Baldur's Gate Mafia (Absolute Power)

What you're all really here for.
bessie

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 2)

Post by bessie »

moody7277 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:28 am Okay, so looks like I'm the deciding vote. That's...novel. I'll let discussion go until right before the deadline then put it down.
I'll try to read and throw down some thoughts after I have dinner.
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:33 pm
Seven wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:21 pm You're actually one of the few people I think would kill him. You, maybe Wam cause he's chaotic and unpredictable. Best reasoning I could guess for his nk is to highlight the fact that both wagons were towny, thus making the active slots (me, ran, bessie) viable as you're doing now.

Claim or I'm dueling you.
Ok, I saw Mak respond to this and and I need to point out how illogical this is. You three were all on the Heury wagon, that's already enough for a push and flipping JC would actually be counterproductive from this point of view, since it eliminates the possibility of mafia protecting scum!JC

I guess this marks the beginning of the "is Seven snowing me?" phase of the game.
This doesn't make any sense as to why it shows Seven is snowing Somitomi in any way. Especially considering since Makhaira was the one who started the JC kill argument, and Seven even mentioned that there is no way to verify who could have done it, as I have said. Not only that, Mak still has not responded to my point of focusing on day play instead. Yet Somi seems to be ignoring that in favor of voting Seven.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Town [EGW > Bessie > Seven > Moody > Wam | Somitomi > Makhaira] Scum
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven I'm somehow glad you put yourself as the other option, because it gives us competing wagons which is good information, especially if Mak flips scum.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:39 pmBessies hammer is gross af Vote: Bessie
Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:42 pmThis is such a joke lmao seven such a gross ass slot this game its absurd Vote: Seven
These two quotes, are now more likely to be both votes to incriminate either player in association with him. The switch serves no purpose here.
EGW

Post by EGW »

moody7277 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:28 am Okay, so looks like I'm the deciding vote. That's...novel. I'll let discussion go until right before the deadline then put it down.
Sounds good. Make sure to set an alarm too just in case.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:20 am There is no twilight in this game. Usually on xkcd, there is no posting after the hammer, like in this game.
lol I didn't even clock this. A day vengeful townie would be too unbalanced too since it could put us in melo by day 2.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

A duel has been compelled. The only players available for voting for today are Seven and Makhaira. Votes to other players (including no elimination) will not be counted.

Votals:

Makhaira (3): EGW, Seven, bessie
Seven* (3): Wam, Makhaira, somitomi

Not voting: moody

*Seven reached 3 votes first and is the current elimination if there is a tie.

With 7 alive it takes 4 to hammer. Deadline is Tuesday, April 16 at 9pm, in roughly 45 minutes. Deadline timer
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven, thoughts on my Somi read at the moment.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:15 am Seven, thoughts on my Somi read at the moment.
Thinking
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

This is the first time I've seen Somi-scum be invested by the way. Yet, they seem stiff with how they approached their read on you.
EGW

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 1)

Post by EGW »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:19 am Town
Bessie
Wam
Mak
Seven
EGW
Heury
Moody
Somitomi
Scum
EGW

Post by EGW »

This may have been the true reason for the JC kill, while putting attention on both of us for Makhaira to use as fuel.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I think his defense of heury could go either way. He's done similar that raise my brow before when he ended up being town (like his strong town read of you in AI. I kept asking him about it and never fully understood). I do think these were peculiar though:
EGW wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:42 am
somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:51 pmYeah that will happen sometime, but why us two in particular?
somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:56 pmAny particular reason you chose to start your ISO with me and wam?
I don't like this question, nor the second quote. The reason I wanted to see other people's content here is to see how they develop reads around Mak as he's the central focus of the day. I'm noting that Somi has yet to give a reads list Day 2.
It's what I was saying Day 1 about the antsyness around my ability.

The approach with me is strange. I will say he is right though on my logic. I came to the same conclusion myself when I was thinking about the JC kill during the lull. I also liked that he was questioning Wam earlier wrt his vote on me, but going back it seems he was restating what moody had already mentioned.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Him pointing out your logic is wrong doesn't show how you are snowing because of it. He'd have to show your scum!Seven motive for doing so. So to me, seems like a justification for him saying you are snowing him, without a valid reason. How does having faulty logic = snowing? You see?
EGW

Post by EGW »

I also feel like Somi has been giving Mak the benefit of the doubt more than they should.
bessie

Post by bessie »

I'm back! I'm going to do reread today's content since I went through it quickly.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

somitomi wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 am
Wam wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:08 am TvS - one scum. Think 90% odds if this is true Mak is the scum. Seven had no pressure on them so would be an interesting move to put themselves against a townie with all the attention, focus and pressure this would bring and I don't think it's the winning play.
even in the (rather unlikely) scenario that Mak is town and Seven managed to snow everyone?
Yeah the bolded here to the vote on me is no good.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Good spot, Seven. Bessie I hope you see what I'm seeing here.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Random thoughts as I read not going to take time to organize them.
Seven wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:38 am First of all, no. I will kill you N1 everytime as scum. Playing against you is a headache.
Hey I missed this WOULD I DO THIS AS SCUM POST earlier!

somitomi wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 am even in the (rather unlikely) scenario that Mak is town and Seven managed to snow everyone?
How did somitomi go from Mak probably scum to voting for Seven?
EGW

Post by EGW »

bessie wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:46 amHow did somitomi go from Mak probably scum to voting for Seven?
That's what I'm saying.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:46 am Random thoughts as I read not going to take time to organize them.
Seven wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:38 am First of all, no. I will kill you N1 everytime as scum. Playing against you is a headache.
Hey I missed this WOULD I DO THIS AS SCUM POST earlier!

somitomi wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 am even in the (rather unlikely) scenario that Mak is town and Seven managed to snow everyone?
How did somitomi go from Mak probably scum to voting for Seven?
Finally we mindmeld on something lol. Except the first part, and to that I say farts/see my discussion with Mak.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

To be fair to Seven it was in response to my point on them telling me in the past they would keep me alive for the challenge.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Wam wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:06 pm
Wam wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:16 pm

Jc - con town
Interesting looking through posts, thier the ony 1 I'm aware of floating moody suspicion

https://ramenchef.net/nxf/viewtopic.php?p=65257#p65257
https://ramenchef.net/nxf/viewtopic.php?p=65259#p65259

@moody why did you get off the JC wagon? I'm aware you may have said but going alphabetically by author.
Wam is this a response to Mak?
EGW

Post by EGW »

I think it was a response to Mak, Mak asked him a question above.