Votals
Osieorb18 - 2 - bessie, moody7277
Bessie - 2 - Osieorb18, the worst
Moody7277 - 2 - boomfrog, Madge
Madge - 1 - xX_wakemeup1337_Xx
The Snide Sniper - 1 - Heury

No Elim - 1 - the snide sniper
Not voting - 0

With 9 alive it takes 5 for an elimination.
bessie

Re: Secret Santa Game Thread

Post by bessie »

boomfrog wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:55 am And the order has remained the same for two days? Moody posted a strong town read of you. Normally you bite people's head off for an unsubstantiated default "Bessie is town" stance. Why have you not even brought it up?
Re Osie’s “solve”, unsurprisingly his solve supports his reads before his solve. Hmmm as if started with his end result in mind.

osieorb18 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:05 am Totally Garcia'ing here, but it's because she wouldn't want to call out a buddy.
I don’t know what you mean by this term.

osieorb18 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:08 am
boomfrog wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:37 am Because if I have to I'll defend her
Blech, this is what you want to defend:
I’ll even self vote if you ask me to.
That's never a town slot.
Your greeting to BoomFrog, and referring to me as the “what” is quite rude.

And re self voting, you are completely totally wrong. You are stuck in a mindset where you believe there is only one correct way to play mafia, and are not accommodating in accepting the possibly unique eccentricities of others and other communities.

Anyway, you are completely wrong. I could pull an old game but I would need to go through the Wayback Machine and I don’t have time.

If any xkcder want to find it, Vytron self hammered as town cop, and it did give me the info I needed to solve the game.

osieorb18 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:14 am @WMU - This is blatantly false, by the way. I questioned bessie about her pre-game-based push on Madge and she freaked out and followed up in the same post with the start of her bad faith push on me. Here's the series of relevant posts:
Why don’t you let WakeMeUp go through my posts herself and come to her own conclusions, instead of immediately distilling everything I write? What are you afraid of?

Ooooh, another post calling me a “what”.

And a third calling me “what”. And some rather anxious remarks to BoomFrog that I guess you think strengthen your case.

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:21 am I think you forgot I said your fight may be t./t so how am I looking at it from Osie's PoV?
The way you worded it. You said I “only go after Osie” which implies you are looking at this from his side.
Isn't the bolded a prejudice?
No it was a prediction based on his own words. Osie said this:
osieorb18 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:20 pm If she continues to refuse to communicate in good faith, I'll just ignore her and focus elsewhere and leave my vote on her for the rest of the game until she's eliminated.
And he’s still voting for me, so my prediction was correct.

the worst wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:14 pm If you've been waiting for this... I've already explained all of this? What are you looking for?
No I haven’t been waiting for you, but I was interested in how you think scum might slip.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Sorry BoomFrog I messed up that post because I'm in a hurry and need to leave, I meant to answer you about moody. As I said before I think moody's content is light even for him, but I think there has been enough of my content to show my meta for anyone that cares to see it.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@wmu, heury and TSS, you are failing town with your meaningless votes. Vote on one of the three viable options. Moody, Bessie or Osie.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

boomfrog wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:38 pm @wmu, heury and TSS, you are failing town with your meaningless votes. Vote on one of the three viable options. Moody, Bessie or Osie.
Okay I'm here on and off until deadline, probably. I'll shift towards Moody if necessary, but I feel like you've gotten a lot of reasons why Bessie is scum and haven't really given a towncase on her. I mostly townread you and understand that you seem to have a thought process, but at least half the thread has expressed suspicion of Bessie, so I don't get why you haven't seemed to have any consideration of her alignment. You just have seemed to assume that she's town despite her play this game.
And re self voting, you are completely totally wrong. You are stuck in a mindset where you believe there is only one correct way to play mafia, and are not accommodating in accepting the possibly unique eccentricities of others and other communities.

Anyway, you are completely wrong.
Huh, Bessie outright slipping that she's thinking of me as a town player while pushing me.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

boomfrog wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:38 pm @wmu, heury and TSS, you are failing town with your meaningless votes. Vote on one of the three viable options. Moody, Bessie or Osie.
I just came home from work, help me with the case on Moody please
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

I didn't notice anyone saying something about my read on Madge, if you think I am wrong i would like opinions
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

madge wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:50 am i'm doing another +-= post that HOPEFULLY WON"T GET FORGOTTEN TO POST UGHHHH

i do not justify or defend these scores, pitiful as they are, as i assign them very arbitrarily as i read through

heuri = +
osie = -
the worst = -+
wmu ++
boomfrog =
Are any unlisted players unchanged? Why?
osieorb18 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:08 am
boomfrog wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:37 am Because if I have to I'll defend her
Blech, this is what you want to defend:
I’ll even self vote if you ask me to.
That's never a town slot.
Your greeting to BoomFrog, and referring to me as the “what” is quite rude.
Ooooh, another post calling me a “what”.

And a third calling me “what”.
And... Bessie taking posts clearly about her play as being about her personally for the sake of trying to make her play look better and to shade me and make at least my play look bad.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:17 pm I didn't notice anyone saying something about my read on Madge, if you think I am wrong i would like opinions
Madge is high in my PoE as of my team solve both individually and in terms of teams, but I'm not certain that she's the elim for D1; I'd rather solve in Moody/Bessie first, the former fitting on a lot of the most likely teams, and the latter being by far the most individually scummy player.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

osieorb18 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:29 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:17 pm I didn't notice anyone saying something about my read on Madge, if you think I am wrong i would like opinions
Madge is high in my PoE as of my team solve both individually and in terms of teams, but I'm not certain that she's the elim for D1; I'd rather solve in Moody/Bessie first, the former fitting on a lot of the most likely teams, and the latter being by far the most individually scummy player.
I am concerned that Moody is almost consensus scum read and no one defends him, also he isn't here to say anything.
Like everyone is ok with his chop and that seems odd
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

bessie wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:34 pm Sorry BoomFrog I messed up that post because I'm in a hurry and need to leave, I meant to answer you about moody. As I said before I think moody's content is light even for him, but I think there has been enough of my content to show my meta for anyone that cares to see it.
Osie won't be the elim, but you very well might be. If you need to leave for work I suggest you lock your vote in on Moody unless you have strong town feelings from him. But it seems to me that you are neutral at best.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:15 pm
  • Moody fits on a lot of likely teams.
  • Moody has been inorganically positioning themself throughout the thread.
  • Moody is lacking in content throughout the Day despite being present. Not much to their posts AND not many of them.
  • Moody had a list of reads but never really explained it, instead just summarizing the thread like busy work.
TL;DR - Moody seems to be trying to fly under the radar while keeping themself open to doing whatever they feel like doing.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:15 pm I just came home from work, help me with the case on Moody please
Madge is a crap shoot D1 in general, I've seen nothing alignment indicative from her all Day, she just really doesn't care about D1 as either alignment. She is a decent shot at scum by PoE, but I think Moody is actively scummy.

He usually has at least something to say about every player but he only posted one post giving reads on like 5 players. One of those reads was a strong town read of Bessie. Imo, there was no way to support that read and I called him out on it. He's been active on the thread since then but completely ignored discussing his read with me even though I'm his other strong town read and he should be concerned with working together with me.

His behavior is 100% trying to avoid confrontation, not work on solving the game.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

osieorb18 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:52 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:15 pm
  • Moody fits on a lot of likely teams.
  • Moody has been inorganically positioning themself throughout the thread.
  • Moody is lacking in content throughout the Day despite being present. Not much to their posts AND not many of them.
  • Moody had a list of reads but never really explained it, instead just summarizing the thread like busy work.
TL;DR - Moody seems to be trying to fly under the radar while keeping themself open to doing whatever they feel like doing.
@Bessie, @heury: this is why Osie is town. He's trying to solve and tracking each player.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:49 pm
I am concerned that Moody is almost consensus scum read and no one defends him, also he isn't here to say anything.
If he's scum he's probably got one buddy, also Moody's standard scum okay is to never drag down a teammate, so he'd advise his mate to not defend him and even bus early.

The fact that he's consensus scum but I've barely drummed up a single vote on him is very telling actually. If Bessie was scum and Moody town then Bessie and/or her partner would have found a reason to vote Moody by now.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

boomfrog wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:57 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:15 pm I just came home from work, help me with the case on Moody please
Madge is a crap shoot D1 in general, I've seen nothing alignment indicative from her all Day, she just really doesn't care about D1 as either alignment. She is a decent shot at scum by PoE, but I think Moody is actively scummy.

He usually has at least something to say about every player but he only posted one post giving reads on like 5 players. One of those reads was a strong town read of Bessie. Imo, there was no way to support that read and I called him out on it. He's been active on the thread since then but completely ignored discussing his read with me even though I'm his other strong town read and he should be concerned with working together with me.

His behavior is 100% trying to avoid confrontation, not work on solving the game.
This site has an unique playstyle, and until i get it i have to ask: scum here are not defending each other?
The thread is very quiet, is like scum are ok with the wagons
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Ebwop: scum plan*
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

boomfrog wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:01 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:49 pm

If he's scum he's probably got one buddy, also Moody's standard scum okay is to never drag down a teammate, so he'd advise his mate to not defend him and even bus early.

The fact that he's consensus scum but I've barely drummed up a single vote on him is very telling actually. If Bessie was scum and Moody town then Bessie and/or her partner would have found a reason to vote Moody by now.
That makes sense

Vote Moody
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Would Eliminate:

Bessie, Moody, Madge, maybe Heury

Probably not:

Sniper, WMU

Are you out of your mind?:

Worst, Boomfrog
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

osieorb18 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:04 pm Would Eliminate:

Bessie, Moody, Madge, maybe Heury

Probably not:

Sniper, WMU

Are you out of your mind?:

Worst, Boomfrog
I want to understand your TR for the worst.
Please enlighten me
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:02 pm

This site has an unique playstyle, and until i get it i have to ask: scum here are not defending each other?
Yes, I'd say scum are very cautious about being too obvious about working together.

Btw, @osie: this is why Moody and Bessie aren't mates. They are the only two votes on you and Moody wouldn't have given the random strong town read on Bessie. I'm reluctant to post this since it will lead you to the conclusion that only Bessie is scum but keep it in mind for later Days.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

I have the impression I don't know him well enough to read him, so I need details.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Do we have plurality or majority?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:02 pm

I think players are in a lot of different time zones and also it is a longer phase game so players are more used to not being around every single 24 hours to post a lot of stuff. It's not too surprising in the end, but it is a little concerning at times since about half of the players are definitely around but not really contributing solid reads. Moody, bessie, sniper, madge, Heury...

There's a decent chance that both scum are in that list by the nature of the game, but there's an even higher chance given that they've all kind of been here but not really actively trying to sort.

Sniper and Heury are more forgivable. The rest have too much experience and too much activity across games for that to just be discounted.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:07 pm Do we have plurality or majority?
Plurality at deadline is sufficient