HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
LaserGuy

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by LaserGuy »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:03 pm System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:31 pm Adum's response is mafia-indicative. Given Adum's personality-meta, Town Adum would have found me overwhelmingly suspicious. Instead, his response implies (proclaims) that he does not have a bearing on my alignment. Suggestion: Mafia Adum knows I am town, and so while he read my post consistent with his personality-townMeta, the knowledge of my alignment neutralized the overwhelming suspicion, leaving him simply aghast.

If I did not want to contribute to the countdown that doesn't exist, I would vote here.
Either you're trying to bait out an OMGUS or you think I can't tell the difference between anti-town and scummy play. I'm honestly kind of insulted if it's the latter, after all I played in Megaman X Mafia, I know how anti-town town players can be.

Former could be done by either town or scum, in the former you're seeing if I scumslip, if the latter you're trying to needle me into getting mad or a scumslip.

Which was your intent, do you think so little of me or were you seeing a chance to test if I scumslipped? I obviously don't expect to admit it was s scum Gambit, but your admission of intent will be useful in understanding your thought process.

Both these posts are NAI, if you're abandoning posting 95% fluff, that's a good thing though.

");
I think the indignation here feels kinda townie. How much have you and Seven played before?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

EGW wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:32 pm
LaserGuy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:14 pmI like this vote. Vote: EGW
Why? What are your scumreads?
You dropped a naked vote and peaced out until now. There may be IRL reasons for that, but I generally expect more from you, so you are currently at a slight scumlean. I have scum lean on bessie for nonspecific vibe reasons. Nobody else has given me scum pings as of yet.
LaserGuy doesn't seem to be his confident self here, and I don't really see him doing much else. I also believe he gives soul reads too early, especially to Heury. LaserGuy seems more reserved here. Neutral scum.
I've been intentionally trying to move to a less confrontational style of play, at least early going.
I have noted that Bessie has not given a Grr-Woof list while Zen has in her place. Good move on his part, I think that helps things get going. Yet at the same time, I wonder why Bessie didn't initiate with her schtick while she is telling Moody to stop emulating her playstyle. Slight-Scum for now. I think stating all the confirmation posts are acceptable while Zen being able to discern some suspicion from them shows she may be biased due to being informed, and is reactive. I note that she has opinions on Boom-Mak but is reserving that.
In fairness to bessie, I wouldn't expect this until close to EoD1. Or on the weekend, whichever comes first.

Though actually, now that you mention this, I do find it a little weird that moody hasn't done a ninja reads list yet as he's usually the first out of the gate with one.
EGW

Post by EGW »

I have given my reason why I naked voted Gluelock in the reads post. I have been trying to post less myself, to try to get more accurate reads, note the last game that just finished. Bessie has given an early list around confirmation posts in the previous two games and those are recent, so my point still stands. I do agree that it's odd that Moody hasn't really given much points except to Bessie, and it was exceedingly generous. (Which is why I asked him about it)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

bessie wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:04 am
Gluelock wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:52 am Hello everyone!
Hi Gluelock and welcome to the xkcd mafia group, we are very happy to have you here! What is your mafia experience? Like, do you have a lot of experience or are you a relative newbie?
Greetings.
Observation: That is an endearing canine unit. Input: I self-identify as a recently initialized entity in the realm of mafia operations.
Credit for initiation: My Brother-in-Law, designated as J (Prince J), introduced me to this activity earlier in this temporal cycle.
Estimation: I have participated in approximately n=5 iterations of this game to date.
EGW wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:50 pm
Gluelock wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:47 pmNo, we probably haven't played together. I'm pretty new to mafia and have only played on the mafia universe forum until now. I've just sorta been lurking and adjusting to the game play style here as well as the UI lol
Why have you been lurking? How many games of mafia have you played on MU? Any thoughts on the game right now?
Current information update: A game is currently operational on MU, and it involves two participants originating from an alternate digital location.

Noteworthy observation: Their methodology for deconstructing the game appears significantly distinct, leading to immediate suspicion of being classified as "wolves" within the game's framework. To proactively avoid a similar outcome, I have allowed the discussion thread to expand organically to assimilate the prevailing culture of this particular digital habitat before engaging actively.

Status update on game thoughts: Processing game dynamics and participant interactions; data analysis ongoing. Further insights forthcoming.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

EGW wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:44 pm I have given my reason why I naked voted Gluelock in the reads post.
I noted it, but at the time of my vote you hadn't posted anything.

I have been trying to post less myself, to try to get more accurate reads, note the last game that just finished. Bessie has given an early list around confirmation posts in the previous two games and those are recent, so my point still stands. I do agree that it's odd that Moody hasn't really given much points except to Bessie, and it was exceedingly generous. (Which is why I asked him about it)
[/quote]
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:02 am Seven is me +1
LG's soul read is bold +1
Moody gave too many points -1 (What if you ran out of points?!?)
Gluelock Casual hello +1i
+1i == i == i^1 == i^(0+1) == i^0 i^1 == 1i == i

Confirmed: Mathematical verification indicates that Boomfrog is not a dissenter.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Oops, wow, I am failing all over the place this game. EBWOP
EGW wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:44 pmI have given my reason why I naked voted Gluelock in the reads post.
I noted it, but at the time of my vote you hadn't posted anything.
I have been trying to post less myself, to try to get more accurate reads, note the last game that just finished.
I have noted that last game. One reason why I'm happy with my vote on you TBH.
Bessie has given an early list around confirmation posts in the previous two games and those are recent, so my point still stands. I do agree that it's odd that Moody hasn't really given much points except to Bessie, and it was exceedingly generous. (Which is why I asked him about it)
Just skimming back through Sorc mafia, bessie posted her first Woof-Grr list on Tuesday; the game started the previous Thursday. She did post a bunch of scattered reads prior (not related to confirmation posts, she hasn't actually really been doing that in awhile), but not a full list.
EGW

Post by EGW »

LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:56 pmI have noted that last game. One reason why I'm happy with my vote on you TBH.
Please elaborate on that. Also, what is your impression of Gluelock. On Bessie, I will amend my reasoning. I remember her doing so early in Millerizer mafia and that is not too far back in time.
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

Activating colloquial human language camouflage in ...3......2......1... So about the game, the Mak/Boomfrog debate is the first thing to stand out to me. Because its centered around flavor I can't find the content really alignment indicative. But Mak seems to have issues letting it go, and that comes across a little strange.

EGW's reasoning for voting for me along with their scum lean towards me seems genuine and not something a mafia would necessarily fake. (Sure its fakeable but I'm not getting that vibe here)

I've played with Seven and JC before so I'm hoping I can get a good read on them soon.

Also making reads off the confirmation posts is an interesting concept I haven't been exposed to before, so I won't make any inferences from that, at least for now.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:08 pm I was specifically interested in why moody thought that skimming flavour was wolfy, not why flavour in particular is useful or not useful.

Btw, just as a site meta note, it's generally considered poor form here to answer a question addressed at someone else, at least until that player has had a chance to answer first. There may be something specific they want to get out of that person in particular, and answering on their behalf might contaminate the read. I know you were just trying to be helpful here, but just something to keep in mind.
I read that as a rhetorical question to support your overall disagreement that you hoped moody would respond to rather than a question intended for a direct response, so figured I could throw in my two cents. Which I wanted to do because I wanted an excuse to talk to you and figure out where your head was at.

Mea culpa then, that's true on smashboards too and I raked droop over the coals for it in sorc. My apologies on misunderstanding.
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:11 pm I think the indignation here feels kinda townie. How much have you and Seven played before?
Me and seven/xivii have been part of the same smashboards Mafia community for a VERY long. I'm not positive we've actually been players in a game together because I think they were more into modding during my tenure. They also modded my last game here. So it would be unidirectional, I'm not expecting them to be fully aware of my nuances, but knowing that I am bullish on my reads and that while they might disagree with my reasons, know that I'm at least sophisticated enough of a player to not assume everyone playing anti-town is scum.

Speaking of sophistication as a player, I wanted to talk to you because I wanted to know how sophisticated a player you were, and especially with the recent posts the more I material I have to read on you, the more sophisticated of a player you seem.

Which makes me uncomfortable with you initially thinking Mak was talking about the wincon when it was flavor.

So I have further questions.

In this post:
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:39 am No, I know that Mak often grumps about how much he despises survivors as a role (including but definitely not limited to pregame). I think it's somewhat more likely that Mak would read the survivor flavour and connect it to the Town wincon if they were in fact Town.
At the time of this post, what exactly did you think Mak was doing in his initial post about pseudo survivor win on? In as much detail as possible.

What do you think of Mak overall, beyond that position? And what do you think of boomfrog?

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
boomfrog wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:50 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:29 am Thoughts on the others who were picking at the convo, moody and laser?
Observation collapses quantum states. The experiment must run it's course.
Then circle back to this after what you're trying to do is finished or can't be completed for whatever reason. Please don't keep me waiting too long though

");
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Apologies, I couldn't dedicate enough processing time to this today due to unforeseen distractions and it is getting late, I'll have to do some mad catchups tomorrow
Rose's boytoy.

Post by madge »

Processes were interrogated, and the gatekeepers were blissfully unaware as what they saw in the chat log was only banal "arguments" about the nature of happiness...

Votals:

Adum - 2 - Moody, Boomfrog
EGW - 2 - Makhaira, LaserGuy
Bessie - 2 - Adum, EGW

As EGW reached 2 votes first, under tiebreaker rules they will be voted out if votes do not change before the deadline.

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:38 pm Suggested User Replacement: Trisscar

Messaged on Discord, thank you for the tip!

Noted that Fredd is seeking replacement. So far no luck.

Deadline is in approximately 4 days
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
EGW wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:36 pm I have noted that Bessie has not given a Grr-Woof list while Zen has in her place. Good move on his part, I think that helps things get going. Yet at the same time, I wonder why Bessie didn't initiate with her schtick while she is telling Moody to stop emulating her playstyle. Slight-Scum for now. I think stating all the confirmation posts are acceptable while Zen being able to discern some suspicion from them shows she may be biased due to being informed, and is reactive. I note that she has opinions on Boom-Mak but is reserving that.

I voted Gluelock because his post seemed to be an odd thumb sticking out compared to the rest of the posts driving content. I barely had anything, but I wanted to see how Gluelock would react and I got nothing. This does not look good for him, as I would think mafia would want to keep a distance when under perceived threat. Neutral scum.

LaserGuy doesn't seem to be his confident self here, and I don't really see him doing much else. I also believe he gives soul reads too early, especially to Heury. LaserGuy seems more reserved here. Neutral scum.

My stance on Heury is neutral, but I have noted that he came in strong at the first page, while remembering that in his previous town game, it was much more dialed back compared to his mafia game where he was trying harder. I do like his post being surprised by Boom only having an analysis on Mak, which I find to be that of town discovery. So I'll be neutral-town leaning on him at the moment.

I like Boomfrog's point that Moody gave too much benefit to Bessie. I disagree with his Gluelock point. It would make more sense if Gluelock were actually posting while being casual beyond that one post. I see him pushing Adum seriously, and him arguing with Mak, is town leaning. I am however, skimming the argument because it makes my brain turn to mush with the confusing jargon. I only care about the content related to the players and not the flavor. Lean town.

Zen is Boom light at the moment. I see that he is doing less, but is still essentially scumhunting, and I liked his initative in his first post. So slight town.
Wait, who the hell is Zen in this playerlist? Referring to the same Zen from smashboards right?

");
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

EGW wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:21 pm
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:56 pmI have noted that last game. One reason why I'm happy with my vote on you TBH.
Please elaborate on that. Also, what is your impression of Gluelock. On Bessie, I will amend my reasoning. I remember her doing so early in Millerizer mafia and that is not too far back in time.
I'd rather have a little more time to evaluate your play before I explain what I'm looking at in detail. If it's important later, I will elaborate.

Gluelock is null. I don't think that a player being new to a well-established forum being cautious about how they engage is necessarily AI, and until their last post, none of their contributions are particularly substantial.

I checked and you are right about bessie on Millerizer, so your critique isn't entirely invalid.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:48 pm Wait, who the hell is Zen in this playerlist? Referring to the same Zen from smashboards right?

");
Zen = Seven
Makhaira = FrozenFlame
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

And EGW = Ranmaru
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:31 pm Adum's response is mafia-indicative. Given Adum's personality-meta, Town Adum would have found me overwhelmingly suspicious. Instead, his response implies (proclaims) that he does not have a bearing on my alignment. Suggestion: Mafia Adum knows I am town, and so while he read my post consistent with his personality-townMeta, the knowledge of my alignment neutralized the overwhelming suspicion, leaving him simply aghast.

If I did not want to contribute to the countdown that doesn't exist, I would vote here.
Either you're trying to bait out an OMGUS or you think I can't tell the difference between anti-town and scummy play. I'm honestly kind of insulted if it's the latter, after all I played in Megaman X Mafia, I know how anti-town town players can be.

Former could be done by either town or scum, in the former you're seeing if I scumslip, if the latter you're trying to needle me into getting mad or a scumslip.

Which was your intent, do you think so little of me or were you seeing a chance to test if I scumslipped? I obviously don't expect to admit it was s scum Gambit, but your admission of intent will be useful in understanding your thought process.

Both these posts are NAI, if you're abandoning posting 95% fluff, that's a good thing though.

");
Wait. If you didn't know who Seven was, how on Earth were you able to interpret this correctly?
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:52 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:48 pm Wait, who the hell is Zen in this playerlist? Referring to the same Zen from smashboards right?

");
Zen = Seven
Makhaira = FrozenFlame
Well holy fuck that throws my analysis out the window.

LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:54 pm

");
Wait. If you didn't know who Seven was, how on Earth were you able to interpret this correctly?
Cause I was wrong and thought seven was xivii.

New analysis, Zen is salty about a past game.

");
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Seven is Xivii and is also Zen.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

my break just ended at work so I can't be more detailed, but yes I could ABSOLUTELY believe Zen would assume that I don't know the difference between anti-town and scum.

And yes Zen, I know it was you in that game.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:01 pm Seven is Xivii and is also Zen.
Huh, I never knew that.

Meta from actually playing with somebody>what I'd expect them to know from modding and participating in the community. So I'll go with my read based on interacting with the "Zen" persona.

");
EGW

Post by EGW »

LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:51 pmI'd rather have a little more time to evaluate your play before I explain what I'm looking at in detail. If it's important later, I will elaborate.
I am finding this intriguing. I find it odd you are happy when seeing my play there compared to here, knowing what I did there exactly, it's why I asked you. I also find it odd that you are ignoring Gluelock's self-admitted lurking, and I personally find it a tad annoying you are hand waving that away. I think it's fair to say I wanted to give the thread some time to breathe, while I try to use my vote for reaction. I've also noted that Gluelock has responded to you in a natural tone but took a while to respond to my question and deciding to take on the computer persona. Feels like he is trying to hide behind that gimmick, and also just debunks Boom's casual point as well. He's being stiff.
EGW

Post by EGW »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:11 pmHuh, I never knew that.
There is an explanation for that, but I want to know why you thought Seven was Xivii specifically first.
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:25 pm Apologies, I couldn't dedicate enough processing time to this today due to unforeseen distractions and it is getting late, I'll have to do some mad catchups tomorrow
Alright, I hope to see some content when you are able. I'm confident I can read you well here if so.