Secret Santa Game Thread

What you're all really here for.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Re: Secret Santa Game Thread

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

the worst wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:27 pm Osie softclaiming with all the softness of a bag of razors is the content I came here to see. <3

vote: madge
Wmu is also a great wagon choice.
You better have a good explanation for that
the worst

Post by the worst »

Everything I have ever said is a pocketing attempt. I also endorse wagons which are not on me.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:34 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:34 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:57 pm /Vote xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Let's pull you out of your shell!
:D ily too
After I hyped you up so much on NUF and then you were a lurky wolf...
A wolf have to do what a wolf have to do.

Don't take luggage from old games in the new ones, that's my advice :)
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

bessie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:36 pmMadge, I don’t like your confirmation post. You asked a question that was already discussed in the signup thread here . And you were part of that discussion.
This is worded as if you're considering this to be alignment relevant?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

the worst wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:37 pmI also endorse wagons which are on me.
FTFY

Vote: the worst
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

the worst wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:37 pm Everything I have ever said is a pocketing attempt. I also endorse wagons which are not on me.
What you do to figure alignment? I am curious
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:39 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:34 pm
:D ily too

Lol.

<3

So what I'm hearing is you're gonna be a lurky wolf here too?
the worst

Post by the worst »

my imminent demise
on page 2
the shame is limitless
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:42 pm

Lol.

<3

I will be a lurky villager ;)

Do we have a maximum post count?
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

the worst wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:43 pm my imminent demise
on page 2
the shame is limitless
You forgot to answer me
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

I will be here tomorow after work
Now is almost 10 pm so I will go to sleep
the worst

Post by the worst »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:44 pm
on page 2
the shame is limitless
You forgot to answer me
I assumed your question was rhetorical :p
yes there's a reason
would this answer ever be anything else
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

on page 2
the shame is limitless
We all know that my vote has the weight of ten players.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:43 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:42 pm

Lol.

<3

I will be a lurky villager ;)

Do we have a maximum post count?
Not as far as I know.
bessie

Post by bessie »

osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:40 pm
bessie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:36 pmMadge, I don’t like your confirmation post. You asked a question that was already discussed in the signup thread here . And you were part of that discussion.
I’m considering as to whether Madge’s post is alignment indicative. As I am considering every post and whether it is alignment indicative. Are you not doing the same?

Madge’s is a post to make a post, asking a question to which she already knows the answer. It is active lurking, as is most of your content thus far. Except for your post fishing for my opinion, and this bit of role fishing:
osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:30 pm
The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:08 pm
Wam wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:14 pm You all received an email earlier from an unidentified source that stated "we will show you why the party should be in December."
Oh no, is there a bomb here? Has someone gone postal!?
This kinda feels like it could be a softclaim though. Softclaiming a killing role is... townie?

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:43 pm Do we have a maximum post count?
Unfortunately, it appears not.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Woo! Game on!

Vote osieorb18

Wmu and The Worst, you both seem familiar with Osie's meta. Are they always like this? Or do they usually play more townie?

Also, as to maximum post count, if you post lots of low calorie posts then busy players will have trouble keeping up with the game. Do with that information what you will.

RL note: over had unexpected family stuff come up. I should be fine but will be more sporadic in posting.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Slow clap for the Terry Pratchett references though. :D
madge

Post by madge »

vote the worst

Howdy neighbour! I am town this time, promise 🙃

Bessie the reason for the question is I don't recall having a firm answer in sign ups from Wam AND I di see it in the rules so I wanted to be sure that everyone knew the score. If you tunnel on me for that then I am sorry but I refuse to engage further.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
madge

Post by madge »

I didn't see it in the rules*
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

bessie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:00 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:40 pm
I’m considering as to whether Madge’s post is alignment indicative. As I am considering every post and whether it is alignment indicative. Are you not doing the same?
I don't usually use posts from prior to the start of the game to determine someone's alignment. I figured you might have been joking about that as far as alignments were concerned, but if you were serious about it, then it's a bit of an odd push. Like, you're pushing someone for forgetting an element of the rules before the repeatedly-delayed game has started?
bessie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:00 pmMadge’s is a post to make a post, asking a question to which she already knows the answer. It is active lurking, as is most of your content thus far. Except for your post fishing for my opinion, and this bit of role fishing:
osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:30 pm
The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:08 pmOh no, is there a bomb here? Has someone gone postal!?
This kinda feels like it could be a softclaim though. Softclaiming a killing role is... townie?
Nah. I'm not trying to get Sniper to tell me anything about their role. I'm noting that if that's a softclaim, it's probably townie. Besides, if I was trying to solve on roles, why the hell would I put it in the thread as a wolf?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

boomfrog wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:04 pmWmu and The Worst, you both seem familiar with Osie's meta.
Didn't you play with me at some point on Smashboards? Maybe not.
boomfrog wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:05 pm Slow clap for the Terry Pratchett references though. :D
I've actually only read two books in the series (Going Postal and Colour of Magic) but I've been intending to read most of it.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Hi <3 BoomFrog <3 have you missed me me me?

madge wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:10 pm Howdy neighbour! I am town this time, promise 🙃

Bessie the reason for the question is I don't recall having a firm answer in sign ups from Wam AND I di see it in the rules so I wanted to be sure that everyone knew the score. If you tunnel on me for that then I am sorry but I refuse to engage further.
Is that a TOWN CLAIM??? [-1]

osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:33 pm I don't usually use posts from prior to the start of the game to determine someone's alignment. I figured you might have been joking about that as far as alignments were concerned, but if you were serious about it, then it's a bit of an odd push. Like, you're pushing someone for forgetting an element of the rules before the repeatedly-delayed game has started?
Everything in the game thread is content (with the exception real life issues/info posts), including confirmation posts. Players are not allowed to make posts with possible alignment-indicative content, then later say “well that doesn’t count I wasn’t really playing yet."

And yes I am dead serious. How is this an odd push? Madge knows why I pushed her on this. Odd because I am pushing for content? Or odd that I am serious on Page 1?

osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:33 pm Nah. I'm not trying to get Sniper to tell me anything about their role. I'm noting that if that's a softclaim, it's probably townie. Besides, if I was trying to solve on roles, why the hell would I put it in the thread as a wolf?
Is that a WOULD I DO THIS AS SCUM post??? [-1]

Why even note that it may be a soft claim unless you want to open discussion on it? The Snide Sniper is a newer player. Since you brought up the “would I do this as scum” argument, I will offer a response that I think the townie thing to do might be to ignore it and move on, not push for more information.

Interesting that Osie asked about my comment on Madge’s confirmation post, but he was not the least bit curious as to why I FoS’d him in the same post , and gave no reasons. He has engaged with me, but not as to why I find him suspicious. Though he has prodded for information as to why I find Madge suspicious.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

bessie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:00 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:33 pm I don't usually use posts from prior to the start of the game to determine someone's alignment. I figured you might have been joking about that as far as alignments were concerned, but if you were serious about it, then it's a bit of an odd push. Like, you're pushing someone for forgetting an element of the rules before the repeatedly-delayed game has started?
Everything in the game thread is content (with the exception real life issues/info posts), including confirmation posts. Players are not allowed to make posts with possible alignment-indicative content, then later say “well that doesn’t count I wasn’t really playing yet."

And yes I am dead serious. How is this an odd push? Madge knows why I pushed her on this. Odd because I am pushing for content? Or odd that I am serious on Page 1?
I wouldn't usually consider confirmation posts to be part of the game, given that they are prior to when the host has declared the game to start. That said, in this context, it is understandable to do so since there is no explicit rule stating they cannot be used, and they were after the role PMs had been sent out. It's just not where I would expect people to be looking.
bessie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:00 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:33 pm Nah. I'm not trying to get Sniper to tell me anything about their role. I'm noting that if that's a softclaim, it's probably townie. Besides, if I was trying to solve on roles, why the hell would I put it in the thread as a wolf?
Is that a WOULD I DO THIS AS SCUM post??? [-1]
No, it's a legitimate question. I would assume... (goes and checks) and have checked and confirmed that "Players with chats can chat at any time.=" is in the OP. So if Mafia can chat at any time, why would they bother putting notes on claims in the thread?
bessie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:00 pmWhy even note that it may be a soft claim unless you want to open discussion on it? The Snide Sniper is a newer player. Since you brought up the “would I do this as scum” argument, I will offer a response that I think the townie thing to do might be to ignore it and move on, not push for more information.
I noted that it might be a townie post. Especially with the information that Sniper is a newer player, I'm relatively townleaning them for that post.
bessie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:00 pmInteresting that Osie asked about my comment on Madge’s confirmation post, but he was not the least bit curious as to why I FoS’d him in the same post , and gave no reasons. He has engaged with me, but not as to why I find him suspicious. Though he has prodded for information as to why I find Madge suspicious.
I noted it, but I don't bother going on the defensive in that way. It's a waste of time in my experience. If you had expressed a case, it would be one thing, but you haven't, so I'm waiting for you to actually put content behind the statement. If you don't, then that's also something to note.
madge

Post by madge »

vote bessie

just because the worst has a mini-wagon and id on't want to add to RVS

FWIW bessie's attitude to me is a null-tell. i think overall townie lean.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Bessie shading me for "active lurking" when there were less than 40 posts since start of game and 4 out of 9 players (Heury/Boom/Moody/Sniper) hadn't really posted significant content is bugging me even more than her looking at posts prior to game start for alignment, but I could see this being trying to draw blood from a stone like I sometimes do.

Unvote

Speaking of which... There's still less than 50 posts, so I gotta do this:

Conf Town:
osieorb18 - Myself

Townlean:
Madge - I like their entrance, and bessie may have TMI'd them.
Boomfrog - The "trouble keeping up" sentence seems slightly more likely to come from town.

Null:
The Snide Sniper - The way they entered the thread puts them on the townie edge of null and bessie may have TMI'd them.
the worst - They feel comfortably social at the start. NAI for them, but I'm not feeling agenda yet. They always take a while for me to sort.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx - Nothing they've done has really been out of NAI range. A few slight townpings, but also nothing that isn't fakable for them.
heury - Hasn't posted (So scummy side of null.)

Scumlean:
moody7277 - Just a ping off of their entrance; it feels a bit forced.
bessie - I'm paranoid that bessie appears to be, either intentionally or not, trying to do one of the standard styles I've seen from scum of taking small things and blowing them out of proportion to form a series of tunnels instead of trying to read people organically. She could just be drawing blood out of a stone, but I need to see more to feel comfortable with that sort of a read.

Vote: moody7277