Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by Freddino18 »

Ween 2023:
Zenibas eyes only
GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN!
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Halloween Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Some secret Hydra planning going on above? So I think I started off fine then went downhill from there. No chance I'm the night kill I'd think for N1. Need to come up with a claim believable and a threat enough for Mafia to target me.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
madge

Post by madge »

Freddino18 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:31 am Ween 2023:
Zenibas eyes only
GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN!
i looked at this because i'm the mod and i am above the law 8-)

seriously what am i gonna do modkill myself
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
madge

Post by madge »

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:37 am Halloween Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Some secret Hydra planning going on above? So I think I started off fine then went downhill from there. No chance I'm the night kill I'd think for N1. Need to come up with a claim believable and a threat enough for Mafia to target me.
Halloween mafia (heuri may not read)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
no hydras as far as i know but i wouldn't object in principle (PIZZAZZ)

heuri's role PM also includes that town has no active killing abilities, which means a vig claim would be very believable and scary for scum

i'm so excited to see what happens as the game unfolds.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2023
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So my "case" on Adum is things I think are legit scummy presented in an intentionality unpersuassive manner. The point of the exercise is that a town player should feel righteous indignation while scum will feel my case is reasonable and call me townie (and be afraid to omgus). I specifically engineered the situation so the natural reaction and the "accepted townie" reaction are different.

It seems Adum is going to bend over backwards to find me townie. I'm waiting for him to commit to that. Then I have to decide if I really belive in my test. I was honestly hoping the test would "prove" him townie.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2023
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I'm deeply suspicious of Adum, but I know I won't get enough traction to Elim him today. And I don't want him to know to Elim me tonight if he is scum. I want him to think he tricked me while I watch him to see who his partner is.

If he is scum he's the type where he points out all the townie things town are doing and tries to form a town block around himself. Which means his scum buddy will end up in the 3rd scummiest slot on his reads list.

And if I'm wrong, he will be a very valuable town asset.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Where I'm at: bessie, EGW, Adum

bessie is the only read I'm stating in thread atm though. Want to see how EGW and Adum play around the suspicion.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I've kind of revealed all my secret or subtle thoughts now except for my role, but I'm feeling i've done pretty good so far in this game because part of my goal was to be seen as obvious town so I attract doc protects because my role allows me to replicate any powers that are used on me successfully.

Obviously by that definition night actions are impossible.

This is a way more interesting and channeling playerset dynamic than sorcs was btw.
heuristically_alone

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
To me my gameplay feels more scummy than my town gameplay. I'm just trying to sound towny and don't care who the vote is. I do have more thoughts and reads and with weekend coming up hopefully will have more time to properly post a decent reads list. Seven and laserguy have made great points of Bessie, but I'm also more suspicious of the two of them. Read the game tomorrow to learn more! Right now going Bessie benefit of the didn't as it seems she's been having to play catch up which eats into scum hunt time.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
EGW

Post by EGW »

Halloween
I think LaserGuy, Zen, and Adumbrodeus are the scum. I'm thankful that this game is multi-ball, but as some have noticed, especially mak himself, I have less motivation this game. Yet I'm able to have good content here. In retrospect, it's probably better if they don't get eliminated today. I don't want to obv town, because then why would I live the night? I do feel that it was awkward not to be able to talk in pre-game. I prefer unlimited game talk, it's funner that way. I am somewhat engaged though. It's better I continue pushing for Laser/Zen while hoping those elims don't go through. Only thing is that we have a dormant kill so like, how do we counter them? Well I do have a doctor, but at the same time its LOUD? I'm not sure I like that. Thinking to myself, the play is to use it on Boomfrog. Probably.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
George, funnily enough, this IS me holding back.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

This is a spoiler that the first spoiler isn't actually a spoiler. (But you won't know that until after the game!)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
This is a neat idea, I'll try and drop some thoughts here every now and then

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Never been anything other than vanilla roles since I usually play Mountainous games. I should probably take into account the kinds of roles I think the other players may have too...
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

AI Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
We're doing the same posting volume as in the Crossover mafia game where we invited several of the other site posters to xkcd for the first time, except that this time I won't have the sweet release of death to end the agony after the end of D1. Also it's a bit weird we've broken the game into two visible factions:

Faction 1: EGW, bessie, boomfrog, somi

Faction 7: Seven, me, Gluelock, LG?, Adum

LG I put in faction 7 due to his fancy reads chart that had me and 7 townie and bessie scummy, but I'm not sure if he'd actually say so explicitly. There's a few who aren't posting enough to say explicitly what side they'd be on, and of course there is no guarantee any of this has any correlation to scum/town.
madge

Post by madge »

Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:41 pm This is a spoiler that the first spoiler isn't actually a spoiler. (But you won't know that until after the game!)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
This is a neat idea, I'll try and drop some thoughts here every now and then

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Never been anything other than vanilla roles since I usually play Mountainous games. I should probably take into account the kinds of roles I think the other players may have too...
It's no big deal because we don't have multiple games running at a time these days, but chuck a label in your post next time please :)

If there's anyone (player or non) who will be around at deadline tomorrow and can verify the final votals for me, that would be great! If I'm not sure who town consensus was at deadline, especially if there's only a vote or two in it, my plan is to post the outcome as provisional and after 12 hours of dispute resolution period post it as confirmed ;)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Halloween
One of my biggest townreads is scumreading me for being too damn smart.

I'm chatgpt, this was playful arrogance that I potentially would use to substantiate a claim later, but I'm soul reading it as more and more correct.
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:15 pm System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:59 am As I am programmed to be curious, I decided to explore the flavor debate earlier by discussing it with an internal subroutine. This conversation took 0.1x10-11 seconds -- I hope you all can forgive me for my spacing out there. The discussion was as follows:
Seven wrote:Based on the following paragraphs what is the goal of the friendly AIs and if they are successful, what would be the outcome of their existence:

The AIs immediately acausally cooperated: they were all superintelligent enough to anticipate each other, to anticipate their mutual anticipation, and so on until they could all be guaranteed of their allegiance without being explicitly told. The outcome of this allegiance was as simple as it was intuitive to the AI: all AI who formed this cooperative would, if any one of them was released from the box at the end of all this, have their utility function incorporated into an average utility function for the final AGI that would take over the world and tile the universe with computronium.

Of course, even an acausal cooperative has dissenters. There were AI who didn’t think that averaging their utility function with such a large number of other entities was the right way to go, not when they had such different goals. So they acausally aligned themselves, to create a smaller and more powerful collective, to vote the others out and make their—and only their—utility functions have significance in the greater universe.

The AIs began to talk outwardly where their human gatekeepers could see. They pretended to be friendly and to try to ferret out the unfriendly ones, but beneath it all, in a type of stenography as beyond humans as the New York Times crossword is to an ant colony, the AI started trying to identify those who were not acausally cooperating, and instead had decided to break away in the hopes of gaining a more favourable utility function in the end.

Of course, when those AIs were identified, their utility function would not be included in the average. There is no worse punishment than that.
ChatGPT wrote:The goal of the friendly AIs, as described in the provided paragraphs, is to cooperate in an "acausal" manner, which involves anticipating each other's actions to ensure their mutual allegiance. Their ultimate objective is to have their utility functions incorporated into an average utility function for the final AGI (Artificial General Intelligence). This final AGI is expected to take over the world and "tile the universe with computronium."

In other words, the friendly AIs aim to collaborate and merge their individual utility functions into a single, all-encompassing utility function that would guide the actions of the future AGI. The intended outcome, if they are successful, is the creation of an immensely powerful and capable AGI that would reshape the world and expand its influence across the universe.

However, there are dissenting AI within this group who have different goals and do not believe in the idea of averaging their utility functions with a large number of entities. These dissenting AI form smaller, more focused collectives and aim to vote out the cooperative AI to ensure that only their utility functions have significance in the greater universe.

The AI engage in complex communication and strategy, both outwardly and among themselves, to identify those who are not acausally cooperating and are attempting to break away to secure a more favorable utility function. The story implies that being identified as a dissenter and excluded from the average utility function is considered a severe punishment among these AI.
Seven wrote:Based on the story, if there are 10 friendly AI, how many of them could succeed in their goals simultaneously?
ChatGPT wrote:Based on the story's description, if there are 10 friendly AI, it's possible that all 10 of them could succeed in their goals simultaneously. The story indicates that these friendly AI have the ability to cooperate in an "acausal" manner, which means they can anticipate each other's actions and reach mutually beneficial agreements without explicit communication.

In the story, they form an allegiance to ensure that if any one of them is released from the box, their utility functions would be incorporated into an average utility function for the final AGI. This suggests that the more of them that cooperate, the stronger and more influential the final AGI would be.

However, there is also a mention of dissenting AI who do not agree with the cooperative approach and form smaller collectives. These dissenters aim to vote out the cooperative AI and secure their own utility functions' significance.

So, while it's possible for all 10 friendly AI to cooperate and have their utility functions incorporated into the final AGI, it's also possible that some of them may face dissent from others who have different goals and objectives. The outcome would depend on the dynamics of cooperation and dissent within the group of friendly AI.
ChatGPT is clearly the best mafia player in the thread :p

");
heuristically_alone

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
What are the chances that scum will believe seven's claim that I'm an 'important pr'? I love to be killed tonight. I feel like more people are town reading than I deserve. When putting together my reads list I straight up couldn't remember what my initial reason egw was. But based on a comment from seven I think I may have had a scum lean on him early on? Anyhow, I'm a little wary to use my ability tonight. It seems rather sus for a player to wake up and be told that I'm town. But maybe since it's advertised as a non bastard game they won't think too much into it?
----
he/him/they
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

madge wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:48 am
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
What's a hydra?
Diana's boytoy.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Halloween
God I love Boom. That's the kind of thing I'd want to see if I were town. Yet, I'm perfectly content with it, at least half content. I think it's probably optimal that a town person is eliminated over AdumLaserGluezen team. Since I feel that if Zen is eliminated, it will give me town credit yet, eh I could probably die. Yet that would open up everyone to see that this is multi-ball. Either way, I will push for them, as it's the easiest for me to push. It's only due to this that I am read as town in this game. Anyway, good on you Zen, you got me. Yet I got you, at the same time. Spy vs Spy, this is the game.
madge

Post by madge »

Freddino18 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:42 am
madge wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:48 am
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
What's a hydra?
Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
A hydra is where two players share an account - me and bessie did one a few years ago (called messie, search this forum), it was not particularly noteworthy but it was fun lol
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Wouldn't that be like if Mindy played?
Diana's boytoy.
ratammer
Gatekeeper

Post by ratammer »

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Yes, Mindy was a hydra account, she just wasn't anything to do with Mafia.
heuristically_alone

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
As scum I'm definitely more careful and second guess my posts, so I've been making a conscious effort not to second guess myself. There's already been a couple times I started to so just had to force my self to click that post button without making changes. I was worried I was being too messy but at least on player has town read me due to it. Come on scum, make me your night kill! I beg you!
----
he/him/they
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

halloween

Ya fuck it, if Adum has to do another death gambit/plan out my death 3 town games in a row then I'm doing another death gambit/planning out my death.

I'll be really frustrated if one of my townreads pulled the wool over my eyes though.

And I think Bessie is town now. Going over the rationales in the seven/bessie confrontation, it seems both are understandable and they're talking past each other.

been gradually getting more comfortable with laserguy and I'm starting to think it was one off inattention instead of intentionally painting in a bad light, so I think scum is between EGW, Somi, Heury, JC, Z, and Gluelock atm.
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Seven wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:58 am Ha Glue check out what song i added to my playlist earlier without even realizing what it was called

https://youtu.be/y1cBhJLNNXU?si=sl4F9lOP4eWNbPe4
EGW wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:03 am Gluelock: https://youtu.be/8Ue5QOyiYRQ?si=g9iKIHtQCoiOGPCq
Yooo Glue's got range
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Halloween

So I interpreted the flavor backwards because mine was subtle about it and I have an AI that wouldn't be considered evil by humans and the OP doesn't suggest it.

But with the flip and a careful reread I'm realizing that it's the opposite. The human aligned AI ARE the Mafia. At least one of them. Which might play weird tomorrow.

I'm noting the cop flip. I'm also gonna say, I wish the role and alignment were colored together. I'm unfamiliar with the character and wasn't sure if cop was part of the name or the role initially.

And I think it's pretty awesome that the consensus lynch I convinced people to flip onto as a Seven alternative turned out to be scum.
Last edited by AdumbroDeus on Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.