Baldur's Gate Mafia (Absolute Power)

What you're all really here for.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Seven »

heuristically_alone wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:46 am Whispers float through the ancient hall,
In cloaks of midnight, they heed the call.
Zephyrs carry their chants so wide,
Among the stars, their powers glide.
Riddles and mysteries, in their hands unfurled,
Dancing with magic, a joke of a transaction.
You're a WIZARD, Harry.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
bessie

Post by bessie »

Daily bark!
somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:31 pm Well, I guess points to Seven for being open about this power, but I'll have to ruminate on how much sense it has for town or maf to have it
moody7277 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:38 pm To me it sounds OP af for scum to be able to thunderdome, because they could force a miselim, and the side effect Seven mentioned would be useless.
Why are you both taking Seven’s power claim at face value?? Seven has a history of not always being honest, or at least not complete, with his claims.

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:48 am What do you mean, I'm not suspicious of Seven at all... he admitted to being scum, why wouldn't I vote him?
I feel this is a longshot, but do you perchance have any opinions on the other players in this game??

somitomi wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:33 am I wouldn't put it past Seven to invent the side effect to make it seem more townie.
Better, but why do you believe him at all?

somitomi wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:33 am
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:48 am What do you mean, I'm not suspicious of Seven at all... he admitted to being scum, why wouldn't I vote him?
This is Seven we're talking about, why are you taking that at face value?
are you serious.PNG
are you serious.PNG (195.9 KiB) Viewed 399 times

Seven wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:24 am If I'm going to use my ability today, it needs to be within the next 19 hours. If anyone is against me using it, speak your piece. Also if you don't have a serious vote down, I would get one down as I am going to base it off that.
Interesting to see if you have what you claim. But I won’t hold my breath.

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:19 pm Bessie and Somi, I would like to see your reads when you guys can. If y'all have any questions about mine feel free to ask.
I will try to throw something together tonight.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Seven wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:52 am
heuristically_alone wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:46 am Whispers float through the ancient hall,
You're a WIZARD, Harry.
*Heury
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:18 am
Seven wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:24 am If I'm going to use my ability today, it needs to be within the next 19 hours. If anyone is against me using it, speak your piece. Also if you don't have a serious vote down, I would get one down as I am going to base it off that.
Interesting to see if you have what you claim. But I won’t hold my breath.
Want to be a test subject?

For real though, I've decided not to use it, I want to see how EoD plays out without it
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

heuristically_alone wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:26 am
Seven wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:52 am
You're a WIZARD, Harry.
*Heury
top 10 missed opportunities
Seven (she, him, their)
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Seven wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:49 am @JC all jokes aside, what are your reads and how serious is your read on me.
Like not serious at all.

unvote

Like I said before, I am keeping up but haven't really been reading too deep. I will say that people taking my comment about how to do ISO is funny in and of itself, because I only said it since it was a big thing the last time.

It is also funny how people ask about me taking your comments at face value, then turn around and take your comments at face value.

I honestly haven't taken anything you've said at face value, because from what I have seen you tend to do this to gather attention and see how the reactions pan out.
EGW

Post by EGW »

JC, what are you reads, especially on Seven now that you unvoted. Also, you never stated that you were keeping up. Quote that for me.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Before I signed up, I said my posting will be scarce because of a new job and I'd have limited availability.
EGW

Post by EGW »

How much time are you working with? I wonder why you choose to vote Seven while not being serious, with your limited time. Spit ball me some gut reads, town to scum. (With nulls if needed where ever)
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Town
Bessie
Wam
Mak
Seven
EGW
Heury
Moody
Somitomi
Scum
EGW

Post by EGW »

What's the reasoning for Moody and Seven?
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Not reading scum on Bessie, Wam, or Mak
EGW and Seven are in the null area, because while I am not taking Seven at face value...I could see her being that brazen. And EGW, I don’t know why I feel is the type to power wolf and just recently had a good game as scum
Heury's most recent poems(?) have me kind of meh on them, but I say more toward the I don't trust it lean.
Moody jumped off the little wagon that was forming on me, which I can see scum doing because they know I'm not scum and were the first vote on me.
Somi took me to three votes, so even if the wagon doesn't continue... neither will I
EGW

Post by EGW »

Somi didn't vote you, Wam did.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Was it Wam?
EGW

Post by EGW »

Yes it was.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Wam wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:05 am Morning apologies for not being around.

Town
Bessie
Egw
Moody
Somi
Huery
JC
Scum

More data needed
Mak

Their own unique IDK bucket
Seven

unvote
Vote JC
Why yes, yes it was... guess I need to go back and take my time
EGW

Post by EGW »

So, how does that change your reads? Especially on Wam and Somi.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:19 pm Bessie and Somi, I would like to see your reads when you guys can. If y'all have any questions about mine feel free to ask.
Ok, snap list because I'm super not sure how much time and energy I'm gonna have later:

EGW
moody
heury
bessie
Seven <---mystery wrapped in an enigma line
wam
Makhaira
JC

No reasoning, this is D1, welcome to gut feel town
bessie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:18 am Better, but why do you believe him at all?
Because the thunderdome part is almost instantly verifiable in thread by voting someone outside the dome,
EGW wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:17 am So, how does that change your reads? Especially on Wam and Somi.
I find it quite odd that you even had to ask this.

@JC why didn't you post any of your thoughts following the realisation that you were mistaken about the vote?
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Wam

Post by Wam »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:34 am Not reading scum on Bessie, Wam, or Mak
EGW and Seven are in the null area, because while I am not taking Seven at face value...I could see her being that brazen. And EGW, I don’t know why I feel is the type to power wolf and just recently had a good game as scum
Heury's most recent poems(?) have me kind of meh on them, but I say more toward the I don't trust it lean.
Moody jumped off the little wagon that was forming on me, which I can see scum doing because they know I'm not scum and were the first vote on me.
Somi took me to three votes, so even if the wagon doesn't continue... neither will I
What's suspicious about taking you to 3 votes? Its still L-2?
Wam

Post by Wam »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:07 am Before I signed up, I said my posting will be scarce because of a new job and I'd have limited availability.
To be clear I'm not scum reading you because of the limited availability. I'm scum reading you as your thought process as shown in the thread doesn't seem to be following any logical process and is very much giving rushed scum vibes not rushed town vibes.
EGW

Post by EGW »

moody7277 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:50 amsomi: RV bessie, sets up bloc with wam and heury, explanation of my exclusion from bloc (thanks, I guess?), a little cagey responding to Mak and EGW, no utility to scum!huery wagoning RV, not happy with Seven thunderdoming null
How are you null reading Somi when solid content like this exists:
somitomi wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:33 amThis is Seven we're talking about, why are you taking that at face value?
somitomi wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:08 am@JC why didn't you post any of your thoughts following the realisation that you were mistaken about the vote?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

The peaceful calm of the forest is suddenly shattered by the sounds of battle. You meet the owlbears as a determined wall, weapons at the ready. The air begins to spark with strange magical energies as some of your companions begin to unleash devastating bursts of arcane power into the fray. The owlbears screech and howl as their charge is blunted by your combined efforts. They lash out with increasing frenzy as your company attacks from all sides. There's a throbbing in the back of your skull. You can almost feel the parasite moving around. Watching. You get the eerie sensation that it seems to be enjoying the spectacle.

You attempt to discreetly keep eyes on your companions, their strengths and weaknesses. You note one holding back, skirting the edges of the fray without engaging. Inexperienced? Or holding back? Another's arrows only seem to be finding the thick feathered hide, never finding anything vital. Are they trying to enrage the beast on purpose? Suspicion gnaws at you.

The owlbears let out a deafening howl then turn and begin to flee back into the jungle, no doubt searching for easier prey. There is a half-hearted attempt at pursuit amongst you, but the beasts are swift and outpace you easily. After a brief discussion, you backtrack to a likely campsite you had seen earlier and settle in to tend your wounds and settle in for the evening.

Votals
JC_Daddy (2): EGW, Wam
heury (1): Makhaira
Makhaira (1): Seven

Not voting: bessie, somitomi, Heury, moody, JC_Daddy

Makhaira is V/LA until April 9th.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to hammer. Deadline is Tuesday April 9th at 9pm Pacific time (approx 19 hours). Deadline timer
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

bessie wrote:Why are you both taking Seven’s power claim at face value?? Seven has a history of not always being honest, or at least not complete, with his claims.
It's a verifyable claim, and Seven is eager to use it. To your point, there is a "boy who cried wolf" syndrome that sets in, but it's not yet.
Seven wrote:For real though, I've decided not to use it, I want to see how EoD plays out without it
Aaaand, point to bessie.
JC_DADDY25 wrote:Moody jumped off the little wagon that was forming on me, which I can see scum doing because they know I'm not scum and were the first vote on me.
Or it could be I didn't want a random vote to be part of what was obviously becoming a serious wagon.

@EGW: Your second example happened after my reads post, the first one was in response to something I had already decided Seven wasn't being serious about. somi asking JC about his mistake looks good, so I can adjust him to +0.5-1 for a read, similar to where I have wam.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

somitomi wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:08 am
Ok, snap list because I'm super not sure how much time and energy I'm gonna have later:

EGW
moody
heury
bessie
Seven <---mystery wrapped in an enigma line
wam
Makhaira
JC

No reasoning, this is D1, welcome to gut feel town
bessie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:18 am Better, but why do you believe him at all?
Because the thunderdome part is almost instantly verifiable in thread by voting someone outside the dome,
EGW wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:17 am So, how does that change your reads? Especially on Wam and Somi.
I find it quite odd that you even had to ask this.

@JC why didn't you post any of your thoughts following the realisation that you were mistaken about the vote?
I went to sleep.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Wam wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:38 am
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:07 am Before I signed up, I said my posting will be scarce because of a new job and I'd have limited availability.
To be clear I'm not scum reading you because of the limited availability. I'm scum reading you as your thought process as shown in the thread doesn't seem to be following any logical process and is very much giving rushed scum vibes not rushed town vibes.
Cool story, not sure why you're giving an explanation since that comment about my activity isn't even directed at you or why EGW is voting for me either.

But if you felt the need to explain your vote, I'm sure you have a reason, because I doubt it was for my ease of mind.