HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
Gluelock

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by Gluelock »

Even after reading to catch up, I'm not sure I fully understand the reason people are voting Seven.

Can someone give me the quick sparknotes version?
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:30 pmAs I'm reading and catching up on the game, I occasionally tilt my head at something I read and think, "Why'd they say that, it just sounds wolfy". Then when I check to see who the OP was its often EGW. I'm trying to restrain myself from tunneling or some weird OMGUS thing but this is becoming a pattern. Wolves are more conscious about how they're perceived, and the unprompted defensiveness in what's underlined above doesn't sit right. In the same line they frame it as a way to help the game, but that's just fishing for brownie points in a way town players don't feel the need to do. Vote: EGW
That's in no way an unprompted defense. Seeing as how I said the exact same thing in Sorcerer Mafia, does this change your thought process here? I said it because it related to how Zen was not thinking about his posting, making it harder for others to catch up. I also already clarified that I had no concern for LaserGuy's secret he had on me, I was confused as to why he would be happy with keeping his vote with me knowing that I entered in the same manner as Sorcerer Mafia, it didn't line up, and he accepted my response. I already mentioned that I am aware that posting less harms my image, but I do so to improve on my read accuracy. So no, I'm not concerned with how others perceive me.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:43 pmEven after reading to catch up, I'm not sure I fully understand the reason people are voting Seven. Can someone give me the quick sparknotes version?
No, I'm agreeing with Boom that you should give a full reads list at this point.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:30 pm
EGW wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:19 am
It is moving very fast. You know, the second reason why I have been trying to post less is due to this. I realized I was making it harder for everyone else to be able to sort the game. Yet I know that Zen also believes in posting less. I'm not entirely getting the feel that he is trying to restrain himself this game? Also, I'm not entirely sure if the conversation between you and him about the saltiness is very productive. I know that she usually is busy during the week and I personally know that she works a lot, and I know that when she has time to put in the analysis, she will be readable. I think my early read on her was misguided, due to being wrong.

As I'm reading and catching up on the game, I occasionally tilt my head at something I read and think, "Why'd they say that, it just sounds wolfy". Then when I check to see who the OP was its often EGW. I'm trying to restrain myself from tunneling or some weird OMGUS thing but this is becoming a pattern. Wolves are more conscious about how they're perceived, and the unprompted defensiveness in what's underlined above doesn't sit right. In the same line they frame it as a way to help the game, but that's just fishing for brownie points in a way town players don't feel the need to do.

Vote: EGW
System.out.println("

I can't get into anything in depth right now, but posting less as town was specific advice Marshy gave EGW (as ranmaru) at the end of the game I'm referencing with Seven as Ro.

I'll link the last page of the game if you want to confirm: https://smashboards.com/threads/basic-m ... 09/page-21

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:31 pm Though I think this is more the kind of not making connections between different posts you'd make in the play I'd see in Sorc.
Could you expand on this when you have the chance? I'm having difficulty parsing.

@blue make sure to bold your votes (though I do hope the gatekeeper is utilizing ctrl+f and not manually scanning for each vote)
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
EGW

Post by EGW »

Adumbrodeus, I would have appreciated if you have waited to tell Gluelock that until after their response to me.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:03 pm
bessie wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:37 am
Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:42 am Unvote: moody7277
Why?
I liked the idea have having tied wagons 2/2/2/etc so I voted moody to align with the pattern. Once the pattern disappeared I removed my vote. I actually have a town lean on moody.
My intent of the question was because I was pinged as to why you removed it so quickly. No one was in danger of being eliminated. This looked like an excuse to be seen voting for moody.

Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:30 pm Vote: EGW
Please bold your vote. And everyone, make your vote stand out from the rest of your posts just to be sure it is counted. Madge is not the most meticulous thread reader, and on top of that she is very busy and does not have Sabrar full-time to help her out.
EGW

Post by EGW »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:31 pmOtherwise my rationale is public and you're not reading deeply enough to understand how my thought process shifted. Though I think this is more the kind of not making connections between different posts you'd make in the play I'd see in Sorc.
Can you quote what you felt was Zen being salty and how it factored into your read on him? I didn't see anything that seemed like he was salty, so help me understand.
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

I'm composing some thoughts and distilling them into a succinct read list right now, I remember seeing someone request it.
EGW wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:43 pm
Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:30 pmAs I'm reading and catching up on the game, I occasionally tilt my head at something I read and think, "Why'd they say that, it just sounds wolfy". Then when I check to see who the OP was its often EGW. I'm trying to restrain myself from tunneling or some weird OMGUS thing but this is becoming a pattern. Wolves are more conscious about how they're perceived, and the unprompted defensiveness in what's underlined above doesn't sit right. In the same line they frame it as a way to help the game, but that's just fishing for brownie points in a way town players don't feel the need to do. Vote: EGW
That's in no way an unprompted defense. Seeing as how I said the exact same thing in Sorcerer Mafia, does this change your thought process here? I said it because it related to how Zen was not thinking about his posting, making it harder for others to catch up. I also already clarified that I had no concern for LaserGuy's secret he had on me, I was confused as to why he would be happy with keeping his vote with me knowing that I entered in the same manner as Sorcerer Mafia, it didn't line up, and he accepted my response. I already mentioned that I am aware that posting less harms my image, but I do so to improve on my read accuracy. So no, I'm not concerned with how others perceive me.

And EGW, referencing past behavior in other games doesn't change my thought process. Its too easy for a wolf to think, "hey I did this as town last time, let me just recreate this behavior here again. Oh and if I get called out on it I'll just cite the previous time I did it as town". So at best its NAI.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

My bad, I thought I had bolded my vote. Thanks for calling it out!

VOTE: EGW
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:57 pmAnd EGW, referencing past behavior in other games doesn't change my thought process. Its too easy for a wolf to think, "hey I did this as town last time, let me just recreate this behavior here again. Oh and if I get called out on it I'll just cite the previous time I did it as town". So at best its NAI.
Yes, it is NAI. So why push that angle? Most importantly, you state that the line I said was unprompted defense. Can you elaborate on why you feel it was a defense, and why I would address Adum with it? Why would I mention it more than once and draw attention to myself if I'm worried about my image?
EGW

Post by EGW »

Gluelock, did you change your visibility to invisible? Zen, why didn't you ask Gluelock about this?
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Unofficial votals:

Seven (4): bessie, EGW, boomfrog, huery
moody7277 (2): Zeniba, Makhaira
EGW (1): Gluelock
bessie (1): LaserGuy
heury (1): moody7277
LaserGuy (1): Adum
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

I think we're missing the forest through the trees. Your posting count following Marshs advice from another game and all that is great, just NAI. However, you choosing to mention it, unprompted, is potentially a pre-emptive attempt to get ahead of any future claims that could come your way. Its something I'd think a nervous wolf would do. Now, I could be wrong, I know that, but I'd be interested to see if others think if you're playing in your wolf range.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
EGW

Post by EGW »

You say you asked yourself why I would say it multiple times. What was the answer to your own question, because you have not shown that in the post voting me. You asking that question to yourself doesn't line up with you saying I was conscious with how I was perceived.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:33 pm Yeah so I just skimmed bessie's post Day 1 of Newbie New Year and it just proves my point. It was a newbie game and therefore she wanted to avoid voting out a newbie Day 1, yet she was willing to do it for her win con:
I love you too, Peaceful Whale! Please don’t take anything I say as part of this game
personally. Remember that I am my avatar!
Also, this is a newbie game. We will all do the best we can to help you so you can ask us
anything related to general mafia gameplay and we will answer you truthfully, or Suzaku
and wam will smite us from above. But it doesn’t mean you get a free pass. Please take it as
a sign of respect that I am treating you not as a clueless newbie, but as I would treat any
other player.
bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Hi bessie! Who will you tunnel next?
Sigh. Probably Peaceful Whale.
Oh wow your post totally vindicates me and denounces your entire argument!

For anyone that wants to attempt to navigate the archive, this is on Page 457.
newbie compassion.PNG
newbie compassion.PNG (65.77 KiB) Viewed 6625 times

Since the links all link to the old web site, I don’t know the reason I was linking, but I think this is enough to show I believed PW was scummy but I wanted to give him a chance to play.

This is the end of day post from Page 487:
end of day votals.PNG
end of day votals.PNG (69.44 KiB) Viewed 6625 times
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
EGW wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:48 pm Adumbrodeus, I would have appreciated if you have waited to tell Gluelock that until after their response to me.
My apologies. I didn't see your post at all, IRL Johns.

But we may step on each other's foot a little here.
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:48 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:31 pm Though I think this is more the kind of not making connections between different posts you'd make in the play I'd see in Sorc.
Could you expand on this when you have the chance? I'm having difficulty parsing.

@blue make sure to bold your votes (though I do hope the gatekeeper is utilizing ctrl+f and not manually scanning for each vote)
Basically I think this particular incident is within his town play for that game for not putting together. I think differently on others.

There are easier ways to say it but they're much meaner and I'm trying not to be mean.

For that I'll expand when I expand on EGW's questions.
Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:12 pm I think we're missing the forest through the trees. Your posting count following Marshs advice from another game and all that is great, just NAI. However, you choosing to mention it, unprompted, is potentially a pre-emptive attempt to get ahead of any future claims that could come your way. Its something I'd think a nervous wolf would do. Now, I could be wrong, I know that, but I'd be interested to see if others think if you're playing in your wolf range.
This is a good answer in isolation for why they think it conveys scum intent that I'm filing away for analysis when I have time.

I need to double check some prior play to see if it's valid and/or fits with gluelock's play.

");
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:16 pm
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:14 pm
Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:03 pm

I liked the idea have having tied wagons 2/2/2/etc so I voted moody to align with the pattern. Once the pattern disappeared I removed my vote. I actually have a town lean on moody.
Gluelock = Town :D
Why will you not answer me?
What did I miss? Thought I responded to you.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
EGW wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:13 pm You say you asked yourself why I would say it multiple times. What was the answer to your own question, because you have not shown that in the post voting me. You asking that question to yourself doesn't line up with you saying I was conscious with how I was perceived.
Filed under: Ran being surface level/obtuse.

");
EGW

Post by EGW »

Adum, why do you believe Zen and Boom are scum together succinctly?
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

Town
Makhaira
Boom
LaserGuy
Seven
Somitomi
Moody
JC - this is roughly my "True Neutral" inflection point.
Adum
Zeniba
-Gap-
Bessie
heury
-Gap-
EGW
Wolf

I town read Seven right now, and the speed that Seven's wagon grew is a bit staggering. I'm willing to bet there's at least one mafia in EGW, Heury, Bessie, and Boom (My town read of boom supercedes here, but this does hurt their town read a bit).
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:20 pm Town
Makhaira
Boom
LaserGuy
Seven
Somitomi
Moody
JC - this is roughly my "True Neutral" inflection point.
Adum
Zeniba
-Gap-
Bessie
heury
-Gap-
EGW
Wolf
Where is the reasoning for each?
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

EGW wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:13 pm You say you asked yourself why I would say it multiple times. What was the answer to your own question, because you have not shown that in the post voting me. You asking that question to yourself doesn't line up with you saying I was conscious with how I was perceived.
If it came across that way, I'm sorry that wasn't my intended question. It isn't "why say it multiple times?" its "why say it at all?". I've explained why saying it at all doesn't sit well with me, I don't know where you misunderstanding is.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:30 pm"Why'd they say that, it just sounds wolfy".
The answer to this question. Did you consider it? I think once you think about it the explanation I gave is the clear answer, which you neglect to mention.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
EGW wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:19 pm Adum, why do you believe Zen and Boom are scum together succinctly?
Filed under EGW being surface level/obtuse

That's the exact opposite of what I believe, I made an ebwop explaining it and giving IRL Johns

Also you missed Mak.

My actual views on those slots have been explained in depth.

");