Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

What you're all really here for.
Wam

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by Wam »

Pyp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Im impressed at EGW ability to get the first post on each new page!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Yes Swiss, I am posting differently. That is deliberate.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
EGW

Post by EGW »

PYP Mafia
Sadly Wam, I actually missed the first post a few times. CURSE YOU SWISS. (and Mak lol) :x
EGW

Post by EGW »

PYP Mafia
I'm pretty sure Zen intentionally hammered rolecop. I personally am for it. I would vote for Rolecop myself here. Since mafia already know what roles they chose before hand, I think it weakens the role to the point of simply determining who has which role. It reminds me of chess with simplifying the gamestate to king and pawns. Rolecop will essentially make people focus on dayplay. Yet at the same time, isn't that against the spirit of a power role game? Hmm. It's just making me realize that PYP is more so a competition of who can gimp the other side as much as they can, meaning how much non-fun can we make it for the other side? I would either prefer my own hosts to just make all roles fun and distribute them to both sides, or at least have all options be equal so it makes it less of a gimping contest and more so just a preference picnic. I am not too sure how I'd go from here though. I would choose one of vengeful or godfather. Or you know what? Maybe 2shot RB. I just don't like that godfather has full BP and vengeful gives scum two tempo. I guess disruptive it is. Otherwise I'd probably go for godfather.
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

Poison
Wam's Godfather and Bessie's Janitor vote are immediately suspicious. Gonna tunnel Bessie day 1. I suspect she isn't getting that Scooby Snack.
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Welp

viewtopic.php?p=57113#p57113

"In the PM", there's no way Swiss and Fonti don't pick that up and realize moody is the weak doc or vig. On further analysis specifically weak doc, because vig has enough interference to assume "without interference" was the wording whereas GF is a unique interaction with WD that specific attention would be drawn to, especially since Swiss would recognize this as the kind of detail I'd add and I wrote the W. Doc role pm.

Town is probably screwed, especially since imo weak doc is the most powerful role.

Unrelatedly, EGW is so johnny on the spot with vote counts I suspect I won't get to do a single one this game and function exclusively as "the person to discuss potential in-game modding issues" with.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Halloween and PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Mak, brah, that was intentional? The only reason people agreed it probably wasn't intentional was because it was a stupid move in your situation and only shined a spotlight on yourself but it was also agreed as NAI.

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed, I expected better of you. But you were barely involved in the game due to being busy
EGW

Post by EGW »

PYP Mafia
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:58 amUnrelatedly, EGW is so johnny on the spot with vote counts I suspect I won't get to do a single one this game and function exclusively as "the person to discuss potential in-game modding issues" with.
You have been doing quite the heavy lifting, I say. I am very happy to have you here, it's quite the pleasure. You are really helping me keep this game smooth, and I really value having a second eye checking any possible mistakes I make. Especially in PYP. Votecounts are the least I can do. For example, you helped distribute the Town perks, and helped start off the game at a timely manner when I woke up a few minutes late, and much more. Imagine what we can do as a hydra in mafia. 8-)
madge

Post by madge »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
lol i haaaaaaaaaaate d1

at least d0 gave us stuff to talk about. i'm hopeful.

madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
EGW wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:15 am
PYP Mafia
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:58 amUnrelatedly, EGW is so johnny on the spot with vote counts I suspect I won't get to do a single one this game and function exclusively as "the person to discuss potential in-game modding issues" with.
You have been doing quite the heavy lifting, I say. I am very happy to have you here, it's quite the pleasure. You are really helping me keep this game smooth, and I really value having a second eye checking any possible mistakes I make. Especially in PYP. Votecounts are the least I can do. For example, you helped distribute the Town perks, and helped start off the game at a timely manner when I woke up a few minutes late, and much more. Imagine what we can do as a hydra in mafia. 8-)
sounds like you're asking for analytical buttheads V2 lol
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Copy Pasta Draft
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:38 am Oh you're that guy.

I've played with sabrar, Moody, was, Bessie and Seven a bunch, egw a medium amount and one glorious game with Fonti.

Best scum buddy is Fonti.

I haven't read the setup carefully yet. No novel thoughts there yet.
boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:38 amWas = wam
boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:39 am Oh 2 games with Fonti actually.
boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:41 am And a bunch with Heury.

Sorry I'm real busy so I won't be playing to my usual depth, but I couldn't resist this line up.
This tumble of posts pinged me and I intuitively associate them with Boom's wolf meta. It has the same sort of vibe as our first game together, Crossover Mafia, where Boom was scum. I'm not sure I've actually seen Wolf Boom since then, other than on my team, wow. Hello there, old friend. Intuition is not enough though, so I've reflected on it and believe it stems from the following:

It is a rather unnecessary set of posts from a town perspective. Was responding to this so important that he needed to respond to it while he was in a rush? What I've gathered from Boom's play recently is that he is deliberate in every aspect of his posts, and he is patient. The pattern recognition machinery of my brain tells me that this urgent set of posts consisting of non-urgent content deviates from the town!Boom model. In contrast, there are elements in this set of posts that I believe are in line with possible scum motivation. Specifically, it positions scum!Boom as a "townie" by three subtexts that I will unsubmerge:

1. "I haven't read the setup carefully yet. No novel thoughts there yet." translates to "I haven't read the setup yet, so I mustn't have been involved in pre-game!"
2. "Look at these multi-posts and mistakes I'm making, I must be an easygoing townie who isn't trying too hard to keep a good image!"
3. "Sorry I'm real busy so I won't be playing to my usual depth" translates to pre-johns*: "If you catch me on something at some point, it's because I'm busy, not because I'm scum!"

*SWF terminology: Johns = excuses.

Also for the record, Boom, you've played 3 games with Fonti: Sumting Sumting, Things I Like, Apex Legends.

Another thing. It's difficult to convey, but I don't think the wording in this line is authentic:
"I haven't read the setup carefully yet. No novel thoughts there yet."

You all can ignore this, I'm just in the process of dissecting what it was about these that my brain was intuitively pinged by. The phrasing is just off, and is hard for me to believe stems from someone who was really in that rushed, haphazard state. The double "yet" has a staleness to it. And the lack of flow from the first sentence to the second (i.e, the use of a period rather than a comma). Also town responses to things like this tend to have a sense of brevity. The second sentence plus all the corrections awkwardly addresses everything Swiss asked in an overly thorough way. (What do you mean I was also overly thorough? That's different!)
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Funnily enough, I was just talking with EWG about the differences between our playstyles and I pointed to controlling my ADHD and constantly forcing myself to justify my thought process and editing my thoughts for new conclusions is the only wat I can work.

And boom is also ADHD and tends closer to my style in my opinion, I think what seven is picking up in the post above (viewtopic.php?p=57143#p57143) is him being rushed and only getting to do half the editing work he normally does.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Town!me is complaining about the second hammer and the fact that he planned to publish some juicy analysis today.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Missed hammer again.
poison
we had the option of giving them a gun or a mop and we gave them the gun. HOOO WEE we're fucked lol
Diana's boytoy.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

PyP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Aww I didn't get a chance to casually drop the line, "I'm pretty sure most of the scum are in S team." Because I wanted scum to give vengeful to someone on S team. Oh well.

This is probably for the best so that bessie can start D1 strong with a weekend to analyze D0.

There's a lot of good info in D0, but I wonder if I'll have the time to re-read it in context once D1 starts and everyone starts sharing their scumhunting observations.
EGW

Post by EGW »

PYP Mafia
Now it begins. This is what I'm interested in seeing. Day one.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Tentative rankings

Scumish
1. Boomfrog
11. bessie
6. Madge

Nullish
2. Wam
8. moody
9. JC

Townish
10. Fonti
5. Fred
3. Swiss
4. Mak
12. Sabrar
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

PYP Mafia
Gosh, Seven posted the old SWF PYP mafia game. I now realize how bad I played there, and I helped Janitor be voted for mafia. I now see that rushing the role phase, doesn't work. I also hate the feeling of being scum read for pushing a belief about roles, when I really don't care about them. I also realize that I had a bad defense to Gheb there. I think I was confused how to find mafia without having an early game. My thought process was that the role picking phase would just be fluff, I wanted to focus on Day 1 scumhunting. Not role picking. So it influenced my rush. I guess I wouldn't be too against PYP Mafia, especially from seeing how people are playing it now.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
bessie wrote:
Freddino18 wrote: I already am suspicious of a couple of individuals due to their picks and reasoning, but am waiting to hear from everyone before I start asking those people questions. I don't really have anything else to say so early in the day.
Waiting to give opinions until others give theirs. FoS.
Dear Gorf, Bessie must hate my playstyle lol

*Adds to meta things to discuss later*

Also I'm glad I wasn't in pregame cause they're using roles to understand people and I think my decision paralysis would not only make it really difficult for me to understand people's thought processes towards the roles, which I think would really handicap me for the game overall.

That said, if I were a player, I think I'd probably be drawn to Swiss and FF "wanting to play mafia" in the confirmation phase. I think the commentary that people should wait about giving their opinions about who looks towny or scummy until after roles are decided because it's scum reading that is important to who to give what role to. But furthermore, it "collapses the wave function", in other words I'd argue that it's an interaction where the longer you wait the better your information about people's thought processes you get.

I generally would say my thought process is more like Swiss' so I'd probably expect it more as a subtle manipulation rather than Mak, especially given that in Sorc's I was confronted that we think about the game a lot more differently than I thought, but after Halloween I'm probably hyper aware of the risk of subtle manipulation from top level players because of laser, though I might go hard on both.

Also, FF has both fonti and sabrar in their sights, but might end up buddying Swiss. Seven has them all as town which speaks negatively for town's chances.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

poison
I intend to do a reread when I'm feeling better, hopefully tomorrow. It will not be as detailed as my Millerizer reads.
Diana's boytoy.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Pick Your Poison
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I think Fred is mafia. Sigh.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I'd guess a PR is on JD from his confidence. If moody is normally active then him too. need to re-read for crumbs. Zen likely vanilla
The Great Deceiver / He Who Shall Not Be Blamed / Swiss Of A Thousand Plans
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Dear Seven,

I think I'm going to vote you soon.

If you're town, I'm sorry for disappointing you.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Fortunately for me, most of the harder players to do those types of reads with are toward the end of the alphabet, especially Seven who based on last game is inscrutable like the Sphinx and just as likely to eat you, and Swiss whose posts I may have to take in swathes. So I'm deciding to let other people better able to puzzle Seven out do the work and base whether I accept their read on my read of them. Convoluted and a probable point of weakness? Absolutely, but it's the best I'm going to do with them.

In other news, I have two choices on how to use the weak doc power. I could try to stop kills, knowing I have shit luck with powers and stop nothing, or actually use it like the quasi-cop it apparently is supposed to be. Of course, the shit luck could mean I check wam and get killed N1 cause he is actually scum. C'est la guerre.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

PYP
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I know that you're cheating and reading this.

Hopefully that gave someone a heart attack.

I think Bessie is playing bad. I think Font and Sab playing well, but they will catch heat toMorrow. I can't make heads nor tails of Freddinos post about voting pedro, which I take to be naopelon dynamite. Is this a crumb or his style? Either way good NK target. I like him.

Curious to see boom start to play

FF is on fire, playing exceptionally.

Need to take advantage of Seven's lack of confidence misyeet them

Crazy how many people havent read the set up properly.

The mods keep rejecting my ideas as to how to game people.

We now know madge is vt
The Great Deceiver / He Who Shall Not Be Blamed / Swiss Of A Thousand Plans