Madge pony is my fave
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Sabrar

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by Sabrar »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Town!me is complaining about the length of the night and how I will now surely die because they yeeted my Doc.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Considering that Boom is scum and Fonti has high scum equity, I was worried about this. But if Moody slot is town, Town may actually have a chance to win this with Laser in the show.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
*waves*

I'm Weak Doctor.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Congrats to Swiss: if it hadn't been for that car crash, you'd have gotten your fondest desire of me taking myself out. Fortunately, it seems mods left it open for LG to pick his own target.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Probably doing something dumb. I think I'm very close to the solve and will be using my weak doc to resolve basically the last slot that I feel I need (fonti). There are much townier slots but I think if I can get a clear on fonti the game basically all falls into place.
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

Poison
What the hell did I miss???
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
And so ends my PYP game :D
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

LaserGuy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:17 am PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Sorry! I'm curious what your solves were, if you wanna go to the green room! Or if you wanna say it here obviously.
madge

Post by madge »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
3 deaths:

1 mafia kill
weak doctor targeted the wrong person
1 vig kill

IDK what the heck to do there. lololol

who did LaserGuy target? I'd HAVE to assume Sabrar.

This puts Sabrar on my scum pile.

at least I have four townies to read the reads of. i'll have to do that later, and i can do that in-thread.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:21 am
LaserGuy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:17 am PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Sorry! I'm curious what your solves were, if you wanna go to the green room!
PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I've already read through the spoilers and I was way off.

This is where I was at:

People with legit townslips that should never be eliminated: Fred, JC, Mak
People who are probably Town on play: Swiss, Sabrar, bessie
People who are fonti: Fonti
People who are scum: Madge, BoomFrog, Seven

Looks like the top row was correct, second row has 2/3 scum. I guess fonti must be third. Brutal scumteam for Town to play against. I didn't think fonti was Town particularly but I needed to solve them. Vig shot was terrible.

I guess only consolation is Town should assume that one of the towniest towns must be mafia, which is correct.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Since this will never find a home anywhere else, this is what I was up to for posterity (ie. LaserGuy is always wrong):
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Sabrar:
Sabrar is probably Town.

I like this analysis a lot and I agree with a lot of the sentiments here, except specifically Mak (who IIRC has had issues with misunderstanding mechanics before, though don’t ask me to quote a specific game for it) and fonti (I don’t think this is significant). Also noting this for later when I see how the Wam wagon shakes out.

This feels like Town Sabrar.

I like these reads, though I don’t agree with a lot of them, but I like where Sabrar is coming from. Seven/Madge connection interests me since I have similar suspicions.

Swiss:
My recollection of Swiss is that he was quite abrasive as Town and somewhat more mellow as mafia. So far seems to be reminding me of Town!him.

Yeah, I think this is Town Swiss.

I like this from Swiss.

This is interesting but I feel like probably NAI? Swiss seems to have largely forgotten the games he played on DGames and heury doesn’t have an encyclopedic mafia memory so this is entirely possible.

This is sort of true about Sabrar? He doesn’t mind people who play hard, but doesn’t like it when the game gets personal. NAI behaviour.

I agree with most of this. Swiss makes good points re: bessie.

I like this vote

Fred:
Seems like super obvious Town compared to what I’ve seen as scum.

Fred is very sharp. Hmm…

Fred’s play this game is like night and day from what I’ve seen from him previously.

I love this from Fred. He’s like mini-BoomFrog in training.

I’m confused by what Fred means by being only on Page 5 here when they’re clearly following the game in real time.

Doesn’t matter cuz he’s Town anyway. This vote is awful but not in a scummy way.

Seven:
I expect one of these for me. That’s literally the only reason I replaced into this game GRIN. Um. I think this is Town!Seven. Scum!Seven doesn’t show his hand like this. Vaguely amused to note that Seven puts his mafia game as so much stronger than his Town game. I *think* this is probably Town-indicative. Noting his comments on Wam until I see how the EoD elimination played out. His comments on Sabrar are interesting as well, may come back to this later.

I think Seven remembering the game but not the specific mechanics is probably genuine but also probably NAI.

There’s something I’m thinking about with respect to this that is making me worry about Seven. Specifically, Seven’s play is usually disruptive to Town when he is Town. It’s interesting to me that his play has been so… by the book… this game. Might downgrade him to scumlean. Noting the same problem with BoomFrog.

I’m a little surprised about Seven agreeing with the case on Moody, and, to a lesser extent, on Mak, here. Moody does not have great attention to detail and his reasons for his reads are often based on things I find hard to see. Mak, likewise is just super obvious Town this game. This feels like Seven ignoring important meta information to keep the low-hanging fruit elims open.

This post is super weird and I don’t know what to make of it.

Seven claiming he wants to imitate bessie is interesting. I think it’s possible and NAI. I disagree that his content this game is anything resembling Hari Seldon.
I don’t buy this from Seven. If they believed Wam was mafia, it wouldn’t matter whether they were present or not and Seven is certainly ruthless enough to make a play here as Town. The reason for yeeting bessie here is terrible (bessie also generally is a poor info elim as mafia since she doesn’t spew her partners and Seven ought to know this).

This is awful.

Fonti
Generally like their analysis but probably this is NAI for fonti.

It’s odd that fonti is referring to Seven as Xivii. It’s not wrong just strange. This is an interesting post otherwise but everything is NAI for fonti.

I agree with this by fonti. Probably not w/w with Seven.

Hmm… I think I like this

FWIW, I don’t think fake townslips are particularly common here. I think there are one or two players who have done it that I can recall (Wam?).

Not super excited about these reads from fonti. One of fonti’s great strengths as Town is being able to effectively narrow the pool of scum very tight have a very strong PoE. This feels off to me. Noting for reference that fonti did not clash with Wam this game, whereas the two are usually fairly adversarial.

Yeah, I’m not liking how wide open fonti is keeping the field, nor how they’re looking past Fred’s very obvious towniness so easily. Curious why fonti is Townreading Seven.

Interesting here that fonti doesn’t recognize any of the many, many places where Fred has obvTowned this game.

This is a good course-correction by fonti. FTR fonti pushed for an elimination of Synchronicity in a similar situation when they (fonti) was scum. But also both wagons are Town so this isn’t high risk for fonti to switch. This feels legit though.

Makhaira:
Mak is Town. Mak would never get this wrong as mafia. Not just that he got it wrong, but he came up with an incorrect interpretation for what he thought was happening.

Still feels Townie.

Mak is pretty obvTown this game. He’s much more energetic than his previous game.

Mak is super obvious Town and I’m baffled at how many people are scumreading him. Seriously, look at his previous game compared to this one. Mak is bored, lurky, and indecisive as mafia.
I like this from Mak and I agree with his analysis of Boom.

I have similar feelings about JC/Fred as Mak here, though JC was really tough to read in AI so IDK.

Misc:
I don’t see it anywhere, but I’m assuming we have 3 mafia?

I think there’s a problem with this setup where it uses standard roles with slightly non-standard modifiers that has resulted in a low of confusion.

Bessie:
Noting this for now.

viewtopic.php?p=56995#p56995This[/url] feels like Town!bessie.

FWIW, I think bessie missing setup details is probably NAI-to-Townleaning.
This is interesting and I don’t think I have ever been described as a person with feelings.
I laughed at this. Also bessie/Seven not w/w.

This is Town bessie.

Wam:
Wam is Town and I am suspicious of everyone on that wagon.

Again, super Town

I agree with Wam about JC here. I don’t care for JC’s content much and he’s giving me a different vibe from last game.

Noting Wam’s suspicion of bessie here. Wam is IIRC often one of the players who locktowns bessie early.

Wam was such a terrible elim. WTF people. This is good.

BoomFrog:
This feels townie.

I can think of several reasons why Sabrar would try to make his posts role-neutral, so it’s odd that BoomFrog wouldn’t.

This is a very on the nose defense of Seven. Strange.

These reads from BoomFrog feel legit to me. His Wam read is very classic BoomFrog, and I think the distrust of fonti is reasonable for Boom here.

BoomFrog is scum. He is clearly fishing to see if moody is the doctor in this exchange.

Madge:
This gives me a weird vibe. Miscellaneous note on Madge is that she is very good with mechanics and role analysis so I’m a little disappointed by her play in D0 so far.

I feel like this is possibly a slip? Scumpoint for Madge. Madge giving D1 reads at all is also a little odd to me. Particularly of Seven. @Madge, why is Seven Town?
i will stand by the fact that all the roles suck for scum, there was no "one shot watcher" in their pool, like seriously! day rolecop, extra kill, janitor, it's all scary
Don’t like this from Madge.

Madge has D1 reads. Hmm. Interesting that Swiss isn’t mentioned here despite being comparatively active. Also very weird that Madge doesn’t mention bessie even in jest. Actually, for that matter, strange that bessie hasn’t been poking too much at Madge. Scumread of moody seems to come out of nowhere and they had said Mak was scummy earlier but have moved them to ‘confused about’ for no reason. There’s a lot to dislike here and not all of I think is just Madge being Madge. Scumlean. At least one partner in Fonti/Sabrar/Seven if Madge is mafia.

Madge is scum. She’s willing to jettison her strongest townread at the drop of a hat.

JC:
Don’t care for this.

This seems kinda townie

I like thisaggression[/url] from JC. Though IIRC they were pretty passive as Town in our previous game.

This is probably a hard Townslip from JC.

As of Page 3:
Town:
Mak, Swiss, Fred

As of the End of D0:

Town:
Mak, Swiss, Fred, Wam

Townlean:
Bessie, Sabrar, Seven

Null:
Fonti

Scumlean:
BoomFrog, JC, Madge

As of Page 10:
I would be voting JC

As of Page 15:

Town:
Mak, Swiss, Fred, Wam

Townlean:
Bessie, Sabrar, BoomFrog, fonti

Scumlean:
Seven, JC, Madge

I’d be voting Seven

Stopping here for now.

Eod1

People with legit townslips that should never be eliminated: Fred, JC, Mak
People who are probably Town on play: Swiss, Sabrar, bessie
People who are fonti: Fonti
People who are scum: Madge, BoomFrog, Seven

For the record: Madge is probably Vengeful in this scenario.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Thanks LaserGuy for subbing in :D
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I really wish I could quote post numbers somehow. Really undoes my whole style of play.

Great night phase. I'd bet my house moody weak doc'd me, why else did I soft claim vig you FOOLS. I AM BEYOND IMMORTALITY. Madge is about to push me in thread because she'll make the link. I need to make toDay about Zen and if they're goon or vengeful- not about if they're scum.

I also need with 3 scum I can't simply townread everyone else and push zen.

Also @FF I did legit remember that zen obtuse thing from >10 years ago because I knew one day it would be useful. But somehow I forgot I even knew
Heury never mind hydra'd with him. IDk how my brain works.

Need to get boom onside so when madge comes swinging I'm ducking like a quacking MONSTER. If Madge and Boom sus me for the weak doc protect I'm in hot water - but I love a bath.
The Great Deceiver / He Who Shall Not Be Blamed / Swiss Of A Thousand Plans
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Well, here I was afraid LG might have been locked into my bad choice, and here he picks another of the scum. Fonti deserves an Oscar for his indignant post about my E-1 post; that was quality stuff. Town was 60% screwed as soon as Sabrar got a scum PM.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
moody7277 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:53 pm PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Well, here I was afraid LG might have been locked into my bad choice, and here he picks another of the scum. Fonti deserves an Oscar for his indignant post about my E-1 post; that was quality stuff. Town was 60% screwed as soon as Sabrar got a scum PM.
Ya no worries, even if he was he always had the opportunity to change before deadline. There was never a lock, I even warned people at the 24 hour mark.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Madge wrote:moody: too close to call
Typical, not even being dead is enough to make me confirmed town. :roll: :lol: Seven and boom seem to be on to fonti and Swiss, but convincing people will be interesting seeing as they're just off of being at eachother's throats. And then of course Emperor Sabrartine pwns you all.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Poison
Wait town was given DOUBLE DOC????
Diana's boytoy.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Freddino18 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:12 am
Poison
Based on the kills, town was given doc/w. doc/vig. Whoever has the vig obviously didn't want to wait on shooting someone, which of course is what scum would have wanted.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Poison
moody7277 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:20 amPYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Freddino18 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:12 amWait town was given DOUBLE DOC????
Based on the kills, town was given doc/w. doc/vig. Whoever has the vig obviously didn't want to wait on shooting someone, which of course is what scum would have wanted.
Almost exactly my picklist lol. I wonder which side killed me.
Diana's boytoy.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Freddino18 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:48 am
Poison
moody7277 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:20 amPYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Freddino18 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:12 amWait town was given DOUBLE DOC????
Almost exactly my picklist lol. I wonder which side killed me.
I'll tell you if you wanna know here. Or drop in the green room and we can tell you in the spoiled room.
Pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
moody7277 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:20 am PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Freddino18 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:12 am
Poison
If he shot scum it wouldn't matter of course.
Pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Poor boomfrog, guess you're stuck feeling my pain about dealing with Bessie and Seven tvt tunneling each other to death!

Btw Bessie, issues with tunneling Somi over, you need to stop tunneling Seven.

Omg the resignation in boomfrog's post: viewtopic.php?p=58433#p58433
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

poison
AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:37 amPyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I'll tell you if you wanna know here. Or drop in the green room and we can tell you in the spoiled room.
yes please
Diana's boytoy.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Freddino18 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:31 am
poison
AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:37 amPyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
yes please
Bessie is right, you were the mafia kill. Vig and targeted Mak.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
FF's lifeless body stares vacantly up at Swiss. The same in death as he was in life.

I can't wait to read this thread post game.

Pretty sure Zen has nailed his own coffin by insulting Bessie in thread.

Surprised Madge went after Sabrar not me. But the reasoning was the same.

After we elim Seven toDay I need to make sure JC vigs town. Better if we elim Boom and that leaves an easier vig onto seven.
The Great Deceiver / He Who Shall Not Be Blamed / Swiss Of A Thousand Plans
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Poison
I done dieded.

Also WHY THE HELL would vig target Mak?
Diana's boytoy.