Baldur's Gate Mafia (Absolute Power)

What you're all really here for.
bessie

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 2)

Post by bessie »

Daily bark!
Wam wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:26 am Bessie how do you find this scummy https://ramenchef.net/nxf/viewtopic.php?p=65439#p65439
But say RL events taken 100% face value we all know something can come up and Mak hadn't come back with any reason so could have a good excuse?
Bessie then does recant this day 2 in reads list want to see the rest of the list.
Mak said he would be there, but he wasn’t so that was suspicious. Mak explained his absence, so the suspicion was revoked per xkcd tradition.
Wam wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:26 am There is a weird flip/interaction with Mak, kind of feels forced. Part of me wonders if bessie and a partner decide mak was the play and she's trying to force jt.
I was ok with Mak on D1 based on his D1 content. I am reevaluating Mak on D2, based on his D2 content.

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:30 pm Bessie: Bessie has town telled Day 1 and Day 2. I've noticed her reads come late or she misses it for that day, but I am aware she is very busy.
bessie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:34 amWam – He gave an early town-scum list which I like, but little else.
However, this quote is concerning to me if Mak is mafia. She has him really high for the content he posted at the time. Having been scum with her in the past, I know that she has a very hard time bussing. Yet, on Day 2 she is fine pushing Mak on his nonsense. So, I'm going to put her as my weakest town read, however I will implore anyone to investigate her in the case Mak flips scum here.
Replacing the Wam quote with the correct Mak quote:
bessie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:34 am Makhaira – Not enough for a real read but I like what little he has posted.
EGW, there is a slight difference between both reads. I am a strong advocate of ordered town-scum lists and I say it in almost every game; so often that I’m not going to use any of my precious game time looking for an example unless you really want one. So this earned some points with me for Wam, even though he had very little other content. With Mak, I actually liked his post and his responses to you (responses are just below the original post on page 7). The first response seemed genuine, the first sentence was a joke and the second was a direct response. The second response post also seemed genuine, although it was a weak read/response but he didn’t contradict his earlier read. Mak was higher on my list because he had an allowance for being V/LA.

Do you want to ask me any questions regarding the Mak read?
EGW

Post by EGW »

bessie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:49 amDo you want to ask me any questions regarding the Mak read?
Fair enough. I'm curious how you feel about my point of him voting you, and suddenly switching to voting Seven.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:43 pm Yes, and early.
Then how would I town tell day 1? Additionally, how would you ever read me when I'm wrong?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven
Early gambit is NAI for Seven. I didn’t like how he misinterpreted my confirmation post analysis/suspicion because he has played with me a lot and he knows better. Also I think him misposting the Stellaris post was odd and I don’t see how he made that mistake. And it also had nothing to do with my suspicion or my point.
Early claim for no reason. [-1] Note that Seven keeps talking about how he is going to use this claimed power, but has not yet used it.
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:09 am Yes. Do you find our death tunnel spiral to be fruitful?
Not liking Seven’s choice of metaphor I think he was throwing some shade at me.
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:20 pm
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:42 am I'm leaning on Somi not running such a Gambit as scum.
@Ran, I actually think this is towny from Heury.
What changed your heury read?
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:57 pm My issue with you is that it always seems like you're gaslighting me, but I've come to see that you genuinely think you are being clear when you aren't. "I don't like your confirmation post" is not a reason. "posting game content in your confirmation post" IS a reason.
Again, I think Seven’s choice of words is deliberate to shade me.
More talk about his power that he didn’t use.
Why open with a vote on Mak when he hadn’t posted yet? Do you like have an investigative result on him? [/sarcasm]
I like his defense of me for my hammer. He didn’t need to do that and could have just waited to see what I would say.
I like that he is pushing Mak for content. D2 content is a little light (for Seven).
Continuing ping: I really don’t like that Seven claimed early for no reason. Seven still not using this claimed power makes it even more suspicious. What was his real reason for claiming?

somitomi
Early posts ping me a bit. His first post starts off apologizing for incoherent posts which is one of the things that I find suspicious in general. He mixed up his quote responses in his second post, made two posts dodging the question as to why, and finally implies that he did it deliberately because he thought it would be funny. I also was suspicious that he seemed to take Seven’s claim at face value, then later questions JC for taking Seven at face value.

I want to make note of this (again) because it pinged me:
somitomi wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:58 am
Seven wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:24 am If I'm going to use my ability today, it needs to be within the next 19 hours. If anyone is against me using it, speak your piece. Also if you don't have a serious vote down, I would get one down as I am going to base it off that.
I don't really see the benefit, but whatever you do, don't do Heury vs me or something like that, it'd just make D1 even more of a waste. I'm probably biased but I think it's better not to include any "ML bait" players in the dome at all, so mafia doesn't have that easy option and we actually have some information going into D2.
So by “ML bait” somi is referring to himself, heury, and Wam.

Town-scum list, gut, no explanations, still good. +1
Interesting his read of Mak is exactly opposite of mine.
@somitomi why was it so important to you that JC vote? Nevermind, explained in first post of D2.
I like this post. I think he noted EGW’s Mak comment for a valid reason. And I like his pointed out the hammer thing to Mak instead of just sitting back and waiting to see where it went.
somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:56 pm Yeah, that's not a good look, although paranoid-me is sitting in the corner asking "why has there been no pushback against the Mak elim?"
I’m interested in your thoughts on Wam’s Mak read.

Got to take a break and feed Hoku.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

One of you plucks the dagger off the altar to examine it. A curved metal blade, wicked sharp, with a curious globe in the centre, filled with shadow. As soon as they hold the knife aloft, the shadows deepen and seem to cling to your skin, cold and black. The torches sputter and the light dwindles. You can make out in the inky darkness the point of the blade, reflecting in the light, swinging of its own volition, pointing at one of your comrades. To your horror, out from the back of the hilt, a second blade, a thin stilleto needle, emerges from the hilt, pointed at the wielder's chest. The blade seems to be fighting against their grip, seeking one or the other.

A deep voice seems to fill the chamber. Not the voice in your head, but something else, something dark, twisted.

A sacrifice to Bhaal is demanded. None shall leave until His thirst is quenched. Choose or perish.

A duel has been compelled. The only players available for voting for today are Seven and Makhaira. Votes to other players (including no elimination) will not be counted.

Current votes have been reset.

Votals
Not voting: bessie, somitomi, moody, EGW, Makhira, Wam, Seven

With 7 alive it takes 4 to hammer. Deadline is Tuesday, April 16 at 9pm. Deadline timer
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:46 am
EGW wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:43 pm Yes, and early.
Then how would I town tell day 1? Additionally, how would you ever read me when I'm wrong?
That depends on how you play. That is a good question. I need to see more content from you generally in case you are wrong. Why are you asking me this?
EGW

Post by EGW »

Vote: Makhaira
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:54 am Seven
Early gambit is NAI for Seven. I didn’t like how he misinterpreted my confirmation post analysis/suspicion because he has played with me a lot and he knows better.
Again, you made a statement but did not provide a reason:
@Seven, I don’t like your confirmation post. FoS.
This left your reason up to interpretation. In your mind, the reason may have been clear, but it was not to me. See here. Your assumption that I should know your reason from experience is also incorrect, as "you don't like content in confirmation posts" is not something we've ever interacted about, I believe. Further, I don't think it's something you've made explicit in any of the games we've played in.

(Side note: we're going to have to discuss this view post-game that posting content in confirmation phase is AI. It seems like a huge assumption not backed up by data.)
Also I think him misposting the Stellaris post was odd and I don’t see how he made that mistake.
I explained this. Did you not find it satisfactory? If so, why haven't you prodded me further?
Note that Seven keeps talking about how he is going to use this claimed power, but has not yet used it.
I messaged Laser earlier for it to be used at the 25 hour mark.

p-edit: 8-)
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:54 am
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:09 am Yes. Do you find our death tunnel spiral to be fruitful?
Not liking Seven’s choice of metaphor I think he was throwing some shade at me.
Huh?
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:20 pm
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:42 am I'm leaning on Somi not running such a Gambit as scum.
@Ran, I actually think this is towny from Heury.
What changed your heury read?
See here. Curious as to how you didn't see this in your iso of me?
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:57 pm My issue with you is that it always seems like you're gaslighting me, but I've come to see that you genuinely think you are being clear when you aren't. "I don't like your confirmation post" is not a reason. "posting game content in your confirmation post" IS a reason.
Again, I think Seven’s choice of words is deliberate to shade me.
Could you elaborate. I genuinely don't get what you're referring to.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven is scum with Mak

Seven has not town telled Day 1, that is established. There has been a certain lack of bravado and scumhunting from Seven. The Mak vote seemed like a pre-mature push due to having no other options at the time. However, Mak seemed to reveal himself to actually be scum, so it seemed to me like Seven was correct, and may have been correct on Bessie. Yet, their approach has been odd. They questioned my town ping of Mak, instead of discussing my scumreads. Compared to PYP, there has been less questions from Seven. I was the one driving most of the questioning here. I believe that Seven has an awkward push on Bessie, and when I derailed it, they moved on to voting Mak when he was V/LA with no other options of who to scumread. Also, on the night kill. I expect with Seven scum, that he would intentionally not kill me to keep challenge in the game, as he has told me this before. I believe Seven is bussing Mak here. Also, Seven's intro posts served no real purpose here, usually Seven does have a certain plan to gain results, no such thing. I think Seven has scum equity here, while also bussing Mak to gain a solid footing as scum. I believe that Seven is trying to use their role to clear themselves rather than use it for the benefit of town. This post doesn't feel genuine as a response to me asking why Seven would want to use such a chaotic role. If I'm dead, and Mak has already flipped scum, and it's lylo and Seven is still around, auto-yeet Seven.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Town [EGW > Bessie > Somitomi > Moody | Wam | Seven > Makhaira] Scum
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:21 am Seven is scum with Mak

Seven has not town telled Day 1, that is established. There has been a certain lack of bravado and scumhunting from Seven. The Mak vote seemed like a pre-mature push due to having no other options at the time. However, Mak seemed to reveal himself to actually be scum, so it seemed to me like Seven was correct, and may have been correct on Bessie. Yet, their approach has been odd. They questioned my town ping of Mak, instead of discussing my scumreads. Compared to PYP, there has been less questions from Seven. I was the one driving most of the questioning here. I believe that Seven has an awkward push on Bessie, and when I derailed it, they moved on to voting Mak when he was V/LA with no other options of who to scumread. Also, on the night kill. I expect with Seven scum, that he would intentionally not kill me to keep challenge in the game, as he has told me this before. I believe Seven is bussing Mak here. Also, Seven's intro posts served no real purpose here, usually Seven does have a certain plan to gain results, no such thing. I think Seven has scum equity here, while also bussing Mak to gain a solid footing as scum. I believe that Seven is trying to use their role to clear themselves rather than use it for the benefit of town. This post doesn't feel genuine as a response to me asking why Seven would want to use such a chaotic role. If I'm dead, and Mak has already flipped scum, and it's lylo and Seven is still around, auto-yeet Seven.
LOL
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:56 pmYeah, that's not a good look, although paranoid-me is sitting in the corner asking "why has there been no pushback against the Mak elim?"
I think Seven being scum with Mak is why you feel that way.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

First of all, no. I will kill you N1 everytime as scum. Playing against you is a headache. (See Sumting Sumting mafia)
Sumting Sumting N1 Chat
sumting.png
sumting.png (82.54 KiB) Viewed 357 times
sumting2.png
sumting2.png (88.06 KiB) Viewed 357 times
sumting3.png
sumting3.png (102.79 KiB) Viewed 357 times
Not sure where you're getting the idea that I would keep you around "for the challenge". You're too rambunctious and unyeetable.

Second of all, I don't bus. It's inefficient and I like to end the game quickly. Bussing makes things take longer. See here.

Third, again what does this mean:
Seven has not town telled Day 1, that is established.
I'm the only you haven't read based on content. You just keep saying I haven't town told. What does a Seven town tell entail to you?
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Also bruh, why would you not wait for me to post my read list before reveal.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

I wasn't scumreading you D1 for it to matter. That is a good point that you have considered me as a kill before, however you have stated to me you would rather keep me alive when we played quick mafia. Not on forums. Another good meta point. However, while forgetting that you don't bus, your push on Mak this game seems more like a bus than not.

On the town tell, generally I can tell when you are doing so. You scumhunt (by asking questions), instead of letting me take the lead the entire game. It's why I was null reading you on D1. Generally, you have an opening that is rambunctious, and helps you gain results. I'm still unsure why you chose to open with claiming as mafia. You never explained that.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:39 am Also bruh, why would you not wait for me to post my read list before reveal.
Once I posted my reads list, and as I was thinking about Mak's vote on Bessie, I thought about a possibility of you + Mak that I have not considered. Then, all my concerns came together as one in that post. I wanted to show that I have been actively thinking about that. I also want people to know my thoughts on you this phase, so if anyone wants to discuss it, we still have time.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Your meta points you bring up make the read weaker, yet at this point in time it makes sense to me alongside my other reads. The never bus thing does put a wrench in it, yet having been scum with Mak, I know he has told me in the past to just bus him if needed.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:53 am
Seven wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:39 am Also bruh, why would you not wait for me to post my read list before reveal.
Once I posted my reads list, and as I was thinking about Mak's vote on Bessie, I thought about a possibility of you + Mak that I have not considered. Then, all my concerns came together as one in that post. I wanted to show that I have been actively thinking about that. I also want people to know my thoughts on you this phase, so if anyone wants to discuss it, we still have time.
We don't need to know your every thought at every moment. And if you thought I was scum, it would be beneficial to have my reads untainted before you revealed. Gotta slow sir
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:50 am I wasn't scumreading you D1 for it to matter. That is a good point that you have considered me as a kill before, however you have stated to me you would rather keep me alive when we played quick mafia. Not on forums. Another good meta point. However, while forgetting that you don't bus, your push on Mak this game seems more like a bus than not.

On the town tell, generally I can tell when you are doing so. You scumhunt (by asking questions), instead of letting me take the lead the entire game. It's why I was null reading you on D1. Generally, you have an opening that is rambunctious, and helps you gain results. I'm still unsure why you chose to open with claiming as mafia. You never explained that.
On the last bit, this is just how I play now (see the line on Spirit below for reference), especially in a low-posting game this slow. It's counterproductive to flood the thread with content.

Fonti was scum in pyp, but she noted it about my play there. I also got flack for it on my recent MU game:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
joq.png
joq.png (61.71 KiB) Viewed 306 times
sev.png
sev.png (81.33 KiB) Viewed 306 times

Regarding gambit, I'll tell you a secret: most of the time I'm just doing things for shits and giggles with no ultimate plan in mind. For example my opening in this game and my two opening posts in AI [1][2] were just for fun. There's no grand plan behind them
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

At this point I'm going to need to see a reads list to re-examine.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Word. btw Ran, have you played with the player Arogame? You guys are so much alike, it would be funny to see the two of you in a game.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

I have not, I'm only playing mafia with y'all here and there. Reminds me of Sabrar when you say that.
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:56 pmSadly I wasted the weekend on family time, hobbies and tidying up the mess in my living space :oops:
I think now is a good time to think about that. Also again I'll have martial arts tomorrow at around the same time as before, but I'll be back home by EOD just as before.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Ranmaru's pet Iguana's Game Winning Reads

Z25: Used grandma's irl illness to avoid being yeeted. Scum lean.

Yondu: He may have been your father, boy. But he wasn't your daddy. Strong town.

Xivii: Posted chat logs with several different players that seemed to be from a scum chat. Scum slip? I think they meant to be sending them to the mod but accidently posted here.

Wam: In my experience, Wam is a hell busser. He doesn't hesitate on bussing a mate and on the contrary seems to enjoy it. Given the context of today, I don't think partner!wam would hesitate to push Mak, and I think his contrarian town read here is actually a good look. Additionally, I mentioned yesterday I think the way he approached my ability in such a loose manner is towny. There's three things I've been waiting on from Wam today: his read on Mak, Somi, and me. The reason for the latter two, I'll keep closed for now, but I think Wam is my strongest town read after George.

Vicarin: bessie invited him to the game and he didn't respond. Scum.

Ursula: Honesty, she got the bad end of the trident. Sure it was scummy what she did to Ariel, but King Triton is an arsehole. Town.

Triton: Scum.

somitomi: I've been trying to understand why George is so confident in town somi as I don't think he's played beyond his scum range. I think this is perhaps due to a difference in our experiences with Somi. Ran wasn't in WWZ where somi played a grand scum game, posted analysis graphs, and nearly won despite his partner (Heury) being yeeted early on. I think Ran is associating level of investment with somi-town alignment. Ever since WWZ though I've had the reverse impression, that scum-somi is more invested (I mentioned this in AI mafia and a couple of people, including somi, debated with me about it). That being said, I do feel better about somi after Heury's flip, and I'm inclined to agree with Heury here. Town lean.

Ro Laren: She caught scum Ran off of just a few posts. No one can read someone that well and that quickly though, so she must be bussing. Scum. (Why does this seem familiar?)

Qui-Gon Jinn: it never really clicked in my mind that he was played by Liam Neeson. I saw the movie as a kid and didn't know of Liam Neeson until Taken, and like I just never thought about it lol. Null, leaning town.

Princess Bubblegum: This is a character from the show Adventure Time, and one I used to associate highly with. She built a kingdom from the ground up and approaches problems rationally and with science. My favorite dialogue from the show:
Princess Bubblegum: Braco? What happened to you?!
Braco: I paid the price for love, was it worth it? Do you love me?
Princess Bubblegum: Yes, I love you.
Braco: Then marry me! We'll travel the world, have adventures, make the babes, get fat and weird, and float up to 50th Dead World, right?
Princess Bubblegum: Oh, Braco, I don't want any of that mess. I do love you, but it's the undifferentiated love I feel for all candy citizens. I couldn't permit one of my citizens to suffer the way I saw you suffering over me. And so I made you this. Meet my doppelganger, P-Bot.
[P-Bot stands up]
Braco: Uhhh, this feels super-wrong.
Princess Bubblegum Bot: Oh, Braco, [Kisses him on the cheek] let's get out of this smelly lab.
Braco: [Excited] Okay! [Carries P-bot and ran away to the balcony] Thank you, Princess! [Jumps over the balcony] Woohoo!
Princess Bubblegum Bot: Woohoo!
Princess Bubblegum: You're welcome, my love [Drops a tear].
Strong town.

O-90: A character from the Russian novel, We, by Yevgeny Zamyatin. In the book, she's presented as very happy and open, at least at first. She's quite loyal to the State, but D-503 (the protagonist) speaks of her in kind and gentle terms. This is intended in part to contrast her with I-330—the hard- edged rebel vs. the gentle conformist—as well as giving D-503 a real-life figure to pull against I-330's influence.

Alas, O-90 hides rebellious tendencies under her surface, like a lot of characters in this book. Unlike many of them, her rebellious instincts come from politics, but from biology. She wants to be loyal to the State, but she also wants a baby. In the end, her desire for motherhood wins out. Pay attention to how she talks about impending mommy-dom:
"I want, I must have a child! From you! Give me a child and I will leave. I will!" (19.29)
In becoming a mother, she becomes an enemy of the State and is forced to flee with her child beyond the Green Wall. Once again, a very human urge—to procreate—wins out over all the indoctrination of the State. As with D-503, O-90's character seems to be telling us that human nature will win out every time. Probs town.

Nabe: A player from Samshboards who has consistently updated his avatar with either a butt or figure suggestive of a butt since the dawn of time. Town.

Moody: Moody more or less plays the same in the early game as either alignment. I've only been able to suss him out when it's do-or-die time (see: Werewolf on Wallstree: bessie and I eliminated him in final three, and Halloween 2017: I caught onto him D3 or D4). I don't sense any particular manipulative motive from him so far. Town lean.

Mak: Discussed at length.

LaserGuy: I'm not used to him posting so much fluff. It's like he's off in his own world writing a story rather than playing the game. I do like that he's been posting vote counts though. Null-town just cause I can't see any scum motive for playing this way.

Kim Kardashian: I recently came across this lady that has the Kardashian sort of style (the big lips, the way they talk and dress), yet she makes comedy videos that are different variations of the "Walked into a Bar" theme, and they are incredibly witty. I completely forgot her name though. Town regardless.

JCDaddy: Hasn't posted since D1. Not to unusual though. Town.

Iceland: Can't tell if it's icy or green. Null.

heury: elimmed by a crunch time swing just as I said. Town.

George Washington: obvscum.

Fenugreek: what is this even? Null.

Evil George Washington: obvtown.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I was actually beginning to get concerned with how George was treating my slot. He didn't evaluate my content at all D1 or D2 but had me as his strongest town read earlier. His sudden bout of paranoia though is town George. As town, someone can go from the top of his read list to bottom in an instant because he is actively thinking and trying to solve. Contrast this to AI where he just tunneled someone for the whole day (e.g. moody).

Darius I: I used to ally with him a lot in Civ 5. Town.

Chaco: Another player from Smashboards, one who I miss playing with. Town.

bessie: I think Ran may have been right earlier that this is the team. I have been trying so hard to empathize with bessie's mindset and evaluate her fairly, but her recent comments about me don't seem honest. What words am I using to try and shade her? I was literally trying to make peace. She also asked me about my heury read despite me making a lengthy post about it, which seems out of character for her to miss. Scum lean.

Andy Samberg: An actor/comedian who starred in Brooklyn 99. I don't remember who had his role in Brooklyn 99 Mafia. Null.
Seven (she, him, their)