Baldur's Gate Mafia (Absolute Power)

What you're all really here for.
Makhaira

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 2)

Post by Makhaira »

I have to give seven and bessie credit, if its them they have some very impressive scumtheater/distancing in early game, it's genuinely making me think they arent the pair. The more I re-read I think any solve with seven in the pair has to have the 2nd scum playing ultra passive
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Also I understand that me claiming this all but guarantees I will be NK'd tonight if yall dont vote me out but tbh I'll gladly let the scum sort my shitty slot for yall by trading away my daykill. If I miss my shot and throw the game I'd be guilty of exactly what I yelled at JC for in pick your poison so that's categorically not happening unless yall say you want me to shoot
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Deadline is in just about 11 hours from this post

Vote: Seven

Didnt realise votals got reset and this is the only pro wincon move for me at this point
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Makhaira wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:40 pm I also find it really, really ironic that seven gave me shit for "WIFOM" arguing that I wouldnt ever NK JC, when seven then turns around and argues they would always NK town!ran for meta reasons, like come tf one blatant rules for thee not for me nonsense
There’s a difference. I was using it as counter evidence, not as evidence. In other words, I was nullifying a point Ran was trying to make, not using it to say I’m town. To be analogous with the JC thing, it would be as if someone said “JC died so Mak must be scum” and then you countered that assertion. That would be perfectly reasonable.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

That is the definition of a distinction without a difference and you know it
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 amI'm not sure I entirely understand why Mak would respond to his own downfall by incriminating his partner.
I meant incriminating Bessie, or trying to. Otherwise, what purpose would him voting Bessie initially be? It's certainly not productive.
moody7277 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 amGoing after indies at this point, if that alignment even exists in this game, seems a waste of effort.
I agree with this. Our focus should be on eliminating scum first.
Makhaira

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Makhaira »

moody7277 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:38 am
Wam wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:49 am
Seven wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:24 am If I'm going to use my ability today, it needs to be within the next 19 hours. If anyone is against me using it, speak your piece. Also if you don't have a serious vote down, I would get one down as I am going to base it off that.
I want you to use it more to shake things up rather than any carefully calculated thoughts about game effects.
Disagree strongly with this. Thunderdoming has such strong effects that it should be tactical or, as EGW said he did, not used at all.

Unvote

If as it seems RVS is over, I don't want my frivolous vote to be part of a wagon until I do my full read through, which I'll get to after work today.
is it just me or does this post feel really stiff/overformal to anyone else?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Seven wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:52 am
heuristically_alone wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:46 am Whispers float through the ancient hall,
In cloaks of midnight, they heed the call.
Zephyrs carry their chants so wide,
Among the stars, their powers glide.
Riddles and mysteries, in their hands unfurled,
Dancing with magic, a joke of a transaction.
You're a WIZARD, Harry.
Why did you capitalize wizard here
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Makhaira wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 pm
heuristically_alone wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:46 am Whispers float through the ancient hall,
In cloaks of midnight, they heed the call.
Zephyrs carry their chants so wide,
Among the stars, their powers glide.
Riddles and mysteries, in their hands unfurled,
Dancing with magic, a joke of a transaction.
You're a WIZARD, Harry.
First letter of each line
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:34 pm
somitomi wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 amI'm not sure I entirely understand why Mak would respond to his own downfall by incriminating his partner.
I meant incriminating Bessie, or trying to. Otherwise, what purpose would him voting Bessie initially be? It's certainly not productive.
moody7277 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 amGoing after indies at this point, if that alignment even exists in this game, seems a waste of effort.
I agree with this. Our focus should be on eliminating scum first.
Thoughts on my read sir
Seven (she, him, their)
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:54 am
Seven wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:49 am @JC all jokes aside, what are your reads and how serious is your read on me.
Like not serious at all.

unvote

Like I said before, I am keeping up but haven't really been reading too deep. I will say that people taking my comment about how to do ISO is funny in and of itself, because I only said it since it was a big thing the last time.

It is also funny how people ask about me taking your comments at face value, then turn around and take your comments at face value.

I honestly haven't taken anything you've said at face value, because from what I have seen you tend to do this to gather attention and see how the reactions pan out.
This has to be the post that scum read JC as a power role from right? Like him admitting he isn't reading closely and wont have time to be very involved is literally a reason to NOT nk him, hes literally advertising that he wont be able to solve be conventional content based methods, thats an easy mark for scum. Someone mustve read into this thinking that his lack of motivation to scumhunt in thread was derivative of him having other means to scumhunt

Or they just NKd JC to flip him town and then use heury and JCs flips to say "lol mak bad he barely did anything D1 except for push for two townie elims"
EGW

Post by EGW »

I'm reading it now. Funnily enough, I then clicked on the link to the Ro Laren game. Anyway, thoughts in my next post.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Seven wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:38 pm
Makhaira wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 pm

You're a WIZARD, Harry.
First letter of each line
Oh wow big brain moment, why couldnt you two just have been mates to make this easy ;_;
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

somitomi wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:08 am
EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:19 pm Bessie and Somi, I would like to see your reads when you guys can. If y'all have any questions about mine feel free to ask.
Ok, snap list because I'm super not sure how much time and energy I'm gonna have later:

EGW
moody
heury
bessie
Seven <---mystery wrapped in an enigma line
wam
Makhaira
JC

No reasoning, this is D1, welcome to gut feel town
bessie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:18 am Better, but why do you believe him at all?
Because the thunderdome part is almost instantly verifiable in thread by voting someone outside the dome,
EGW wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:17 am So, how does that change your reads? Especially on Wam and Somi.
I find it quite odd that you even had to ask this.

@JC why didn't you post any of your thoughts following the realisation that you were mistaken about the vote?
Why does somi indicate there is a "mystery wrapped in an enigma" line here yet says in the same post that this is a "no reasoning, gut feel" post? Whats the point of even making this distinction if not to just "dress up" the readslist to make it seem like it has more depth than it does?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Wam wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:38 am
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:07 am Before I signed up, I said my posting will be scarce because of a new job and I'd have limited availability.
To be clear I'm not scum reading you because of the limited availability. I'm scum reading you as your thought process as shown in the thread doesn't seem to be following any logical process and is very much giving rushed scum vibes not rushed town vibes.
Can you expand on what you meant here by "rushed scum, not rushed town vibes"?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

moody7277 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:41 am Or it could be I didn't want a random vote to be part of what was obviously becoming a serious wagon.
Why not?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:19 am Town
Bessie
Wam
Mak
Seven
EGW
Heury
Moody
Somitomi
Scum
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:51 pm
EGW wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:26 pm JC, again. How does your reads change on Wam and Somi? If you have no strong feelings, why did you vote Seven while not being serious? What's your angle there?
Well, I still feel scumminess from Somi. Wam moves further down the list toward being scum, but his reply to Seven's suggestion of using his "ability" gives me pause as to voting him.
Bad look for somi here, and to some degree wam
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:33 amRanmaru's pet Iguana's Game Winning Reads
On Wam, I can agree that his posting today seems more like town putting his neck out for his town lean, and even in a scenario where Mak will likely die and likely flip scum, more town points in his favor I shall say.

On Somi, we may have opposite experiences with Somi, yes. Whenever I have seen Somi flip scum, usually they were less invested. Yet I shall keep what you have said in mind. I always think it's important to get Somi to give their reads in these cases. It's why I'm waiting on them to give some this phase.

On Moody, I've been figuring that out myself. I agree on him being town lean at this point though.

On Bessie: The points you bring up are interesting. Initially I didn't put too much stock into what you said on Bessie's intro and her suspecting you for it. I thought it made sense to me, but I would ask you re-iterate all that and your current points in one post. My main concern is still that she had Mak too high at the time of his posting. At least I put him as my weakest town read at the time, which makes more sense to me. Especially use examples from the past games you were referencing, if you have the time.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:43 pm
somitomi wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:58 am I don't really see the benefit, but whatever you do, don't do Heury vs me or something like that, it'd just make D1 even more of a waste. I'm probably biased but I think it's better not to include any "ML bait" players in the dome at all, so mafia doesn't have that easy option and we actually have some information going into D2.
You're saying I'm wrong though, so I don't see why it matters.

You've been looking into my past games... did I have a role in PyP?
EGW wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:44 pm You did. What about it?
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:46 pm Curious about something
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:51 pm I was wrong, but I thought there was a trend. Carry on.
LMAOOOOOO HOW TF DID I MISS THIS HOLY SHIT TALK ABOUT TELEGRAPHING A POWER ROLE HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
EGW

Post by EGW »

In general, with your points seven, and your reads list, I feel better about you. This may just be a new playstyle you are using. I'm going to emphasize again that people investigate Bessie upon Mak's flip.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Mak's scum flip.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

moody7277 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:39 am I've read all the way up, like how EGW is pressuring JC. Will be on at EOD, currently not voting because it would either put JC at L-1, heury at L-2, or be a futile wagon.
Weird post, you felt it was important to tell us you were all read up but then basically told us nothing about what youve concluded other than you like EGW pressuring JC which might as well be nothing
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

EGW you a making a mistake thinking Im the for sure play at this point idk what to tell you but youre dead wrong thats its me and seven, no idea how you could think my interactions with that slot is scum theater like I do not buss/distance like that
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 amOh crums, the deadline is today. Quick-ish mayonnaise post
How are your reads looking like today?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Its either seven and a passive mate or literally two coaster scum like straight up. We have a much better EV flipping seven here to see if we're in turbo snow land or "scum are just letting active town cannibalize each other" land

If seven flips town scum pretty much have to NK me otherwise Im a fucking menace to them because my daykill fucks with normal parity considerations