Baldur's Gate Mafia (Absolute Power)

What you're all really here for.
somitomi

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 3)

Post by somitomi »

Seven wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:49 pm I don't think we need to mass-claim, but I would like to know what Wam/Somi did last night and why.
I targeted moody, but since we're in ELO it did nothing.
bessie wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:32 pm Why did you think only day powers can be verified?
For some reason I was thinking along the lines of what happened after the mass claim in hAIloween mafia with Adum picking some of the targets and then everyone sharing their results the next day to see what didn't line up.
Rose's boytoy.
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:33 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:49 pm I don't think we need to mass-claim, but I would like to know what Wam/Somi did last night and why.
I targeted moody, but since we're in ELO it did nothing.
What would it have done?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
bessie

Post by bessie »

somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:33 pm
bessie wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:32 pm Why did you think only day powers can be verified?
For some reason I was thinking along the lines of what happened after the mass claim in hAIloween mafia with Adum picking some of the targets and then everyone sharing their results the next day to see what didn't line up.
How does this lead to "only day powers can be verified today"?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

This game is in some desperate need of EGW
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@bessie what are your current reads?
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Seven wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:33 amUrsula: Honesty, she got the bad end of the trident. Sure it was scummy what she did to Ariel, but King Triton is an arsehole. Town.

Triton: Scum.
Also guys, on Friday, 3 days after I made this post, I came across this podcast episode where they take the same position I did here!

https://www.pushkin.fm/podcasts/revisio ... tale-twist

It's a 3 part analysis of The Little Mermaid. I highly recommend listening to Part 3 where they enact a retelling of the ending. It's great.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Actually, bessie and moody, curious to know if you guys targeted anyone either
Seven (she, him, their)
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Seven wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:40 pm What would it have done?
It would block him from voting and using any actions or chats today and my vote would count double today.
bessie wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:47 pm How does this lead to "only day powers can be verified today"?
We claim and coordinate toDay, day powers can be fired off immediately, night powers can't, so those results are only available the next day phase.
Rose's boytoy.

Post by somitomi »

Why didn't you ask Wam the same thing though?

@wam: what would've your action done?
Rose's boytoy.
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:32 pm
Why didn't you ask Wam the same thing though?

@wam: what would've your action done?
I was curious to see if it was something positive or negative. Because your choice is weird given this:
somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:32 am Don't worry at some point I was thinking of an EGW-Seven team :oops:
Why did you choose moody?
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Also given that it's elo going forward regardless, I presumed your ability would be ineffective tonight as well and thus no liability in claiming
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

These abilities are wikid stronk
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

I don't have anything active power-wise.

Right now my POE says wam is 100% scum, somi is 93-95% scum, bessie 5-7%, and Seven <1%.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Seven wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:53 pm I was curious to see if it was something positive or negative. Because your choice is weird given this:
somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:32 am Don't worry at some point I was thinking of an EGW-Seven team :oops:
Why did you choose moody?
I realised it was a rather silly theory and took a bit of a shot in the dark, since I was only picking a target on the off chance it wouldn't be ELO today.
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:15 pm This game is in some desperate need of EGW
Well, I did go back, seeking the wisdom of EGW about the players still in the game:
EGW wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:47 am Town [EGW > Bessie > Seven > Moody > Wam | Somitomi > Makhaira] Scum
On second thought, wisdom may not be the operative word here :lol:
Although I wonder if that placement means EGW found a town tell from you after this post.
moody7277 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:37 pm Right now my POE says wam is 100% scum, somi is 93-95% scum, bessie 5-7%, and Seven <1%.
Can you explain your POE?
Rose's boytoy.

Post by moody7277 »

somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:50 pm
moody7277 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:37 pm Right now my POE says wam is 100% scum, somi is 93-95% scum, bessie 5-7%, and Seven <1%.
I'm not scum. Seven demonstrating the thunderdome power, despite the unfortunate choice of dueling opponent, convinces my she's not scum. bessie is a lot based on my read on her and partially something I don't want to get into without her permission. That leaves you and wam as scum.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:14 pm
I'm not scum. Seven demonstrating the thunderdome power, despite the unfortunate choice of dueling opponent, convinces my she's not scum. bessie is a lot based on my read on her and partially something I don't want to get into without her permission. That leaves you and wam as scum.
Why Wam as 100 vs Somi 93-95?
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:15 pm @bessie what are your current reads?
Woof
bessie
moody
Seven
Wam
somitomi
Grr

Seven wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:21 pm Actually, bessie and moody, curious to know if you guys targeted anyone either
I’m sure you are.
hmmmmm.png
hmmmmm.png (192.59 KiB) Viewed 186 times

somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:29 pm It would block him from voting and using any actions or chats today and my vote would count double today.
Why use this on moody? Why not someone that, you know, you suspected was scum??
I just reviewed somitomi’s D2 content, and he was mostly noncommittal on everyone except for suspecting Mak early and voting for Seven. In the same post he votes for Seven, he also votes for Mak to shoot Seven. Why didn’t you target Seven??

somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:29 pm
bessie wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:47 pm How does this lead to "only day powers can be verified today"?
We claim and coordinate toDay, day powers can be fired off immediately, night powers can't, so those results are only available the next day phase.
I don’t like this. You are overlooking powers that have been used on previous nights and can be verified today. Your limited thinking on this subject makes me suspicious.

I used a power N1 that can be verified in the thread, just search the D2 content. I used a different power N2 that can also be verified by someone if needed.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Seven wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:32 am
moody7277 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:14 pm

Why Wam as 100 vs Somi 93-95?
wam indie hunting against you was fairly damning in my view and I was already leaning him scum anyway, whereas I thought I had a town read on somi and it's just the POE that puts him as scum. The 5-7 percent on bessie depends on whether what is going on is what I think it is, or if it's something adjacent.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

moody7277 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:14 pm I'm not scum. Seven demonstrating the thunderdome power, despite the unfortunate choice of dueling opponent, convinces my she's not scum. bessie is a lot based on my read on her and partially something I don't want to get into without her permission. That leaves you and wam as scum.
Why are you so sure that Seven claiming the thunderdome power in advance means he's not scum?
bessie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:50 am Why use this on moody? Why not someone that, you know, you suspected was scum??
I just reviewed somitomi’s D2 content, and he was mostly noncommittal on everyone except for suspecting Mak early and voting for Seven. In the same post he votes for Seven, he also votes for Mak to shoot Seven. Why didn’t you target Seven??
You underestimate my phenomenal cosmic powers of self-doubt. I have kind of a history of scumreading Seven 2-3 days into a game and the main reason I had for scumreading him this time was spearheading Mak's elim, which could be levelled against EGW too and EGW was for the most part my strongest townread. So after I got the crack theory out of my system I started worrying that I was focusing too much on the active players and scum was just letting us tear ourselves apart (I have used that strategy to some success in the past) and picked moody as the slot that left the least impression on me so far. I will admit I have not put too much thought into my target at this point because I was like 90% sure it wouldn't matter anyhow.
bessie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:50 am I don’t like this. You are overlooking powers that have been used on previous nights and can be verified today. Your limited thinking on this subject makes me suspicious.

I used a power N1 that can be verified in the thread, just search the D2 content. I used a different power N2 that can also be verified by someone if needed.
Yes, I have overlooked that, although I do think that method is somewhat more dubious, since the claim can theoretically be tailored depending on who's still alive or what information has been revealed since.
Rose's boytoy.

Post by Wam »

I'm not claiming what I was trying to do and I will give you two different options as to why.

1) Its a weak wierd power that doesn't help town and scum knowing this will allow them to NK other powers.

2) it's an amazing power and if someone else had it they would have the solve now and the game would be over. Therefore scum would nk me.

We need more talking in the thread!

Think seven wouldn't thunderdome themselves as scum so seven = 95% town.

Leaves bessie, moody, somi

Gut says bessie, moody
Head says bessie, somi

So re read time but my view is the elim today is bessie. But that I'd gut nothing else but will re read again and see if I can flesh out my gut read or change it!
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

somitomi wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:00 am
moody7277 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:14 pm I'm not scum. Seven demonstrating the thunderdome power, despite the unfortunate choice of dueling opponent, convinces my she's not scum. bessie is a lot based on my read on her and partially something I don't want to get into without her permission. That leaves you and wam as scum.
Why are you so sure that Seven claiming the thunderdome power in advance means he's not scum?
Seven having that power at all means Seven's town, because as I've already said, it would be OP in the hands of scum.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

A coarse wind blows through the clearing, scattering the ashes of last night's fire. Clouds above begin to darken, heralding a coming rain. You shift your weight uncertainly, trying to watch everyone at once. You can feel the tadpole squirming in your head, feel a strange sense of excitement in it. It wants this.

Your hand closes on your weapon. You see a blur of motion to you left as one of the others begins to move.

It is ELO. Town must eliminate correctly toDay or are at risk of losing.

Votals:
Not voting: bessie, moody, Seven, somitomi, Wam

With 5 players, it takes 3 to hammer. Deadline is April 23 at 9pm PST (approx 34 hours). Deadline timer.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Seven where is your head at?
bessie

Post by bessie »

Daily bark!
somitomi wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:00 am
bessie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:50 am I don’t like this. You are overlooking powers that have been used on previous nights and can be verified today. Your limited thinking on this subject makes me suspicious.

Yes, I have overlooked that, although I do think that method is somewhat more dubious, since the claim can theoretically be tailored depending on who's still alive or what information has been revealed since.
I gave EGW something on N1. He confirmed he received it. This is already in thread so I don’t need to tailor a claim:
EGW wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:39 am
bessie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:28 amDid you receive anything last night?
I did. I have no idea what it does though, even with looking it up.
The item has source material flavor and can be googled, as (I presume) EGW did.
I gave a different item last night, but the item I gave out last night was one-shot.

Wam wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:41 am 2) it's an amazing power and if someone else had it they would have the solve now and the game would be over. Therefore scum would nk me.

[snip]

Gut says bessie, moody
Head says bessie, somi
Well this amazing power doesn’t seem to be giving you the solve. :P
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Moody prefers Wam [inferred from 100%]
Wam prefers bessie [inferred from bessie in both gut and head teams]
Bessie prefers somi [inferred from readlist]
Somi prefers Moody(?) [inferred from night action]

This circle of reads is wild. My thinking coming into today was that there is exactly one in Wam/Somi and exactly one in Bessie/Moody. I think the pairing that is most sensible given the above [Wam-Bessie, Wam-Moody, Somi-Bessie, Somi-Moody] is Somi-Moody.

Somi's behavior has been incongruent the past couple of phases:
  • saying that it was unlikely that Make was town, then voting me
  • using an ability that could make the target unable to vote on moody instead of me/EGW, particularly me considering I was his vote D2
Wam & Somi knew I would be able to see where they were going last night. Given the incongruency with whom Somi chose to target, leads me to suspect that his action was a feint. i.e partner!somi targeted moody as a way of unpairing them toDay. I'm not quite convinced of this, however, because moody doesn't seem scummy at all.

At least one of you is playing very well, though, because in terms of raw reads, I'm town reading three of you. Considering that Mak flipped town, my reasoning for town reading him yeseterDay (the contrarian vote against me when everyone else was pushing Mak) has no merit, but I still think his overall reaction to my claim is towny, and based off experience, I'd expect scum!wam to be much more proactive this phase. Moody has been very logical this game, particularly in his back and forth with Wam regarding me being indy. Bessie is probably the weakest of the three as it's really just a sense that her bessieness is the same as her usual bessieness, and a partial sheep of Ran.

Bessie-somi may be possible. I have to think about the feasibility of partner!bessie coming in bussing somi toDay. There also is the possibility that my assumption about there being one in the Seven wagon and one in the Mak wagon is wrong, and that the team is Wam/Somi. This would mean Wam is probably some sort of fabricator/tailor role.
Seven (she, him, their)