Baldur's Gate Mafia (Absolute Power)

What you're all really here for.
Wam

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Wam »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:34 pm
Wam wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:38 am
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:07 am Before I signed up, I said my posting will be scarce because of a new job and I'd have limited availability.
To be clear I'm not scum reading you because of the limited availability. I'm scum reading you as your thought process as shown in the thread doesn't seem to be following any logical process and is very much giving rushed scum vibes not rushed town vibes.
Cool story, not sure why you're giving an explanation since that comment about my activity isn't even directed at you or why EGW is voting for me either.

But if you felt the need to explain your vote, I'm sure you have a reason, because I doubt it was for my ease of mind.
It wasn't it was for the wider audience. So JC whose your pick for elim with 13 hours to go?

I won't be around at deadline it's 5am my time.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

No one. I don't feel strongly enough about anyone to say for sure this is who I'd vote.
EGW

Post by EGW »

JC, again. How does your reads change on Wam and Somi? If you have no strong feelings, why did you vote Seven while not being serious? What's your angle there?
EGW

Post by EGW »

Makhaira wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:16 amV/LA till tuesday sorry all
I want to see a post from you today. Even if you have to skim, there aren't many pages anyway.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Tonight I have my first class of Martial Arts at 7PM EST but luckily it's only an hour and I will be back around EOD for sure.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:29 pm I went to sleep.
Cool, so now that you're awake, penny for your thoughts?
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:14 pm No one. I don't feel strongly enough about anyone to say for sure this is who I'd vote.
Huh, when you thought I put you at L-2 you didn't seem to have this problem. What's different about Wam?

Gonna go out for dinner now, but I'll be back later today
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
EGW

Post by EGW »

Post 1 - Moody discontinues his Bessie +3 policy, appeal to authority
Post 2 - Argues for Zen's 'role' to be town siding since he believes it would be OP for scum
Post 3 - Unvotes JC when his wagon reaches three votes
Post 4 - Has a null read on Somi and town read on Seven
EGW

Post by EGW »

Overall I think Moody is a scum lean here for having reads that leaves his options open, and then town reads Seven when Seven has not town telled as of yet. I also think him trying to come to his senses on Bessie is keeping his options open on her. I notice less interjection from Moody as I have seen in his town game. I think him unvoting is possibly due to being partners with JC, especially since Moody didn't revote anyone after his reads list as he said he would.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Ill be available today for the most part, my traveling is done. Will def be avail for deadline

Unvote: Heury

Vote: JC

Hate to be a jerk about this is a tiny game and JC just cant go to endgame if hes town and frankly his play doesnt feel very townie anyway

I still dont feel great about heury but atleast I can trust town!heury in endgame

kinda pogging that seven doesnt have my scum meta worked out clearly yet lmao, good news for future scum!me

Liking moody, not sure on bessie but kinda town lean (kind of meaningless tho I tend to kind of auto town lean bessie I do not have a good grasp on her scum meta), wam is cool for voting JC, same with egw and I dont think scum!egw just goes for the easy push on JC unless he is trying specifically to snow me and play to my biases. Somi seems to be putting in slightly more effort this game with pings town for me. Seven being seven, but them seeming to genuinely believe that im following my scum meta here makes me town lean the slot. Could be scum!seven tho cleverly trying to get some momentum in my direction while Im V/LA (not a shot or calling that underhanded btw like I can respect the strategy there)

Seven like what does this thunderdome thing even entail? Like what are the mechanics of this "duel" that determines who wins and who loses?
EGW

Post by EGW »

Curious about your thoughts on Moody.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Awww shit egw thinks im wrong on moody? Lame

Def was a gut read, ill reread the slot
EGW

Post by EGW »

Never mind I missed the first words of your paragraph when I was trying to find thoughts of him there.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Idk slot felt like it was actually scum hunting but I didnt really latch on to anything in particular when catching up
EGW

Post by EGW »

Makhaira wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:33 pmAwww shit egw thinks im wrong on moody? Lame
Yeah I think it's wrong to read him on tone alone.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Makhaira wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:34 pm Idk slot felt like it was actually scum hunting but I didnt really latch on to anything in particular when catching up
Doesn't seem like it to me. Also note in Halloween Moody scumread Huery, and voted him after his reads list, but not so much here. No vote.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Town [EGW > Bessie > Somitomi > Mak > Wam > Huery | Seven | Moody > JC] Scum
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

As you relax at camp, discussing the day's events and the path forward, the disembodied voice suddenly returns:

One of them is going to try to kill you tonight. The cultists fear your power. You must be prepared to strike first. Do not hesitate.

You look around uneasily. None of the others appear to have heard the same warning, or, if they are, they are doing a better job than you of hiding it.

Votals
JC_Daddy (3): EGW, Wam, Makhaira
Makhaira (1): Seven

Not voting: bessie, somitomi, Heury, moody, JC_Daddy

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to hammer. Deadline is Tuesday April 9th at 9pm Pacific time (approx 9 hours). Deadline timer

[edit]I forgot to erase Mak's vote so it appeared he had two. Fixed as of this post
Last edited by LaserGuy on Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Makhaira wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:31 pmI still dont feel great about heury but atleast I can trust town!heury in endgame
What's your basis for this?

Also for the record, I wouldn't actually yeet you as town or scum if you ended up not being able to make it into the game. I'm not a fan of yeeting people before they've had a chance to have their say.

Thunderdome just limits the two elimination options to the two people I pick.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

EGW wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:26 pm JC, again. How does your reads change on Wam and Somi? If you have no strong feelings, why did you vote Seven while not being serious? What's your angle there?
Well, I still feel scumminess from Somi. Wam moves further down the list toward being scum, but his reply to Seven's suggestion of using his "ability" gives me pause as to voting him.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

So is Mak a double voter?
EGW

Post by EGW »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:51 pmWell, I still feel scumminess from Somi.
Where do you feel it? If you can't generate a reason, just quote the post.
EGW

Post by EGW »

bessie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:18 amI will try to throw something together tonight.
Sweet, I look forward to it. Even if just a gut read list. I'm curious about your read on Moody. Also, I would appreciate you interacting more with me. More so just talking reads together. You and Somi are my top town reads and I've said this before, but I prefer bouncing reads with town reads, or I go crazy. Plus I think that's how a town bloc should work.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Wam wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:37 am
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:34 am Not reading scum on Bessie, Wam, or Mak
EGW and Seven are in the null area, because while I am not taking Seven at face value...I could see her being that brazen. And EGW, I don’t know why I feel is the type to power wolf and just recently had a good game as scum
Heury's most recent poems(?) have me kind of meh on them, but I say more toward the I don't trust it lean.
Moody jumped off the little wagon that was forming on me, which I can see scum doing because they know I'm not scum and were the first vote on me.
Somi took me to three votes, so even if the wagon doesn't continue... neither will I
What's suspicious about taking you to 3 votes? Its still L-2?

• In the event of a tied vote at end of day, the player who reached the highest votal first will be eliminated. 
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:52 pm So is Mak a double voter?
No, this was a mistake on my part. Fixed.
EGW

Post by EGW »

I've noticed a trend where you don't stay in thread too long JC.