Baldur's Gate Mafia (Absolute Power)

What you're all really here for.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 2)

Post by Seven »

somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:56 pm
moody7277 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:37 am Mak settling on what's basically my panicky paranoid solve when he's supposed to be a good player counts against, as well as simply wanting to scum read bessie solely off the hammer. I particularly liked Seven's refutation of Mak blaming her for not getting back on EOD.
Yeah, that's not a good look, although paranoid-me is sitting in the corner asking "why has there been no pushback against the Mak elim?"
I’ve been thinking about this too. The only person who hasn’t commented on Mak yet is Wam. Kind of here just waiting on the content from the two of them.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

somitomi wrote:Yeah, that's not a good look, although paranoid-me is sitting in the corner asking "why has there been no pushback against the Mak elim?"
Seems like most of the day so far has been Seven and EGW whipsawing Mak.
somitomi wrote:Any particular reason you chose to start your ISO with me and wam?
You I had kind of a wishy-washy read on, so I wanted to firm that up, and wam was right after you alphabetically.
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:56 pmSadly I wasted the weekend on family time, hobbies and tidying up the mess in my living space :oops:
EGW

Post by EGW »

bessie wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:13 pm@EGW I should be home tonight last night I unexpectedly went out in the afternoon and wasn’t home until night.
Sure thing. I'll be doing my taxes last minute in the mean time.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Reread in alphabetical order.

Evil George Washington
Early questioning is good. Pushes somitomi a lot in the beginning.
[Did somi answer this ?]
EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:09 am I'm open to actually bloccing up with Bessie and Somi at the moment. (I think town blocks are actually a good tool, but felt like you used it too early Somi)
I didn’t process this on D1. The part in parenthesis seems like an odd comment to make. Do you think somi was seriously trying to create a town block in his first post?

I already pointed it out but I still don’t like this defense of somitomi.

I think George posted reads on everyone on D1, and posted ordered lists, which is good.
EGW wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 am On a side note, my night action failed. Either someone targeted me with a beneficial or harmful action. So, you guys know there is a type of role like that in the game.
Did you receive anything last night?

George doesn’t post as many reads on D2 and most of his posts are pushing others for content.

heuristically_alone
Sorry heury. Hope the family is feeling better.

JC_DADDY25
JC was focused on Seven most of D1 and then he said it wasn’t serious. He did post an ordered list, which I like. He gave some snap reads in the next post, but unfortunately it feels like there wasn’t a lot of thought to them. Most of his enf of D1 content is responses to EGW.
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:03 am But my vote isn't going to change the outcome, so at that point I'm just voting because you're asking me to. So I see no point in it right now.
The heury vote seems to be self-preservation not an actual scum read.

JC ended the game with no strong reads and few interactions with anyone except EGW. If he dropped a breadcrumb as to his role, I don’t see it, but I am notoriously bad at finding breadcrumbs and rarely use them.

Makhaira
Almost all of Mak’s D1 content is in this post . Mak’s placement on my Woof-Grr list yesterday was based on this post. I felt it was a decent effort allowing for V/LA. At end of day I was suspicious when he didn’t come back and I noted it here , then I saw him online at about one minute before deadline. On D2, Mak explained his absence at end of D1 so I do not hold that against him in my read. I don’t like any of Mak’s D2 content, which is suspecting me for hammering, and posting about how if he were mafia he would not nightelim JC. Waiting for some content that isn’t focused on these two points.

More later, gotta feed the family.
EGW

Post by EGW »

bessie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:28 amI didn’t process this on D1. The part in parenthesis seems like an odd comment to make. Do you think somi was seriously trying to create a town block in his first post?
I thought he was misguided with his approach to it, yes. I've never seen him try that before, so I thought of it as an earnest effort, but at the wrong time, which is why I mentioned that. Also, yes Somi did answer my question.
bessie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:28 amI already pointed it out but I still don’t like this defense of somitomi.
I disagree with that, since to me it seemed like Moody missed good questioning from Somi that he could use to help him with his null read. How do you feel about Somi's questioning here?
EGW

Post by EGW »

bessie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:28 amDid you receive anything last night?
I did. I have no idea what it does though, even with looking it up.
bessie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:28 amGeorge doesn’t post as many reads on D2 and most of his posts are pushing others for content.
This is true.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Activating ability sometime tomorrow
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

moody7277
Rereading and I think I’ve already responded to most of his D1 content. I missed this because it was in a broken quote.
moody7277 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:47 pm Well, these two together track. And I'm not suspicious of you for doing it, it's just not one of the headlines for the dossier on you; those are the no RVS and no mass claim that I already quipped about.
I’m sure I’ve done this enough before that moody should already know about it. And moody your dossier should also have would-I-do-that-if-I-were-scum posts.
D1 town-scum list with reads. +1
I don’t have any issues with his end of day switch from JC (pledged vote) to heury. He had both in his votable range.

D2
moody7277 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:37 am Mak settling on what's basically my panicky paranoid solve when he's supposed to be a good player counts against, as well as simply wanting to scum read bessie solely off the hammer. I particularly liked Seven's refutation of Mak blaming her for not getting back on EOD.
To what is this a response? I looked but I must be missing it.
No strong lean on moody thus far. He's in the middle like he usually is for me.

Seven wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:53 am Activating ability sometime tomorrow
I'm waiting.png
I'm waiting.png (191.21 KiB) Viewed 670 times
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

The inside of the temple seems constructed from the night itself. The walls are polished black stone, with great columns that extend up to the vaulted ceiling high above. Though it is bright outside, no light seems to filter in to the chamber. Your torches sputter with unnatural weakness, casting long, flickering shadows across the floor. The air is musty, with a faint odour of something unpleasant you cannot place. There is no sound but your footsteps against the creaking floorboards.

It is unsettling. The group of you inch forward. Something twinkles faintly ahead, a faint reflection of something just catching the light. You mount a small flight of smooth stone steps, and arrive at the source of the twinkling light. A stone slab, six feet long, three wide, three high, a smooth prism of that same black stone. Dark runes in some ancient language are etched into the surface. At the centre of the slab sits a tall silver goblet, nearly a foot tall, set with dark blue gems. Next to the cup rests a curved silver knife. Curious.

Votals:

Makhaira (2): Seven, EGW
Seven (1): Makhaira

Not voting: bessie, somitomi, Moody, Wam

With 7 alive it takes 4 to hammer. Deadline is Tuesday, April 16 at 9pm. Deadline timer
Wam

Post by Wam »

Wam wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:46 am Busy weekend won't be around much until.tomorrow evening.
Well this was a conversation killer.

Re reading now.

Bessie
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Initial content typicak bessie. Like the con post analysis I have seen bessie catch scum this way. Think she might have even caught me this way.

https://ramenchef.net/nxf/viewtopic.php?p=65384#p65384
Interesting list with hindsight given both the bottom suspects flipped town.

It's wifiom but I doubt scum bessie NKd JC i think they push for the miselim. No issue with the hammer.

Bessie how do you find this scummy https://ramenchef.net/nxf/viewtopic.php?p=65439#p65439
But say RL events taken 100% face value we all know something can come up and Mak hadn't come back with any reason so could have a good excuse?
Bessie then does recant this day 2 in reads list want to see the rest of the list.

There is a weird flip/interaction with Mak, kind of feels forced. Part of me wonders if bessie and a partner decide mak was the play and she's trying to force jt.
Final Read- neutral.

Rest slowly through the day
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

bessie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:14 am
To what is this a response? I looked but I must be missing it.
Makhaira wrote:If it's EGW/seven yall have huge cajones ill give you that
And also Seven, as well as a couple people later on, mentioned you hammering happened right at the deadline, so Mak saying it was scummy was utterly ridiculous.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Egw

I had a quick flick through nothing stood out comig back to egw later as their not the play today so I'm going to focus elsewhere for now.

Huery - con town

Weirdly had an impression huery had contributed a lot more than they had.

Jc - con town
Interesting looking through posts, thier the ony 1 I'm aware of floating moody suspicion

https://ramenchef.net/nxf/viewtopic.php?p=65257#p65257
https://ramenchef.net/nxf/viewtopic.php?p=65259#p65259

@moody why did you get off the JC wagon? I'm aware you may have said but going alphabetically by author.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Mak
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Day 1 very low content.
Day 2
https://ramenchef.net/nxf/viewtopic.php?p=65624#p65624

Why would scum bother to flip the elim for huery to JC?

Others have covered the weird hammer behaviour.
Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:15 pm I need to reread to see why scum would make that NK, someone must have soul read him as a strong PR or something because I saw the slot entirely as a liability
Did you get an answer to this? What do you think of my moody theory?

https://ramenchef.net/nxf/viewtopic.php?p=65682#p65682

Again you seem to think the motives of swapping from one town elim to another will be AI I'm not getting it?
I'm going to be honest whilst I don't like the content I'm getting proper frustrated townie vibes from Mak so

Town lean

Realised I never answered the below.
Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:52 pm Wam and somi, what is your take on the heury wagon? Do you think both scum are on it?
Not sure, still reading but don't see any reason they would be pushing to be on it versus the JC wagon. I'm confident 1 is on it as I don't see Mak/somi as the team.

Moody
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Missed this 1st time through can you explain the maths?
moody7277 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:01 pm Even if somi's on the up and up, there's still a 50% chance you or wam are scum.
https://ramenchef.net/nxf/viewtopic.php?p=65245#p65245

Like the logic in the t<s list

Content generally good but the JC bit makes me hesitate.

Town-lean
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Man I wish y’all would do reverse alphabetical order
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Reads

Seven: Day 1, Seven never really town telled. This is why I was reluctant to work with him on Mak, especially pre-maturely. Yet now, I simply realize he was correct. Upon Mak flipping scum, I believe this makes Seven town.

Somitomi: I still strongly townread Somi, who has been engaged more than I have seen in his mafia games. I also find his questioning to be good. I liked when he pointed out things that pinged him, about Mak as well.

Moody: I think I was pre-mature with my scumread on Moody on Day 1. I figured he might be scum due to having a null read on a slot I thought was easy to read by this point, and town reading Seven. Yet, I find his post good, as he simply did that analysis to firm up his null read on Somi. I found this to be a town tell.

Bessie: Bessie has town telled Day 1 and Day 2. I've noticed her reads come late or she misses it for that day, but I am aware she is very busy.
bessie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:34 amWam – He gave an early town-scum list which I like, but little else.
However, this quote is concerning to me if Mak is mafia. She has him really high for the content he posted at the time. Having been scum with her in the past, I know that she has a very hard time bussing. Yet, on Day 2 she is fine pushing Mak on his nonsense. So, I'm going to put her as my weakest town read, however I will implore anyone to investigate her in the case Mak flips scum here.

Wam: On Wam, he was one of the people to barely scumhunt besides help out on the JC wagon. He had a vibe on Somi, but that never really grew into anything. The only thing I notice is that he didn't really talk about Mak's content (just one post at the time), and today he is town leaning his content. In a vacuum, Wam simply seems to me like scum by Process of Elimination. Null-scum, especially with Mak.
Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:39 pmBessies hammer is gross af

Vote: Bessie
Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:42 pm This is such a joke lmao seven such a gross ass slot this game its absurd

Vote: Seven
EGW wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:59 pm Ok. Why did you switch your vote from Bessie to Seven so soon? What was the purpose of that?
Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:00 pm Because as much as I hate bessies hammer I think sevens slot is overally grosser and want to communicate that clearly
I think this vote here and then a sudden switch to Seven is confirmation that Mak is scum here. There was no purpose to his vote here, only to incriminate Bessie upon his downfall. Mak likes to bus, as seen in Halloween AI, where he voted me as soon as I got pressure from LaserGuy. Here in this game, his read on Bessie on Day 1 was wishy washy, and his read on Wam is top town. Mak clearly did not show any care for how EOD went, when he said he'd be there all day. He says he had a sudden thing to go to, but remember he just got off V/LA. Also, he hasn't shown why Seven is scum in this scenario. He says he is disappointed I am voting along with him, but doesn't try to convince me of who is scum. Instead, he focuses his limited time to undermine my slot, especially to state that saying the kill is wifom is scummy, without discussing about my point of Day play being the focus instead. His arguing here seems to be dishonest. He also doesn't seem to have the energy to respond to Bessie's points.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Town [EGW > Seven > Somitomi > Moody > Bessie | Wam > Mak] Scum
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:20 pm
somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:56 pm
Yeah, that's not a good look, although paranoid-me is sitting in the corner asking "why has there been no pushback against the Mak elim?"
I’ve been thinking about this too. The only person who hasn’t commented on Mak yet is Wam. Kind of here just waiting on the content from the two of them.
I think it's simple. Mafia don't have any fuel to have any pushback. I think this is a scenario of the town, having no weaknesses to attack.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Rather, little to no weaknesses. Just not enough to build a case.
EGW

Post by EGW »

I just realized I used the wrong quote for Bessie. I was referring to her Mak read.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:27 pm Man I wish y’all would do reverse alphabetical order
You should post a reads list yourself. I want to see.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Tonight
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Good, good.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Also for the future I’m curious what a zen town tell looks like. Is it just yeeting scum?
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Yes, and early. Thinking over Mak's vote on Bessie, I'm thinking it's more so him trying to incriminate her since if she is scum with him, there would be no functional reason for him to do so since her position would be solid. So I'm leaning town on Bessie.