Baldur's Gate Mafia (Absolute Power)

What you're all really here for.
somitomi

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 2)

Post by somitomi »

Mustard post
EGW wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:16 pm Bessie and Somi, I'm interested in your updated reads today as well.
Yeah that will happen sometime, but why us two in particular?
EGW wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:16 pm Anyway it seems like Mak is a done deal. I don't think people should expect him to come in thread any time soon, I want people to update their reads and we can go from there.
What an odd thing to say so early into the day phase.
Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:46 pm If it's EGW/seven yall have huge cajones ill give you that
Holy smokes, that would be some absolute baller powerwolf move.
Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:52 pm Wam and somi, what is your take on the heury wagon? Do you think both scum are on it?
With two town waggons I probably wouldn't just so the inevitable post-flip suspicion isn't cast on the entire team, but I am generally a risk-averse player. I guess it depends on who the scumteam is.
Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:00 pm Because as much as I hate bessies hammer I think sevens slot is overally grosser and want to communicate that clearly
What's your problem with the hammer though? It happened like one minute before deadline
(oh I see Seven pointed that out too)
EGW wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:59 pm Also these are just excuses.
I mean being at work does make it hard to reread and build a case...

Gonna go take a bath and see if anything interesting settles on the bottom of my mind-pot.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:51 pmYeah that will happen sometime, but why us two in particular?
You two are my top town reads, and I'm curious what your reads are. Why question me on this?
somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:51 pmWhat an odd thing to say so early into the day phase.
I want people to update their reads instead of waiting for Mak. It wasn't early, the phase started last night, and it's literally been 12 hours from phase start at that point. Also note as soon as I said that, Mak entered the thread. He has a problem with entering the thread as scum.
somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:51 pmI mean being at work does make it hard to reread and build a case...
Surely, but I already said he didn't need to make a huge case. He can tell me who he thinks is scum, instead of focusing that time calling me dense and obtuse. He says he is at work yet he has the time to say all that. You saw what I said right? I simply said, hey, convince me. "Player is scum because X." That's what I was looking for. Instead I'm getting "How could you think I'm scum?" He should be able to give examples of why he isn't, yet he is just trying to sling mud at the Heury wagon (by asking you and Wam) while suspecting Bessie and Seven. That's just odd.
EGW

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 1)

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:18 pm
Makhaira wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:33 pm Awww shit egw thinks im wrong on moody? Lame

Def was a gut read, ill reread the slot
Makhaira wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:34 pm Idk slot felt like it was actually scum hunting but I didnt really latch on to anything in particular when catching up
This might be nothing but the strong backpedal pings me a bit
I also think this is a good point. Notice how he hasn't mentioned Moody again.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

EGW wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:09 pm You two are my top town reads, and I'm curious what your reads are. Why question me on this?
I was curious why you called us out by name when noone besides you and Seven had said much at that point.
somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:51 pmWhat an odd thing to say so early into the day phase.
I want people to update their reads instead of waiting for Mak. It wasn't early, the phase started last night, and it's literally been 12 hours from phase start at that point. Also note as soon as I said that, Mak entered the thread. He has a problem with entering the thread as scum.
Yeah, 12 hours into a 5 day phase is fairly early when it comes to declaring an elimination a done deal, particularly when you do this by way of asking people for their opinions.
Surely, but I already said he didn't need to make a huge case. He can tell me who he thinks is scum, instead of focusing that time calling me dense and obtuse. He says he is at work yet he has the time to say all that. You saw what I said right? I simply said, hey, convince me. "Player is scum because X." That's what I was looking for. Instead I'm getting "How could you think I'm scum?" He should be able to give examples of why he isn't, yet he is just trying to sling mud at the Heury wagon (by asking you and Wam) while suspecting Bessie and Seven. That's just odd.
Yes, I do agree Mak hasn't spent their energy too well and this combative tone does fit my memories of scum!Mak's style. I can't really recall any good reference for his town play though, which gives me a little pause, but so far I haven't seen anything to convince me that he is town.

Seven should stop teasing and use his ability already so I can be all smug about it to bessie :lol:
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Oops, those quotes got a little borked, but I think it's clear enough
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:57 pmYeah, 12 hours into a 5 day phase is fairly early when it comes to declaring an elimination a done deal, particularly when you do this by way of asking people for their opinions.
By done deal, I meant it felt like he wasn't really interested in entering the thread, and I was merely saying that as my read on him was solidifying. Obviously, I was wrong as he just entered but I feel like he was waiting before he entered, and he saw me say that and did. Contrast this with Day 1, where my read on him wasn't confident at all, and today, it was becoming confident.
EGW

Post by EGW »

I also made that statement to get back to the topic at hand, since we were discussing old games and I'd rather focus on the game.
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:57 pmSeven should stop teasing and use his ability already so I can be all smug about it to bessie :lol:
I think what you explained to Bessie was fair and understandable with reference to that, and I already discussed this with her.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Mak settling on what's basically my panicky paranoid solve when he's supposed to be a good player counts against, as well as simply wanting to scum read bessie solely off the hammer. I particularly liked Seven's refutation of Mak blaming her for not getting back on EOD.
EGW

Post by EGW »

His read on Bessie is weak.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Totally agree with that because it looked like it was just based on one point that was easily disproven.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Hello Bessie.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Daily bark!

Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:39 pm Bessies hammer is gross af
Please explain. Deadline was at 9:00pm Pacific. I voted at 8:59pm Pacific. I waited as long as I could for you to show. When I made the post, you still weren’t there. I didn’t see you until after I posted so you only showed up with one minute to go.

Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:39 pm If you think scum!me NKs JC you are legitimately brain dead, the kill more or less kills me. Scum!me keeps JC around as a free slot to manipulate or miselim
Hey a “WOULD I DO THAT AS SCUM?” post! [-1]
Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:59 pm No sane person can believe scum!me NKs JC so the fact that you and seven are having this reaction to the flip has me extremely concern about yall not having an agenda
And another!

Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:00 pm Because as much as I hate bessies hammer
Explain what you hate about it. Why are you against this hammer?

Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:32 pm
Seven wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:28 pm Also Mak I saw you online at the deadline. You did this exact same stuff in AI.
I forgot and showed up at the very end, bessie hammered before I could catch up or say anything. I read the thread to see the flip and then catch up on the 4 or so pages that dropped between my last check in
Did you have a post prepared and my hammer prevented you from posting or what?? I didn’t prevent you from anything. Even if you were posting while I was posting and it didn’t post until after the hammer, no one would have faulted you for it because concurrent posting happens. If you were going to start a catch up and make a post, you wouldn’t have time to do so in one minute.

Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:42 pm I thought Id have time to be on but I didnt, simple as. I did a surprise roadtrip to see my family for the eclipse and had family in town that I hadnt seen in over a decade to socializing with them was my focus until they went to bed which was only an hour before deadline and I completely forgot about the deadline because my focus was elsewhere. Its valid that you want to call bullshit on that but ultimately its wack that youre trying to act like I caused the miselim yesterday when it was you and Seven and yall dodging responsibility for that is wild af
Ok you forgot about deadline for a totally legit and totally cool reason. Explain how it was scummy of me to hammer and prevent you from catching up when you didn’t have time to make a catch up post anyway.

Makhaira wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:52 pm Bessie on what grounds did you believe a wagon swap was a legitimate possibility such that your hammer was justified or necessary
I don’t know what powers are in the game. This is interesting because I often get a lot of crap for not voting. What would be your evaluation if I was actively posting and I didn’t vote?

somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:57 pm Seven should stop teasing and use his ability already so I can be all smug about it to bessie :lol:
Until that time, I reserve the right to remain skeptical!

Hi EGW! Like usual, I have time on the weekends and will do a full reread.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Sounds good, look forward to see your re-read post.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

EGW my reaction here is admittedly kneejerk because as somi also pointed out you saying "mak is a done deal" so early in the phase is WILD and immediately made me think you were trying to push me through before I even had a chance to really play so I freaked

Bessies hammer being a minute before deadline absolved her imo I def read thay situation wrong because I wasnt reading the timestamps closely enough when I was frantically trying to read EOD1 and post with lews than 2 min to deadline which was a hopeless task
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Ill stop malding out now and actually reread tonight now that Im not multitasking and have free time
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

EGW you also have to understand that seven freeclearing you on meta reads from the outside as possible turbo snowing or just over powerwolfing to build a quick coalition and stake my slot as the play before I can meanigfully counterplay. They claims youre "incapable" of playing scum this way which is an insanely bold claim and awfully convenient for him to "think" if yall are mates

Moodys reaction to my play is pretty fair wont lie

People whining "WIFOM" on me about the JC kills dont have their eye on the ball though like come tf on there is not a single shred of evidence in any of my interactions with JC slot in this game or others that indicates Id ever legit think it was pro my wincon to sort that slot for the town unless I hard tead the slot as a PR which I clearly wasn't doing here
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

He honestly is. George is the most polarized player I know. I caught him as scum after one post in AI mafia.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
EGW

Post by EGW »

The done deal was not intending to push you through especially since I asked for updated reads from everyone. Seven always reads me in this way. We have played often with each other. On the JC kill, I don't think that is a valid defense especially since I believe it happened accidentally. Take your time, we are in no rush.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Busy weekend won't be around much until.tomorrow evening.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Wam wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:46 am Busy weekend won't be around much until.tomorrow evening.
Alright then, see you then.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Reminding people to re-read and get their reads list soon. Tomorrow I have Martial Arts. Game is slow now so great time to read up.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

somi:

post 1: RV bessie, proposes pact with wam and heury

Considering they're usually the elim D1, as seen in such games as this one, it's understandable

post 2: Seven's post odd but not AI, I'm more likely late game elim than D1, responses to pact mates sarcastically flipped
post 3: Answering EGW about last point, pokes Mak about his heury feel
post 4: Following up on Mak as to whether heury's style is AI, says post about wam and heury's responses intentional
post 5: suspicious of Seven for her reaction to bessie
post 6: refutes heury being scum for being on RV wagon, curious about alignment of thunderdome power
post 7: Seven tricky about roles, thinks heury was also RV bessie, reads him as barely town
post 8: emphasizes heury was also RV bessie, thinks EGW is making more out of it than is there, but does read EGW as town, against thunderdoming D1

FWIW, I think not doubling up RVs is one of those unwritten rules, and that was where EGW was going with that, but somi's point is valid here

post 9: T->S list with EGW, me top, Mak, JC bottom, Seven's claim verifiable, wants JC to respond to a point
post 10: wants more info from JC about voting
post 11: sus of Mak for change in read on me, votes JC for not acting on his suspicions

D2
post 12: does feel Seven can thunderdome people, JC killed due to some power that made him reluctant to vote
post 13: early for EGW to be calling a Mak elim, both scum not likely to be on heury
post 14: again says EGW early for calling Mak elim a "done deal", agrees tone of Mak's responses leans scum

I'm also chuckling over his last line of this post

post 15: says format in previous post bad

Early game pact was based on his and the other two's meta, his suspicions seem reasonable, and the actions were consistent. +1.5

wam:

post 1: RV somi, would also RV Seven

At least, I'm interpreting it as a RV, wam's next post says it might not have been

post 2: says somi vote is "vibes"
post 3: T->S with bessie, EGW top, JC scum, votes JC
post 4: thunderdome as conversation starter
post 5: restates he wants the content Seven using the power would give

Upon further review, I can see wam's point on this, and the mere mention has gone some way in that direction, but I'm still leery of the consequences

post 6: question to JC about being at L-2
post 7: sus of JC due to posting feeling rushed
post 8: says he was explaining JC read in last post for more than him

D2
post 9: wagon analysis ambiguous, curious about NK
post 10: EGW town for attracting attention
post 11: wants Seven's reason for EGW being town
post 12: outside post

Fighting a little against wam's typical terseness here, early vibe against somi is dismissed, never mentions Mak at all, JC read looks understandable even if it turned out to be wrong. If we do elim Mak and he is scum, wam looks like a scummate
bessie

Post by bessie »

Noontime woof!

Makhaira wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:50 am Bessies hammer being a minute before deadline absolved her imo I def read thay situation wrong because I wasnt reading the timestamps closely enough when I was frantically trying to read EOD1 and post with lews than 2 min to deadline which was a hopeless task
I seriously don’t see how you made this mistake.

Makhaira wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:51 am Ill stop malding out now and actually reread tonight now that Im not multitasking and have free time
Looking forward to it! :roll:

Makhaira wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:56 am People whining "WIFOM" on me about the JC kills dont have their eye on the ball though like come tf on there is not a single shred of evidence in any of my interactions with JC slot in this game or others that indicates Id ever legit think it was pro my wincon to sort that slot for the town unless I hard tead the slot as a PR which I clearly wasn't doing here
For me, at least, the suspicion isn’t because of the target, but that much of your posting today is about how scum!you would never nightelim him.

@EGW I should be home tonight last night I unexpectedly went out in the afternoon and wasn’t home until night.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

moody7277 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:37 am Mak settling on what's basically my panicky paranoid solve when he's supposed to be a good player counts against, as well as simply wanting to scum read bessie solely off the hammer. I particularly liked Seven's refutation of Mak blaming her for not getting back on EOD.
Yeah, that's not a good look, although paranoid-me is sitting in the corner asking "why has there been no pushback against the Mak elim?"
EGW wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:38 am Reminding people to re-read and get their reads list soon. Tomorrow I have Martial Arts. Game is slow now so great time to read up.
Sadly I wasted the weekend on family time, hobbies and tidying up the mess in my living space :oops:
moody7277 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:38 pm [re-read]
Any particular reason you chose to start your ISO with me and wam?