HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:07 am
Seven wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:46 am @bessie did you know heury was an Unjester?
No.
Cool. Would like for you to claim but I know you're too stubborn so unfortunately we have to just yeet you.

Vote: bessie
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:36 am
Seven wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:33 pm but we know EGW did in fact not have a kill last night
Scuse me, but how do we “know” this?
Seven wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:33 pm we know it was the dissenters that targeted Glue N1.
We don’t “know” this either. Stop posting your speculations as facts.
I mean under the condition that there isn't a PGO/redirector.
Your content this entire game hasn’t been about solving, it’s about controlling the narrative.

I don't feel like claiming.

Vote: Seven
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I don't think we need to spend days on this, let's get some votes in place, everyone. Currently I'm at L-2, bessie L-3 I believe.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie scum post for reference: viewtopic.php?p=9071#p9071
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:53 am bessie scum post for reference: viewtopic.php?p=9071#p9071
What exactly is their play as survivor supposed to prove?

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:01 am System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:53 am bessie scum post for reference: viewtopic.php?p=9071#p9071

");
Prove? It is not intended for proof. It is intended as a reference to her posting style. I'd provide a mafia game if there were some available on xkcd. Smashboard games aren't a good reference as she plays differently offsite (shyness).
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

The key thing to pay attention to is the way she talks to me there and here. The thing about scumbessie is that she takes an antagonistic stance against every comment that the person she is pushing makes. Town bessie finds particular things suspicious and she will point out speculations, but scum bessie finds every thing suspicious about the person she is pushing. Her MO is not to give headway to anything they say.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:10 pm If he was caught up, he should have known that I was simply trying to cover for Adum. Frozen is not reading closely at all. Cause he's not trying to solve. Just needs to know the bare minimum to keep enough to pretend he's solving.
I do not agree with this. Your content has been all over the place in this game, and it is hard to determine exactly what your current claims are. And I still don’t see (or buy) that you were just trying to cover for Adum.
You're incorrect here, if you read back the posts it's pretty obvious where they got the impression: viewtopic.php?p=52475#p52475

I read back on this some point last day phase and realized if those final two lines were assumed to be a response to that first paragraph instead of one for each paragraph, then that would explain Seven's assumption and his "message" came a little while after in the exchange.

Of course they could've made that mistake as town or scum in the latter case the attempts to protect me were obfuscation but I'm nearly positive their belief was sincere.

Makhaira wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:00 pm EGW kill makes no sense unless moody is the killer though I guess that could be an easy way to set the slot up given EGWs EOD final post
But EGW didn’t know that would be his final post. I was supposed to come back to discuss moody with EGW. EGW prodded me several times about it, and could have been hoping to use our discussion to change his position.
There's also the far more obvious possibilities, PR hunting and otherscum hunting.

somitomi wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:01 pm
Seven wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:41 pm ooo good point
This is a townslip (or Seven is very good)
This is not a townslip. FoS somitomi.
I'd agree but less because it's invalid and more because it discounts that we're in a presumptive multi-scum team setup. That's just as likely the reason to not reflexively consider how it looks.

Unrelated, I'm waiting with baited breath for glue to come back ");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:07 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:01 am System.out.println("

");
Prove? It is not intended for proof. It is intended as a reference to her posting style. I'd provide a mafia game if there were some available on xkcd. Smashboard games aren't a good reference as she plays differently offsite (shyness).
You're misunderstanding, specifically being overly literal.

My point is that it isn't a good illustration because it's not the type of role that would produce comparable results to being mafia/SK or the like, at least in my opinion.
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:13 am The key thing to pay attention to is the way she talks to me there and here. The thing about scumbessie is that she takes an antagonistic stance against every comment that the person she is pushing makes. Town bessie finds particular things suspicious and she will point out speculations, but scum bessie finds every thing suspicious about the person she is pushing. Her MO is not to give headway to anything they say.
Hmmm, I'll recheck and compare but I got the impression that she's a little tunnel happy as town and that clouds her judgement.

In spite of my feelings on your slot, some of the critiques do seem unfair, like the sureness you phrased certain of the setup speculation in your last post, things like one NK and that at least last NK didn't come from the humans (without say a redirector) seem so bleeding obvious. But I also don't think they're Bessie-scum unfair, more Bessie tunnel unfair.

The one thing that did stick out to me is that EGW mentioned that Bessie has a really nasty tone as scum, which gallon of salt, flipped mafia, but the tone is just really harsh.

But gun to my head, Bessie>you right now.

Oh and Mak and Bessie are definitely right in that you shouldn't assume that roles are inherently not complex.

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:49 am My point is that it isn't a good illustration because it's not the type of role that would produce comparable results to being mafia/SK or the like, at least in my opinion.
Maybe if it were a normal setup but I think surviver and second scum team are compatible for the aspects that I'm looking at.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

comparable*
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:55 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:49 am My point is that it isn't a good illustration because it's not the type of role that would produce comparable results to being mafia/SK or the like, at least in my opinion.
Maybe if it were a normal setup but I think surviver and second scum team are compatible for the aspects that I'm looking at.

But you know what? I'll look over the game when I get a chance. That probably won't be til Friday due to me working til 5 am Weds and Thurs but I'll do what I can and see if that comparison is justified because it is a weird setup, even if it seems like an inherently weird claim.

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

You don't have to, it's unnecessary if you don't think they are comparable. I'd rather just get this show on the road.
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

Votals:
Seven - 3 - JC, Mak, Bessie
Bessie - 2 - LaserGuy, Seven

Night 3 will start at noon on Sunday the 22nd of October (UTC+8), or in about 3 days, 21 hours, 30 minutes.

With 9 players alive, 5 are required to vote off.

@madge: Assuming it doesn't also end the game, would it be announced if a team is eliminated?
In the event that a team is eliminated and the game doesn't end, said elimination will be announced.
Last edited by madge on Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Well that changes things.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

madge wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:31 am Votals:
Seven - 3 - JC, Mak, Bessie
Bessie - 3 - LaserGuy, Seven

Night 3 will start at noon on Sunday the 22nd of October (UTC+8), or in about 3 days, 21 hours, 30 minutes.

With 9 players alive, 5 are required to vote off.

@madge: Assuming it doesn't also end the game, would it be announced if a team is eliminated?
In the event that team is eliminated and the game doesn't end, said elimination will be announced.
bessie has 2 votes btw
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:40 am bessie has 2 votes btw
My maths error has been fixed
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:15 pm \"No comment\"= \"we did it correctly\", if it was in error they'd be obligated to fix it.

I can't speak for past games, but this sort of deception seemingly goes goes further, they let others draw implications rather than explicitly lying. There's also the question of her knowing the Doc that just got NK'd, even if they are a scumdoc.
I could argue that this isn't explicitly untrue even if LaserGuy's theory iss correct but I'm not about to give Seven ideas
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:50 am Anyway Blue is pulling your chains, he’s not in my hood. Laser was my only target.
Ok, nevermind that now
@Gluelock: explain yourself
Makhaira wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:08 pm oh jfc I jusst got ninja'd by like a page typing that up and may have just hammered fml
Yeah, unfortunate. We could have used any additional content we could get out of George.
This feels kinda iffy in a way I'm not sure I can articulate well.
This is not a townslip. FoS somitomi.
Now this feels like home :lol:
AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:29 am I'd agree but less because it's invalid and more because it discounts that we're in a presumptive multi-scum team setup. That's just as likely the reason to not reflexively consider how it looks.
Fair, but even so I'd think scum!Seven would be more conscious of this aspect even if otherwise the claim and EGW's confirmation was legitimate.
Rose's boytoy.

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

I took Seven's comment as sarcasm.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

somitomi wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:40 pm
Seven wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:08 pm What am I missing?
It just seems to be a very genuine "huh, I haven't thought of that" reaction that I think is very hard to fake if you're scum bullshitting us with the neighbourizer claim. It indicates a mindset so locked in on this reality that it never even occured to you how "EGW confirms your claim and immediately flips scum" might look from the outside, which is definitely something mafia thinks about if they set up a gambit like this.

The neighborizer claim is definitely real. I think don't think it's particularly AI--given that the cop and doc were both scum, we can't trust roles to give us alignment info directly and neighorizer is often a scum role anyway (I think I've seen more scum neighborizers than Town ones, actually).
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:50 am Anyway Blue is pulling your chains, he’s not in my hood. Laser was my only target.
Wut
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

LaserGuy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:42 am Vote: bessie

With heury apparently not being a mason I'm feeling a lot less charitable.
Please further explain this vote and your comment.
I have had you as scum since D1. I put that read on the backburner late D1 as I thought you/heury were masons. Now that this is evidently not the case, it seems likely that you are just mafia.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

somitomi wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:40 pm It just seems to be a very genuine "huh, I haven't thought of that" reaction that I think is very hard to fake if you're scum bullshitting us with the neighbourizer claim. It indicates a mindset so locked in on this reality that it never even occured to you how "EGW confirms your claim and immediately flips scum" might look from the outside, which is definitely something mafia thinks about if they set up a gambit like this.
The neighborizer claim is definitely real. I think don't think it's particularly AI--given that the cop and doc were both scum, we can't trust roles to give us alignment info directly and neighorizer is often a scum role anyway (I think I've seen more scum neighborizers than Town ones, actually).

EBWOP
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

Lol well, that was fun while it lasted :lol:
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:22 pm I took Seven's comment as sarcasm.
...ok, that is possible. My text-to-sarcasm software has been rather buggy lately.
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:30 pm The neighborizer claim is definitely real. I think don't think it's particularly AI--given that the cop and doc were both scum, we can't trust roles to give us alignment info directly and neighorizer is often a scum role anyway (I think I've seen more scum neighborizers than Town ones, actually).
I never considered the role itself alignment-indicative, that read was based on just that one remark that I might be completely misinterpreting.
Gluelock wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:49 pm
Lol well, that was fun while it lasted :lol:

If nothing else, can I have your thoughts on this?
somitomi wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:01 pm That wording here is pinging me something crazy. If Laser is not in fact in the neighbour chat, he had to make the answer up based on information in the thread (like say, this post from Seven). But you didn't say he's wrong, you said he's "lying for whatever reason" when from your point of view that reason should be clear: he doesn't know what you know.
Rose's boytoy.