Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap - Day 7

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap - Day 5

Post by Seven »

Oh my god Jim why do you keep stabbing me in the gut lmao.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I swear the only time you've ever town read me is when we were masons.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@Mod: what is the cult win condition? (if you can say)
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap - Day 4

Post by Seven »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 am d) bessie (or cult) somehow killed me (hence my cryonicist question), implying Seven killed BoomFrog as claimed.
e) Mafia killed me and bessie (or cult) killed BoomFrog.
Why on earth would mafia!me claim the kill in either of these scenarios?
Seven (she, him, their)
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:27 am Oh my god Jim why do you keep stabbing me in the gut lmao.
My main concern is my D1 read of you and the fact that bessie flipped on her death, rather than being rezzable. I have no answer to why, and it concerns me, given that one plausible answer is that Mafia!Seven has a permanent super kill.

Earlier, I had this as my list of scum teams:
Mafia: {wam, moody} or {Seven, TSS/Zenii} or {wam, Seven} or {wam, TSS/Zenii} or {wam, somitomi} or {somitomi, TSS/Zenii}
With Zeniba essentially confirmed Cult, this leaves:
Wam/moody
Wam/Seven
Wam/somitomi

In other words, if my earlier vote-based buddy analysis is correct, wam is the best candidate for elimination, since he's guaranteed to be in the remaining scum team. It would be rude to eliminate him though before he's had a chance to post.

Should we be mass claiming today? From my point of view, I don't think it will solve anything, but maybe it will for one of the other players?
jimbobmacdoodle

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:33 am
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 am d) bessie (or cult) somehow killed me (hence my cryonicist question), implying Seven killed BoomFrog as claimed.
To try to gain Town credit on the basis of claiming a kill? My earlier logic suggested you aren't Mafia due to the super kill, but that logic was based on the assumption that Mafia can't have two kills. If Mafia!you thought along the same lines, this would point to a good opportunity to try to get yourself ruled out as Mafia.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:35 am
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:27 am Oh my god Jim why do you keep stabbing me in the gut lmao.
My main concern is my D1 read of you and the fact that bessie flipped on her death, rather than being rezzable. I have no answer to why, and it concerns me, given that one plausible answer is that Mafia!Seven has a permanent super kill
That's all the more reason against the idea that mafia!me claimed the kill. Like do you think I'm just some sort of bafoonagus that claims his scum kill and announces my uber powerful kill power?
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:39 am
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:33 am
To try to gain Town credit on the basis of claiming a kill? My earlier logic suggested you aren't Mafia due to the super kill, but that logic was based on the assumption that Mafia can't have two kills. If Mafia!you thought along the same lines, this would point to a good opportunity to try to get yourself ruled out as Mafia.
But in both of these scenarios you have someone else doing the other kill. In the case of e I'd get counterclaimed, and in the case of d, if someone came out that they killed you then people would know I was mafia.
Seven (she, him, their)
jimbobmacdoodle

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:42 am
My main concern is my D1 read of you and the fact that bessie flipped on her death, rather than being rezzable. I have no answer to why, and it concerns me, given that one plausible answer is that Mafia!Seven has a permanent super kill
That's all the more reason against the idea that mafia!me claimed the kill. Like do you think I'm just some sort of bafoonagus that claims his scum kill and announces my uber powerful kill power?
If you were the only Mafia member left (e.g. you were somi's buddy), then definitely yes. You have been in a dangerous position all game, so a gambit like that is plausible (especially as you may not have had a choice in your kill being super powered). That being said, everything else points to this not being the case. In particular, it occurred to me as I just thought about it, Mafia!you wouldn't know the cause of my death in this situation, so there would have been a real risk that town!somebody would counterclaim you, leading to your loss. Conclusion: I'm fairly confident the scum team is moody/wam or somitomi/wam. If not, nicely played gambler!Seven!

Ninja'ed by Seven pointing out the thing I just thought of.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

My main concern is my D1 read of you and the fact that bessie flipped on her death, rather than being rezzable. I have no answer to why, and it concerns me, given that one plausible answer is that Mafia!Seven has a permanent super kill.
I was thinking that not being able to be rezzed could just be a property of the role for balance reasons.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Seven (she, him, their)
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

If you guys are both happy with wam, I think I'm just going to hammer. Much as I'd like to give wam the opportunity to defend himself, I think makes things messier if we end up with a quick noon phase and someone rezzing.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I agree with hammer @Laser.

One thing though, TSS claimed Phoenix, so if it is Wam/Moody she'll very likely be revived. If you're killed that leaves us in a potential stalemate doesn't it? (I'm not sure how cults win.)
Seven (she, him, their)
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

TSS may have been lying, but he said he only rezzed on NK if memory serves.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

I think whether or not TSS is raised we need to hit mafia to not lose anyway.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Ah, sweet
Seven (she, him, their)
jimbobmacdoodle

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:51 am
I was thinking that not being able to be rezzed could just be a property of the role for balance reasons.
Yes, this is plausible. It's also possible that a reason for a lack of her being rezzable is due to a restriction on the remaining rezzer being similar in some way to yours (e.g. restricted by who she voted for). I'm just going to take a quick look at her vote record to see if this is viable. Otherwise, I plan on doing a review of the Seven/moody interactions to confirm my previous belief that they aren't buddies.

Ninja'ed. On the other hand, I guess that point's moot if the two of you are happy with a wam-hammer (a wammer? :lol: ).

On Seven's point, usually cult win here by being in the majority, or nothing being able to prevent that, same as Town or Mafia. If wam/moody with a rezzing CL!Zeniba, and a killed!LaserGuy, we'll be at either 2-1-1 or 1-1-2. In the latter case, Mafia has to kill Cult following a No Lynch and town becomes kingmaker. In the former case, we have to eliminate the other Mafia member and then hope Cult recruit fails again for whatever reason. On the other hand, Mafia could kill Zeniba instead tonight, leaving 3-1, and likely a town win, but a non-zero chance of a Mafia win.
jimbobmacdoodle

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:00 am I think whether or not TSS is raised we need to hit mafia to not lose anyway.
Assuming there are two living Mmafia members anyway.

Going in shower and breakfast now. If you want to hammer wam, don't let me stop you (I still say it's a little rude, but hey ho!)
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Madge is here so maybe we get a result right away?

2x Vote: Wam
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Was Suzaku Cult or Town at the time of his second death? I'm assuming the town bit is the faction and "Cult Cop" his role. Please confirm!
Suzaku was town at the time of his second death.
Seven wrote: Mod: what is the cult win condition? (if you can say)
Standard wincon, taking into consideration the multiball nature of the setup.

That was hammer, thank you for not posting afterwards. I will let Madge do the official announcements when she has time, please be patient.
madge

Post by madge »

That's hammer.

Final votals:

Wam (3) - Seven, Laserguy

Wam has been eliminated.

Somitomi was eliminated by the group vote on Day 3. He was Edward Cullen, Town Resurrector.

Zenbi has been resurrected. She will be permitted to take night actions but may not post until Day 6.

It is now Night.

Day 6 will start in about 22 hours, but as always may end early if all actions are received and all chatting is done.

madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Wam

Post by Wam »

I'm back!

I'm 99%tss/zenni were the cult leader. They were clearly trying to use unsuccessful recruits as a cop so that makes seven unrecrutiable. Which means that either they are mafia or for balance reasons the mods disnt want an extra kill going to the cult.

Rapid reads wise I'm at

Town
Laser -cant see double vote being anti town
Jimbob - town read for a while
Seven - need to reasess
Moody - scum by POE.
madge

Re: Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap - Day 6

Post by madge »

The Pizzazz Posse Facebook Group has 17 members.

Wam was eliminated by the Town vote yesterday. He was Futurama, mafia Resurrector.

LaserGuy was killed in the night. He was The Fab Five, town Double Voting One-Shot Resurrector.

All dead players should have had their role flip. Please let me know if I missed any (they are all in the OP, anyway).

It is now dawn on Day 6. Dusk starts in about 3 days, 10 hours.

4 players alive, 3 to eliminate.

There 1 member currently in the cult.

Last edited by madge on Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Vote: Zeniba

Death to the cult!
moody7277

Re: Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap - Day 6

Post by moody7277 »

No point in keeping up the charade. Town screwed themselves when they "poweryeeted" wam before seeing if Zeniba rezzed, as she has. So it is now 2-1-1. You elim me, Zeniba recruits tonight and it's 2-1 cult wins. We elim Zeniba, and we'll see how Madge handles a 1-1 scum and town situation (if it's a race to see who votes first at 3:00 am CDT, so help me... :evil:). I imagine she was trying to recruit LG for the same reason I NKed him, that sweet sweet double vote. And about bessie:
Seven wrote:Thanks wam/moody
De nada.