming or what?
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

Oh I see Sevens post now cool.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

My role allows me to confirm that seven is telling the truth in that they aren’t the SK.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:00 pm I'll start.

I'm Roko's Basilisk,

Independent Serial Killer/Neighborizer
Independent Neighborizer who wins with the winning team if everyone alive is in my hood. I've chosen to side with town because a) it's more fun and b) I don't know who mafia are so it's easier.

Town Neigborizer (although that term isn't actually mentioned)
Looooool

But was hoping to get more opinions, not just start a massclaim on our own. Thankfully we already knew your role and it isn't particularly useful for mass-claims.

Then we should figure out order.

@Everyone: thoughts on massclaiming toDay? My concern is since it's 3-2 imo, it's likely we have to nail scum continuously from ToMorrow on to have a realistic chance of winning and having one extra lynch is useful for piecing out contradictory claim.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Gluelock wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:15 pm So we claiming or what?
We're discussing it, Seven was already claimed. What do you think?

My big concern is that we're in a 3-2 situation.");
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

It sounds like fun, I’m down. Good thing I didnt say more already lol
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I say if anyone agrees on claiming just go ahead in their next post. Ordering always takes forever. Alternatively, I’m content with just going in whatever order you give Adum. You’re town leader. Tell us what to do senpai
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Gluelock wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:29 pm It sounds like fun, I’m down. Good thing I didnt say more already lol
Yes, thankfully lol

I know you usually play mountainous, we'll also want to consider order. You're pretty likely town so I'd want you later in the order.

");
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:30 pm I say if anyone agrees on claiming just go ahead in their next post. Ordering always takes forever. Alternatively, I’m content with just going in whatever order you give Adum. You’re town leader. Tell us what to do senpai
I’ll at least wait for Adum to green light it before I fully claim anything.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

What do you mean by 3-2 situation?
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

Also, Why are you spelling tomorrow “ToMorrow” and today “toDay”?
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:36 pm What do you mean by 3-2 situation?
I believe he means 3 human scum and 2 dissenting scum
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:30 pm I say if anyone agrees on claiming just go ahead in their next post. Ordering always takes forever. Alternatively, I’m content with just going in whatever order you give Adum. You’re town leader. Tell us what to do senpai
I like sanity checks, which is why I wanna get Laserguy, Make, and Bessie's opinions before it. I'm fine with going without Mak

The whole point of claiming is wanting to be able to CC scum. Here's my proposed order. I'm weighing my thoughts about slots but taking into account my read of the average sentiments towards slots.

Somitomi
Makhaira
JC
Bessie
Moody
LaserGuy
Gluelock
Adum

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Gluelock wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:36 pm Also, Why are you spelling tomorrow “ToMorrow” and today “toDay”?
It helps distinguish if we are talking about irl days or game days
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:43 pm System.out.println("
I like sanity checks, which is why I wanna get Laserguy, Make, and Bessie's opinions before it. I'm fine with going without Mak

The whole point of claiming is wanting to be able to CC scum. Here's my proposed order. I'm weighing my thoughts about slots but taking into account my read of the average sentiments towards slots.

Somitomi
Makhaira
JC
Bessie
Moody
LaserGuy
Gluelock
Adum

");
bessie is always going to be against claiming. It’s her philosophy not to claim even when you’re a town PR about to be yeeted (as you saw in Sorcerers). Yes, add it to the list off meta-game discussion to talk about.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:36 pm What do you mean by 3-2 situation?
3 humans, 2 dissenters. Glue had it right.

Gluelock wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:36 pm Also, Why are you spelling tomorrow “ToMorrow” and today “toDay”?
It's game terminology I learned years ago, capitalizing the "M" in "tomorrow" refers to next game day to make it easily distinguishable from "tomorrow" meaning "the next 24 hour period in real life".

Same deal with "toDay", it means the current game day, not the current RL 24 hour period.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:46 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:43 pm System.out.println("

Somitomi
Makhaira
JC
Bessie
Moody
LaserGuy
Gluelock
Adum

");
bessie is always going to be against claiming. It’s her philosophy not to claim even when you’re a town PR about to be yeeted (as you saw in Sorcerers). Yes, add it to the list off meta-game discussion to talk about.
I remember, we convinced her to (in slightly coded terms) in the last game for the good of town and playing to her wincon. I'm hoping we can come to a similar understanding in this game.

");
madge

Post by madge »

Votals:
Seven - 2 - Mak, Bessie
Bessie - 3 - LaserGuy, Seven, Gluelock

Night 3 will start at noon on Sunday the 22nd of October (UTC+8), or in about 1 days, 6 hours.

With 9 players alive, 5 are required to vote off.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

@moody penny for your thoughts?

");
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

AdumbroDeus wrote:My big concern is that we're in a 3-2 situation.");
Do you mean 4-3-2, being as there are nine players alive? I may be Polyannaing here, but I think we're closer to 6-2-1.

In terms order of mass claim, I've always been agnostic. I've seen the explanation before, but considering the time crunch, I'd be just as happy with first come first serve.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:41 am
AdumbroDeus wrote:My big concern is that we're in a 3-2 situation.");
Do you mean 4-3-2, being as there are nine players alive? I may be Polyannaing here, but I think we're closer to 6-2-1.

In terms order of mass claim, I've always been agnostic. I've seen the explanation before, but considering the time crunch, I'd be just as happy with first come first serve.
I meant setup 3 humans, 2 dissenters (who are the killers). So a 7-3-2-1 setup. Which means we have 6 town, 1 human mafia and 2 dissenters mafia (killers)

How about general game state? Anything you found significant that happened recently?

");
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Have no idea what Gluelock was trying to accomplish with counterclaiming being neighborized, or why Seven, the alleged neighborizer, would go along with it for an instant. More of the playstyle I'm finding annoying, I guess.

The two wagons being the two players who have been mutually antagonistic since virtually the start is interesting, whichever if either gets elimed will provide quite a bit of clarification. Based on my current positions on players, I should be gleefully on the Seven wagon, may drag myself there by EOD, but my opinion of my reads is that they are crap.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Daily bark!

Gluelock wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:52 am @bessie

Do you scum read seven as an omgus kinda thing or is there something more to it?
Are you joking or have you not read any of my posts before this page?

Posts where I have pointed out Seven’s suspicious content and given reasons as to why I believe it to be suspicious:
viewtopic.php?p=51662#p51662
viewtopic.php?p=51673#p51673
viewtopic.php?p=51729#p51729
viewtopic.php?p=51903#p51903
viewtopic.php?p=51970#p51970
viewtopic.php?p=52057#p52057
viewtopic.php?p=52590#p52590
viewtopic.php?p=52917#p52917
viewtopic.php?p=53391#p53391
viewtopic.php?p=53394#p53394
viewtopic.php?p=53484#p53484

Gluelock wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:52 am Also, in my mind you’re one of those low posters so this all just feels off to me.
Please elaborate on how it feels off to you. Or are you just slinging mud to see if anything sticks?

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:09 am What do you make of Adum’s argument that youd be gunning for SK
I don’t do “If I were town/scum would I do that” posts. But in general (of course other factors come in to play too), I think it is more advantageous for mafia that has identified a serial killer to leave that person alive for the first few days to help thin out town, especially if it is traditional (as it is here) to have the serial killer win con be last man standing.

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:17 am I think the scum team not being able to communicate is a great theory. It means that instead of having a night kill they have a scum vig and that vig targeted me last night. Im being confirmed town all over the place.
Ok. I post a setup theory and instead of discussing it you immediately turn it into a joke. You are not interested in solving.

Gluelock wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:25 am Btw
Vote: Bessie

Between the contradiction being uncovered by adum and seven and what I feel to be an unfounded stance around seven, your slot needs some actual pressure.
Please point out the contradiction that earned me your vote, because I think I missed it.
And I do not feel pressured by your vote.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:03 am @Bessie

I'll have to do a more complete response to your post when I have time but holy crap, that game sounds like a nightmare to play
We had a lot of experimental setups on the old site, and almost never had vanilla games. We would occasionally have Matrix6 or a newbie setup that were advertised for newbies wanting to learn the game. I pointed out JC’s post about how the mafia doctor might function, and my own idea trying to figure out the “weirdness” with the Human team. I think that it is a mistake to disregard these ideas.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:42 am 4 (which 3 and 5 are extensions of) is valid, if facile. My first thought was "more interactions that could potentially reveal his killer".
Everything really falls under #5, the others are just extensions. I think my intent and original context has been lost in this discussion, but I am against any early hammering with #5 the reason, and probably would have thrown some snark at Mak regardless of who was the night kill.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:25 pm @Everyone: thoughts on massclaiming toDay? My concern is since it's 3-2 imo, it's likely we have to nail scum continuously from ToMorrow on to have a realistic chance of winning and having one extra lynch is useful for piecing out contradictory claim.
No. I don’t believe in claiming for no reason.

And in this case, I don’t know if it is a good idea. We don’t know the Humans' goal. With their investigative role, what if they have a lyncher-type win con?

And meta read, but I don’t think Sabrar would make a game that was so unbalanced that town only get one miselim. Madge would.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

There doesn’t have to be an elaborate motivation for everything. Sometimes it’s all just good fun. If it were something more serious sure but I thought it was pretty obv that Glue was just messing around
Seven (she, him, their)