Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Freddino18 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:11 am
Poison
I done dieded.

Also WHY THE HELL would vig target Mak?
IDK, not a choice I'd make, and JC is a really silent player unfortunately.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So I'm thinking bessie thinks I shot Fred and was playing dumb about it. Maybe killed him as a way to frame her/make me look good.

I'm wondering if scum killed him because they picked up on the same vig-crumb-that-apparantly-wasn't-a-crumb that I did.

Also I like hoe my EBWOP ended up with a typo anyway
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
The day draws on, town yet still breathe.

Zen stands alone, a shining beacon of promise on D2. They carefully eye Swiss, questioning his true motives - trusted to quickly by the others through his guile and wit, Zen wouldn't be so easily fooled. Echoes of the past start to flash past Zen's eyes, Swiss wasn't just good, he was the best. He could be scum. This is it.

Unexpected pressure. Swiss acts quickly. This cannot be, will not be - a puppet is cutting it's strings. If Swiss' guile, wit and honesty in thread wasn't enough, he'll need to make something extra special just for Zen. A special gift for a special player. Paranoia.

Zen reads the thread closely, intently. Looking for tells. She leans back in surprise at Swiss' post. "Scared of my gloating?" Zen whispers to himself, considering and weighing the options carefully. Not even Swiss could...surely. No, he must be town.

Zen pens his distrust of Boom further, in his focus and tenacity he doesn't notice the strings on his hands, as if someone else were moving them...
The Great Deceiver / He Who Shall Not Be Blamed / Swiss Of A Thousand Plans
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Swiss' front door rattled with the thumping of a fist. Rusted hinges creaked on the old London Wood.

He stood up from his armchair and walked down the old gas lit corridor. Opening the door revealed an angry figure covered in the morning mist - bulbous eyes and green skin betrayed the figures identity.

"I know you're scum, Swiss!" the figure spat, flecks of spittle shining like morning dew.

"Hello, BroomFrog."

Swiss moved to the side and gestured BoomFrog inside.

"I'm having a friend for breakfast, why don't you come in and we can discuss this predicament"

BoomFrog hopped inside. Inside a pan sat on the stove, heat simmering up and through the cold house.

"I knew it!" BoomFrog proclaimed "I knew it as soon as today started, you've completely changed - now you want to eliminate ME! You don't even have a third pick of scum! You're just trying to eliminate me and Seven!! It makes no sense!
AHA! You've even only laid the table for one! Another lie you've been caught in!."

Swiss said nothing in response.

"What's for breakfast anyway?" BoomFrog's belly rumbled and he peered into the hot pan. Empty.

Swiss smiled as he closed the door and turned the key in the iron padlock.
"Frogs legs"
Wam

Post by Wam »

Pyp (Swiss may read)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
im really enjoying your latest sppikker posts!
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I wasn't lying here when I said I wanted to resolve the day early. My stupid brain woke me up at 3am and then again at 5 because it couldn't handle the uncertainty...
I need a game with more timezone-friendly deadlines.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Thank you Fonti for giving me a second bite at the apple and living out my revenge fantasy after you dunked on me so hard in Things I Like Mafia.

I know your team is still going to win, but it was cathartic for me to accurately scum read you and swiss.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Boom, what are the odds we actually win this?

Sabrar and Madge are the two I trust. Sab probably being killed tonight.

JC's reaction to my questioning of bessie makes me think they aren't paired.

Why is bessie so scummy to me T___T

her last question to me at the end of the day seemed so fake. like when scum have to appear they are puzzling their way through their read

like could it be Fonti, Swiss, bessie?

Why then did Fonti go out of their way to shield JC?
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Pick your Poison
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Seven is so scummy why does no one see it except me???? His end of day antics make it so people can't vote where they want, they have to keep moving their vote to ensure a yeet.

Sorry BoomFrog. My internet picked the worst time to go down and I didn't have an opportunity to reread or try to move the vote to someone else. The timing in this game has been terrible for me too because I don't have time to do more than the daily bark on weekdays and I just don't have the same momentum during the night cycle.
sorry boom.png
sorry boom.png (159.27 KiB) Viewed 56300 times
madge

Post by madge »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
why do i feel that all the posts here are laughing at me for not sticking with my instinct of Sabrar? not that i had a choice lol

ffff :(
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Madge must be vig right? And she crumbed D1 when she said scum couldn't have counted on her being vig?

I forgot she had Mak as yeetable.

Now the question is will she follow boomfrog or will she kill sabrar?
Seven (she, him, their)
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Swiss waited patiently in the old, creaky London flat. There was no need to rush, no panic. His magnus opus, his perfectly crafted game would soon come to an end.
Manipulating town, the doctors, the vigilante - it had all been too easy. The vigilante would kill Seven on this night and he would be free to reveal himself as the mastermind. The true mastermind.

And there it was.
A rapping at my chamber door 'Tis some visitor' he mused to himself 'only this, and nothing more'.

The door opened to electric eyes - wide with panic and adrenaline.

"It is done?" Swiss asked the figure.

"Yes" The figure stepped in - the cloaked silhouette of JC revealing himself, pistol still smoking in the cold night.

"It wasn't easy, you know" JC gushed his words out, confiding in his one true ally "I was so scared, I can't kill another innocent, I can't be responsible for this"

"Come, I prepared a toast, you deserve a drink after that"

Walking into the side room, JC shivered, somehow inside here was colder than outside.

Seating themselves at a small oak table, two glasses of wine awaited them, a warm redness ready to welcome them.

Sliding a glass of wine toward JC. Swiss reassured him "You did well, Seven is a mastermind. I couldn't bear it - losing to someone with his reputation, they used to call him the greatest of all time, you know. It's a good job we stopped him."

JC went to reply - but his voice cracked from the cold night air and stress.
Taking a hearty gulp of the claret wine to wet his throat JC said, "Sorry, frog in my throat"

"You and me both" Swiss smiled. A warm smile, but it never reached his cold eyes.

Drinking his wine in one Swiss stood, turned and looked out the window, the sun was beginning to crest over the horizon. His horizon, his town.

"You know, JC" Swiss said - still staring out the window "You really should have drunk the wine in front of me"

A glass smashed against the floor. Behind he could hear JC struggling for breath, choking. Clutching at wood and table and cloth as if it could save him. Swiss almost felt bad about this one.

Almost.

Pause. Calculation.

He did kill Seven? Shit. In his hubris he never clarified.

Turning to face the now still corpse at table he saw blind loyalty and folly yes. But a streak of self determination, of self reliance also.

As the sun crested over and through the windows Swiss wondered if all his work had been undone.

He felt an emotion he hadn't felt in a long time.

Uncertainty.
Last edited by Swiss on Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
town!me writes here something very townie.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Swiss wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:16 am PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I'd guess a PR is on JD from his confidence. If moody is normally active then him too. need to re-read for crumbs. Zen likely vanilla
Hoooooo boy I am GOOD
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:00 pm PYP nobody living in the game may read:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I actually fully agree with Swiss on janitor, it's a BS role that makes the game less fun.

However this is Seven's setup, not mine or EGW's, we're running it so Seven can play, and while we could've messed with it, messing with PYP roles is a tricky thing and I didn't want to suggest it without the advice of probably either Sabrar or Seven.

But I feel like saying that publicly might interfere with the game, because it could create interactions with Seven that wouldn't otherwise happen.
I didn't design it. I copied it from marshy. And marshy copied it from elsewhere.

I think an adjustment I'd make to the game is the ability to give two Docs.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Swiss wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:32 am
Swiss wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:16 am PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I'd guess a PR is on JD from his confidence. If moody is normally active then him too. need to re-read for crumbs. Zen likely vanilla
Hoooooo boy I am GOOD
Your reasoning is wrong on moody though, he's just not normally active.
Seven wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:41 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:00 pm PYP nobody living in the game may read:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I actually fully agree with Swiss on janitor, it's a BS role that makes the game less fun.

However this is Seven's setup, not mine or EGW's, we're running it so Seven can play, and while we could've messed with it, messing with PYP roles is a tricky thing and I didn't want to suggest it without the advice of probably either Sabrar or Seven.

But I feel like saying that publicly might interfere with the game, because it could create interactions with Seven that wouldn't otherwise happen.
I didn't design it. I copied it from marshy. And marshy copied it from elsewhere.

I think an adjustment I'd make to the game is the ability to give two Docs.
That's fair though either way, janitor should be killed with fire and vig is statistically a net 0 role.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:20 am
PYP Mafia
I'm pretty sure Zen intentionally hammered rolecop. I personally am for it. I would vote for Rolecop myself here. Since mafia already know what roles they chose before hand, I think it weakens the role to the point of simply determining who has which role. It reminds me of chess with simplifying the gamestate to king and pawns. Rolecop will essentially make people focus on dayplay. Yet at the same time, isn't that against the spirit of a power role game? Hmm. It's just making me realize that PYP is more so a competition of who can gimp the other side as much as they can, meaning how much non-fun can we make it for the other side? I would either prefer my own hosts to just make all roles fun and distribute them to both sides, or at least have all options be equal so it makes it less of a gimping contest and more so just a preference picnic. I am not too sure how I'd go from here though. I would choose one of vengeful or godfather. Or you know what? Maybe 2shot RB. I just don't like that godfather has full BP and vengeful gives scum two tempo. I guess disruptive it is. Otherwise I'd probably go for godfather.
It was a legitimate accident hehe. I didn't look to see what the vote count was at until after.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Swiss wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:17 am PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
The day draws on, town yet still breathe.

Zen stands alone, a shining beacon of promise on D2. They carefully eye Swiss, questioning his true motives - trusted to quickly by the others through his guile and wit, Zen wouldn't be so easily fooled. Echoes of the past start to flash past Zen's eyes, Swiss wasn't just good, he was the best. He could be scum. This is it.

Unexpected pressure. Swiss acts quickly. This cannot be, will not be - a puppet is cutting it's strings. If Swiss' guile, wit and honesty in thread wasn't enough, he'll need to make something extra special just for Zen. A special gift for a special player. Paranoia.

Zen reads the thread closely, intently. Looking for tells. She leans back in surprise at Swiss' post. "Scared of my gloating?" Zen whispers to himself, considering and weighing the options carefully. Not even Swiss could...surely. No, he must be town.

Zen pens his distrust of Boom further, in his focus and tenacity he doesn't notice the strings on his hands, as if someone else were moving them...
LMFAO hahahga
Seven (she, him, their)
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

???? Is the game over? why so much unspoilered shit??
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Freddino18 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:36 am ???? Is the game over? why so much unspoilered shit??
Mafia won.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

As I said in one of these, town was 60% screwed when Sabrar drew scum, and apparently it was 80-85% screwed with both he and Swiss as scum.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

moody7277 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:55 pm As I said in one of these, town was 60% screwed when Sabrar drew scum, and apparently it was 80-85% screwed with both he and Swiss as scum.
Fonti is also a powerhouse, they played excellent support as always, I'd say 85% chance is about right with all 3 of them. Town's only chance was if Seven and I worked together...
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Merry Christmas!
Seven (she, him, their)
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Xkcd is invited to have a representative for the mafia championship.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gi9 ... sp=sharing

Anyone wanting to give it a shot?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:55 pm As I said in one of these, town was 60% screwed when Sabrar drew scum, and apparently it was 80-85% screwed with both he and Swiss as scum.
Hey moody you should join our Discord so we can ping you for new games and the like and keep in touch when things like the site going down occur.
Seven (she, him, their)