Baldur's Gate Mafia (Absolute Power)

What you're all really here for.
moody7277

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia (Day 1)

Post by moody7277 »

Seven wrote:As for why it pinged me, I’m pretty sure I’ve done similar types of confirmation posts with bessie in the game and her never commenting on it. It makes me think she is artificially aware of how she engages with me this game. As I mentioned to Swiss in the scum chat, the past few games bessie and I have been at each other’s throats and it always starts when one of us FoSes the other. I’ve come into the game wanting to avoid that, it’s odd that bessie isn’t coming at it from the same perspective. My speculation is that it = scum!bessie trying to play up to the meta of the past three games but jumping the gun.
It certainly isn't helpful to town to have your row distracting the rest from proper analysis.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

V/LA till tuesday sorry all

heury feels weird

moodys reaction to sevens early posting feels authentic

willing to sheep people on somi prob

Egw prob aight

Vote: Heury
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Seven wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm As for why it pinged me, I’m pretty sure I’ve done similar types of confirmation posts with bessie in the game and her never commenting on it. It makes me think she is artificially aware of how she engages with me this game. As I mentioned to Swiss in the scum chat, the past few games bessie and I have been at each other’s throats and it always starts when one of us FoSes the other. I’ve come into the game wanting to avoid that, it’s odd that bessie isn’t coming at it from the same perspective. My speculation is that it = scum!bessie trying to play up to the meta of the past three games but jumping the gun.
Wouldn't Bessie be in your scum chat if she was scum?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

You travel down a quiet forest path. Sunlight filters through the canopy above, fallen leaves crunch under your feet. Your group have paired off in twos and threes, some talking quietly, others seemingly lost in thought.

Suddenly, a sound floats across the wind ahead. Something out of place. You stop and look around. You can't see anything, but there is an unmistakable feeling gnawing in the pit of your stomach. You are being watched. No. Not watched. Hunted.

Votals
Moody (1): Seven
bessie (2): Somitomi, Heury
Wam (1): EGW
JC_Daddy (1): moody
Somitomi (1): Wam
heury (1): Makhaira

Not voting: bessie, JC_Daddy

Makhaira is V/LA until April 9th.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to hammer. Deadline is Tuesday April 9th at 9pm Pacific time. Deadline timer
bessie

Post by bessie »

I just got home a few minutes ago and I'm tired so the daily bark is postponed for approximately 12 hours.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

EGW wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:49 pm I just noticed this, you responded in the reverse order. How did you make this mistake?
I didn't or deliberately, depending on how you look at it.
Makhaira wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:16 am V/LA till tuesday sorry all

heury feels weird

moodys reaction to sevens early posting feels authentic

willing to sheep people on somi prob

Egw prob aight

I'm not sure i like this. Can you explain what you find weird about Heury?
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

somitomi wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:38 am I'm not sure i like this. Can you explain what you find weird about Heury?
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:18 am Hello fellow party members. It is, the wise the old wizard who will carry us to victory. *Rolls for charisma*
Ahh a 15. Therefore I already have most of you confused I must be town.
@somitomi I will support your plan.
Cast fireball on VOTE: Bessie

IRL I'm currently working 12+ hours on Wednesday to Saturday, but off Sunday to Tuesday so, expect your typical massive heury content those days.
this post feels like it was written by drunk chatGPT
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:38 amI didn't or deliberately, depending on how you look at it.
Can you restate this, it seems you messed up your verb here and I'm confused as to what you are saying here.
somitomi wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:38 amI'm not sure i like this. Can you explain what you find weird about Heury?
What about his post don't you like?
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Makhaira wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:33 pm this post feels like it was written by drunk chatGPT
But is an AI-like post actually AI, i.e. would that imply that heury is non-town?
EGW wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:38 pm Can you restate this, it seems you messed up your verb here and I'm confused as to what you are saying here.
On the contrary, a wizard always says exactly what he means to. What I meant there was that I did that on purpose, so "I didn't (make a mistake) or (I made a mistake) deliberately". Depends on whether your outlook on life permits such contradiction in terms as messing up on purpose.
EGW wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:38 pm What about his post don't you like?
I would like to postpone answering this until the end of that line of inquiry if you don't mind
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Somi is so witty
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:10 am
Seven wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm As for why it pinged me, I’m pretty sure I’ve done similar types of confirmation posts with bessie in the game and her never commenting on it. It makes me think she is artificially aware of how she engages with me this game. As I mentioned to Swiss in the scum chat, the past few games bessie and I have been at each other’s throats and it always starts when one of us FoSes the other. I’ve come into the game wanting to avoid that, it’s odd that bessie isn’t coming at it from the same perspective. My speculation is that it = scum!bessie trying to play up to the meta of the past three games but jumping the gun.
Wouldn't Bessie be in your scum chat if she was scum?
Good point
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Seven: yo you scum?

bessie: woof!

Seven: fry, his eyes narrowed
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Daily bark!
Pre-post edit: The daily bark will be slightly out of order because I decided to group my confirmation post responses for clarity in a separate post.
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:18 am @somitomi I will support your plan.
Hmmmm. Heury is sheeping somi’s plan to ally on D1. The first post could have been written off as early game fluff, but in the second post he gives an actual reason, implying that he is serious. Also noting that his reason is questionable.
FoS Heury.

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:05 pm Can someone explain to me how to ISO a particular person's posts? I want to count how many times Seven has admitted to being scum.
haha smirk.jpg
haha smirk.jpg (56.74 KiB) Viewed 470 times

somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:59 pm
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:18 am @somitomi I will support your plan.
Man, I thought for sure you'd be down... :cry:
Wam wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:28 pm vote somi

If I had a 2nd vote vote seven
All right, welcome to the team!
Hmmm, somi swapped his responses to heury and wam. Did he expect a different response from one of them and didn’t read the actual responses clearly before he responded? Noting for now because it seems like an odd mistake.

Seven wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:23 pm I'm intentionally being Look-at-me-I'm-so-Towny there and claiming town (which she finds scummy) but she only notes it for later, whereas here she comes right out of the gate strong, which is what I mean by jumping the gun. It doesn't feel like how she naturally evaluates as town.
Can you re-explain why you selected this post and your point? I’m having trouble determine your intent.

Seven wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:39 pm Also, now that I think about it, what about my post 1 anaylisis was good @bessie? It was all coming from a mafia perspective
Your meta reads are on point. However, I find this suspicious:
Seven wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:31 am Seven: her fos, it's weird, especially after I talked about how I was going to try and not repeat the same pattern we've been doing
So, you are planning on deliberately trying not to be confrontational with me? Interesting.

Daily bark to be continued at the top of page three. Confirmation post response to follow first.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Confirmation post responses.

Seven wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:31 am additionally in AI she was suspicious of people for doing basic comfirmation posts, yet here she is suss of my incredibly humorous conformation. Further, she always does this "Claimed Town [-1]" thing but I claimed Mafia, therefore she should think I'm town

(last part is a joke, but still something seems off)
Noting re your “joke”: Joke, or a plan that didn’t work?

Re confirmation posts. In AI (Halloween Mafia), I explained why I was suspicious of people doing basic confirmation posts.

Spoilered references to keep the post clean.

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
bessie wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:41 am
moody7277 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:56 am Vote: Adum

Sus exclamation point is sus.
Quit trying to steal my schtick. Everyone's confirmation post was perfectly acceptable. Which is suspicious.
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:35 am
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:56 pm Just skimming back through Sorc mafia, bessie posted her first Woof-Grr list on Tuesday; the game started the previous Thursday. She did post a bunch of scattered reads prior (not related to confirmation posts, she hasn't actually really been doing that in awhile), but not a full list.
I have noticed that players usually just post “Confirm” now so there is nothing to analyze. And I noted this is suspicious because I am sure it is deliberate, and mafia is afraid of my powers of deduction. I want to say you yourself have done this as scum, but I don’t have time to search for the game. It may have been on Smashboards. I may be misremembering, and it was someone else.
bessie wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:37 am
LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:09 am I seem to recall there was some game where I did a suspicious confirmation post on purpose to poke you, but I don't remember which game it was either. Maybe the one where I was using all emojis? I don't think you were in that game though. I do think that people have generally stopped doing interesting confirmation posts because of your propensity to analyze them in detail yes.
I’m almost positive at least one person said in chat or in a post-game wrap that they only posted “confirm” because I was playing. I don’t want to search the forum and I don’t have time anyway, perhaps I’ll remember it later. There’s also more of a story here but it can wait.
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:51 am
EGW wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:37 pm
bessie wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:37 amEGW, going back to this post from Millerizer Mafia, how do you think this game might differ than that one as to my opening post?
I just re-read, and noted your post about all the confirmation posts being acceptable. I actually like this question. I thought it odd that Zen could find content within the confirmation posts, but with my realization that he is scum, I believe your initial impression was genuine.
bessie wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:41 amQuit trying to steal my schtick. Everyone's confirmation post was perfectly acceptable. Which is suspicious.
This post in retrospect seems genuine. Yet I would like to see a full reads list from you, because it seems like you haven't grasped onto anything yet.
Thank you, someone finally gets it. I’ve been trying to explain this all game. The confirmation posts are very suspicious because they’re all acceptable. Most of the players jumped right into the flavor when the game started, but there was not one “beep” or “circuits on” or anything like that in the confirmation posts. Someone that knows me well is scum and was trying not to draw my attention.
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:46 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:57 am
madge wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:49 amWhen you receive your role PM, please confirm in thread. Do not start playing until Day 1 officially starts.
Also for the record, this is the reason why I confirmed the way I did and perhaps it is why others did too? The emphasis to not start playing seemed to imply the mods didn't want us to post something that might be alignment indicative, and simply confirm.
What is this total and complete nonsense??? I can’t believe a player with Seven’s abilities would post this and expect me to believe it. I like how you’re trying to cover for not only yourself, but are giving your mafia partner(s) an opportunity to join in with this falsity. Madge’s post in no way whatsoever prohibits a player from making a creative confirmation post, like saying “program loaded” and it’s not meant to do so. It’s meant to stop people from posting game content, like their RVS vote. You know better.

Summary: In AI Mafia, I was suspicious that everyone did a basic “confirm” with no extra words, no decorative punctuation (except for the mafia/forum newbies), no conjugation of the verb “to confirm”, or no non-content flavor additions. My conclusion was that someone that knows me well was trying to lay low and keep me from tunneling them from page 1.

somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:59 pm Thinking bessie can only find one kind of confirmation post suspicious -0.5
I had explained this this multiple times on the old forum and if I have time to find references I will post them. The type of confirmation post that I find suspicious is when the post contains relevant game content.
Examples:
Djehutynakht in Vanillafia
SDK in something that I can’t find but I think he was mafia with LaserGuy and jimbob.

EGW wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:40 pm Can you tell me why you dislike Seven's confirmation post, and his continuation of the post gambit. Also, do you have a response to Seven's comment referring to your treatment of their posting compared to the AI game?
I dislike Seven’s confirmation post BECAUSE IT CONTAINS RELEVANT GAME CONTENT!
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:22 pmOn the contrary, a wizard always says exactly what he means to. What I meant there was that I did that on purpose, so "I didn't (make a mistake) or (I made a mistake) deliberately". Depends on whether your outlook on life permits such contradiction in terms as messing up on purpose.
On purpose, for what reason? As in, I want to know your intent there. Also yes I can wait for the line of inquiry to finish before your answer.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Seven wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:30 pmSomi is so witty
Oh stop it, you
bessie wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:35 pm I had explained this this multiple times on the old forum and if I have time to find references I will post them. The type of confirmation post that I find suspicious is when the post contains relevant game content.
Examples:
Djehutynakht in Vanillafia
SDK in something that I can’t find but I think he was mafia with LaserGuy and jimbob.
Just to clarify because I realised the little score I added with no context isn't really all that clear, I'm sussing Seven here slightly for suggesting that your suspicion here is weird because the post your suspicious of is not like the posts your found suspicious in a different game.
EGW wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:03 pm On purpose, for what reason? As in, I want to know your intent there. Also yes I can wait for the line of inquiry to finish before your answer.
I thought it'd be funny
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

@bessie: If you think you've figured out SDK's old trick, more power to you. On the other hand, if this is something you've developed yourself, I'll be interested to see how it plays out in the future. But on the gripping hand, if this is more of the ongoing animus between you and Seven (which I am giving Seven a lot of credit for trying to get away from), I may have to discontinue my policy of default reading you at a +3 (which some of the more skilled players may call "coming to my senses")/
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:12 pm Daily bark!
Pre-post edit: The daily bark will be slightly out of order because I decided to group my confirmation post responses for clarity in a separate post.
Hmmmm. Heury is sheeping somi’s plan to ally on D1. The first post could have been written off as early game fluff, but in the second post he gives an actual reason, implying that he is serious. Also noting that his reason is questionable.
FoS Heury.
I have a thunderdome ability and I kind of want to use it on heury and somi just for the lulz of making their alliance short lived. I won't though.
bessie wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:12 pm
Seven wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:23 pm I'm intentionally being Look-at-me-I'm-so-Towny there and claiming town (which she finds scummy) but she only notes it for later, whereas here she comes right out of the gate strong, which is what I mean by jumping the gun. It doesn't feel like how she naturally evaluates as town.
Can you re-explain why you selected this post and your point? I’m having trouble determine your intent.
Your response to my confirmation post wasn't in line with what I expected from town!bessie, that being for you to brush it off or just make light note it. The root of my expectations is that a) you are familiar with my play and have seen me do similar types of confirmation posts before (the Stallaris quote being an example) and b) you've never seen my shenanigans as particularly AI. For example, in AI mafia where I was constantly alluding to having various roles, I don't think you ever once mentioned finding them suspicious. Your response to my post here sort of reminds me of when Sabrar caught you as maf in Texas Hold'em when you reacted to him posting an image of Joker. Unfortunately, that game is lost to the old site so I can't go back and look at the details.

My speculation is that maf!bessie here either saw something she could easily FoS or she is trying to maintain her meta with me from the past three games. The latter comes from my own experience with rolling maf in a game with people who had just seen me play as town. When doing so, I try to replicate the way I played as town, despite that fact that I like to change up my style each game, just so that people don't find any change in behavior suspicious.

To be clear, I am not saying this is actually the case. It's speculative and I've only expanded on it because Ran wanted to know my thoughts. Your lasts two posts are pretty towny.
bessie wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:12 pm
Seven wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:39 pm Also, now that I think about it, what about my post 1 anaylisis was good @bessie? It was all coming from a mafia perspective
Your meta reads are on point. However, I find this suspicious:
Seven wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:31 am Seven: her fos, it's weird, especially after I talked about how I was going to try and not repeat the same pattern we've been doing
So, you are planning on deliberately trying not to be confrontational with me? Interesting.
Yes. Do you find our death tunnel spiral to be fruitful?
Seven (she, him, their)
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Vote: Seven
EGW

Post by EGW »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:01 am Vote: Seven
Can you go into this? I thought you were joking at first.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Morning bark!

somitomi wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:33 pm Just to clarify because I realised the little score I added with no context isn't really all that clear, I'm sussing Seven here slightly for suggesting that your suspicion here is weird because the post your suspicious of is not like the posts your found suspicious in a different game.
Ok I thought this was directed at me.

moody7277 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:22 am @bessie: If you think you've figured out SDK's old trick, more power to you. On the other hand, if this is something you've developed yourself, I'll be interested to see how it plays out in the future. But on the gripping hand, if this is more of the ongoing animus between you and Seven (which I am giving Seven a lot of credit for trying to get away from), I may have to discontinue my policy of default reading you at a +3 (which some of the more skilled players may call "coming to my senses")/
1. Analyzing confirmation posts is not new for me. I’ve been doing it since at least Vanillafia in 2015. Why are you now suspicious of me in 2024?
2. Yes SDK was my original inspiration and my role model early in my mafia journey.
3. I can’t duplicate SDK’s pure magic reading people. However, I’ve noticed that players that post game content in their confirmation posts are more likely to be non-town. I don’t have any statistics (I miss Deva they could probably pull up a chart) so I guess this is more of a feeling than a fact. Fluff is fine. And so are technical questions.
4. Any reads or questions directed at Seven are based on his content in this game.
5. I don’t need a +3 handicap at the start of the game. I feel I can earn a +3 rating with my content.

Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:09 am Your response to my confirmation post wasn't in line with what I expected from town!bessie, that being for you to brush it off or just make light note it. The root of my expectations is that a) you are familiar with my play and have seen me do similar types of confirmation posts before (the Stallaris quote being an example)
You are (deliberately?) misunderstanding the reason for my original FoS. The reason is not for the actual content. The reason is that you posted game content in your confirmation post.
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:09 am b) you've never seen my shenanigans as particularly AI.
The gambit is not alignment indicative in itself. The reason I did not remove my FoS was because you continuing the gambit verified that your confirmation post was game content, not fluff.

Anyway my question may not have been clear. Let me ask in a different way. You expect town!bessie to respond to your confirmation post by brushing it off. How does the Stellaris post support that? I was mafia in that game.
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:09 am Yes. Do you find our death tunnel spiral to be fruitful?
I find your label misleading. Any and all D1 content is useful. I am allowing the content to guide my reads, not the other way around.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

bessie wrote:1. Analyzing confirmation posts is not new for me. I’ve been doing it since at least Vanillafia in 2015. Why are you now suspicious of me in 2024?
2. Yes SDK was my original inspiration and my role model early in my mafia journey.[/bessie]

Well, these two together track. And I'm not suspicious of you for doing it, it's just not one of the headlines for the dossier on you; those are the no RVS and no mass claim that I already quipped about.
bessie wrote:3. I can’t duplicate SDK’s pure magic reading people. However, I’ve noticed that players that post game content in their confirmation posts are more likely to be non-town. I don’t have any statistics (I miss Deva they could probably pull up a chart) so I guess this is more of a feeling than a fact. Fluff is fine. And so are technical questions.
No one can do what he did (the Lego game where he got DJ when we were scummates was nightmarish), but I do thank you for explaining your version of the trick.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

quote tag fix
bessie wrote:1. Analyzing confirmation posts is not new for me. I’ve been doing it since at least Vanillafia in 2015. Why are you now suspicious of me in 2024?
2. Yes SDK was my original inspiration and my role model early in my mafia journey.[/bessie]

Well, these two together track. And I'm not suspicious of you for doing it, it's just one of the headlines for the dossier on you; those are the no RVS and no mass claim that I already quipped about.
bessie wrote:3. I can’t duplicate SDK’s pure magic reading people. However, I’ve noticed that players that post game content in their confirmation posts are more likely to be non-town. I don’t have any statistics (I miss Deva they could probably pull up a chart) so I guess this is more of a feeling than a fact. Fluff is fine. And so are technical questions.
No one can do what he did (the Lego game where he got DJ when we were scummates was nightmarish), but I do thank you for explaining your version of the trick.
EGW

Post by EGW »

I think Bessie is town here.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Heury to me seems to have the most equity for scum in my mind. Mostly due to his vote on Bessie, which is him agreeing to a vote bloc with a person random voting. I think scum are stalling and I mostly have town reads and a few null reads that are barely even scumhunting besides the slight scum ping I have on Heury. Will go over those later. I will be going to the bar with friends.