Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap - Day 7

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

You've got to allow time for people to discuss your claim, counter-claim, and potentially switch off or onto your wagon. When you do that may depend on your timezone. I'll be around at deadline, so can switch last minute, if needed (and I agree with your claim), but that isn't the case for other players. Also, don't forget that someone might decide to rez you, if they haven't got better targets, so if you claim, and we decide to spare you, and mafia decide they need to kill you, we might be able to bring you back, forcing mafia to waste another kill, whilst you're likely to get at least one night to do something.

Without knowing your role (assuming you are town), I cannot judge the balance of whether it's worth claiming now or not.
jimbobmacdoodle

Ninja'ed by patzer - warning the "Quick Reply" button doesn't appear to prompt if there were ninja posts. I honestly don't know how to take a scum read on me, given how it's a complete opposite to everyone else's read of me (I think aside from themselves and Suzaku, nearly every player has me as top townie!). I actually am inclined to give some minor townie points for it, for refusing to just slide by.
patzer

Post by patzer »

I doubt there is any resurrection ability other than the phoenix, but we'll see... I'm of course somewhat skeptical of your arguments but I do see your point. Will do it if others agree with you.
Wam

Post by Wam »

patzer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:36 am I doubt there is any resurrection ability other than the phoenix, but we'll see... I'm of course somewhat skeptical of your arguments but I do see your point. Will do it if others agree with you.
If this is true why dont we have suzaku's flip.
patzer

Post by patzer »

Wam wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:43 am
patzer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:36 am I doubt there is any resurrection ability other than the phoenix, but we'll see... I'm of course somewhat skeptical of your arguments but I do see your point. Will do it if others agree with you.
I would assume all flips are hidden until all resurrections are used up? Revealing suzaku but not heury would be kind of blatant
jimbobmacdoodle

patzer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:45 am
Wam wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:43 am
I would assume all flips are hidden until all resurrections are used up? Revealing suzaku but not heury would be kind of blatant
You just said that you only expected the phoenix ability. Are you suggesting there's more than one phoenix?
Wam

Post by Wam »

Jimbob beat me to.it.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

patzer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:36 am I doubt there is any resurrection ability other than the phoenix, but we'll see...
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
patzer

Post by patzer »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:47 am You just said that you only expected the phoenix ability. Are you suggesting there's more than one phoenix?
No? If it is a phoenix ability, all resurrections would be used up once it activated. And it has activated...
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

patzer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:52 am
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:47 am You just said that you only expected the phoenix ability. Are you suggesting there's more than one phoenix?
No? If it is a phoenix ability, all resurrections would be used up once it activated. And it has activated...
Suzaku would have flipped then still. The rules say a person flips when they can no longer be resurrected. Can you acknowledge that there are 11 players? Also, are you going to claim?
Seven (she, him, their)
patzer

Post by patzer »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:54 am Suzaku would have flipped then still. The rules say a person flips when they can no longer be resurrected.
Interesting, thanks for that info. It helps.
Can you acknowledge that there are 11 players?
...yes? Well, ten now :P
Also, are you going to claim?
Guess I'll have to.

I'm a cop. LaserGuy is not mafia. That's all the information I have- I don't get info on cult/survivor status.

Hopefully this info can help later on in the game if nothing else.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

patzer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:21 amBoomfrog, Somi, Laserguy, Moody, Wam, Sniper, Bessie, Jimbob. And obviously Seven at the bottom
Why Laser's placement here?
Seven (she, him, their)
patzer

Post by patzer »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:04 am
patzer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:21 amBoomfrog, Somi, Laserguy, Moody, Wam, Sniper, Bessie, Jimbob. And obviously Seven at the bottom
Why Laser's placement here?
Didn't want to let on more than I actually knew pre-claiming. I'd been suspicious of Laser on D1 so had I shoved him up to first place in my latest reads list, it'd have essentially outed what I knew.
patzer

Post by patzer »

ebwop To be clear, yes, my genuine positioning of him would have been in first.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Can you investigate every night?

Vote: somi
Seven (she, him, their)
jimbobmacdoodle

Unvote

To prevent a risk of quick hammer (I think it's unlikely, but want to allow a chance for people to digest patzer's claim).

@patzer - is that all there is to your role, or do you have other aspects you haven't claimed? No need to claim what.

Ninja'ed by Seven with basically the same question, but less subtly.
patzer

Post by patzer »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:11 am Can you investigate every night?
Yep. Role says that assuming no interference with my action I can investigate every night and get a result of mafia/non-mafia
patzer

Post by patzer »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:13 am @patzer - is that all there is to your role, or do you have other aspects you haven't claimed? No need to claim what.
that's it
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Ok, there's no way you should be yeeted then (barring a counter claim). Unfortunately, that leads to me as the next candidate. Anything I can do to convince you guys to give me another day?
Seven (she, him, their)
Wam

Post by Wam »

So assuming patzer is telling the truth there is presumably a cult and or survivor cop out there. Just as a note if that is you don't claim!

I'm going back and forth on thee claim, but the mafia only cop bit is making wonder if scum patzer would make that up.
jimbobmacdoodle

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:20 am Ok, there's no way you should be yeeted then (barring a counter claim). Unfortunately, that leads to me as the next candidate. Anything I can do to convince you guys to give me another day?
If you're the Survivor, you could claim and then try to persuade us why we should leave you to later/let mafia try to kill you.

Side thought: patzer's cop claim doesn't mean they're town, even if there are no counter-claims and patzer is in fact a cop. I think there likely is one or more cops in this game and I think it's likely they're town, but this is Madge we're talking about... I could see a way for Survivor!patzer to be a cop, for example. Still, without a counter-claim, I don't think I'll be voting patzer again today.

@wam:

Mafia!patzer could be claiming in the hope that there is no town cop, and then would know they can safely say who is/isn't mafia without accidentally picking the wrong person who later flips and reveals they are e.g. the Survivor.

I also think it's likely that there are drawbacks to most "traditional" town roles in this game. Mafia-only would be a plausible cop drawback. This is why I was asking about it.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

patzer wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:51 pm Oh, I just thought recently “hang on, I’ve been assuming the cult converts people and expands in size like that, and we’ve all been taking that for granted, but I don’t remember if it was ever confirmed” so wanted to check to make sure I wasn’t inadvertently overlooking stuff.
Well, that's kind of standard mafia terminology (cult recruits, mafia kills), so I'm not sure
bessie wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:08 am Just so everyone is perfectly clear on this, Seven is Zenii on xkcd and Xivii on Smashboards (did somitomi not remember?). More on Zen below.
I did and I recall this difference in the use of votes coming up in WWZ as well, which is why I poked fun at it. The phrasing ended up confusing because a dumb reference to a Steven Universe scene hijacked it.
somitomi wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:05 am
bessie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:41 am I don’t disagree that the scenario that you outlined in the quote is a possibility, and I never said I did. I am suspicious that you do not agree that the scenario that I outlined is a possibility. And it make me think that my scenario might be more possible than yours, which is why you are trying to discredit it.
Well, I can say the same about the scenario you outlined, I don't think it's impossible and I never said that. I just consider it somewhat unlikely, because I don't think the advantage to mafia is as great as you put it. But this has been discussed thoroughly enough.
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:20 am Mainly because I think if Wam is scum, Sniper is his partner based on these:

viewtopic.php?p=7200#p7200 (rule of 3)
viewtopic.php?p=7202#p7202 (something about this doesn't fit together right to me)
And how does the Snide Sniper+Wam team lead to the conclusion that I'm the cult?
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:02 am Ninja edit @wam: I think it's too on the nose, especially because someone had mentioned that as a possibility before, yet she continued doing it.
Well, suddenly stopping when it's pointed out would've been a bit of a smoking gun, although taking refuge in audacity isn't something I'd expect from a player who's a little rusty. Seems more like a Boomfrog move.
Wam wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 am I get vibes of wanting an elim that is anyone but seven in there. But tbh I got similar vibes from town seven in wwz.
Yeah, town-Seven is often erratic in a way that looks suspicious, which makes reading her kinda hard.
patzer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:21 am Now an obvious question, given the decent chance of a survivor!Seven, is how plausible a jimbob-bessie scum team is.
Wow, a bessie-jimbob team is... kinda out there.
patzer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:45 am I would assume all flips are hidden until all resurrections are used up? Revealing suzaku but not heury would be kind of blatant
But why didn't we get the flip at noon along with Heury's resurrection then?

I was gonna do a list here, but patzer's claim just ninja'd me and I have even less of an idea what's going on. It's high time I did the reread I've been putting off...
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Repost to correct messed up quote tags....
bessie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:41 am I don’t disagree that the scenario that you outlined in the quote is a possibility, and I never said I did. I am suspicious that you do not agree that the scenario that I outlined is a possibility. And it make me think that my scenario might be more possible than yours, which is why you are trying to discredit it.
Well, I can say the same about the scenario you outlined, I don't think it's impossible and I never said that. I just consider it somewhat unlikely, because I don't think the advantage to mafia is as great as you put it. But this has been discussed thoroughly enough.
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:20 am Mainly because I think if Wam is scum, Sniper is his partner based on these:

viewtopic.php?p=7200#p7200 (rule of 3)
viewtopic.php?p=7202#p7202 (something about this doesn't fit together right to me)
And how does the Snide Sniper+Wam team lead to the conclusion that I'm the cult?
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:02 am Ninja edit @wam: I think it's too on the nose, especially because someone had mentioned that as a possibility before, yet she continued doing it.
Well, suddenly stopping when it's pointed out would've been a bit of a smoking gun, although taking refuge in audacity isn't something I'd expect from a player who's a little rusty. Seems more like a Boomfrog move.
Wam wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 am I get vibes of wanting an elim that is anyone but seven in there. But tbh I got similar vibes from town seven in wwz.
Yeah, town-Seven is often erratic in a way that looks suspicious, which makes reading her kinda hard.
patzer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:21 am Now an obvious question, given the decent chance of a survivor!Seven, is how plausible a jimbob-bessie scum team is.
Wow, a bessie-jimbob team is... kinda out there.
patzer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:45 am I would assume all flips are hidden until all resurrections are used up? Revealing suzaku but not heury would be kind of blatant
But why didn't we get the flip at noon along with Heury's resurrection then?

I was gonna do a list here, but patzer's claim just ninja'd me and I have even less of an idea what's going on. It's high time I did the reread I've been putting off...
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Wam

Post by Wam »

@Jimbob, no town cop is a big gamble for scum patzer to pull.
Wam

Post by Wam »

unvote

For now