Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

What you're all really here for.
boomfrog

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 1)

Post by boomfrog »

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:54 pm
Swiss wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:06 am
boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:10 amMy D1 town reads were good.
Dislike
boomfrog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:52 pm Town
Freddino - town slipped repeatedly
Makhaira - I think the cumulative slips add up to sincere.
Sabrar- good analysis, giving away a lot of town clears.
bessie - town slip is likely real. Only scum with fonti or seven.
Seven - giving out the Mak town clear was very townie unless exactly buddies with Mak, but was very risky is buddies with mak. Still loses town cred if mak is scum.

moody - fairly null but void analysis so far. Slight town lean
Swiss - Hard to read due to his inability to read. But most of his takes seem to be ligit. Still, like reading a horoscope.
JC-DADDY - ehh shortly after moves to town
madge - slightly scummy but mostly null

fontisian - generally townie but that is well within their scum wheelhouse. Has over emphasized other townies points which is their scum style when trying to manipulate town. (Fonti's pronouns are They/them btw, many seem to have missed that.). If scum then likely buddies with wam.

Wam - Too confident in town reading me and Seven with no reasons.
Scum

I'm going to reread wam to make sure there wasn't a town slip D0.
You townread everyone apart from Wam.

My life would be much easier if you didn't die so early in hAIloween
These town reads are only good if the scum team is exactly me, madge and JC.
Or you-madge-swiss.

But my main point was I read Mak right, which iirc others were skeptical about, and apparently was contentious enough that someone Eliminated him.
boomfrog

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

Post by boomfrog »

Swiss wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:07 am
fontisian wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:50 pm Fucking hell.
This I like
Why?
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:55 pm
Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:50 pm
Seven wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:22 pmWe shouldn't be worried about hitting vengeful. We only needed to avoid them in a 3v2. Getting rid of them is good because it avoids that potential scenario from happening.
I agree with this analysis. How do you reconcile that with your conviction that scum's plan for today is to get the Vengeful yeeted? Don't you think that a Boom+fonti+x team also would have thought of that?
Also, if you are convinced that Boom is Vengeful why are you stating that you would vote fonti over him every time? It would just set up the exact 3v2 scenario that we want to avoid.
What Fonti said. Ideal play is to identify a full scum team toDay, pick the most likely target who isn't vengeful and have the vig shoot the likely vengeful target (unless we yeeted vengful). That gives us basically an extra town yeet if we don't yeet the vig or the vengeful.
I want to note that I did not say this, and vig should be very wary of being coached on who to shoot. They should aim for /their/ best guess at vengeful.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@madge: Why did you say your be ready to move your vote at EoD1 but then didn't help finalize the yeet on Bessie or Wam?
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Boom, why do you think Vig shot Mak and not Fred?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:01 pm
boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:55 pm
Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:50 pm
I agree with this analysis. How do you reconcile that with your conviction that scum's plan for today is to get the Vengeful yeeted? Don't you think that a Boom+fonti+x team also would have thought of that?
Also, if you are convinced that Boom is Vengeful why are you stating that you would vote fonti over him every time? It would just set up the exact 3v2 scenario that we want to avoid.
What Fonti said. Ideal play is to identify a full scum team toDay, pick the most likely target who isn't vengeful and have the vig shoot the likely vengeful target (unless we yeeted vengful). That gives us basically an extra town yeet if we don't yeet the vig or the vengeful.
I want to note that I did not say this, and vig should be very wary of being coached on who to shoot. They should aim for /their/ best guess at vengeful.
Didn't mean to put words in your mouth when I added my extra thoughts. I should have said, "what Fonti said, and..."
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:02 pm Boom, why do you think Vig shot Mak and not Fred?
Because who would possibly shoot Fred? He seemed pretty obv town and that was confirmed by several players.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:57 pm Yes...? More wagons D1 means more to analyze. Swerving a wagon at someone is one of the best ways to see real actions and reveal real preferences.
Except if you're swerving and accidentally cause a misyeet because people post at the same time and hammer. Moving a wagon onto someone who you do not want to yeet is foolish. I can imagine Seven being that reckless but I don't think you would.
Also can you answer my other question from that post?
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:05 pm
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:02 pm Boom, why do you think Vig shot Mak and not Fred?
Because who would possibly shoot Fred? He seemed pretty obv town and that was confirmed by several players.
I thought Mak was way townier than Fred.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:06 pm
boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:57 pm Yes...? More wagons D1 means more to analyze. Swerving a wagon at someone is one of the best ways to see real actions and reveal real preferences.
Except if you're swerving and accidentally cause a misyeet because people post at the same time and hammer. Moving a wagon onto someone who you do not want to yeet is foolish. I can imagine Seven being that reckless but I don't think you would.
Also can you answer my other question from that post?
I didn't drive the wagon at Bessie, but I knew Seven wouldn't let things go so I just tried to keep things orderly as I could. I agree it maybe was foolish, but I think it was high risk high reward and it's possible the reward is greater than the risk. But we both know town Seven is reckless, so idk what we are debating here. I think if he'd done it 10 minutes earlier then it was a good move. Swerving 5 minutes to the deadline made me very uncomfortable.
Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:58 pm
boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:01 amThat is not why I voted wam. I voted him because he'd not been notably townie. His D0 analysis wasn't scummy but it was unfortunately NAI, therefore I found no reason not to choose him to yeet. Most people in the game had been notably townie in some way with a few exceptions, and wam was the only one of those exceptions that I could get traction on.
Then why did you single out wam's role-analysis to quote when voting him? What town-slip did you expect to find after dismissing the one I brought up?
If you are finding too many people townie you have to realize that something is wrong with your assessment. However you didn't reconsider, just went with someone who is a typical D1 misyeet.
I was looking for similar slips such as what Mak and moody did. It was basically just a truncated target reread of my top yeet target to make sure I didn't miss anything. In my D1 reads I consider everyone Swiss and below as possible scum. although right after that I moved JC up to town, so that left 4 targets. And we didn't have the numbers to get a majority vote so late on Swiss, Fonti or Madge. I'm not sure what you expected me to do given my reads and the actionable options available. If this was plurality vote game I might... no, I would have still gone for wam. It was a good shot, idk what to say.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:12 pm
I have opinions but I can't see how this does anything but help hunt the vig...
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:22 pm
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:12 pm
I have opinions but I can't see how this does anything but help hunt the vig...
You and Bessie made the same assumption. I'm noting it.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:20 pmI was looking for similar slips such as what Mak and moody did.
This is post hoc argument. You had moody at fairly null at that time. You asked him about the 2 doc thing eod but never drew the conclusion that it was a slip. Not even here where it could have been crucial, after which you never bring it up again.
It also doesn't explain why you thought that wam would be capable of faking a specific town-slip but not able to fake another, especially after seeing others doing so.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Votecount 2.9

1. Boomfrog
2. Swiss
3. Madge
4. Seven
5. JC
6. Fonti
7. bessie
8. Sabrar

Not voting:
Boomfrog, Swiss, Madge, Seven, JC, Fonti, Bessie, Sabrar

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

With 8 players, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

The deadline for Day 2 is Friday December 15th at 11:59PM EST
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:25 pm If the vig shoots the vengeful, we gain a yeet.

Also, I don't think Boom would have assigned vengeful to himself on D0 unless his team was very strong (with like zen/sab/swiss).
Care to put money on it?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

How about if Im right, you have to join the next game of my choosing :3
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

D1 was too short tbh. It was l/l/l with boom being gone for most of the day and part of our town strength being asleep during deadline. I legit would have forced a NL had Fonti not threatened me with repercussions.
Seven (she, him, their)
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:26 pm How about if Im right, you have to join the next game of my choosing :3
That would be a promise I can't uphold. Sorry hun.
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:39 pm D1 was too short tbh. It was l/l/l with boom being gone for most of the day and part of our town strength being asleep during deadline. I legit would have forced a NL had Fonti not threatened me with repercussions.
I was trying to head off the "woops, it was so confusing at eod, I just failed to hammer" excuse. You could have intentionally said you thought a no yeet would be best (I wouldn't have agreed, but you could have).

Also, it would be really nice if we could move eod away from midnight my time.
madge

!!!!

Post by madge »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:02 pm @madge: Why did you say your be ready to move your vote at EoD1 but then didn't help finalize the yeet on Bessie or Wam?
because i had a work xmas function that started at deadline and i didn't realise it would be 30 minutes travel. i did my best but yeah RL stuff

speaking of RL stuff, i have covid!!!! so yeah i'm gonna be low activity for a bit prob.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:56 pm
Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:26 pm How about if Im right, you have to join the next game of my choosing :3
That would be a promise I can't uphold. Sorry hun.
Aw you’re no fun. Is it because you’re scum and know that I’m right?
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

fontisian wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:02 am
Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:39 pm D1 was too short tbh. It was l/l/l with boom being gone for most of the day and part of our town strength being asleep during deadline. I legit would have forced a NL had Fonti not threatened me with repercussions.
I was trying to head off the "woops, it was so confusing at eod, I just failed to hammer" excuse. You could have intentionally said you thought a no yeet would be best (I wouldn't have agreed, but you could have).

Also, it would be really nice if we could move eod away from midnight my time.
Oh. I’m so used to manipulating people into doing what I want that I forget that I can just say what I want.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: !!!!

Post by Seven »

madge wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:43 am
boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:02 pm @madge: Why did you say your be ready to move your vote at EoD1 but then didn't help finalize the yeet on Bessie or Wam?
because i had a work xmas function that started at deadline and i didn't realise it would be 30 minutes travel. i did my best but yeah RL stuff

speaking of RL stuff, i have covid!!!! so yeah i'm gonna be low activity for a bit prob.
Having covid should increase your activity rate since you’ll be home! Also bless and take care <3
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Also on the deadline, we should not be hammering at the official deadline time. We need to have our own pseudo hammer time.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:13 am
Seven wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:31 am Whichever one of you killed Fred (side eye at bessie) needs to sit in timeout.
A) Explain this. In as much detail as you feel appropriate.
Seven wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:45 am bessie probably town
B) Why? Explain.
Swiss wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:11 am
Seven wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:27 am I'm not eliminating Wam when he's not here. Yeet bessie. Good info.
Why?
C) Note to self, look for a reply because I am interested in Seven’s answer.
I've decided to answer these as I'm curious to see where you're going with this dandruff.

A. We had three deaths. That is only possible if Weak Doc targeted scum, the vig shot someone, and scum shot someone. Laser died from the first. Mak was generally town read after the early suspicion. Fred was a mystery to most people except myself (and Boom). Therefore Mak was night killed and Fred was vigged. I'm so confused on why this is confusing to you/Swiss. I could be wrong of course, this is just my impression of where Mak was at with the possible vig candidates.

B. I unvoted you because of your apparent conviction that me/Fred/wam were scum. I stayed off of you because your willingness to put yourself at hammer, and in particular because you asked Boom, who I felt was scum. I didn't think you'd openly ask Boom if he were your mate. It came off as you looking for his advice.

C. I'm not sure if this is asking about why I wanted to yeet you or why I didn't want to yeet Wam, so I'll answer both. I wanted to yeet you because, you being scum for certain implicated Boom/Fonti because that's the only scenario you do a fake slip. It would also look good for Wam and good for me. I didn't want to yeet Wam because he was here all day, no one was pushing him, then when he said he was going to bed, all the sudden Boom started pushing him. I felt it was cheap and cowardly. Go at him when he's here. It's not about being here at the deadline. If Boom and Wam had duked it out earlier in the day, then it would have totally been fine to yeet him despite him not being present at deadline.
Seven (she, him, their)