Baldur's Gate Mafia (Absolute Power)

What you're all really here for.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:33 pm I will be going to the bar with friends.
It's hella early.

@bessie I'll get to your post after I eat
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
EGW

Post by EGW »

We are walking around first until 5PM because happy hour.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

EGW wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:04 am
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:01 am Vote: Seven
Can you go into this? I thought you were joking at first.
What made you think I was joking at first, and why do you think I am no longer joking?
EGW

Post by EGW »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:48 pm What, you don't think that's funny?
Here. Why be cryptic about your suspicion? A vote clearly shows you are serious by this point.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Oh, you must not understand the context. I was talking about the ISO
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:31 pm
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:09 am Your response to my confirmation post wasn't in line with what I expected from town!bessie, that being for you to brush it off or just make light note it. The root of my expectations is that a) you are familiar with my play and have seen me do similar types of confirmation posts before (the Stallaris quote being an example)
You are (deliberately?) misunderstanding the reason for my original FoS. The reason is not for the actual content. The reason is that you posted game content in your confirmation post.
In the future I would suggest putting your reason.
bessie wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:31 pm
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:09 am b) you've never seen my shenanigans as particularly AI.
The gambit is not alignment indicative in itself. The reason I did not remove my FoS was because you continuing the gambit verified that your confirmation post was game content, not fluff.

Anyway my question may not have been clear. Let me ask in a different way. You expect town!bessie to respond to your confirmation post by brushing it off. How does the Stellaris post support that? I was mafia in that game.
If you are mafia my point is invalid. It's not something I felt strongly about to begin with. I agree with Ran that you are towny.

For the record, the game was logged in my mind as Maven/Wam/Freezeblade mafia. I forgot you were maf since you had replaced out. Side note: I laugh every time I think about how I made this extremely long case on Indy-Ran in that game and he was just like "yeah"
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:42 am I'm leaning on Somi not running such a Gambit as scum.
@Ran, I actually think this is towny from Heury.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Vote: Mak
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I mentioned in my chat with Swiss that I can prevent someone from being yeeted. This is true, but only incidentally. I mentioned here that I have a thunderdome ability. On a Day prior to melo and 24 hours before the Day end, I can choose two people to duel. Only those two players can be voted for. If I use it on myself and survive the dual, then I'm unkillable the following night. I'm claiming early because a) I need to use it early and it's something that effects everyone, and b) I want to use it today.
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:17 pm In the future I would suggest putting your reason.
What do you mean? I did post the reason here:
bessie wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:26 am @Seven, I don’t like your confirmation post. FoS.
It’s the same reason I have been using for almost ten years: you posted game content in your confirmation post.

Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:17 pm If you are mafia my point is invalid. It's not something I felt strongly about to begin with. I agree with Ran that you are towny.

For the record, the game was logged in my mind as Maven/Wam/Freezeblade mafia. I forgot you were maf since you had replaced out. Side note: I laugh every time I think about how I made this extremely long case on Indy-Ran in that game and he was just like "yeah"
Does that not change your evaluation? That to illustrate how I post as town, you used a post where I was mafia?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:37 pm
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:17 pm In the future I would suggest putting your reason.
What do you mean? I did post the reason here:
bessie wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:26 am @Seven, I don’t like your confirmation post. FoS.
It’s the same reason I have been using for almost ten years: you posted game content in your confirmation post.

Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:17 pm If you are mafia my point is invalid. It's not something I felt strongly about to begin with. I agree with Ran that you are towny.

Does that not change your evaluation? That to illustrate how I post as town, you used a post where I was mafia?
My issue with you is that it always seems like you're gaslighting me, but I've come to see that you genuinely think you are being clear when you aren't. "I don't like your confirmation post" is not a reason. "posting game content in your confirmation post" IS a reason.

And yes it does change my evaluation, hence why I said my point is invalid.
Seven (she, him, their)
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

EGW wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:33 pm Heury to me seems to have the most equity for scum in my mind. Mostly due to his vote on Bessie, which is him agreeing to a vote bloc with a person random voting.
What does scum!heury get from doing that though? Evidently I'm going to
unvote
eventually so what's the advantage he's getting from being on a nonexistent wagon?
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:42 pm I mentioned in my chat with Swiss that I can prevent someone from being yeeted. This is true, but only incidentally. I mentioned here that I have a thunderdome ability. On a Day prior to melo and 24 hours before the Day end, I can choose two people to duel. Only those two players can be voted for. If I use it on myself and survive the dual, then I'm unkillable the following night. I'm claiming early because a) I need to use it early and it's something that effects everyone, and b) I want to use it today.
Well, I guess points to Seven for being open about this power, but I'll have to ruminate on how much sense it has for town or maf to have it
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

To me it sounds OP af for scum to be able to thunderdome, because they could force a miselim, and the side effect Seven mentioned would be useless.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

UNVOTE

As a wise old wizard living on this land for a few hundred years I've seen my fair share or loyalty and disloyalty. I choose to ignore any claim seven gives until at least day 4.

No issue with moody's suspicion of me. It get it can sound weird to the simple minded. May be a hobbit. EGW should know better however and sounded more like sheeping.

Cast Thunderwave at VOTE: EGW
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:31 pmWhat does scum!heury get from doing that though? Evidently I'm going to
Not sure, however I'm coming from the perspective of, Huery is not voting for a specific reason at all. It has no effort to sort Bessie or determine her alignment. So there is no town incentive there. Small scum ping though, there aren't many leads for me at this moment. Why, do you town read him? You should explain what read you have on him now from his previous content.
heuristically_alone wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 amNo issue with moody's suspicion of me. It get it can sound weird to the simple minded. May be a hobbit. EGW should know better however and sounded more like sheeping.
Know better about what exactly? Also, I already have progression on you here. I just want you to be around to be able to react to my vote, of which today is the day you said you'd be around.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Town [EGW > Bessie > Somitomi > Mak | Seven, Moody, Wam | JC > Heury] Scum
EGW

Post by EGW »

I've been comparing this game and Pick Your Poison Mafia. I've noticed JC was more present, and his vote on Seven came late while having a suspicion on them. JC isn't really doing anything and is active lurking while sitting on Seven. I'm open to wagoning him as well.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:25 pmVote: Mak
Talk to me about this. I liked his read on me, it showed that he isn't instantly sorting me as town, it takes time for him to develop a read on me, especially since I didn't have a major push at that time. Only a small town ping there though.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:00 am
somitomi wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:31 pmWhat does scum!heury get from doing that though? Evidently I'm going to
Not sure, however I'm coming from the perspective of, Huery is not voting for a specific reason at all. It has no effort to sort Bessie or determine her alignment. So there is no town incentive there. Small scum ping though, there aren't many leads for me at this moment. Why, do you town read him? You should explain what read you have on him now from his previous content.
heuristically_alone wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 amNo issue with moody's suspicion of me. It get it can sound weird to the simple minded. May be a hobbit. EGW should know better however and sounded more like sheeping.
Know better about what exactly? Also, I already have progression on you here. I just want you to be around to be able to react to my vote, of which today is the day you said you'd be around.
Shame on the fool that pokes a joke rather than bake the cake.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
EGW

Post by EGW »

heuristically_alone wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:22 amShame on the fool that pokes a joke rather than bake the cake.
I have no idea what that means. Anyway, drop some reads, while you clarify that for me.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:03 am I've been comparing this game and Pick Your Poison Mafia. I've noticed JC was more present, and his vote on Seven came late while having a suspicion on them. JC isn't really doing anything and is active lurking while sitting on Seven. I'm open to wagoning him as well.
What do you mean, I'm not suspicious of Seven at all... he admitted to being scum, why wouldn't I vote him?
EGW

Post by EGW »

I take that with a grain of salt. That's called wifom just so you know. Yet, you still have a delay in voting Seven, a very long delay. Not only that, you ask about the ISO, when you have already asked people how to ISO in the previous game. You know how to ISO, but you mention it this game as filler. It's very odd that you aren't calling for others to vote Seven based on this. You are stiff this game.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

moody7277 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:38 pm To me it sounds OP af for scum to be able to thunderdome, because they could force a miselim, and the side effect Seven mentioned would be useless.
I wouldn't put it past Seven to invent the side effect to make it seem more townie.
EGW wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:00 am Not sure, however I'm coming from the perspective of, Huery is not voting for a specific reason at all. It has no effort to sort Bessie or determine her alignment. So there is no town incentive there. Small scum ping though, there aren't many leads for me at this moment. Why, do you town read him? You should explain what read you have on him now from his previous content.
On reread I realised that vote is Heury's first post, so why is that not an RVS vote in your mind?
I personally have Heury in the nulltown category so far, nothing really stands out either way. Heury has been eliminated on D1 before for his posts being weird but in my experience that's just as likely to come from town!heury
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:48 am What do you mean, I'm not suspicious of Seven at all... he admitted to being scum, why wouldn't I vote him?
This is Seven we're talking about, why are you taking that at face value?
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:33 amOn reread I realised that vote is Heury's first post, so why is that not an RVS vote in your mind?I personally have Heury in the nulltown category so far, nothing really stands out either way. Heury has been eliminated on D1 before for his posts being weird but in my experience that's just as likely to come from town!heury
I've always recognized it as an early game vote, that comes with no reason. In my mind, there should be no reason for him to join you on Bessie unless he had a read on her, and on you, even in the joke phase. I even have progression for my concern here. You asked him to ally and bloc up, you didn't ask him to join you on voting Bessie. That's my concern, but I wanted to push that to garner some discussion and reactions, albeit it being a slight lead. Seeing you re-reading already is also strengthening my town read of you. His direct reaction doesn't help improve my read on him, but his lack of giving reads and any posturing, feels like he's more likely to be town here than mafia. Since, I have seen him be scum while trying hard to be proactive, it came off forced. There is none of that here. While our interactions were happening, my read has become stronger of JC, and I believe he has a better chance of flipping scum here.
EGW

Post by EGW »

I'm open to actually bloccing up with Bessie and Somi at the moment. (I think town blocks are actually a good tool, but felt like you used it too early Somi)

Unvote; Vote: JC