7. bessie
8. Sabrar

Not voting:
Boomfrog, Swiss, Madge, Seven, JC, Fonti, Bessie, Sabrar

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

With 8 players, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

The deadline for Day 2 is Friday December 15th at 11:59PM EST
fontisian

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

Post by fontisian »

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:55 am
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:56 pm
Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:26 pm How about if Im right, you have to join the next game of my choosing :3
That would be a promise I can't uphold. Sorry hun.
Aw you’re no fun. Is it because you’re scum and know that I’m right?
I think if I were scum and you were right, I'd be tempted to give it to you.

But no, I can't agree because I'll be dipping after this game. I think playing mafia is a kind of stressor that I don't really want in my life anymore. I can get the same kind of dopamine hits from activities that are healthier for me (like sword fighting!!)

Sorry to hear about you being sick, Madge. I hope you feel better soon.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

fontisian wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:28 am
Seven wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:55 am
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:56 pm
That would be a promise I can't uphold. Sorry hun.
Aw you’re no fun. Is it because you’re scum and know that I’m right?
I think if I were scum and you were right, I'd be tempted to give it to you.

But no, I can't agree because I'll be dipping after this game. I think playing mafia is a kind of stressor that I don't really want in my life anymore. I can get the same kind of dopamine hits from activities that are healthier for me (like sword fighting!!)

Sorry to hear about you being sick, Madge. I hope you feel better soon.
This is devastating but I get it and support you. What kind of sword fighting? Fencing? Ive always wanted to try.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

I don't think it's devastating. I think it might just be the way I've grown.

I've started historical european martial arts, with a focus on german long sword. Looking to start a saber class soon.

Been doing boffer fighting in larps for about two years now.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

fontisian wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:45 am I don't think it's devastating. I think it might just be the way I've grown.

I've started historical european martial arts, with a focus on german long sword. Looking to start a saber class soon.

Been doing boffer fighting in larps for about two years now.
I meant devastating for me cause you’re one of my favorite mafia players of all time.

And thats hella dope!!!
Seven (she, him, their)
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Ah, yeah. Well, maybe I'll pop in occasionally >_>
bessie

Post by bessie »

Woof! Ok, where was I?

Open questions from yesterday:
Swiss wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:11 am
Seven wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:27 am I'm not eliminating Wam when he's not here. Yeet bessie. Good info.
Why?
I’m still interested in an answer to this question. Swiss, are you? Will you push Seven to answer?

bessie wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:13 am
boomfrog wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:25 pm So he wanted to see if I was willing to yeet bessie. That's why he ran the wagon at her last minute.
Seven please react to this.
Seven, was BoomFrog correct in his analysis?

bessie wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:53 am
Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:03 am moody's highest town read was bessie (+4). Probably who he targeted.
Perhaps. Did I also kill Fred? Please explain the remark quoted below.
bessie wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:13 am
Seven wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:31 am Whichever one of you killed Fred (side eye at bessie) needs to sit in timeout.
Explain this. In as much detail as you feel appropriate.
Still interested in this. Seven, are you going to answer?

New content!

Swiss wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:59 am
Seven wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:27 am I'm not eliminating Wam when he's not here. Yeet bessie. Good info.
What info would you have got?
Good, Swiss is pushing Seven to answer this.

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:15 pm @Bessie were you scumreading Mak before he flipped?
Not really, but I wasn’t townreading him either. At the end of D1 (until Wam claimed) I was confident I had solved the game, and didn’t bother trying very hard to sort Mak. Or moody, or Madge. Those three ended up on the scummy side of my Woof-Grr list based on my unreliable gut.

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:10 pm
Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:54 pm Yo I got a mod warning for saying bessie is full of shit. It’s a FoS pun. I’m not being emotive. Bessie and I are good friends. We share a dark humor and she knows I love her. Apologies if that lack of context made anyone uncomf!
Just say "full of dandruff" next time.
Nonetheless, we should remember that we are in the game world and should be mindful of others’ feelings. If I thought two other players were having a real fight, it would give me a lot of anxiety and I would be unable to play properly. I would be more concerned about not antagonizing the players having the argument.

I would be irked if someone said I was full of dandruff, so that’s probably a good one to use.

Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:14 pm Bessie is town. She wouldn't have asked scum!Boom this otherwise:
bessie wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:54 am Oh shit are we really at E-2?

Boom do I switch to me?
What does this mean? In my puppy mind I was asking townboomsensai what to do for the good of town. Seven was moving the votes around and it was six minutes to deadline.

boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:05 pm
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:02 pm Boom, why do you think Vig shot Mak and not Fred?
Because who would possibly shoot Fred? He seemed pretty obv town and that was confirmed by several players.
Not true. Did you forget about me? Fred was my main scum read.

Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:06 pm
boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:57 pm Yes...? More wagons D1 means more to analyze. Swerving a wagon at someone is one of the best ways to see real actions and reveal real preferences.
Except if you're swerving and accidentally cause a misyeet because people post at the same time and hammer. Moving a wagon onto someone who you do not want to yeet is foolish. I can imagine Seven being that reckless but I don't think you would.
I like this, I had the same thought but was having trouble putting it into words.

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:24 pm You and Bessie made the same assumption. I'm noting it.
Good to know someone is reading my content because no one else has acknowledged that post, and Seven keeps evading my questions concerning the night actions.

Oh hey Seven answered my questions! More later I want to analyze the answers.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:43 pm
boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:20 pmI was looking for similar slips such as what Mak and moody did.
This is post hoc argument. You had moody at fairly null at that time. You asked him about the 2 doc thing eod but never drew the conclusion that it was a slip. Not even here where it could have been crucial, after which you never bring it up again.
It also doesn't explain why you thought that wam would be capable of faking a specific town-slip but not able to fake another, especially after seeing others doing so.
Fair, I agree post hoc about Moody, but not mak. I was unsure about moody to the end. But it was just an example, the point is wam didn't have something to make me reconsider.

And I didn't think he faked the 'town slip' you identified. I thought that scum wam would say the same thing naturally because scum probably didn't talk about fake claiming strategy yet. So I didn't think it was alignment indicative.

Who would you have yeeted D1 from the options at deadline? And can I get a read list from you? You've been keeping your cards close to your chest.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I had so many conversations here that I didn't have haha.
Seven (she, him, their)
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:57 am I had so many conversations here that I didn't have haha.
What?
The Great Deceiver / He Who Shall Not Be Blamed / Swiss Of A Thousand Plans
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:55 pm I think Zen might be town for the paranoid flip-flopping.
I don't feel he is
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

^Flip flopping that is
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:32 pm So it's back to figuring out which of Swiss and Madge is the third.

1. If you assume Boom is scum, then it follows that he is vengeful. I'm deriving this from the way scum would divvy up roles among themselves. Boom knows how to play just the right amount of scumminess to teeter on the edge of being eliminated. It's reminiscent of when Boom and I were partners in Witchhunt. He had a vengeful role there and we utilized it with a bussing strategy. Note that if you assume Fonti is scum, she is Rolecop since she has the greatest deep wolf abilities.

2. Scum are likely bussing one another with the goal of Boom being eliminated. I do think scum knew Wam was Doc and Boom was willing to let his scum by pushing for his yeet because he knew he could be bussed today, creating polarized factions of which his partners were on the other end. E.g. Fonti vs Boom, the showdown!

3. One of Swiss and Madge is the third but I'm not sure which. I've been flipping on Madge throughout. Weirdness around eliminating Boom would be an indicator due to bus strat, but both of them have weirdness. Madge's quickvoted Boom and Swiss has had a sudden reversed read. I think probably this post is supports the idea that it's Swiss:
boomfrog wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:10 pm
Swiss wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm Boom buddying up to Zen is not what I expected to see. Boom is making a play i just need to understand what the play

My instinct is
Swiss/Bessie/JC/Sabrar Town
Madge Font Likely town
Zen Boon Scum

I appreciate this necessitates I am incorrect
Don't let my Seven read taint your Town read of me. Fonti is looking for cracks in town. They know they can't change my mind so they put me at 100% scum. No one should be 100% about anyone here.
My reasoning comes from the assumption that Boom has resigned himself to being the elim today. Therefore, this post would have no utility except for scum theater.
Zen please list your actual reads I can't keep track of this.

I am also devastatingly hungover
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:14 pm Fuck it, I'll just talk.

Eod 1 was midnight, my time. I went in with loose reads, a strong townread on wam and a desire to a get a yeet. I was thinking about both you and boom as weird presences on my radar, while also knowing I didn't have the energy to yeet either of you, and I had accepted that a Fred yeet wasn't happening and maybe shouldn't happen. I was not fully caught up on posts. I was so tired by the time day ended that I straight up forgot I had put laundry up, and I had to redo it in the morning. I was starting to psych myself up to yeet moody and defend Wam, and the moody felt really fucking town and I flipped to looking anywhere else. I didn't want Wam, I didn't really want JC either, and there was no time and not enough votes, so when you offered Bessie, I took it, and rallied the votes, and you pulled the rug out from under me. Bessie tried to roll over, Wam still felt town, but we needed a yeet and then he claim wording (the "town" doctor) felt off.

If I accept your townread on Bessie as valid (and I think it probably is, regardless of your alignment, though I have an outstanding thought there), then I'm left looking at an eod with a ton of town v town fighting. I don't think I played it as well I should have, but I also know that this is a weird space for me, one I haven't been in in a while, and at least I correctly picked up on town being town and tried to push the yeet elsewhere. And if Bessie is scum, then I fucking nailed it at eod and I will accept no criticism.

I think it's worth saying that I have only ever been yeeted by you all as town (and I think maybe once as scum when I knew it'd give me team the win?). The constant talking about how good my scum game is has made playing town with this group kind of miserable. The solving is still fun, but the constant paranoia is frustrating and makes it harder for me to do the hunting I enjoy.
Bold at top I like.

Bolded at bottom I will talk about shortly. This was Font talking to Zen
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:38 pm 1) It was obvious that moody was town at that point.
Dislike.

Regardless of it was true or not. That said don't think it was.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:38 pm 3) Your promise to Frozen that you would yeet JC if Frozen died. And your comment to not tunnel JC if you died. It’s so fake.
However this is salient. But could be a set up. It's a very 'mechanical' way to scumread.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:50 pm
Seven wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:22 pmWe shouldn't be worried about hitting vengeful. We only needed to avoid them in a 3v2. Getting rid of them is good because it avoids that potential scenario from happening.
I agree with this analysis. How do you reconcile that with your conviction that scum's plan for today is to get the Vengeful yeeted? Don't you think that a Boom+fonti+x team also would have thought of that?
Also, if you are convinced that Boom is Vengeful why are you stating that you would vote fonti over him every time? It would just set up the exact 3v2 scenario that we want to avoid.
Your reads pls
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:25 pm If the vig shoots the vengeful, we gain a yeet.

Also, I don't think Boom would have assigned vengeful to himself on D0 unless his team was very strong (with like zen/sab/swiss).
"If you are ever eliminated by town vote at any point in the game, the Mafia faction receives an additional kill that night."

WOOOOOOOOW somehow I still hadn't grasped this. We absolutely want to vig the vengeful. I understood that whenever (and regardless) of how the venge dies they are guaranteed 2 kills.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Cringing irl at me slagging people off for not understanding the mechanics while also not understanding the mechanics.

boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:55 pm
Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:50 pm
Seven wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:22 pmWe shouldn't be worried about hitting vengeful. We only needed to avoid them in a 3v2. Getting rid of them is good because it avoids that potential scenario from happening.
I agree with this analysis. How do you reconcile that with your conviction that scum's plan for today is to get the Vengeful yeeted? Don't you think that a Boom+fonti+x team also would have thought of that?
Also, if you are convinced that Boom is Vengeful why are you stating that you would vote fonti over him every time? It would just set up the exact 3v2 scenario that we want to avoid.
What Fonti said. Ideal play is to identify a full scum team toDay, pick the most likely target who isn't vengeful and have the vig shoot the likely vengeful target (unless we yeeted vengful). That gives us basically an extra town yeet if we don't yeet the vig or the vengeful.
This is correct.
boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:00 pm
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:54 pm But my main point was I read Mak right, which iirc others were skeptical about, and apparently was contentious enough that someone Eliminated him.
But so what? Means my reads were good too. I'm not harping on about it.

NAI but dislike in principle. Not sure why I'm posting this now.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:01 pm
Swiss wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:07 am
fontisian wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:50 pm Fucking hell.
This I like
Why?
Towny exasperation. Font was typing how I was feeling (about my own back/forth).

I like you asking this.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

In an ideal world - Zen who would you yeet?
Boom - who would you yeet
Madge - who would you yeet
Fonyt - who would you yeet
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:26 pm How about if Im right, you have to join the next game of my choosing :3
This I like
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:23 am In an ideal world - Zen who would you yeet?
Boom - who would you yeet
Madge - who would you yeet
Fonyt - who would you yeet
You, since all you're doing is commenting on stuff but not actually doing anything.
Seven (she, him, their)
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:56 am
Oh. I’m so used to manipulating people into doing what I want that I forget that I can just say what I want.
[/quote]

I'll say this now but it's not just about this quote.

None of you seem to understand how mindgamey and games within games the old forum was. If you guys are playing chequers now, we played harry potter 3d irl chess (when it's their actual lives on the line in Philosophers stone). I used to fucking confirm my actual alignment every game in my confirmation post every game until people realised I was *really* doing it. Wifom within wifom. Zen lived and breathed this with us, and was amongst our best players.

Zen has repeatedly talked about how great he is this game. About how the 'mastermind' won this same game last time. He's talked about scum are playing it the way he would etc

He's gloating about the win before the win. And his attitude has become more and more 'dgamesy' toDay now that we're on the ropes. I hate it.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:24 am
Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:43 pm
boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:20 pmI was looking for similar slips such as what Mak and moody did.
This is post hoc argument. You had moody at fairly null at that time. You asked him about the 2 doc thing eod but never drew the conclusion that it was a slip. Not even here where it could have been crucial, after which you never bring it up again.
It also doesn't explain why you thought that wam would be capable of faking a specific town-slip but not able to fake another, especially after seeing others doing so.
Fair, I agree post hoc about Moody, but not mak. I was unsure about moody to the end. But it was just an example, the point is wam didn't have something to make me reconsider.

And I didn't think he faked the 'town slip' you identified. I thought that scum wam would say the same thing naturally because scum probably didn't talk about fake claiming strategy yet. So I didn't think it was alignment indicative.

Who would you have yeeted D1 from the options at deadline? And can I get a read list from you? You've been keeping your cards close to your chest.
This I like