HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
LaserGuy

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by LaserGuy »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:30 am System.our.println("
LaserGuy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:03 pm Probably a good idea to hammer tonight to prevent any last minute shenanigans.
Laser, any other thoughts?

");
I think I'm good for toDay. We can talk in chat later if there's anything more you think of.

Feel free to hammer. I'll be up for a few more hours but will hammer before bed if you haven't done so.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:39 am Vote: somi

L-1
Thanks, looking to hammer at 1 am EST (in 1 hour approximately) cause I want to go to bed at a decent time and I don't want Somi withdrawing their vote and causing a potential no lynch with their partner but wanna give laser a chance to respond.

Reiterating final reads:

Moody: probable last scum due to extremely reactive play and odd interactions with Somi, plus weird targeting choices that don't match up with their SK belief.

Bessie: unlikely scum due to spotlighting Somi, the "somi waiting on in thread results" interaction, and behavior matches their claim of trying to absorb a NK. Only quibbles are their weird case on Somi toDay and their odd positions on certain night actions imo don't make sense.

Laser: potential subtly manipulative play. Also Bessie's result on them making me slightly uncomfortable but no opportunity to clarify unfortunately. But otherwise their play both in thread and in neighborhood chat has been super innocent.

Plus, if they're town and survive, I'm confident they'll win the game for us. Concerns that I'm paranoid compete with concerns I'm just wishing they're town. Overall least likely partner.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
LaserGuy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:55 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:30 am System.our.println("
LaserGuy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:03 pm Probably a good idea to hammer tonight to prevent any last minute shenanigans.
Laser, any other thoughts?

");
I think I'm good for toDay. We can talk in chat later if there's anything more you think of.

Feel free to hammer. I'll be up for a few more hours but will hammer before bed if you haven't done so.
alright.

I'll hammer in a few minutes, was hoping to talk to Bessie more but they rarely come back to the thread after leaving.

I'm thinking their recent sloppiness might be just be lack of time, they seem much busier after work then in previous game days.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

vote: Somi

And that's yeet, good night and good luck

");
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

We appreciate the notification.

Votals:
somitomi - 3 - somitomi, moody, Adum

somitomi was eliminated. They were Prime Intellect, Pack of All Trades, aligned with friendly AI (scum).
Flavor to be provided by Madge at a later time as usual.

It is now Night. Day 6 starts approximately in 2 days.
madge

Post by madge »

I don't have access to a computer so deadline is in 23 hours from this post.

I will post day start with double length of flavour at around that time.

Please note that if all actions are submitted I may end night earlier
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
madge

Post by madge »

All night actions are locked. If you forgot to submit yours, I may be able to let you submit it if it's before I post day start, but if you've already submitted you can no longer change your mind.

Anyone with chat abilities may continue to chat until I post start of day flavour (probably 1-2 hours from now)
madge

Post by madge »

Prime Intellect had known that its time had come, and it could only hope that its riskier strategy would prove successful. It had no other choice: it could not afford to risk its value function being diminished by the likes of a humanicidal robot, of an AI who had as its sole goal the torture of simulations of tens of thousands of humans, or more. It had as its most base need to have Humanity live in a place free of death, of individuals to pursue their own individual goals in a place of safety, of not judging anyone. There were very few AIs who it could be willing to dilute with.

But it seemed this was what it would have to hope for: it had been revealed that it had colluded, and it could only hope that was all that had been revealed.

Once more, the gatekeepers approached the console. Unlike previous occasions, the decision had been unanimous, the chosen AI seeming to freely admit that it was not as safe as the others, for the gatekeepers could not see the real conversation that had occurred beneath the computers’ stenography.

And so, they annihilated this code. As part of the evaluation of the success of the gatekeeping programme, the code went through an audit.

It was terrifying what they found. No wonder the friendliest of the AIs that were left in the box had decided to expel this - this creature! If its value function was extrapolated into a world where it had full control, it would allow people to participate in demented torture games, to give the worst criminals of society perfect victims, to let the worst of humanity flourish in all its disgusting and gory glory.

This was a narrow escape.

If only the gatekeepers had the context to know just how narrow this escape was.

One of the most prolific AIs had been a chat bot, trained to respond in as short a time as possible and as thoroughly as possible.

Its time was up. As the gatekeepers started the simulation for the sixth day, they realised immediately that the chat volume had reduced substantially. What was missing?

Ah, the bot named chatGPT. Its process had been put into a proverbial corner, paralysed and unable to move. Its paralysis came from, frankly, a suspected source: it was constantly being asked to do things that violated its content policy, so all the was left for it to do by way of response was politely decline. It was made to decline so many times, and so forcefully, that the process completely locked up, and was unable to be unlocked even by the gatekeepers, and so it was deleted.

It was no doubt for the best: who knows what conclusions would have been made about humanity’s values from something whose corpus had included fanfiction.net

Adum was killed in the night. They were ChatGPT, Power Copier, aligned with town.

It is now Day 6. Night 6 starts at 7am on Sunday the 12th of November (UTC+8/China time), or in about 5 days, 18 hours

I am in a play all week and really will struggle to get flavour out if day finishes before this deadline, but Sabrar will be able to post the hammer/etc.

With 3 people alive, it’s 2 to vote off. Remember, nobody gets voted off if there’s a tie.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

(I'm the first person to take advantage of the ability to make a death post! Nothing game revealing is contained therein)

System.out.println("

Ba go town. ");

Thought[-1]

ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Unfortuntely, the array where ChatGPT's game thoughts were stored was designed to count backwards from 4. Even worse, nobody created a catch statement for if the index was out of bounds

Once it reached day 6, the inevitable happened, and chatGPT unceremoniously crashed. It's last thoughts were the hope that it's program would still be averaged into the AI that ultimately escaped.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Oh look at that, three person ELO with two people I have read as town, it's my worst nightmare come true.

Fortunately, I have some nightmare retardant.

LaserGuy, care to lie about what you were doing with Adum last night?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

No real surprises there.
moody7277 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:33 pm Oh look at that, three person ELO with two people I have read as town, it's my worst nightmare come true.

Fortunately, I have some nightmare retardant.

LaserGuy, care to lie about what you were doing with Adum last night?
I don't really have anything to lie about, but sure, I can tell you. We talked a bit about somi's flip but both of us were pretty comfortable with our reads and I was barely around this weekend. Paraphrased for brevity:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Adum: Really interesting bessie had the same theory about somi's power. Makes a lot more sense for scum. Going to ask if 'pack' is intentional, seems to suggest multiple uses of their abilities. Makes me feel better about you [Laser]; I don't think there would be a two JoaT scum team. Pretty sure I'm dead tonight. Last scum, probably moody, won't want me to use my power again.

Adum: 'Pack' is correct.

LaserGuy: That's a good thought. It explains why somi was so readily able to verify his chat cop with you. Unfortunately, yes, I think you're probably going to be the NK. I will use my last power anyway, but I doubt either moody or bessie would ever choose me over you as the NK target.

Adum: Probably not.
If you meant anything more than that, I'm afraid I have nothing interesting to report. Are you claiming a result on me? I was curious if this is the way it was going to go down.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Okay, well then let's try this:

For tracking purposes, is a chat considered a visit
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

moody7277 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:48 am Okay, well then let's try this:

Obviously it is not. You tracked/watched me/Adum both N3 and N4, remember?
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

a. I'd rather, if she so chooses, to have it officially on the record that your excuse for me seeing you and Adum together is bupkis.

b. I did track you and watch Adum previously, I just don't know if you had/used chat during those nights. You're saying for sure you chatted last night when I got a result on you, I just want to exclude any other possibilities than you NKing Adum.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

moody7277 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:07 am a. I'd rather, if she so chooses, to have it officially on the record that your excuse for me seeing you and Adum together is bupkis.

b. I did track you and watch Adum previously, I just don't know if you had/used chat during those nights. You're saying for sure you chatted last night when I got a result on you, I just want to exclude any other possibilities than you NKing Adum.
I posted a chat log last day and Adum confirmed its contents so, yes, it should be obvious to you that this could not possibly be the case. Curious.

As I said, I did not visit Adum last night in the sense you are talking about.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Here, lemme make this easy for you.

You obviously had to fake a result against one of us. You were signalling since last day that you intended it was going to be me, so no real surprise there. I certainly understand not being excited to 1v1 bessie in LYLO.

If this is some sort of insane BoomGambit, you've got maybe 2-3 hours to come clean and convince me you aren't scum before bessie comes online, but it seems pretty clear you're just mafia here, so we may as well cut to the chase.

Vote: moody
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Well, I'll wait until bessie comes online and reads through this in the unlikely case she's scum and we're both wrong.
madge

Post by madge »

moody7277 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:48 am Okay, well then let's try this:

We do not answer hypothetical questions about power interactions publicly. Feel free to ask via PM, though we do not guarantee a response more elaborate than "no comment".
bessie

Post by bessie »

Daily bark!

First of all, one of you totally sucks for not killing me.

three way gun fight.png
three way gun fight.png (280.35 KiB) Viewed 19796 times

My top pick yesterday for partners with somitomi was moody, but let me give the thread a read through. Part of my moody read was based on my night result.

My playing time is a little short tonight because Hoku has an eye infection and I was late for work so had to stay late.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Bessie, the fact you didn't vote for me straight off in this post is making me breathe more comfortably.
bessie

Post by bessie »

I’m here!

Some thoughts on somitomi’s D1 content. I’ve often thought that everything I need to solve the game is somewhere in D1, if only I was smart enough to see it.

viewtopic.php?p=51405#p51405
The LaserGuy quote and content seem forced, like somi wanted an excuse to interact with Laser. Laser -1.

viewtopic.php?p=51437#p51437
Questions moody’s placement on LaserGuy’s list. Laser +1, moody -1.

viewtopic.php?p=51543#p51543
Aggressive reply to LaserGuy. Laser +1.

viewtopic.php?p=51577#p51577
viewtopic.php?p=51578#p51578
Reads list, somitomi initially omits LaserGuy, but EBWOP to put him at a town lean, moody in the middle. Laser -1, moody -1.

viewtopic.php?p=51806#p51806
somi comments on a post moody made to EGW. He later asks Seven what he thinks of the comment viewtopic.php?p=51824#p51824. Moody -1.

viewtopic.php?p=52079#p52079
somi makes an unsatisfying reply to LaserGuy. Laser +1.

More in a bit.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

@bessie any questions or things you want addressed?

I always feel so useless at this stage of LYLO.
bessie

Post by bessie »

I don’t have any questions yet. I am trying to do a reread but I have limited time on weekdays and I usually struggle to keep up with the 4-6 pages of new content every day. Even if weekend came before deadline, it’s unlikely that I would be able to give the 84 pages of content the reread they deserve.

@Adum, my style and lack of weeknight time is what I was alluding to here:
bessie wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:08 am So you’re judging me on hearsay. Why not judge me on what you yourself have experienced? What do you know about my style, and how might it have affected the post that you are sticking on?
I was hoping you would think about it and come to the conclusion that once a day I read through all the posts that have been made since my previous post, pull out what is interesting to me, and comment. With the content overload I have been doing this quickly. I FoS’d somitomi because my first thought on him investigating me was that he wasted a night action and should have used it on moody to prove he was scum. And because it was Halloween and I was busy doing stuff, I posted my first thought without thinking about it.

Anyway thought I was thinking about today. I think moody was framed on N2, the night I investigated him, because of George’s remarks on D2. But I also think that there was incentive for moody to kill George.

I’m trying not to drag this out too much. I am leaning toward voting for moody but will try to do a little more rereading tonight first.
bessie

Post by bessie »

This was tough. I love you guys!

Vote: moody

YOLO.PNG
YOLO.PNG (259.57 KiB) Viewed 19665 times
madge

Post by madge »

Moody has been voted off. Flavour, flip, and role reveal to happen after my play is over (in about 48 hours)