Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

What you're all really here for.
fontisian

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

Post by fontisian »

I think Zen might be town for the paranoid flip-flopping.

But also, like, bruh, I'm not scum with boom.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Votecount 2.8

1. Boomfrog
2. Swiss
3. Madge
4. Seven
5. JC
6. Fonti
7. bessie
8. Sabrar

Not voting:
Boomfrog, Swiss, Madge, Seven, JC, Fonti, Bessie, Sabrar

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

With 8 players, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

The deadline for Day 2 is Friday December 15th at 11:59PM EST
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

@Bessie were you scumreading Mak before he flipped?
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Swiss wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:45 am
Seven wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:48 pm You and Madge trying to make it seem like you can get anything out of Laser’s death is silly.
Seven wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:34 pm Trying to determine what laser did is silly and a waste of time.
Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:03 am moody's highest town read was bessie (+4). Probably who he [LASER] targeted.
I can't reconcile this
Iirc, this kind of inconsistency id towny for Seven. She'll dismiss an idea, then reconsider later. It looks super weird from outside of her head, but makes sense internally.
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Swiss wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:34 pm Why do I feel like I’m a 2v2 with Font VS you two now
Is that a bad thing?
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

madge wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:37 am yeah but then my confirmation bias made all of your behaviour fit with the narrative i'd invented. flawless logic.
I'm not yeeting madge today.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Yo I got a mod warning for saying bessie is full of shit. It’s a FoS pun. I’m not being emotive. Bessie and I are good friends. We share a dark humor and she knows I love her. Apologies if that lack of context made anyone uncomf!
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:01 amThat is not why I voted wam. I voted him because he'd not been notably townie. His D0 analysis wasn't scummy but it was unfortunately NAI, therefore I found no reason not to choose him to yeet. Most people in the game had been notably townie in some way with a few exceptions, and wam was the only one of those exceptions that I could get traction on.
Then why did you single out wam's role-analysis to quote when voting him? What town-slip did you expect to find after dismissing the one I brought up?
If you are finding too many people townie you have to realize that something is wrong with your assessment. However you didn't reconsider, just went with someone who is a typical D1 misyeet.
boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:01 am
- Seven unvoting bessie comes at a crucial time and is unexplained
I explained, but sure, Seven you should explain too.
If all of you, bessie and Seven are town then do you think it is a wise idea from Seven to start a wagon on bessie which you will join according to their calculations and then you suddenly might have a misyeet?
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:54 pm Yo I got a mod warning for saying bessie is full of shit. It’s a FoS pun. I’m not being emotive. Bessie and I are good friends. We share a dark humor and she knows I love her. Apologies if that lack of context made anyone uncomf!
Just say "full of dandruff" next time.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:55 pm I think Zen might be town for the paranoid flip-flopping.

Your play at EoD was so artificial. The way you unvoted moody. Your thing with JC. There's no way you're town tbh but you will win anyway just like in Things I Like. I wasn't going to yeet your or boom D1 unfortunately, and we were stuck with all townie wagons at EoD. I actually would have let it go to NL, but that timeline was even worse than yeeting Wam.
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:10 pm
Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:54 pm Yo I got a mod warning for saying bessie is full of shit. It’s a FoS pun. I’m not being emotive. Bessie and I are good friends. We share a dark humor and she knows I love her. Apologies if that lack of context made anyone uncomf!
Finger of Darius? It is how he gained the throne.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Seven »

Bessie is town. She wouldn't have asked scum!Boom this otherwise:
bessie wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:54 am Oh shit are we really at E-2?

Boom do I switch to me?
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

So it's back to figuring out which of Swiss and Madge is the third.

1. If you assume Boom is scum, then it follows that he is vengeful. I'm deriving this from the way scum would divvy up roles among themselves. Boom knows how to play just the right amount of scumminess to teeter on the edge of being eliminated. It's reminiscent of when Boom and I were partners in Witchhunt. He had a vengeful role there and we utilized it with a bussing strategy. Note that if you assume Fonti is scum, she is Rolecop since she has the greatest deep wolf abilities.

2. Scum are likely bussing one another with the goal of Boom being eliminated. I do think scum knew Wam was Doc and Boom was willing to let his scum by pushing for his yeet because he knew he could be bussed today, creating polarized factions of which his partners were on the other end. E.g. Fonti vs Boom, the showdown!

3. One of Swiss and Madge is the third but I'm not sure which. I've been flipping on Madge throughout. Weirdness around eliminating Boom would be an indicator due to bus strat, but both of them have weirdness. Madge's quickvoted Boom and Swiss has had a sudden reversed read. I think probably this post is supports the idea that it's Swiss:
boomfrog wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:10 pm
Swiss wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm Boom buddying up to Zen is not what I expected to see. Boom is making a play i just need to understand what the play

My instinct is
Swiss/Bessie/JC/Sabrar Town
Madge Font Likely town
Zen Boon Scum

I appreciate this necessitates I am incorrect
Don't let my Seven read taint your Town read of me. Fonti is looking for cracks in town. They know they can't change my mind so they put me at 100% scum. No one should be 100% about anyone here.
My reasoning comes from the assumption that Boom has resigned himself to being the elim today. Therefore, this post would have no utility except for scum theater.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

let his scum show*
Seven (she, him, their)
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:09 pm
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:55 pm I think Zen might be town for the paranoid flip-flopping.

Your play at EoD was so artificial. The way you unvoted moody. Your thing with JC. There's no way you're town tbh but you will win anyway just like in Things I Like. I wasn't going to yeet your or boom D1 unfortunately, and we were stuck with all townie wagons at EoD. I actually would have let it go to NL, but that timeline was even worse than yeeting Wam.
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:10 pm
Finger of Darius? It is how he gained the throne.
You know you could ask me about eod.
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Fuck it, I'll just talk.

Eod 1 was midnight, my time. I went in with loose reads, a strong townread on wam and a desire to a get a yeet. I was thinking about both you and boom as weird presences on my radar, while also knowing I didn't have the energy to yeet either of you, and I had accepted that a Fred yeet wasn't happening and maybe shouldn't happen. I was not fully caught up on posts. I was so tired by the time day ended that I straight up forgot I had put laundry up, and I had to redo it in the morning. I was starting to psych myself up to yeet moody and defend Wam, and the moody felt really fucking town and I flipped to looking anywhere else. I didn't want Wam, I didn't really want JC either, and there was no time and not enough votes, so when you offered Bessie, I took it, and rallied the votes, and you pulled the rug out from under me. Bessie tried to roll over, Wam still felt town, but we needed a yeet and then he claim wording (the "town" doctor) felt off.

If I accept your townread on Bessie as valid (and I think it probably is, regardless of your alignment, though I have an outstanding thought there), then I'm left looking at an eod with a ton of town v town fighting. I don't think I played it as well I should have, but I also know that this is a weird space for me, one I haven't been in in a while, and at least I correctly picked up on town being town and tried to push the yeet elsewhere. And if Bessie is scum, then I fucking nailed it at eod and I will accept no criticism.

I think it's worth saying that I have only ever been yeeted by you all as town (and I think maybe once as scum when I knew it'd give me team the win?). The constant talking about how good my scum game is has made playing town with this group kind of miserable. The solving is still fun, but the constant paranoia is frustrating and makes it harder for me to do the hunting I enjoy.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:14 pm Fuck it, I'll just talk.

Eod 1 was midnight, my time. I went in with loose reads, a strong townread on wam and a desire to a get a yeet. I was thinking about both you and boom as weird presences on my radar, while also knowing I didn't have the energy to yeet either of you, and I had accepted that a Fred yeet wasn't happening and maybe shouldn't happen. I was not fully caught up on posts. I was so tired by the time day ended that I straight up forgot I had put laundry up, and I had to redo it in the morning. I was starting to psych myself up to yeet moody and defend Wam, and the moody felt really fucking town and I flipped to looking anywhere else. I didn't want Wam, I didn't really want JC either, and there was no time and not enough votes, so when you offered Bessie, I took it, and rallied the votes, and you pulled the rug out from under me. Bessie tried to roll over, Wam still felt town, but we needed a yeet and then he claim wording (the "town" doctor) felt off.

If I accept your townread on Bessie as valid (and I think it probably is, regardless of your alignment, though I have an outstanding thought there), then I'm left looking at an eod with a ton of town v town fighting. I don't think I played it as well I should have, but I also know that this is a weird space for me, one I haven't been in in a while, and at least I correctly picked up on town being town and tried to push the yeet elsewhere. And if Bessie is scum, then I fucking nailed it at eod and I will accept no criticism.

I think it's worth saying that I have only ever been yeeted by you all as town (and I think maybe once as scum when I knew it'd give me team the win?). The constant talking about how good my scum game is has made playing town with this group kind of miserable. The solving is still fun, but the constant paranoia is frustrating and makes it harder for me to do the hunting I enjoy.
That’s the curse that all good scum players have to deal with. For the record though, I’m not paranoid of you, you’re just scummy to me. I had you as scum in TIL, so I wasn’t blindsided in the way that produces paranoia as Boom was. My dying breath was to yeet you but your power level is too high.

As for what was artificial about your posts at EoD.

1) It was obvious that moody was town at that point. I don’t feel like your conviction about it was real though. Your defense was so half hearted. I think if I came in saying to hold strong, you would have revoted.

2) That comment about how JCs post not making sense is what makes him town. It’s so out of place and honestly the only thing that makes me think JC is scum.

3) Your promise to Frozen that you would yeet JC if Frozen died. And your comment to not tunnel JC if you died. It’s so fake.
Seven (she, him, their)
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Seven wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:22 pmWe shouldn't be worried about hitting vengeful. We only needed to avoid them in a 3v2. Getting rid of them is good because it avoids that potential scenario from happening.
I agree with this analysis. How do you reconcile that with your conviction that scum's plan for today is to get the Vengeful yeeted? Don't you think that a Boom+fonti+x team also would have thought of that?
Also, if you are convinced that Boom is Vengeful why are you stating that you would vote fonti over him every time? It would just set up the exact 3v2 scenario that we want to avoid.
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Seven wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:38 pm
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:14 pm Fuck it, I'll just talk.

That’s the curse that all good scum players have to deal with. For the record though, I’m not paranoid of you, you’re just scummy to me. I had you as scum in TIL, so I wasn’t blindsided in the way that produces paranoia as Boom was. My dying breath was to yeet you but your power level is too high.

As for what was artificial about your posts at EoD.

1) It was obvious that moody was town at that point. I don’t feel like your conviction about it was real though. Your defense was so half hearted. I think if I came in saying to hold strong, you would have revoted.

2) That comment about how JCs post not making sense is what makes him town. It’s so out of place and honestly the only thing that makes me think JC is scum.

3) Your promise to Frozen that you would yeet JC if Frozen died. And your comment to not tunnel JC if you died. It’s so fake.
1. I wouldn't have. I was uncertain in general, but sure on that.

fontisian wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:44 am
Seven wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:44 am
boomfrog wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:42 am
Bolded is a town only thought, I don't think JC faked that.

Vote Bessie :cry:
does it make sense though? why wouldn't scum look at the town roles in order to decide what roles they want for themselves
It absolutely no sense at all, which is why it's not a fake slip.
Jc said "I don't know if anyone else did that, but I felt at the time that scum would have no interest in looking at the roles for town until they knew what roles they ended up with." This is so nonsensical it has to be real. As scum, he would know scum chose the town roles, and even if they didnt, they would want to know the potential prs. It can only be a town thought process, because it isn't a scum thought process and it's too weird to fake.

fontisian wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:49 am
Makhaira wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:48 am alright yeah fine we have no time

Unvote: JC
Vote: Bessie

JC doesnt go to endgame if I die promise me that
So sworn.

If I die, don't tunnel him.
This is Frozen telling me to not let scum!JC win, if he dies and I live. That's a. Not a scenario I was really expecting to happen and b. Something I will absolutely promise and then reneg on if I feel confident enough JC is town. If I fuck it up, I'll deal with the criticism from Frozen later. The more important thing was keeping his vote.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:50 pm
Seven wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:22 pmWe shouldn't be worried about hitting vengeful. We only needed to avoid them in a 3v2. Getting rid of them is good because it avoids that potential scenario from happening.
I agree with this analysis. How do you reconcile that with your conviction that scum's plan for today is to get the Vengeful yeeted? Don't you think that a Boom+fonti+x team also would have thought of that?
Also, if you are convinced that Boom is Vengeful why are you stating that you would vote fonti over him every time? It would just set up the exact 3v2 scenario that we want to avoid.
I think it’s more that scum were coming into the day expecting to bus and that Boom was the go to guy for pushing Wam because he is vengeful and therefore can be bussed without extending the number of MLs they need. As opposed to they specifically want to yeet him for the vengeful kill.

In other words, the bus cred + eliminating wam is the essential part. Boom being Vengeful just means they can do it without any drawbacks.

As for who we eliminate, I meant that it doesn’t matter if we yeet vengeful today. As in we shouldn’t be trying to avoid it. However we don’t necessarily need to aim for them either. We only get to 3 v 2 if Vig is a fart or we NL tomorrow.
Seven (she, him, their)
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

If the vig shoots the vengeful, we gain a yeet.

Also, I don't think Boom would have assigned vengeful to himself on D0 unless his team was very strong (with like zen/sab/swiss).
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Actually, two docs also points to a strong scumteam. Why risk them protecting each other unless you're pretty sure the weak will kill themselves on one of you?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:08 pm
fontisian wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:49 am
Makhaira wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:48 am alright yeah fine we have no time

Unvote: JC
Vote: Bessie

JC doesnt go to endgame if I die promise me that
So sworn.

If I die, don't tunnel him.
This is Frozen telling me to not let scum!JC win, if he dies and I live. That's a. Not a scenario I was really expecting to happen and b. Something I will absolutely promise and then reneg on if I feel confident enough JC is town. If I fuck it up, I'll deal with the criticism from Frozen later. The more important thing was keeping his vote.
That seems like a really weird attitude to have. To quote a scholar and a poet: "Words have meaning!". You can't just say, "nah, 'So sworn' doesn't mean anything."
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Sure I can.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:50 pm
What Fonti said. Ideal play is to identify a full scum team toDay, pick the most likely target who isn't vengeful and have the vig shoot the likely vengeful target (unless we yeeted vengful). That gives us basically an extra town yeet if we don't yeet the vig or the vengeful.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:58 pm
boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:01 amThat is not why I voted wam. I voted him because he'd not been notably townie. His D0 analysis wasn't scummy but it was unfortunately NAI, therefore I found no reason not to choose him to yeet. Most people in the game had been notably townie in some way with a few exceptions, and wam was the only one of those exceptions that I could get traction on.
Then why did you single out wam's role-analysis to quote when voting him? What town-slip did you expect to find after dismissing the one I brought up?
If you are finding too many people townie you have to realize that something is wrong with your assessment. However you didn't reconsider, just went with someone who is a typical D1 misyeet.
boomfrog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:01 am
- Seven unvoting bessie comes at a crucial time and is unexplained
I explained, but sure, Seven you should explain too.
If all of you, bessie and Seven are town then do you think it is a wise idea from Seven to start a wagon on bessie which you will join according to their calculations and then you suddenly might have a misyeet?
Yes...? More wagons D1 means more to analyze. Swerving a wagon at someone is one of the best ways to see real actions and reveal real preferences.