Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

What you're all really here for.
EGW

Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

Post by EGW »

Welcome to Pick Your Poison Mafia. Adumbrodeus will be my co-mod.

Player List

1. Boomfrog
2. Wam
3. Swiss
4. Mak
5. Fred
6. Madge
7. Seven
8. moody
9. JC
10. Fonti
11. bessie
12. Sabrar

Dead Players

1. No one

Replacements

1. No one
Last edited by EGW on Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:16 am, edited 15 times in total.
EGW

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia

Post by EGW »

Game Rules

Fundamental Rules
1. Please enjoy this game, and do not personally attack other players in a manner that is offensive.
2. Do not use hidden or encrypted text. Do not use code. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. Posting text with the intent to hide it from other players, e.g. by changing the text color to resemble the page background, is not permitted.)
3. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (And if you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise).
4. If you believe a simple mod mistake has occurred, please address this in-thread and in bold. If you believe a large moderation mistake has occurred, or you have a dispute, please contact me via PM.
5. You are not allowed to quote your role PM or quote a fake role PM. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.) If you are unsure if your paraphrase crosses the line, ask me via pm.
6. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod and the co-mod.
7. Editing your posts is not allowed. Upon each edit you will receive a mod-vote. Mod-votes do not hammer a player.
8. Do not use this (color) and (color) as it is the mod's color.
9. I reserve the right to change the rules at will, and even in extreme circumstances enforce it retroactively. If a strategy feels shady to you, you might want to take it up with me first.
Voting and Eliminating

1. Each Day you may vote for a player to be eliminated using a bold vote command, e.g. Vote: Adumbrodeus.
2. You can unvote, e.g. Unvote: Adumbrodeus, which removes your vote from the player you were voting. It is not necessary, but it is appreciated if you do.
3. No elimination is a viable elimination choice, e.g. Vote: No elimination. A majority voting for this choice will end the Day with no player being eliminated.
4. The Day will end when a majority elimination is decided or a deadline is reached. If a deadline is reached without a majority elimination decided, there will be a no elimination.
5. No posts during Night.
6. If you're nightkilled, you may post one information-less "bah" post.
Activity and Deadlines
The recommended minimum of posting is once daily. Consideration will be given for Weekends. Please notify me if you have a pre-planned absence planned. If feasible, I will tell you if I am considering replacing / modkilling you.
2. A single deadline extension will be granted if a majority of players request this, e.g. Request Deadline Extension. This extension will last only 24 hours.
3. Each day phase will last 5 days. Night phase will be 48 hours.
4. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.

Sample Role PM

Sample Role PM
Hello, Player. Welcome to Pick Your Poison Mafia. You are town. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive. Pick Your Poison Mafia
Last edited by EGW on Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Last edited by EGW on Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:10 am, edited 68 times in total.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Updates

Day two has begun.
Last edited by EGW on Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:15 pm, edited 10 times in total.
EGW

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Role PM's under construction)

Post by EGW »

Town Perks
Cop
You are a Cop. Every night you may investigate another player and receive a guilty or innocent result from me. You have a 50% chance of being a Sane Cop (accurate results) and a 50% chance of being an Insane Cop (inaccurate results). Your sanity won't be revealed if you die.
Doctor
You are a Doctor. Every night you can give me the name of a player you want to protect; they will be immune to all kills that night. You may not protect yourself.
Weak Doctor
You a Weak Doctor. Every night you can give me the name of a player you want to protect; they will be immune to all kills that night. If you protect a member of the mafia, you will be killed that night. You may not protect yourself.
Vigilante
You are a Vigilante. Each night you have the option of killing another player who you suspect is scum. You have unlimited shots but can only shoot once per night.
Masoniser
You are a Masoniser. Once during the game, at night, you can try to recruit another player. If they are protown (or have the Godfather role) you will succeed and be allowed to speak to them privately day and night. If they are any other Scum role, your attempt will fail and you won't get to retry. If a recruited Mason dies, they will have "<ason" added to their rolename and you will be able to recruit someone else the following night (this extra recruitment can only be done once). If you die first, your mason partner will have the option of recruiting someone the following night (again, this can only be done once).

Mafia Perks
2-shot Roleblocker
You are a 2-shot Roleblocker. Twice during the game, at night, you can block another player from taking any nightactions (using both blocks on the same night if you so wish). If that player is a cop or masoniser they will be notified of the block, otherwise they won't be. A roleblocked masoniser will not be allowed to try again.
Day Rolecop
You are a Day Rolecop. Each day you may investigate another player and find out their full role.
Vengeful Mafiate
You are a Vengeful Mafiate. If you are ever eliminated by town vote at any point in the game, the Mafia faction receives an additional kill that night. Note that the kill has to be used immediately; it can't be saved up and used later.
1-shot Janitor
You are a 1-shot Janitor. Once during the game, before an elimination has taken place, you may PM me and ask for the eliminated player's alignment to be covered up. You may not cover up your own alignment in this way.
Godfather
You are a Godfather. Any cop investigations against you will show the opposite of their expected result, and any nightkills against you will fail. Further, if a Masoniser tries to recruit you, they will succeed, in the same way they would if you were a protown player. Lastly, you have the option of allowing a Weak Doctor to protect you and still survive; you can use this on any night by PMing me.
Last edited by EGW on Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EGW

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Role PM's under construction)

Post by EGW »

I'll be sending Role PM's this weekend. I intend to start the game on Monday at the latest to give people time to enjoy their holidays. I will start as early as tomorrow if the whole playerlist agrees to an early start in their role PM, otherwise Monday start in pre-game phase.
EGW

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Pre-game, Monday start)

Post by EGW »

Decided to have Pre-game now, that way Day 0 can begin Monday at the latest. Role PMs have been sent.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

D0 is set for 9 am EST Monday

countdown to D0:
https://countingdownto.com/?c=5158624
AdumbroDeus

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia d0

Post by AdumbroDeus »

D0 begins! A deadline is set for Saturday at 9 am EST, or when all the mafia roles are locked in, whichever comes first.

countdown to Deadline:
https://countingdownto.com/?c=5159720
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Hey, I'm a bit rusty but I think I remember how this game is played.

Vote: wam

This is correct, right?
On a more serious note I'm very much against giving scum Janitor, the rest we can talk about.
Wam

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 0)

Post by Wam »

Hey its been 18 months for me and I still remember to start vote sabrar

Mods can we please get the setup info in this thread to make life easy?

Agree with sabrar on the janitor, my view is we should just list the mafia perks 1-5 average them out and vote for the top ones when agreed.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Well it's been around decade since I played properly.

1. Boomfrog
You've been playing recently, Dgames and here. I don't believe we've ever played together. Please give me a rundown of every player here inc how well you know them. List your ideal scumbuddies. List your ideal mafia perks, if you were to be a mafia.

2. Wam
Apparently I played a game in 2021 with you (I have no memory of this). I thought you were a new player, but you weren't. Who do you know here, as above list your ideal scum buddies - but list the mafia perks you want to give.

3. Swiss

4. Mak
I have no memory of you (insert Gandalf meme).
Who do you know, how well, and how experienced are you. Link to another game you've played as Town.

5. Fred
Who do you know, how well, and how experienced are you. Link to another game you've played as Town.

6. heury
I know your name, talk to me about yourself. (Why is he asking something different on Huery?)

7. Seven
Please breakdown every player here in depth.

8. moody

9. JC
(Unless you are J?)

10. Fonti
Fontisian, similar to Wam, we played in 2021. Who here have you played with before. List mafia Perks (best for mafia, or town, as you prefer)

11. bessie
I quote "Swiss, If fonti was our leader, you were our mastermind. You played an excellent game, all your reads were correct. I am sorry that I didn't deliver for you in the end, perhaps next time. Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit."
Seems I haven't lost my touch. Though I truly have no memory of returning in 2021.
Breakdown every player in depth for me, please. I know I can count on detail from you.

12. Sabrar
Sabrar, similar to Wam and Fonti, we played in 2021. Who here have you played with before. List mafia Perks (best for mafia, or town, as you prefer)
The Great Deceiver / He Who Shall Not Be Blamed / Swiss Of A Thousand Plans
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Sabrar and Wam - you're overwhelming me with content and information as well as two extremely productive player votes on N0.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Votecount 0.0

2-shot Roleblocker
Day Rolecop
Vengeful Mafiate
1-shot Janitor
Godfather

Not voting:
Everyone

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
Setup has been posted here for convenience.

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to lock in a Mafia Perk. Two perks can be chosen.
The deadline for Day 0 is December 2nd, at 9:00AM EST, or when all mafia roles are locked in.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Swiss wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:03 pm 12. Sabrar
Sabrar, similar to Wam and Fonti, we played in 2021. Who here have you played with before. List mafia Perks (best for mafia, or town, as you prefer)
IIRC I've played 0 games with JC, 1 game with Fred, 2+ games with everyone else.

Best for Mafia is Janitor, second best might be Rolecop, not sure. Everything else is situational, GF is good if Town received at least 2 investigative roles, utility of Vengeful largely depends if Town received Vigilant/Weak Doc, Roleblock feels weak but can be clutch.

PS: where is your homework?
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Sabrar wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:36 pm
Swiss wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:03 pm 12. Sabrar
IIRC I've played 0 games with JC, 1 game with Fred, 2+ games with everyone else.

Best for Mafia is Janitor, second best might be Rolecop, not sure. Everything else is situational, GF is good if Town received at least 2 investigative roles, utility of Vengeful largely depends if Town received Vigilant/Weak Doc, Roleblock feels weak but can be clutch.

PS: where is your homework?
Fantastic. You'll have strong reads on people, I look forward to your high level analysis on each player for me.

I'm waiting.
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Hi!

I'm a fontisian. I haven't played mafia in a few years.

I use they/them pronouns now.

I'm thinking roleblocker and vengeful seem the least disruptive.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Swiss wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:43 pm I'm waiting.
You haven't quite endeared yourself to me in the past to the degree that i would feel obligated to acquiesce your request. Keep on waiting.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Swiss wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:03 pm 6. heury
I know your name, talk to me about yourself. (Why is he asking something different on Huery?)
You spelled my name at least once, so ok. Well I bought a new bike last night and just finished my hour 7 minute bike ride to work. Not too much snow on the ground, just a little ice spots in the shade here and there. I brought leftover Chinese food for lunch, sesame chicken, rice and noodles. Last week I completed getting 3 stars on all 200 cc cups in Mario Kart and even won a couple races online.

I know I remember your name, but not much about you. Can I trust your reads today?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Sabrar wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:52 pm
Swiss wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:43 pm I'm waiting.
You haven't quite endeared yourself to me in the past to the degree that i would feel obligated to acquiesce your request. Keep on waiting.
Alas.

Regardless of Bessie's praise of me, quoted above, proving my worth - you would rather add no value to the discussion.

Why would you do this? Is your objective to play anti Swiss, instead of pro town?
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

heuristically_alone wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:13 pm
Swiss wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:03 pm 6. heury
You spelled my name at least once, so ok. Well I bought a new bike last night and just finished my hour 7 minute bike ride to work. Not too much snow on the ground, just a little ice spots in the shade here and there. I brought leftover Chinese food for lunch, sesame chicken, rice and noodles. Last week I completed getting 3 stars on all 200 cc cups in Mario Kart and even won a couple races online.

I know I remember your name, but not much about you. Can I trust your reads today?
skipping the first paragraph.

You can indeed, hop aboard the SwissTrain. I look forward to buddying up to you.

p.s. what perks would you pick as scum? impress me
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Swiss wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:24 pm Why would you do this? Is your objective to play anti Swiss, instead of pro town?
Just because you're egotistic does not mean that the world revolves around you.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Swiss wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:03 pm

2. Wam
Apparently I played a game in 2021 with you (I have no memory of this). I thought you were a new player, but you weren't. Who do you know here, as above list your ideal scum buddies - but list the mafia perks you want to give.
I have vague memories of thay game. Not a new player been playing on and off since 2011.

I have played lots with

Boomfrog - I think he was in my first ever game.
Bessie - I think I was in her first game.
Sabrar - we have butted heads a lot hence the votes.
Moody

Quite a bit with
Mak
Seven
Huery
1 or 2 games with
Swiss
Fonti

No games I remember with
Fred
JC

My perk list in order

Town
Godfather
Day Rolecop
2-shot Roleblocker
Vengeful Mafiate
1-shot Janitor
Scum
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Brilliant Wam.
Who are your ideal scum buddies?

Sabrar brings negative energy. Let's just lynch D1. It's me or him, after all.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Swiss wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:55 pm Brilliant Wam.
Who are your ideal scum buddies?

Sabrar brings negative energy. Let's just lynch D1. It's me or him, after all.
Top 3 would be boom font and sabrar.

I have seen boom.get away with ridiculous things. Font is a very good player from mu memories and sbrar as it would be fun.

I would chose you for the elim as better the devil you know.