Baldur's Gate Mafia (Absolute Power)

What you're all really here for.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Seven »

Rethinking Somi and Heury
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:42 am I'm leaning on Somi not running such a Gambit as scum.
My reason for finding this towny is that it was an unprompted response to moody's post here:
moody7277 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:39 am somi's thing is a little weird, but understandable considering how often they are suspected early.
Scummates generally have a tendency to keep their distance from one another and so tend to avoid directly defending their partner as here, especially given that it wasn't a moment that was pivotal. Additionally, in a scum!heury, town!somi world, I think it would be against instinct to so quickly attempt to dissolve town!moody's suspicion, particularly when heury wouldn't need to put any work into pocketing somi considering that somi had already proposed a voting block. Side note: do people keep spelling it "bloc"? Holy shit, I just looked this up, I had no idea it was its own separate word. Scum heury + scum moody is a possibility, in hand with the idea that scum instinctually attempt to keep distance from one another (in this case, distance in motive).

In thinking about this though, I actually do recall scum heury said something almost exactly like this about somi in WWZ Mafia where they were partners. So I do actually think they have partner equity.

I find Somi's reaction to my claim and intent to use my ability the most interesting. He's been heavily invested in avoiding "ML Bait" players being eliminated ever since my first post with Swiss talking about how Heury was probably going to be the elim today.
somitomi wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:52 pm Hey Wam, heury, do you guys want to form an unyeetable voting block for today, so we all survive D1?
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:09 am
bessie wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:12 pm Daily bark!
Pre-post edit: The daily bark will be slightly out of order because I decided to group my confirmation post responses for clarity in a separate post.
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:18 am @somitomi I will support your plan.
Cast fireball on VOTE: Bessie
Hmmmm. Heury is sheeping somi’s plan to ally on D1. The first post could have been written off as early game fluff, but in the second post he gives an actual reason, implying that he is serious. Also noting that his reason is questionable.
FoS Heury.
I have a thunderdome ability and I kind of want to use it on heury and somi just for the lulz of making their alliance short lived. I won't though.
somitomi wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:58 am
Seven wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:24 am If I'm going to use my ability today, it needs to be within the next 19 hours. If anyone is against me using it, speak your piece. Also if you don't have a serious vote down, I would get one down as I am going to base it off that.
I don't really see the benefit, but whatever you do, don't do Heury vs me or something like that, it'd just make D1 even more of a waste. I'm probably biased but I think it's better not to include any "ML bait" players in the dome at all, so mafia doesn't have that easy option and we actually have some information going into D2.
Theory: Somi and Heury rolled scum together. Knowing that they are often yeeted early on, they proposed a gambit of forming a voting bloc with other "yeetable" players. Amusingly, Wam didn't go for it, and when I joked about thunderdoming somi & heury, it got somi antsy.

In contrast, I much like Wam's response to my intent to use the ability. I think scum are likely to fear being locked in by it, but Wam just wanted me to use it for the hell of getting things going.

btw @Somi, the thing about Major League Baseball players is that they are MLachable precisely because of the lack of polarization between their scum and town play. Players like Ran are highly polarized: the discrepancy between his town and scum play is super obvious. In contrast, with Heury for example, his posts are blanketed in obscurity.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Also, I disagree with the notion that JC can't be relied upon in end game. He misshot last game, but Swiss is a mastermind manipulator. JC generally gets better torward the end of the game. In my first game with him, he was responsible for the town win in the final 3.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Somi is town. Full stop.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:13 pmTheory: Somi and Heury rolled scum together.
Somi linked himself too hard to Heury when Mak and then I pushed him. He even unvoted to prove a point regarding Heury. I don't think there is partner equity here.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

EGW wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:08 pm I've noticed a trend where you don't stay in thread too long JC.
I haven't been hiding it.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Then answer the questions remaining for you thanks.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:29 pmWhat's your basis for this?
What made you ask this? I'm curious now.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

somitomi wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:58 am I don't really see the benefit, but whatever you do, don't do Heury vs me or something like that, it'd just make D1 even more of a waste. I'm probably biased but I think it's better not to include any "ML bait" players in the dome at all, so mafia doesn't have that easy option and we actually have some information going into D2.
You're saying I'm wrong though, so I don't see why it matters.

You've been looking into my past games... did I have a role in PyP?
EGW

Post by EGW »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:43 pmYou've been looking into my past games... did I have a role in PyP?
You did. What about it?
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Curious about something
EGW

Post by EGW »

Ok. Do tell.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

I was wrong, but I thought there was a trend. Carry on.
EGW

Post by EGW »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:51 pmWam moves further down the list toward being scum, but his reply to Seven's suggestion of using his "ability" gives me pause as to voting him.
Why's that?
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

The same reason I'm not voting Somi, because I don't think it's a strong enough reason.

Wam and Somi are both okay with Seven using this ability, Somi just doesn't want Seven to use it on Somi.

Seven can't even use the ability, unless I read that wrong.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Alright. Why did you vote Seven when you:

A) Aren't serious
B) Have limited time
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Why did you vote Wam?
EGW

Post by EGW »

RVS, for confirming a day late.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Seven, why did you vote Moody?
EGW

Post by EGW »

I see what you're doing. Are you saying you vote on Seven was simply RVS?
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

I don't know why you thought it wasn't. I thought I made it obvious that I wasn't serious about my vote when I made the comment about how to ISO
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:42 pm
Why would you ask me this before I’ve gotten an answer.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:27 pm
EGW wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:42 pm
Why would you ask me this before I’ve gotten an answer.
I will explain to you once you get your answer and answer me.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

I didn't really take Seven seriously.
Figured the whole let's form a voting bloc group wasn't serious either.
But if yall want to tunnel on me that's cool. I'm at 3, and was the first one there, and I didn't read anything about that not being in effect day 1 so let the day roll on.
EGW

Post by EGW »

I was mostly asking to try to understand your game plan this game. Can you be more open about what that was this game.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

I don't have a game plan. I got my role, confirmed it, posted. I don't plan anything, I just play.