Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Game Over

What you're all really here for.
Dooplissity

Re: Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Day 1*

Post by Dooplissity »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:51 pm
Dooplissity wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:41 am oh yeah now that it's pointless to hide it, I can illustrate that:
Dooplissity wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:43 pm 'Sup everyone. Excited & ready - this is my favorite setup and I'm so glad Seven decided to borrow it from when I ran it in 2020. Even though I haven't played in years I should hopefully have not lost my touch too much. Random* vote gogogo.

Vote: Fred

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
*randomness not guaranteed
I crumbed Seer *hard* Day 1 because I was a VT who wanted to eat a NK. Obviously that's not how the game played out, but here's my logic:

If any good non-Seer player picks up on it, it doesn't really matter, because they have no reason not to believe me.
If the Sorc picks up on it I eat an investigation.
If the Seer picks up on it they're unlikely to hardclaim and counter me.
If a Wolf picks up on it I eat an NK and it's great.
If nobody picks up on it, nothing is gained or lost.

So it seemed positive EV to me to go for it.
It was absolutely not pointless to hide it because our current loss possibility (if J isn't replaced) is scum catches out the hunter and the hunter has poor targeting.

Reducing their odds of hitting the hunter was the entire reason I suggested we kill Freddino because our of the 3 unconfirmed people, they're the only one that's claimed. >_>
I'm pretty much 100% positive you're town, and for game integrity we do need a J replacement if he doesn't show so I'm not worried about that.

I was obviously not the Hunter anyway because if I was I would have set my vengeful list already and declared we'd locked the game.
AdumbroDeus

Re: Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Day 1*

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Dooplissity wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:27 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:51 pm
Dooplissity wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:41 am oh yeah now that it's pointless to hide it, I can illustrate that:

I crumbed Seer *hard* Day 1 because I was a VT who wanted to eat a NK. Obviously that's not how the game played out, but here's my logic:

If any good non-Seer player picks up on it, it doesn't really matter, because they have no reason not to believe me.
If the Sorc picks up on it I eat an investigation.
If the Seer picks up on it they're unlikely to hardclaim and counter me.
If a Wolf picks up on it I eat an NK and it's great.
If nobody picks up on it, nothing is gained or lost.

So it seemed positive EV to me to go for it.
It was absolutely not pointless to hide it because our current loss possibility (if J isn't replaced) is scum catches out the hunter and the hunter has poor targeting.

Reducing their odds of hitting the hunter was the entire reason I suggested we kill Freddino because our of the 3 unconfirmed people, they're the only one that's claimed. >_>
I'm pretty much 100% positive you're town, and for game integrity we do need a J replacement if he doesn't show so I'm not worried about that.

I was obviously not the Hunter anyway because if I was I would have set my vengeful list already and declared we'd locked the game.
See, I wouldn't do that except in case of a mass-claim. I'd keep hiding I'm the hunter til I die or endgame.

In that case it's no loss to town, just a bit of extra work and the game is still locked, I'm just the only person who knows it until my kill comes up.

But that means that if I'm not the hunter scum can't eliminate me from the list, which means less a chance of them hitting the hunter.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Day 3

Post by Seven »

Madge replaces J.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
madge

Post by madge »

The only thing worse than having Madge replace in on page 17 and not intending to read much of anything is NOT having anyone replace in on page 17.

What's up?
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
madge

Post by madge »

Okay, I've read a little - I will tell you I'm not the seer. Hope that helps!
madge

Post by madge »

OK so Seven gave me a run-down of the game so far as follows:

Somi elimmed D1 - sorcerer
EGW N1 - vanilla
Maven D2 - werewolf
Mak N2 - martyr
Bessie has claimed seer with innocent results on doop, moody, and madge

LIVING PLAYERS & CLAIMS:
2. PJ (Madge) [innocent]
3. Adum
5. heury
6. bessie [Seer, uncc'd??]
8. Fred
10. moody [innocent]
11. Dooplisity [VT] [innocent]

So it looks like the living players include 1 seer, 1 hunter, 4 VT, and 1 WW. Are there any more VT claims I should add to my list?

DEAD PLAYERS:
1. EGW - VT
7. Mak - Matyr
4. somi - Sorcrer
9. Maven - WW

Seems we can all agree scum is in {adum, heury, fred}? How do people order these?

NOTE I AM REPLACING IN AFTER NOT KEEPING UP WITH THE THREAD SO IF I GOT ANYTHING WRONG IT IS NOT BECAUSE I AM SCUM IT IS BECAUSE I LITERALLY HAVEN"T READ BEFORE PAGE 16
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

madge wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:47 pm Okay, I've read a little - I will tell you I'm not the seer. Hope that helps!
Woooooooot!

That's literally all we needed thanks. Scum is now officially between Freddino, me, and heuristic. We're killing Freddino today cause Freddino already claimed VT and can't be the vig.

Ok we can finish the game, don't need to drag this out anymore.

Vote: Freddino

Hunter remember to target me and seer target heuristic.
madge

Post by madge »

oh right yes, based on the scum being in that set of 3 i see how that will hopefully solve the game barring shenanigans
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

To clarify madge, as long as the hunter targets the right people, we have 3 town aligned kills and only 3 possible scum to kill, so the game is solved.

The sorcerer is already dead so nobody can escape the seer.

And you're confirmed town so don't need to really worry about proving anything to us. With you here game is solved.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

madge wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:57 pm oh right yes, based on the scum being in that set of 3 i see how that will hopefully solve the game barring shenanigans
Only possible shenanigans now is if Bessie is fake and real seer deciding not to CC cause they could even given so many chances.

Which I think would fall under the anti-bastardry rules Bessie mentioned earlier.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Unofficial VC:

7 players so 4 to lynch

Freddino: 3, Adum(me), Droop, heuristic

Heuristic: 1, Freddino

Freddino is at l-1, can't think of a reason to prolong the day given the game is solved.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Okay then, let's hammer this thing.

Vote: Freddino
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Fred (4): doop, Huery, adum, moody

Fred has been eliminated. He was a Werewolf. Town wins!
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Re: Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Game Over

Post by EGW »

GOOD JOB TOWN! woo
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

That was quite somethin haha
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

That felt so unearned, thank you friends for allowing me to help
EGW

Post by EGW »

I was thinking Doop may have been scum with Bessie but actually Doop was the mvp for helping me switch from Bessie to Somi. I would have either way begrudingly. Apologies bessie, I misread your excitement and tone as forcing and emulation of your town game but I saw some of it (your town play from miller mafia) during day 2.
Last edited by EGW on Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

madge wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:50 am That felt so unearned, thank you friends for allowing me to help
You were literally the critical piece we needed to close out the game! Thanks so much for coming to our rescue!
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Thanks Madge for helping us finish this.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Thank you very much Madge.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Holy crap, literally a perfect game

I feel really bad for you fred, getting stuck with an inactive mate just sucks especially when you're not a well developed player.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

EGW wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:52 am I was thinking Doop may have been scum with Bessie but actually Doop was the mvp for helping me switch from Bessie to Somi. I would have either way begrudingly. Apologies bessie, I misread your excitement and tone as forcing and emulation of your town game but I saw some of it during day 2.
I kind of felt the same way tbh, I was super wary of Bessie.

Which reminds me, I remember somebody saying that I was townreading Bessie due to their reaction of the Freddino thing and compared them to Make, but I just thought their reaction was more townie. Forgot to address it though, not that it matters.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Oh and Mak, we need to have it out on claiming, cause if this is what you consider a low powered game I'm not sure what to tell you.

Cop with a n0 read too, even if it misses one of the scum, and a one shot doc is ridiculously powerful.
EGW

Re: Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Day 1

Post by EGW »

Dooplissity wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:59 pmbut it's hard for me to seperate out that from this site just being really passive about voting and scumhunting in general (plz fix this!)
Yes I agree, I do like the mechanic of needing to eliminate before deadline as it forces people to vote. I didn't notice Somi was suspicious until after seeing his vote on Mak. Knowing that he might not generate reads, at least I could garner a read from his vote. I think we need to try to encourage wagons in the early game. I feel like otherwise the game can be a bit slow without them or without a reason to force scum to choose a wagon over the other. Idk.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Oh ya, and my reads of Som's behavior was on point. Recognizing that they were probably trying to protect maven from an inactive lynch and that they were reaching for an excuse to push a heuristic lynch.

Obviously only the former mattered cause solved game, but still.

Also, picking out that Freddino could've only really been scum with maven or J was a damn good call.