Baldur's Gate Mafia (Absolute Power)

What you're all really here for.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:01 am Town [EGW > Bessie > Somitomi > Mak | Seven, Moody, Wam | JC > Heury] Scum
I don't know why you have Mak as town. His play rn is the same as AI mafia.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
EGW

Post by EGW »

I explained that already. I like his prob town read of me. Also again, it's a slight town ping. In what way is his play similar to AI and only AI? All I recall from that game was he was constantly in catch up mode, which is always the case.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:05 am
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:25 pmVote: Mak
Talk to me about this. I liked his read on me, it showed that he isn't instantly sorting me as town, it takes time for him to develop a read on me, especially since I didn't have a major push at that time. Only a small town ping there though.
Are you basing that it takes time for him to develop a read on you based on previous experience or are you making the assumption? Additionally, have you contrasted this to a game where he was scum and you town? I feel like you're letting your solve influence your reads (e.g. you think Heury is scum, Mak is pushing heury, therefore Mak town).
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:43 am I explained that already. I like his prob town read of me. Also again, it's a slight town ping. In what way is his play similar to AI and only AI? All I recall from that game was he was constantly in catch up mode, which is always the case.
No it's not, his involvement is different when he's town. Read his play in AI compared to pyp. Funnily enough, I tried to convince you of this in AI too but you were mates.
Seven (she, him, their)
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

You call a halt. You and the others look around nervously, weapons at the ready. The air is still, the forest seems to hold its breath. Then you see something rustling in the trees. Something large. There is a faint grunt, then a guttural hooting sound from the rushes, followed by an another, not far away.

One of your companions ventures slowly nearer. They pick up a rock and toss into the offending undergrowth. For a moment, there is nothing, then suddenly there is a snapping and crunching of branches as two large creatures charge toward you. Each is an enormous mass of grey fur and muscle, covered by a strange plumage of purple feathers that bristle and flutter about the razor sharp beak that protrudes from its owl-like visage. Owlbears: Savage, aggressive, and have clearly decided that you are lunch.

Votals
JC_Daddy (2): moody, EGW
Somitomi (1): Wam
heury (1): Makhaira
Seven (1): JC_Daddy
Makhaira (1): Seven

Not voting: bessie, somitomi, Heury

Makhaira is V/LA until April 9th.
Wam has been prodded.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to hammer. Deadline is Tuesday April 9th at 9pm Pacific time. Deadline timer
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Seven wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:47 am I feel like you're letting your solve influence your reads (e.g. you think Heury is scum, Mak is pushing heury, therefore Mak town).
Like this, @Ran: https://ramenchef.net/nxf/viewtopic.php?p=40840#p40840
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

I'm making the assumption, not based on experience but based on his actions compared to others giving me a town read very early. On my solve, I'm not confident on Mak, which is why I'm not town blocking with him. What annoys me is he is V/LA until Tuesday, so I have nothing else to read him by for now. I'm willing to discuss the townread but I also feel your push on Mak is pre-mature.
EGW

Post by EGW »

My scum reads are not association based though.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Morning apologies for not being around.

Town
Bessie
Egw
Moody
Somi
Huery
JC
Scum

More data needed
Mak

Their own unique IDK bucket
Seven

unvote
Vote JC
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:52 am I'm making the assumption, not based on experience but based on his actions compared to others giving me a town read very early. On my solve, I'm not confident on Mak, which is why I'm not town blocking with him. What annoys me is he is V/LA until Tuesday, so I have nothing else to read him by for now. I'm willing to discuss the townread but I also feel your push on Mak is pre-mature.
I don't. By the time Mak returns from V/LA it will be the end of Day 1.

There's not a lot to go on. I'm town reading / leaning all of you, bessie, somi, heury, and moody. JC is literally a coin flip every game. Wam is null. Mak is the only one I have below the null line.

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:55 am My scum reads are not association based though.
What I mean is that I think you are preflipping Heury and using that to bolster up your read of Mak, though not necessarily consciously. You're using || to separate town vs null vs scum right?
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

I think JC is stiff here compared to Pick your poison mafia. I use town | null | scum yes. Also my read has changed on Heury to null-town after discussing with Somi, and I'm voting JC now.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

If I'm going to use my ability today, it needs to be within the next 19 hours. If anyone is against me using it, speak your piece. Also if you don't have a serious vote down, I would get one down as I am going to base it off that.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

I am against you using it. Not beneficial to town at all. Why do you want to use it?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:25 am I am against you using it. Not beneficial to town at all. Why do you want to use it?
so I won't be nked lol
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

I still don't think you should ever use it. Did you forget I was Captain Clark in one game where I literally had that ability. I never used it.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:36 am I still don't think you should ever use it. Did you forget I was Captain Clark in one game where I literally had that ability. I never used it.
I'll just say this, it's to town's advantage if I use it. We just need to decide the yeet early on so I'll be using it on someone who would have been elimmed anyway.
Seven (she, him, their)
Wam

Post by Wam »

Seven wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:24 am If I'm going to use my ability today, it needs to be within the next 19 hours. If anyone is against me using it, speak your piece. Also if you don't have a serious vote down, I would get one down as I am going to base it off that.
I want you to use it more to shake things up rather than any carefully calculated thoughts about game effects.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:07 am I've always recognized it as an early game vote, that comes with no reason. In my mind, there should be no reason for him to join you on Bessie unless he had a read on her, and on you, even in the joke phase. I even have progression for my concern here. You asked him to ally and bloc up, you didn't ask him to join you on voting Bessie. That's my concern, but I wanted to push that to garner some discussion and reactions, albeit it being a slight lead. Seeing you re-reading already is also strengthening my town read of you. His direct reaction doesn't help improve my read on him, but his lack of giving reads and any posturing, feels like he's more likely to be town here than mafia. Since, I have seen him be scum while trying hard to be proactive, it came off forced. There is none of that here. While our interactions were happening, my read has become stronger of JC, and I believe he has a better chance of flipping scum here.
I disagree about Heury's vote not being basically RVS,it's just part of enthusiastically agreeing to my proposal (which was intened more as early game banter than any serious alliance by the way) rather than any indication of Heury's read on bessie. I do see where you're coming from and why you wanted to question it though and the resulting discussion helped me sort you into the townish pile.
Seven wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:24 am If I'm going to use my ability today, it needs to be within the next 19 hours. If anyone is against me using it, speak your piece. Also if you don't have a serious vote down, I would get one down as I am going to base it off that.
I don't really see the benefit, but whatever you do, don't do Heury vs me or something like that, it'd just make D1 even more of a waste. I'm probably biased but I think it's better not to include any "ML bait" players in the dome at all, so mafia doesn't have that easy option and we actually have some information going into D2.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Wam wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:49 am
I want you to use it more to shake things up rather than any carefully calculated thoughts about game effects.
Disagree strongly with this. Thunderdoming has such strong effects that it should be tactical or, as EGW said he did, not used at all.

Unvote

If as it seems RVS is over, I don't want my frivolous vote to be part of a wagon until I do my full read through, which I'll get to after work today.
Wam

Post by Wam »

moody7277 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:38 am
Wam wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:49 am
Disagree strongly with this. Thunderdoming has such strong effects that it should be tactical or, as EGW said he did, not used at all.

Unvote

If as it seems RVS is over, I don't want my frivolous vote to be part of a wagon until I do my full read through, which I'll get to after work today.
It maybe just me not being engaged in the game over the weekend but it feels like with 48 hours to go we don't have much going on in game. Hence the shake it up comment.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Bessie and Somi, I would like to see your reads when you guys can. If y'all have any questions about mine feel free to ask.
EGW

Post by EGW »

moody7277 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:38 amIf as it seems RVS is over, I don't want my frivolous vote to be part of a wagon until I do my full read through, which I'll get to after work today.
What's the estimate on that? I'd like to see what your reads are too.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

bessie: gigs Seven for conf post, says she's been doing that all along, doesn't like somi's voting bloc, heury's response to it suspicious, continuing battle with Seven (which at this point no longer seems AI) lean town

EGW: votes wam, questions to somi's bloc members, wants details on Seven's chat posts and peace with bessie, focuses on somi for a couple posts, asks JC about his vote, reads bessie as town, votes heury for filler, T->S list with bessie, somi top, JC Huery bottom, switches vote to JC, doesn't like Seven's thunderdome power town

heury: throws in with somi's bloc with vote on bessie, town reads somi, switches vote to EGW, koan response to EGW scum lean

JC: somewhat frivolous ask about iso, asking Seven about bessie in her "chats", votes Seven, and soft implies it's serious, is apparently thinking Seven is actually posting scum chat scum lean

Mak: votes heury, feels he's posting weirdly. AFK, so no read

Seven: joke chat with Swiss, votes me off confirmation, pseudo chat with fonti also includes setup spec, confused about JC asking about iso, responding to EGW about the bessie conflict, picks out example of bessie's conf post analysis with her, claims thunderdome ability and eager to use it, response to bessie's refuting her example, votes Mak, debate with EGW about why lean town

somi: RV bessie, sets up bloc with wam and heury, explanation of my exclusion from bloc (thanks, I guess?), a little cagey responding to Mak and EGW, no utility to scum!huery wagoning RV, not happy with Seven thunderdoming null

wam: votes somi, T->S with bessie top, JC heury bottom, votes JC, wants Seven to thunderdome for content lean town to null

Town
EGW
bessie
Seven
wam
Mak
somi
JC
heury
Scum
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Whispers float through the ancient hall,
In cloaks of midnight, they heed the call.
Zephyrs carry their chants so wide,
Among the stars, their powers glide.
Riddles and mysteries, in their hands unfurled,
Dancing with magic, a joke of a transaction.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@JC all jokes aside, what are your reads and how serious is your read on me.
Seven (she, him, their)