Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Game Over

What you're all really here for.
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Re: Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Game Over

Post by Freddino18 »

I am MONSTER TRUCK
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

To be honest, this wasn't a very satisfying game to play as scum. I didn't get the opportunity to hunt for the sorcerer, and I believe the total number of DM's between me and Maven was under 10. I was trying really hard to push for J D2, but after Maven died it became abundantly clear that I did not have a chance.

Aside from all that, this game was still fun and engaging. Trying to dig out of a hole without letting on that I'm in one was super interesting and I think I only missed one night where I could have logged on but didn't.
Diana's boytoy.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Makhaira wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:06 am ggs everyone, fun game! Setup def feels a little too town favored but all things considered I think that was just exaggerated by sorc getting elim'd right away

glad my instincts weren't off on fred lol

EGW was fun taking your hand to the promised land, good stuff town tapping it in, looking forward to the next one!
I believe you said something about the setup being low powered enough that the early claiming was worth it, whereas two days later town had enough power to literally lock the game and the only thing that could've stopped it was scum finding the hunter. P

Thank you for trusting me on Maven though. Did I make up for being cringe D1? Lol
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

madge wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:07 am yeah bessie in a previous draft of my post i was like "OK BESSIE TELL ME WHAT TO DO" but then i realised that things were OK

and thank you adum for putting in the instructions for hunter of who to target, that was extremely useful and didn't require me to softclaim hunter to get info lol
No worries, as said before, you were effectively our angel of mercy and you were coming in confirmed town. Of course I wanted to make things easier for you!
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Good game town, you've nailed this.

Sorry Fred and Maven, I think sorcerer was just about the worst role for me to have, I absolutely suck at coded messages and breadcrumbs and I also lack the ability to survive D1. Which incidentally I'm a little salty about, because once again, I got flash wagoned right before deadline and it's getting a little frustrating. Every time I think I've done this enough times as either alignment to get madge immunity, it absolutely blows up on me...
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

Freddino18 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:48 am To be honest, this wasn't a very satisfying game to play as scum. I didn't get the opportunity to hunt for the sorcerer, and I believe the total number of DM's between me and Maven was under 10. I was trying really hard to push for J D2, but after Maven died it became abundantly clear that I did not have a chance.

Aside from all that, this game was still fun and engaging. Trying to dig out of a hole without letting on that I'm in one was super interesting and I think I only missed one night where I could have logged on but didn't.
Yeah you basically had no chance due to no fault of your own. It was really unfortunate.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Dooplissity wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:23 am
Yeah as I said out of the hundred+ times it's been run it trends 55/45. I'd be interested in how you can nudge it if you have thoughts. No N0 for the seer is possible but I like town having some starting info.
game probably doesnt need the martyr tbh? Its just a weaker doc and doc/cop together in any game with no roleblocker is kinda wack tbh. I get you were trying to make a small game that actually has some power roles tho, maybe like make the martyr a jailer who cant jail any given slot on back to back nights or make it a 1 shot/2 shot jailer? Can interact interestingly with hunter too that way. Maybe give the sorc a way to roleblock too as an optional alternative to seer seeking?
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:14 am
I believe you said something about the setup being low powered enough that the early claiming was worth it, whereas two days later town had enough power to literally lock the game and the only thing that could've stopped it was scum finding the hunter. P

Thank you for trusting me on Maven though. Did I make up for being cringe D1? Lol
basically what I meant was there was no single role that was so centralizing that even if they were forced to claim early it would be devastating to town chances, especially because of the cushion martyr provides. Like the setup is relatively mountainous all things considered compared to a typical closed setup

Town power was exaggerated in this game because town got the optimal elim D1 and lots of the scums ability to have night counterplay and mitigate the seer's reliability is thru the sorc, so yeah I dont think this game was the fairest representation of the overall power of the town PRs

And yeah you were never actually super cringe I was mostly just ribbing the people who werent on the somi wagon but yeah your slot was totally redeemed by the end lol
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Bessie I know you dislike claiming and presume you dislike follow the cop gameplay but I respect you deciding to play to wincon over these general principles even if it probably wasnt as subjectively fun/enjoyable as a player experience for you
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

Makhaira wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:23 am
Dooplissity wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:23 am
Yeah as I said out of the hundred+ times it's been run it trends 55/45. I'd be interested in how you can nudge it if you have thoughts. No N0 for the seer is possible but I like town having some starting info.
game probably doesnt need the martyr tbh? Its just a weaker doc and doc/cop together in any game with no roleblocker is kinda wack tbh. I get you were trying to make a small game that actually has some power roles tho, maybe like make the martyr a jailer who cant jail any given slot on back to back nights or make it a 1 shot/2 shot jailer? Can interact interestingly with hunter too that way. Maybe give the sorc a way to roleblock too as an optional alternative to seer seeking?

basically what I meant was there was no single role that was so centralizing that even if they were forced to claim early it would be devastating to town chances, especially because of the cushion martyr provides. Like the setup is relatively mountainous all things considered compared to a typical closed setup

Town power was exaggerated in this game because town got the optimal elim D1 and lots of the scums ability to have night counterplay and mitigate the seer's reliability is thru the sorc, so yeah I dont think this game was the fairest representation of the overall power of the town PRs

And yeah you were never actually super cringe I was mostly just ribbing the people who werent on the somi wagon but yeah your slot was totally redeemed by the end lol
Well, I wasn't trying to make anything - this setup ran probably a hundred times before I ever even saw it. But I am interested in making it better.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

It was less that I thought a single role would destroy town compared to the marginal utility of making a clearly noob slot claim without anything indicating them scum yet.

I do get your reasoning, and I think it would've had more utility if we settled on Freddie as a lynch target that day because he was being scummie but I don't see how development potentially from it would override risk in asking for a claim at that point.

Oh and we really owe the game to scum trying to wiform us into lynching Bessie for them, they should've killed em.

Also, why did you reveal you were the martyr, I saw it as a complete negative at that point.
Last edited by AdumbroDeus on Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Oh and Droop going back to the discussion we had. Sniping questions, unless you're the only experienced player in a game that's otherwise very inexperienced, is something I'd say should be used once every couple of games. Once obvious context matters, but once a *game* day is probably excessive.

It's relevant that both your snipes were on questions posed to scum slots.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

I claimed martyr because I didnt want bessie to waste an investigation on me and I figured I was dead anyway cuz scum were gonna NK bessie
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Makhaira wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:49 pm I claimed martyr because I didnt want bessie to waste an investigation on me and I figured I was dead anyway cuz scum were gonna NK bessie
Bessie already said they were investigating J before you claimed.

If you had died without the claim it would've made the next day easier cause we'd have been more confident in Bessie's claim. Since you claimed we didn't know if you were targeted or Bessie was.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Do you guys want to do another? I'm thinking Pick Your Poison.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

I'd be interested
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:13 pm

It was less that I thought a single role would destroy town compared to the marginal utility of making a clearly noob slot claim without anything indicating them scum yet.

I do get your reasoning, and I think it would've had more utility if we settled on Freddie as a lynch target that day because he was being scummie but I don't see how development potentially from it would override risk in asking for a claim at that point.

Oh and we really owe the game to scum trying to wiform us into lynching Bessie for them, they should've killed em.

Also, why did you reveal you were the martyr, I saw it as a complete negative at that point.
Well, I suggested killing EGW, and it was never rejected by Maven so it happened by default.
Diana's boytoy.
Maven89

Post by Maven89 »

Maven MVP
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

BRUH
Diana's boytoy.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Nah dude, I clearly carried the whole team for the entire game :P
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

the only way this could have gone worse is if one of us died and the other NK'ed you
Diana's boytoy.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Ok, yes, theoretically there was a way for us to lose faster :lol:
EGW

Post by EGW »

I still am going to do a shout out list I was too lazy.