Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

What you're all really here for.
EGW

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Deadline Extended, Day 1)

Post by EGW »

Votecount 1.17

1. Boomfrog
2. Wam: Boomfrog, Bessie, Moody, JC
3. Swiss
4. Mak:
5. Fred: Fonti
6. Madge
7. Seven: Swiss
8. moody: Seven, Fred, Sabrar, Madge
9. JC
10. Fonti
11. bessie: Wam
12. Sabrar

Not voting:
Mak

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.
The deadline for Day 1 is Thursday 7th, at 11:59PM EST
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Sabrar wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:19 pm Now I get Swiss' anger at the forum software.
Makhaira wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:10 amSab feels off
Your last comment about me prior to that was a scumlean on me because not voting D0, days ago. You have avoided reacting to my reply. Can you now elaborate?
you're not a very effusive player to begin with, so I see scum!sab being even choosier about his papertrail. minimizing votes is a high order bit method of minimizing paper trail as a long term defensive scum strategy. I'd expect town!sab to understand the value of town on the macro level favoring more votes being cast than fewer, within reason

papertrail minimization if just a good scum strategy generally, which is why being harsh on slots for inactivity is pretty justified, and youll never find me arguing against this regardless of alignment because I do believe it to be pretty unimpeachable

booms slot has me fucked up over it because he had a poorly timed V/LA and like ive been there as town but also as scum and the end result is kinda the same, its a very easy way to hide and play conservatively as scum
boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:47 pm
Sabrar wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:25 pm
boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:09 pm @Seven, swiss and fonti and anyone else who asked me about this, Did you *not* get anything out of it? I thought my reasons where pretty clear to anyone on S team which is why I didn't care about their answers.
I can think of at least 4 perfectly normal reasons off the top of my head why you would ask that and I could still be wrong about what yours was. So no, your specific reason was not 'pretty clear' to me but it was a good question nonetheless.
The reason was because it was a good question. Scum would have to pretend that they hadn't already thought about the answer. Making scum lie is always good.
like this is sort of the same point and I want to give boom town cred for this but I also know boom is fully capable of being consistent on principles like this regardless of alignment

but yeah forcing papertrail = forcing scum to lie more, however subtley
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Swiss wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:44 am I quote Zen/Seven/Xiivi

"Obtuse. You never use to use such a word. I am seriously doubting you're the same person on the Ranmaru account. Either that or you were faking your personality all this time."

https://smashboards.com/threads/dr-who- ... t-15542843
how the actual fuck did you remember a quote from a game 10 years ago lmaoooooooo
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:54 am I ask, because I only play from my phone so the avatars don't even show up on the side. They are small and in the top left corner of every post. Maybe it's a different phone, but I still don't understand how you're blaming the avatars for anything.

Especially when that part is in the middle of his posts, so it's not like you're going to get it confused with someone else's.
Ok, two separate issues:

1. Phone posting, makes it hard when I'm scrolling. I overshoot or just miss things.

2. Computer posting. The avatars make it hard to differentiate new posts and posters. Viewing a game from my laptop is normal how I find the things I missed when staying current on my phone.

Over arching issue: Adhd. Focus is hard, especially when I use most of the focus I have for work. It's the same reason I sometimes miss words in my sentences. I literally do not see them.
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Makhaira wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:55 amThe reason was because it was a good question. Scum would have to pretend that they hadn't already thought about the answer. Making scum lie is always good.
like this is sort of the same point and I want to give boom town cred for this but I also know boom is fully capable of being consistent on principles like this regardless of alignment

[/quote]
I didn't really like boom's question, because it also set up pr hunting.
Makhaira

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 0)

Post by Makhaira »

Freddino18 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:46 am (side note to Mak, if you are scum that is the most brilliant play I have ever seen)
?????????

what are you even referring to hahahaha this is so out of no where

but fred posts actually feel like this have some soul in this game just further pushing my town read
Wam wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:56 pm
Swiss wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:55 pm Wam would you bite on a Freddino elim
No think Fred is too chilled and not worried enough about what people think to be scum.
yeah this basically
fontisian

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 1)

Post by fontisian »

vote moody
Makhaira

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 0)

Post by Makhaira »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:06 am I'm not a very vocal person, so it does tend to seem like I'm lurking. I just don't say something just to say something so I look active. Look at my last game, I just tend to pay this way.
maybe try saying something that actually uh, says something?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

boomfrog wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:32 am Everyone should vote wam or moody. 1.5 hours to deadline and we need a yeet.
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:33 am unvote: Seven

Vote: Wam

I'm getting scummier vibes from Wam than I am Moody.
this juxtaposition is craaaaazy
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

I feel like JC and fred occupy similar contributory spaces this game but jc feels like a bot and fred feels human

boom pushing JC town based off him not realizing you can click the boxes feels forced but does scum!boom stick his neck out like that for his mate D1? someone mentioned scum have daychat right? could be a coached move
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

fontisian wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:49 am I will vote for Moody over wam.
yeah agreed with this

Vote: Moody

majority requirement rules, we need to start consolidating with deadline in what less than an hour?
EGW

Post by EGW »

Votecount 1.18

1. Boomfrog
2. Wam: Boomfrog, Bessie, Moody, JC
3. Swiss
4. Mak:
5. Fred
6. Madge
7. Seven: Swiss
8. moody: Seven, Fred, Sabrar, Madge, Fonti, Mak E-1
9. JC
10. Fonti
11. bessie: Wam
12. Sabrar

Not voting:
No one

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.
The deadline for Day 1 is Thursday 7th, at 11:59PM EST
Last edited by EGW on Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

I'll be here till deadline Im in the middle of a raid but have this up on second monitor

current reads

Town:
Swiss
Fred
Fonti
bessie (least confident on this one)

Meh:

Wam
Boomfrog
Madge
Sabrar

Can go:

Seven
moody
JC
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Wam's last post said he would be out to lunch at zero hour, so to speak

Not sure if Swiss is going to be on

So hammer might have to come from the wam-wagon
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

I started writing that before he posted, but it definitely made me think... well, that don't look good.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Makhaira wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:09 am I feel like JC and fred occupy similar contributory spaces this game but jc feels like a bot and fred feels human

boom pushing JC town based off him not realizing you can click the boxes feels forced but does scum!boom stick his neck out like that for his mate D1? someone mentioned scum have daychat right? could be a coached move
What are you taking about?
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Talking*
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

moody7277 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:13 am Wam's last post said he would be out to lunch at zero hour, so to speak

I'm not voting for this.

Unvote
Vote Wam
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

moody7277 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:13 am Wam's last post said he would be out to lunch at zero hour, so to speak

Scum don't help town hammer them like this. Not when they play like Moody.

This is a town resigned to death.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Vote: bessie
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

fontisian wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:41 am
boomfrog wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:33 am @fonti also please respond to my evaluation of wam's "town slip".
You think he put too much thought into what roles scum would give town for the weak doc thing, but you also think he put no thought into how scum could fake claim. If scum!Wam overthought role distributions, wouldn't he have also thought about safe fake claims?
Distributing roles is something scum already did and must have discussed. Fake claim plans is for late game and could easily have not been discussed yet.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

fontisian wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:01 am
Makhaira wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:55 amThe reason was because it was a good question. Scum would have to pretend that they hadn't already thought about the answer. Making scum lie is always good.

I didn't really like boom's question, because it also set up pr hunting.
[/quote]
I don't see how, but let's try and remember to talk about this D2 is we are both alive. If not please let me know in GoJoe.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:15 am
Makhaira wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:09 am I feel like JC and fred occupy similar contributory spaces this game but jc feels like a bot and fred feels human

What are you taking about?
this
boomfrog wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:29 am
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:02 am Apart from the one you were replying to, one that stood out to me was Mak's about the role cop having a chance at being insane. When it was mentioned that we could click on the roles to see how they worked I clicked on all of them to see what they were.

I don't know if anyone else did that, but I felt at the time that scum would have no interest in looking at the roles for town until they knew what roles they ended up with.

It's a stretch, but something that stood out to me.
JC is town.
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Vote bessie
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I'm not eliminating Wam when he's not here. Yeet bessie. Good info.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina