Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
patzer

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by patzer »

Halloween Mafia 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I'm definitely feeling the impacts of my rustiness here. I'm just really really hoping Heury does turn out to be scum, because if not then the mob will absolutely be after me next (and also would probably be understandably suspicious of my accidental hammer vote)- and if we vote out town!heury in day 1 followed by me on day 2, we won't have much of a hope.
madge

Post by madge »

Also you all know that you are feeding my RAVENOUS EGO with your flavour compliments?

(that said the more you compliment the flavour the more I go all-in, so this is win-win-win)
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
madge

Post by madge »

Halloween 21
:!:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I wonder how Bessie feels about the role she got? I'm very curious. I was quite concerned when she drew it tbh, but I wanted to know how she'd strategise. I forget, does bessie normally post spoilers? Bessie is of course the person I ask these questions to, but I don't want to ask her because that feels too meta.

In terms of the actual game, town has drawn badly today. Two trackers on Bessie, lol.

I wonder how the two people with res powers are going to use them? You'd think Suzaku would be a natural target as he's likely not cult, so I expect to see him back.

I'm really worried people will die before I can post their facebook post. I have one for everyone but I am planning on putting them out when I do the votals for people who are high so hopefully that will work, but it means that I can't really anticipate the mafia kill - got v lucky that Suzaku happened to be the one I decided could write the "let's send SaBRAR flowers" post.

Also, this means every game I mod from now on Town will speculate, but the flavour *does* hint whether the last cycle was good for town or not through whether Madge and Sabrar get closer together.

@spectators: any ideas for parent trap ideas that Town can spring on Sabrar+Madge?
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Haloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Someone bribed me to leave Facebook, which is what "killed" me.
Found out that boomfrog is not cult, not that that helps much at the moment.

Also - GAH! it's hard not to read spoilers right now!!
Pronouns: he/him/his
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it.
Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.
-- Perlis's Programming Proverb #58, SIGPLAN Notices, Sept. 1982
Wam

Post by Wam »

Halloween mafia

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
so we killed suzaku apologies. If all the flips are at noon that's going to make the first half each day a bit weird and dead. If we dont get all the flips or flips until much later that makes the game more scumsided which will help.

Otherwise still managing to get town read always a bonus! I think theres a chance town are in the minority already. If huery and suzaku are town and dont get resurrected. That means it is at least 4 anti town and 5 town. If there is a delayed recruit (noon) or another anti town faction or even a genuine neutral it could be 4 4 1 or 5 4 the wrong way.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I wonder if Madge realizes that by not having immediate flips and the general reluctance of power roles to claim has continued D1 conditions that she despises into the first part of D2. She also decided that my Phoenix persona is an Irish Doctor Who character (O'ody), much to my confusion and amusement.
madge

Post by madge »

moody7277 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:00 pm Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I wonder if Madge realizes that by not having immediate flips and the general reluctance of power roles to claim has continued D1 conditions that she despises into the first part of D2. She also decided that my Phoenix persona is an Irish Doctor Who character (O'ody), much to my confusion and amusement.
Halloween 2021 (moody may read)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Oh, if you could be a fly on the wall on me and Sabrar's email chain about this very issue! There's a reason we have gotten divorced :lol:

For real, I am upset about the lack of flips, and even more upset about the fact that it's extended the D1 meta.

But Sabrar made a very convincing case for it, and I trust him on matters of game balance which I don't want to fuck with.

(If the pizzazz posse wins then please know that you will get the pure unadulterated madge game you were hoping for, but you will also find out that it'll be horribly unbalanced and no fun in a completely different way.)

Oh and I had way too much fun thinking of real names for everyone :). Boomfrog and Wam are my favourites, so stay tuned!
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

Halloween 2021 (all may read)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So with all of the praise for madge's flavor I should say that when I saw the amount of flavor I actually thought the game was going to be in-character, i.e. we would be roleplaying.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

@TSS (all may read)/Halloween 2021:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Sometimes people actually do go all-in with the role-playing, but usually it doesn't last long because it hides too much.
jimbobmacdoodle

Halloween 2021:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Originally planned to track LaserGuy, but changed my mind to bessie. Unfortunately, she didn't visit anyone, which is very boring.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
If mafia are supposed to have it easier because they can "fake" their reads, then I must be doing something wrong because I just spent 2 hours on that last wall.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I am town

Now how do I avoid getting culted Image
Last edited by Seven on Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

@Seven - is that for the Halloween game? If so, can you label it, please?
madge

Post by madge »

Until she labels it I confirm that it's for the Halloween game
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Oh man, sorry!
Seven (she, him, their)
jimbobmacdoodle

Halloween 2021:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
If patzer is telling the truth, I think I'll be watching either her or LaserGuy tonight. Very convenient timing in that sense. Mafia are very unlikely to want to kill anybody who isn't confirmed town after all. I think it's very likely there's a cop, although not distinguishing cult from town is a bit off, in my opinion, in this setup. If there is no cop, then patzer's claim is unfortunately pretty safe, assuming she's mafia - mafia!patzer will know who is/isn't mafia.
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Haloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Wam wrote:So assuming patzer is telling the truth there is presumably a cult and or survivor cop out there. Just as a note if that is you don't claim!
Well there was a cult cop out there until some bugger killed him on N1.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Halloween Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I'm coming to the realisation that I like playing mafia more than I like playing town. Town's boring, you actually have to work stuff out by reading stuff in the thread :lol:
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Wam

Post by Wam »

Halloween mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
why did suzkaku quote me. Paranoia is spiking!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Is jimbob trying to soft that he's real cop?

Also contemplating claiming survivor if I need to, just to get through the day and use my shot.

Also contemplating shooting boomfrog because when will I ever have such an opportunity again :P
Seven (she, him, their)
patzer

Post by patzer »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
To any town people reading this later- I'm sorry for evidently messing up play so disastrously I had to come out with a role as major as that on day 2.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Dammit BoomFrog stop being townie, I want to shoot you :cry:
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

patzer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:14 pm Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
To any town people reading this later- I'm sorry for evidently messing up play so disastrously I had to come out with a role as major as that on day 2.
Halloween (Patzer may NOT read until after the game; don't worry though it quickly devolves into a rambling aside about ME ME ME ME ME)

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Don't feel too bad. I personally am of the opinion that on early days people have these really baseless reads that remain by osmosis. Like, you were the second option yesterday so you're up in peoples' minds. It's the sort of thing that's hard to shake.

All the work associated with reads, combined with how bad I am at it (like seriously I know who scum is but I can't make a case for them more than any other player out there), means that the joy of playing the game for me has always been about claims and counterclaims and reads are just there to enable that.

I'm glad that people here seem to like me enough that I can have my meta as being bad at the game and not doing reads and get away with it, but overall I think I enjoy modding more. I'm going to be more selective about the games I play as a result, though I did enjoy being a replacement as they were almost always needed for whatever reason and you generally get to come into the game where there's information
madge

Post by madge »

Nvm
Last edited by madge on Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Welp, Boom is back on the hit list. The moody push is :? and his EoD attempt at keeping Pat alive doesn't feel like he's really trying. Heck I wouldn't even be surprised if he and moody were mafia. I was going to shoot somi but Grr
Seven (she, him, their)