Secret Santa Game Thread

What you're all really here for.
osieorb18

Re: Secret Santa Game Thread

Post by osieorb18 »

bessie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:18 am Analyzing (or talking about) confirmation posts
FoS players for town claims and “would I do this as scum” posts
Post-by-post analysis
Behavioural analysis.
bessie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:18 amPassive aggressive questioning of others
Self meta-ing
Not analysis tools if you don't follow through.
bessie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:18 amAsk someone that hasn’t played in a while if they “missed me me me”
Open posts with “I’m here!”
Post pictures of my dog
Expressing my unrequited love for <3BoomFrog<3
Being sarcastic
Not mafia-related.

%%%
%%%

Here's a list of actual analysis methods, some of which are technical, some of which are behavioural.

osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

I have a hot take on the gamestate, but I'll wait 24 and a bit hours for at least Madge has posted some analysis first.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Wow, I speak English.

"I'll wait 24 and a bit hours for at least Madge 'to have had the chance to post' some analysis first.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:36 pm Do you want to know anything else boomfrog?
Not a fan of this post, boomfrog had only asked clarifying if they're a native speaker, and this tone to me sounds seeking to please. Boomfrog at this point was already looking pretty solid town.
the worst wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:54 am Madge is my first townread. I hate this timeline.
The fact that boomfrog was the most obv town at this point is a suspicious, though I do agree the previous Madge post (top of page 4) was pretty aligned with Madge!town.

the worst wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:01 pm
boomfrog wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:08 pm @The Worst: what is your current read on osie? He's generated a pretty decent chunk of content.
I'm not really sure. A pretty decent chunk of content is fair, but a lot of his content has been bein cute (just osie things) and then being frustrated by bessie. I think bessie's push feels more disingenuous than osie's reaction, and osie prefers town so at some level I'd call him slightly more likely to wall case someone on fuckin page 3 as town. But reading osie in a vacuum I'm not sure that "annoyed by bessie" qualifies as nuanced enough for me to feel confident.

Is there something particular about his content that strikes you as alignment indicative? / like I should have a read on him specifically?
The worst doesn't seem to realize that boomfrog already considered the "decent chunk of content" to mostly be a waste of time and seemed to be leaning on Osie as town already. Boomfrog hunting for info of the worst could be scum. The worst does seem intrigued by the callout but doesn't seem to quite notice the motivation behind the question, but this feels like a towny response. Doesnt feel like scum feeling pressured to give a response. Gives honest read on quality of osie's post along with some possible Osie meta and counter questions suspiciously with why this question was directed at them.

moody7277 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:25 am
bessie wrote:Whatever, but please read my comment immediately preceding this one regarding Osie’s buddying on Madge and think about if you agree.
This post is the one of yours closest preceeding the Oracle Boomfrog post, and the only thing I saw like what you're talking about was Osie saying Madge is a better player than him, which if my impression of how much experience they have together is the same as yours makes it seem a little hyperbole. Maybe he was impressed by how well she fooled people as scum last game?
Why do you refer boomfrog as Oracle Boomfrog?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:55 pm Bessie what is the difference for you between what Madge posted ("i am town this time, promise" - with a reversed smiley) and what Osie said "why the hell would I put it in the thread as a wolf?"
They are both scumtells and you only go after Osie.
Do you believe they are scumtells or are you calling them scumtells because Bessie believes they are scumtells?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

the worst wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:31 am ugh. maybe anyway. I'm just deliberating and realising boomfrog/moody are the only ones who seem to be processing and trying to solve.
If this is worst!scum, could moody be a teammate? I am slightly leaning town on moody though.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:49 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:29 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:17 pm I didn't notice anyone saying something about my read on Madge, if you think I am wrong i would like opinions
Madge is high in my PoE as of my team solve both individually and in terms of teams, but I'm not certain that she's the elim for D1; I'd rather solve in Moody/Bessie first, the former fitting on a lot of the most likely teams, and the latter being by far the most individually scummy player.
I am concerned that Moody is almost consensus scum read and no one defends him, also he isn't here to say anything.
Like everyone is ok with his chop and that seems odd
I did not interpret the events as such at all. But would emu make this post about a scum partner?

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:03 pm
boomfrog wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:01 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:49 pm
I am concerned that Moody is almost consensus scum read and no one defends him, also he isn't here to say anything.
Like everyone is ok with his chop and that seems odd
If he's scum he's probably got one buddy, also Moody's standard scum okay is to never drag down a teammate, so he'd advise his mate to not defend him and even bus early.

The fact that he's consensus scum but I've barely drummed up a single vote on him is very telling actually. If Bessie was scum and Moody town then Bessie and/or her partner would have found a reason to vote Moody by now.
That makes sense

Vote Moody
Don't like this
----
he/him/they
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:01 pm
moody7277 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:25 am
bessie wrote:Whatever, but please read my comment immediately preceding this one regarding Osie’s buddying on Madge and think about if you agree.
This post is the one of yours closest preceeding the Oracle Boomfrog post, and the only thing I saw like what you're talking about was Osie saying Madge is a better player than him, which if my impression of how much experience they have together is the same as yours makes it seem a little hyperbole. Maybe he was impressed by how well she fooled people as scum last game?
Why do you refer boomfrog as Oracle Boomfrog?
Derptell denied.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:14 pm
the worst wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:31 am ugh. maybe anyway. I'm just deliberating and realising boomfrog/moody are the only ones who seem to be processing and trying to solve.
If this is worst!scum, could moody be a teammate? I am slightly leaning town on moody though.
Moody was the Day 1 elimination.
heuristically_alone

Yes I am dumb. No wonder my brain kept reminding me he was town. This is what I get for making reading posts less than a half hour after waking up 😂
----
he/him/they
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

Heury you took your time to read day 1 but you missed the flip? I didn't quote yours questions but i answered below, i think in order

I asked Boomfrog if he wants something else because the info I am not english native is not really AI.

The scumtells post was related to what Bessie found as scumtells. I thought it is a difference in treating them and I wanted to know why.

I sheeped boomfrog, the problem is he was wrong.
If he were right would be my post still bad?

What's your conclusion about everyone Heury?
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Osie, i have no idea about Heury rn, I don't know how to take the derp, if it's real or fake.

I think tomorrow i can put my head on the game because today I had again a full work day.
the worst

Post by the worst »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:10 pm Vote Madge

If the most important thing you noticed is the dog vs cat choice and you didn't even noticed I choose cats, while you are not shocked for the town read I received from the worst who would gladly kill me D1, then I'm thinking your intention is not to solve this game.

There are also other reasons but I have to reread the day 1 for them.

@theworst why the change of heart?
When I reread our d1 convo it didn't seem as leading as it felt at the time. Like a big part of why we ended up arguing for so long was because I was trying to push your buttons and your reaction to that feels kinda sincere?; also I think scum!you probably has more effective plays than just antagonising me and I don't think I was quite on point d1.

& you noticed the thing about the bessie wagon that I noticed and I feel like there are people itt who are talking around it and hoping it picks back up.

Would be interested in madge/heury wagons today.
the worst

Post by the worst »

osieorb18 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:24 pm Image
Mm this is by no means comprehensive
I dont really have anything to add to the rest of your responss to you/bessie I'm just kinda waiting for something else to happen
the worst

Post by the worst »

vote: heury
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

the worst wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:45 pm Mm this is by no means comprehensive
Oh for sure.
the worst

Post by the worst »

is no1 around or is no1 seeing heury's perspective slip
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

the worst wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:42 am is no1 around or is no1 seeing heury's perspective slip
I am here by chance and I didn't notice the slip

Please explain
bessie

Post by bessie »

I'M HERE!!!!!!

madge wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:51 am They are cute and sit in your lap and purr! They play fun games like stalking feathers, and they have such fun personalities. They also don't have to be walked and are smol so they don't eat much.
Purring is their means of controlling your mind and sucking out your soul.

madge wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:51 am Also, may I additionally propose: bunnies
OMG did you read this VERY IMPORTANT article??

the worst wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:23 am Honestly being reborn as a cat is like, my ultimate dream. They're just such a vibe.
A mind controlling soul sucker?? Woof! :shock:

the worst wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:23 am I'm not really seeing your mindset in this post.

I don't really know how to ask questions to open your brain
If you ever figure out the puzzle that is Madge, please let us in on the secret. I’ve been trying for about eight years.

osieorb18 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:03 pm
bessie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:08 am Welp you don’t seem to be considering very hard, since once again, all your posts so far today are about me me me.
That's just not remotely true.
K. Point to ONE post that you made from the start of Day 2 to the time of my post that isn’t OOG information or somehow related to me me me. Or don’t. Because you can’t.

osieorb18 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:03 pm I mean, where's the technical analysis then? I don't fall back on technical analysis usually, even though I know how to do it, but sure. Show ANY form of analysis that looks at more than one player.
Again, just because you aren’t reading my posts in good faith doesn’t mean that what you’re asking for isn’t there.

osieorb18 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:24 pm
bessie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:18 am Analyzing (or talking about) confirmation posts
FoS players for town claims and “would I do this as scum” posts
Post-by-post analysis
Behavioural analysis.
bessie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:18 amPassive aggressive questioning of others
Self meta-ing
Not analysis tools if you don't follow through.
I didn’t say these were analysis tools. I said they were things that you are reading as scummy, but that I do as any alignment. And I posted links and examples.

osieorb18 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:24 pm
bessie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:18 amAsk someone that hasn’t played in a while if they “missed me me me”
Open posts with “I’m here!”
Post pictures of my dog
Expressing my unrequited love for <3BoomFrog<3
Being sarcastic
Not mafia-related.
Then why are you obsessing on these posts of mine, and why are you reading me as scum for doing these things? And don’t deny it, I have your own words I can quote. For the sake of everyone else in the game, I will pick ONE of the many available options.
osieorb18 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:12 am
bessie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:00 pm Hi <3 BoomFrog <3 have you missed me me me?
@bessie - This seems somewhat forced. Why specifically reach out to boomfrog here? You have at least moderate experience with several other players in the thread. Was madge's confirmation post so suspicious as to not be similarly enthusiastic to play with her? Do you have beef with moody or sniper? You hadn't said any such greeting to either of them, either. And it's not like boomfrog reached out to you in their posts, either. So this just seems rather out-of-nowhere.

osieorb18 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:24 pm Here's a list of actual analysis methods, some of which are technical, some of which are behavioural.
Not sure where you got this list, but I really don’t need you to tell me what you think is the “correct” way to play. Because you are not the end-all authority on mafia.

heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:01 pm Why do you refer boomfrog as Oracle Boomfrog?
I don’t think it had anything to do with guessing at BoomFrog’s role. I think it was referring to BoomFrog’s BoomFrogness in this post .

@Heury, I have a very important question. Are you a cat or dog person?

the worst wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:42 am is no1 around or is no1 seeing heury's perspective slip
I don’t see it but I usually don’t put a lot of weight on townslips or scum slips.

Back in a bit with some bessie ANALYSIS!!!!
the worst

Post by the worst »

Heury's posting talks about boomfrog like he knows he's flipped town but then forgets about moody being flipped town. Dont really care if it's sincere mistake or trying to trick us - we'll never know.

Someone who's subconsciously aware of who was the scum nightkill but not aware of who was the town elimination is much more likely to be someone who coordinated the scum nightkill.
the worst

Post by the worst »

I'm kinda lukewarm on slips as well but I think this one belies a pretty malicious mindset!
bessie

Post by bessie »

I almost never catch on to "slips" (which can be faked anyway). And I'm not sure if you heard this from somewhere, I don't do behavior-type reads. :o

However, I am considering your observation, and I see your meaning.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

the worst wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:31 am Heury's posting talks about boomfrog like he knows he's flipped town but then forgets about moody being flipped town. Dont really care if it's sincere mistake or trying to trick us - we'll never know.

Someone who's subconsciously aware of who was the scum nightkill but not aware of who was the town elimination is much more likely to be someone who coordinated the scum nightkill.
Fits in with my GSA.

Vote: Heury
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

the worst wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:31 am Heury's posting talks about boomfrog like he knows he's flipped town but then forgets about moody being flipped town. Dont really care if it's sincere mistake or trying to trick us - we'll never know.

You are so right here, that was not a derp.
Also he vanished and didn't answer at my question.

I would vote but I will check first how many we need for hammer

And good morning everyone!

Cats are not sucking our energy btw, they give us with their purr comfort and peace of mind.
Of course a dog can do this as well because its heart is so full of love for his human friends, but let give cats appreciaton for what they are.
the worst

Post by the worst »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:17 am Cats are not sucking our energy btw, they give us with their purr comfort and peace of mind.
Agreed :D nothing more recharging than snuggling a lil purring ball of fur.
Wam

Post by Wam »

1 day 8 hours to deadline link :

Votals

Bessie - 2 - madge, the snide sniper
Madge - 1 - , xX_wakemeup1337_Xx
Huery - 2 - the worst, Osieorb18

Not voting - 2
bessie, , Heury

With 7 alive it takes 4 for an elimination.

It's not letting me copy a link in on mobile will add a countdown deadline later.

Edit updated an error
Last edited by Wam on Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.