Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Game Over

What you're all really here for.
moody7277

Re: Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Day 3

Post by moody7277 »

Wouldn't we be a little suspicious of that if she were to be alive D4?
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

I'll be confused, than very suspicious by D5, then dead by D6.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

moody7277 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:31 am Wouldn't we be a little suspicious of that if she were to be alive D4?
You know what, I'm stupid.

I was gonna say that the optimal play for scum if it's not Bessie is to leave Bessie alone too cause they can try to convince us to waste a lynch on them.

But if Bessie survived toNight, they have to claim another player out of me/Freddino/heuristic (whichever two don't get lynched toDay). As long as the hunter either doesn't get nk'd or doesn't have the same target as Bessie that's still GG cause that gives us 3 town controlled kills left and only 2 of myself, heuristic, and Freddino need to die and we kill Bessie if the game isn't over by then.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Ok, so that means that it's best to lynch freddino (because they claimed VT, so their death doesn't make hitting the hunter easier) and then have me investigated and keep the vig on Heuristic or vice versa.

If scum goes for NKing J (the only slot whose hunter kill we can't control if they're hunter got that) than Bessie is confirmed town so unless they targeted Bessie we shouldn't need the vig and can finish the game in two lynches.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

@bessie would you prefer investigating me or heuristic?
bessie

Post by bessie »

Daily bark-up!

Freddino18 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:26 am I'm going to be honest, nothing I say is going to convince y'all. Vanilla town is vanilla town, all I can really claim and be believed is that I am not the Hunter.
I still think your mindset is scummy. You don’t need to convince us of anything, and if you are town you don’t need to be alive to win. The purpose of the game is not to survive until endgame, unless it is your win condition, like a survivor. The fact that you didn’t grasp AdumbroDeus’s strategy in this post makes me think you were not looking at it from a townie point-of-view.
moody7277 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:54 am I am of the opinion that the vibes your feeling from Fred are newbish not scum, and there's that side-eye I promised against heury, so that would be who I'd put first in line of the un-cleared. Agree with Adum's assessment that town is in control at this point.
I don’t agree because in his first and only other game I know about he was overly focused on mechanics.

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:38 am I'm tempted to ask Madge to sub in. A spectator can tell them what their role is.
Why the hurry? And Seven should be home in a couple hours.

And I’m not getting counterclaimed by J.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

So, lynch order would be Fred, huery, Adum?
bessie

Post by bessie »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:02 am @bessie would you prefer investigating me or heuristic?
Doesn't matter. If one of you is mafia you need to kill me anyway or the game will be solved tomorrow. Oh wait, it should be solved anyway.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

moody7277 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:05 am So, lynch order would be Fred, huery, Adum?
Order should be:
Fred

Then:

If Bessie is nk'd

Order doesn't matter anymore, me and heuristic at town's discretion.

If Bessie isn't Nk'd:

2. Whichever of me and heuristic is found as a wolf/not cleared as not a wolf by Bessie's investigation (hunter should target Bessie on this day).

3. Bessie.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

bessie wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:05 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:02 am @bessie would you prefer investigating me or heuristic?
Doesn't matter. If one of you is mafia you need to kill me anyway or the game will be solved tomorrow. Oh wait, it should be solved anyway.
I'm saying to solve it without J's slot, we need to know which one you prefer so hunter can target the other.

You're right that it doesn't matter, but we do need to know which.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

I mean it doesn't matter which one you choose, but that we know your choice does matter.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

bessie wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:03 am And I’m not getting counterclaimed by J.
That sounded ominous lol
bessie

Post by bessie »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:14 am I mean it doesn't matter which one you choose, but that we know your choice does matter.
Moody can choose from my point-of-view he is totally confirmed town.
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:16 am
That sounded ominous lol
Statement of fact. It would be playing against his win condition which is not allowed.
Pre-post edit: Its not explicitly in the rules that you can't play against your win condition. It will be in the xkcd mafia general rules for non-bastard games when I get around to writing and posting them.
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

bessie wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:34 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:14 am I mean it doesn't matter which one you choose, but that we know your choice does matter.
That sounded ominous lol
Statement of fact. It would be playing against his win condition which is not allowed.
Pre-post edit: Its not explicitly in the rules that you can't play against your win condition. It will be in the xkcd mafia general rules for non-bastard games when I get around to writing and posting them.
wow I feel so unloved </3
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
/s
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Works for me, they're confirmed town either way because if you're scum you don't have a scumbuddy left.
moody7277 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:05 am So, lynch order would be Fred, huery, Adum?
Your call then, who do you want investigated toNight, me or Heuristic?

Again, the only thing that matters is we all know who it is.

That sounded ominous lol
I was joking cause obviously I don't have access to your role PM and what it sounded like to me was that J won't counterclaim cause they're "sleeping with the fishes".

I know that's not what you meant, but I thought it was funny.
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

My primary goal is always to survive.
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
heuristically_alone

Your primary goal should be to win.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Freddino18 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:16 am My primary goal is always to survive.
7a082c97e70bafe2b6f75af41445cedf.jpg
7a082c97e70bafe2b6f75af41445cedf.jpg (15.68 KiB) Viewed 14508 times
Your primary goal should be whatever benefits your wincon. Playing to survive is actively a net negative for town. If you're on a scumteam, taking a bullet for your teammate sometimes means victory for your team.

This is just a really bad mentality that only suits playing a survivor or a serial killer.
Dooplissity

Re: Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Day 1*

Post by Dooplissity »

oh yeah now that it's pointless to hide it, I can illustrate that:
Dooplissity wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:43 pm 'Sup everyone. Excited & ready - this is my favorite setup and I'm so glad Seven decided to borrow it from when I ran it in 2020. Even though I haven't played in years I should hopefully have not lost my touch too much. Random* vote gogogo.

Vote: Fred

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
*randomness not guaranteed
I crumbed Seer *hard* Day 1 because I was a VT who wanted to eat a NK. Obviously that's not how the game played out, but here's my logic:

If any good non-Seer player picks up on it, it doesn't really matter, because they have no reason not to believe me.
If the Sorc picks up on it I eat an investigation.
If the Seer picks up on it they're unlikely to hardclaim and counter me.
If a Wolf picks up on it I eat an NK and it's great.
If nobody picks up on it, nothing is gained or lost.

So it seemed positive EV to me to go for it.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

AdumbroDeus wrote:Your call then, who do you want investigated toNight, me or Heuristic?

Let's say heury then, the way your trying to lock down all the edge cases makes me feel more confident in you.
Freddino18 wrote: My primary goal is always to survive.
As I understand it, VT goal is to die in the most informative way possible.
AdumbroDeus

Re: Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Day 1*

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Dooplissity wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:41 am oh yeah now that it's pointless to hide it, I can illustrate that:
Dooplissity wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:43 pm 'Sup everyone. Excited & ready - this is my favorite setup and I'm so glad Seven decided to borrow it from when I ran it in 2020. Even though I haven't played in years I should hopefully have not lost my touch too much. Random* vote gogogo.

Vote: Fred

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
*randomness not guaranteed
I crumbed Seer *hard* Day 1 because I was a VT who wanted to eat a NK. Obviously that's not how the game played out, but here's my logic:

If any good non-Seer player picks up on it, it doesn't really matter, because they have no reason not to believe me.
If the Sorc picks up on it I eat an investigation.
If the Seer picks up on it they're unlikely to hardclaim and counter me.
If a Wolf picks up on it I eat an NK and it's great.
If nobody picks up on it, nothing is gained or lost.

So it seemed positive EV to me to go for it.
It was absolutely not pointless to hide it because our current loss possibility (if J isn't replaced) is scum catches out the hunter and the hunter has poor targeting.

Reducing their odds of hitting the hunter was the entire reason I suggested we kill Freddino because our of the 3 unconfirmed people, they're the only one that's claimed. >_>
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

moody7277 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:54 am
AdumbroDeus wrote:Your call then, who do you want investigated toNight, me or Heuristic?

Let's say heury then, the way your trying to lock down all the edge cases makes me feel more confident in you.
Freddino18 wrote: My primary goal is always to survive.
As I understand it, VT goal is to die in the most informative way possible.
Ok then.

If heuristic investigated not werewolf and the game isn't over, kill me and then kill Bessie.

Hunter should target me

Bessie, Moody has chosen heuristic to be investigated.
heuristically_alone

The really is no reason to kill Bessie unless we truly dont get a replacement/counter claim. Seven should provide a chance for that slot to claim before it becomes necessary. Did Bessie see the crumb and that's why she targeted doop?
----
he/him/they
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:04 pm The really is no reason to kill Bessie unless we truly dont get a replacement/counter claim. Seven should provide a chance for that slot to claim before it becomes necessary. Did Bessie see the crumb and that's why she targeted doop?
And what I'm planning for is if we don't get a replacement/CC.

I talked to seven and they contacted madge about a replacement but they hadn't responded at that point. So I'm not sure we're ever getting one unfortunately. (Anybody reading the thread that hasn't read the spoilers that wants in, *nudge nudge*)

Keep in mind from my perspective if Freddino doesn't flip scum and you investigate as town that means Bessie scum is the only possibility.
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:04 pm The really is no reason to kill Bessie unless we truly dont get a replacement/counter claim. Seven should provide a chance for that slot to claim before it becomes necessary. Did Bessie see the crumb and that's why she targeted doop?
Not possible. Her investigation was a N0, before I made the claim.