Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

What you're all really here for.
boomfrog

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

Post by boomfrog »

Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:23 am In an ideal world - Zen who would you yeet?
Boom - who would you yeet
Madge - who would you yeet
Fonyt - who would you yeet
in an ideal world whoever I yeet would be scum. But to answer your real question:

Probably Fonti.

Why did you ask me? I think my answer was extremely obvious. Why did you not ask JC or Sabrar?
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:09 pm
Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:23 am In an ideal world - Zen who would you yeet?
in an ideal world whoever I yeet would be scum. But to answer your real question:

Probably Fonti.

Why did you ask me? I think my answer was extremely obvious. Why did you not ask JC or Sabrar?
I asked my 'bottom 4' players
The Great Deceiver / He Who Shall Not Be Blamed / Swiss Of A Thousand Plans
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Probably Fonti.

Why did you not mention Bessie here?
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:00 pm Wtf sabrar? The very next post:
My mistake, I didn't look for ebwop-s. I will reread when I have a little more time.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Votecount 2.12

1. Boomfrog
2. Swiss
3. Madge
4. Seven
5. JC
6. Fonti
7. bessie
8. Sabrar

Not voting:
Boomfrog, Swiss, Madge, Seven, JC, Fonti, Bessie, Sabrar

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

With 8 players, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

The deadline for Day 2 is Friday December 15th at 11:59PM EST
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

VLA

Putting a pet to sleep.

Will ask for replacement if I'm for more than 24 hours.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:50 am @JC thoughts on Swiss?
Haven't really felt like Swiss's posts have been coming from a scummy POV, and the post about you gloating in thread makes quite a bit of sense.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Fucking hell I’m sorry Font.

Thoughts with you
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

fontisian wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:44 pm VLA

Putting a pet to sleep.

:cry: Take care. That sucks.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:45 pm
Haven't really felt like Swiss's posts have been coming from a scummy POV, and the post about you gloating in thread makes quite a bit of sense.
So you are keeping up with everything? Can you share your thoughts on everyone in thread?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:24 pm

Probably Fonti.

I already had two good examples. Why do you have Sabrar as so lock town? What's actually townie about his play?
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

And seven why did you choose JC specifically for that question
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:26 pm
Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:24 pm
boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:09 pm in an ideal world whoever I yeet would be scum. But to answer your real question:

Probably Fonti.

I already had two good examples. Why do you have Sabrar as so lock town? What's actually townie about his play?
“Two good examples” of what exactly? The only three other players? And it didn’t occcur to you I was asking those I most scumspect? Bizarre from you here.

And re: sabrar nothing he’s done is a problem for me. I collated him as town and haven’t had cause to reconsider him. It would take something truly crazy for me to switch to Sabrar Elim
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Let me re-reread.

Other than Zen and likely Boom I’m still one firm scum read short
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

This two good examples thing makes no sense
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:00 pmIt's MYLO, you need a full team theory at least.
No I don't. I have always taken things one step at a time. If you're looking for a complete solve you are likely introducing bias in your reasoning when interpreting connections.
I may have been trigger-happy to jump on you, I still don't like how you started the wagon on wam.

Reread part1: JC
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:40 pmWell, the rolecop gives the roleblocker an advantage they didn't have before, in that now they don't have to use it blindly. There is probably 2 or 3 mafia on that vote.
IIRC I saw that kind of statement more often come from scum as it provides a justification for pushes later. prepost edit: That said JC never brings it up again (except if you consider his vote on Seven an extension of that).

Carefree tone coming from these posts.
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:02 amI don't know if anyone else did that, but I felt at the time that scum would have no interest in looking at the roles for town until they knew what roles they ended up with.
This is the part that has everyone convinced that JC is town, right? With Seven's words: why is this not easily fakeable? It's not like it happened D0, JC had plenty of time to prepare it (or be coached to do it) while other slips were discussed.

His confusion here feels genuine. This also feels natural.

And that's it. Overall I like JC's tone and nothing jumps out as especially scum-indicative.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

What are your thoughts on Fonti and Boom?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Reread part2: madge

madge makes the same mistake as bessie, by providing only 2 roles as an answer to boomfrog's question here. This never gets noticed by anyone.
I think her whole progression during the role-discussion is natural. bessie used to warn me not to underestimate scum!madge but I just don't see that here.
During eod madge says she cannot keep up. I think scum!madge would have tried more to put in some effort. This might be faked though.
Her push on me is reasonable from her specific perspective.

madge is probably town.
boomfrog

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 0)

Post by boomfrog »

Sabrar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:44 pm madge makes the same mistake as bessie, by providing only 2 roles as an answer to boomfrog's question here. This never gets noticed by anyone
:o I think I noticed this originally but then forgot.
madge wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:48 am the weak doctor seems strictly worse than doctor as the weak doctor would really struggle to breadcrumb appropriately.
Actually, this is the kind of town slip I was hoping for. If scum debated the roles madge would know why weak doc can be stronger than doc. So if madge is scum, scum had no internal discussion about roles. And madge loves debating powers so that seems unlikely.

I agree madge is probably town.

Which means my current theories need reconsideration...
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

That's a good one Sabrar
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

Condolances for font :(
boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:05 pm @madge: I'm considering worlds where you are town and if so we need to vote together as a block. I like your sabrar theory, do you have any other reads that aren't based on speaker for the dead?

What has stuck out to you this game? Just please type up what you are thinking because I do not have enough content from you to judge well.
sorry, i don't have enough content from me. i'm not really able to concentrate. i don't like the fast pace of this game.

this is my readslist:
MADGE'S ACTUAL READS

[scum, all based on vibes]
seven (very suspicious that ur vengeful)
boom
SABRAR

[town]
everyone else

[towniest town]
bessie

MADGE'S CONFTOWN SHEEPING MASTERLIST:

Mak: scum JC, bessie votable
Wam: scum boom
moody: too close to call
fredd: nothing useful
I find the idea that LG/Moody targeted bessie interesting and that maybe takes her out of my "towniest" box

i really feel strongly that LG/moody would target sabrar, so he'd still be my pick to vote off today.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

madge wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:30 pm I find the idea that LG/Moody targeted bessie interesting and that maybe takes her out of my "towniest" box

i really feel strongly that LG/moody would target sabrar, so he'd still be my pick to vote off today.
I actually asked for weak doc to protect me. How does this impact your read of me?
Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:35 am Mason - Boom or Font
I'll Vig Bessie or Zen
Doc - Me
Weak Doc - Me
Cop - dont care
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bless, Font
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

The daily bark is coming soon, but this deserves its own post.
fontisian wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:44 pm VLA

Putting a pet to sleep.

I'm so sorry. Take whatever time you need. Or we understand if you don't want to continue with the game.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Daily bark! Ok, where was I? Oh yes, Seven answered my questions!

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:16 am A. We had three deaths. That is only possible if Weak Doc targeted scum, the vig shot someone, and scum shot someone. Laser died from the first. Mak was generally town read after the early suspicion. Fred was a mystery to most people except myself (and Boom). Therefore Mak was night killed and Fred was vigged. I'm so confused on why this is confusing to you/Swiss. I could be wrong of course, this is just my impression of where Mak was at with the possible vig candidates.
I wanted to make sure I understood you. You believe Mak was night killed, Fred was vigged, and you’re giving me the side eye because you’re implying that you suspect me of vigging Fred. I was also hoping to get the reasons for your assessment of the night action targets, which you did not previously provide.

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:16 am B. I unvoted you because of your apparent conviction that me/Fred/wam were scum. I stayed off of you because your willingness to put yourself at hammer, and in particular because you asked Boom, who I felt was scum. I didn't think you'd openly ask Boom if he were your mate. It came off as you looking for his advice.
Noted.

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:16 am C. I'm not sure if this is asking about why I wanted to yeet you or why I didn't want to yeet Wam, so I'll answer both. I wanted to yeet you because, you being scum for certain implicated Boom/Fonti because that's the only scenario you do a fake slip. It would also look good for Wam and good for me. I didn't want to yeet Wam because he was here all day, no one was pushing him, then when he said he was going to bed, all the sudden Boom started pushing him. I felt it was cheap and cowardly. Go at him when he's here. It's not about being here at the deadline. If Boom and Wam had duked it out earlier in the day, then it would have totally been fine to yeet him despite him not being present at deadline.
Noted. I think I have a follow up question somewhere.

Oh, here it is:
bessie wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:13 am
boomfrog wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:25 pm So he wanted to see if I was willing to yeet bessie. That's why he ran the wagon at her last minute.
Seven please react to this.
@BoomFrog, what do you think of Seven’s reply above? What do you think of his reason for pushing to yeet me?

fontisian wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:45 am I've started historical european martial arts, with a focus on german long sword. Looking to start a saber class soon.

Been doing boffer fighting in larps for about two years now.
This is awesome! That is all.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:02 pm
madge wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:48 am the weak doctor seems strictly worse than doctor as the weak doctor would really struggle to breadcrumb appropriately.
Actually, this is the kind of town slip I was hoping for. If scum debated the roles madge would know why weak doc can be stronger than doc. So if madge is scum, scum had no internal discussion about roles. And madge loves debating powers so that seems unlikely.

I agree madge is probably town.
Madge replaced after Day 0 started. Your reason is invalid.
bessie waiting for boom to explain.png
bessie waiting for boom to explain.png (142.06 KiB) Viewed 44751 times

Back later.