Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

What you're all really here for.
boomfrog

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 0)

Post by boomfrog »

Wam wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:14 pm
boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:55 pm
Wam wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:10 pm My answer depends on who the scum team are.

If its a steong scum team and can generally appear town as scum I would go for the vig/mason/weak doc combination and hope the weak doc and Mason target scum and take themselves out and the vig hammwrs town.

If the team is weaker and generally appears more suspicious I would go down the vig/doc/masoniser route.
Your weak team picks are the same as your strong picks? Or you really mean normal doc for a weak scum team?
Normal doc so the doc doesn't get clears.
Wam wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:54 am
boomfrog wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:29 am
Wam wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:14 pm

Normal doc so the doc doesn't get clears.
Why switch to normal doc vs weak scum team? Why still give town vig vs a weak team?
The logic was that as a weak team you want to minimise the number of cleared townies and you are less likely to get the weak doc dying overnight as the targets are more likely to be town.

The vig was the last one to fill.up the 3 for the weak team.
Damn man, these are way too well thought through. No saving you here.

Vote wam
fontisian

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Deadline Extended, Day 1)

Post by fontisian »

boomfrog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:52 pm Cool, I'm caught up.

Town
Freddino - town slipped repeatedly
Makhaira - I think the cumulative slips add up to sincere.
Sabrar- good analysis, giving away a lot of town clears.
bessie - town slip is likely real. Only scum with fonti or seven.
Seven - giving out the Mak town clear was very townie unless exactly buddies with Mak, but was very risky is buddies with mak. Still loses town cred if mak is scum.

moody - fairly null but void analysis so far. Slight town lean
Swiss - Hard to read due to his inability to read. But most of his takes seem to be ligit. Still, like reading a horoscope.
JC-DADDY - ehh
madge - slightly scummy but mostly null

fontisian - generally townie but that is well within their scum wheelhouse. Has over emphasized other townies points which is their scum style when trying to manipulate town. (Fonti's pronouns are They/them btw, many seem to have missed that.). If scum then likely buddies with wam.

Wam - Too confident in town reading me and Seven with no reasons.
Scum

I'm going to reread wam to make sure there wasn't a town slip D0.
You should consider posting a defense of Moody, if you're opposed to yeeting them.

I'd also appreciate you quoting where Fred has townslipped.

Also, also, I appreciate the pronouns mention.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Ebwop:

moody - fairly null but good* analysis so far.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

boomfrog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:19 pm
Seven wrote:Unrelated, why were you ready to end Day 0 so soon? I find it interesting considering that your intro post was about being busy.
Wagons weren't going to change so no real information was being generated. If we had infinite RL time I decreased our win chance, but since we don't I'd rather cut some stagnant content. And, as a bonus, I wanted bessie to have a weekend to post analysis of D0 before D1 got too hot.
I think you jumped the gun on that assumption. The wagons were still being formed, activity just wasn't hyperactive. The s team was also waiting on you for the responses to your question so we could be let loose. It seemed sudden that you were ready to end the day because not everyone had yet responded to your question and you had no follow-up. It makes me wonder if scum!you was just eager to get Role Cop locked in. When I was reading over the previous game, I had a similar sort of antsy-eagerness when I was attempting to get the roles I wanted locked. You're usually much more patient when you have set things in motion to analyze (as with your what roles would you give town question), but I think that patience and analysis is missing here.
boomfrog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:19 pm I do think bessie's slip narrows her to only scum if buddies with you, me or fonti.
I love you, and I agree. You're actually my top suspect right now, and bessie's odd behavior is reinforcing that view. I have a draft regarding my initial suspicions of you (I was first pinged by your intro posts) that I've been saving. I wanted to see more from you though before putting you on the defensive and preventing town!you from doing his thing.
fontisian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:50 pmAlso, Zen, are you immitating my playstyle?
I'm not. I'm not sure I have a grasp of what constitutes a Fonti playstyle. I've been partially imitating bessie: long multi-quote walls, once a day. I was even posting during her posting hours. My goal was to have an identical post count as her (so I was excited when she made 3 posts one weekday night, giving me some leeway) but I've since given up on it as it's too inflexible. The style I am playing closest to is Hari Seldon in this game:
Sabrar wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:38 pmI don't agree with Seven that his role-consideration has to be necessarily from a scum pov but he is votable.
I don't think this was me btw. Also why use my reasoning for not voting Fred or Mak and then proceed to shit on my abilities in the same post smh.

Sabrar wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:32 pm [3] + [4] You and I have a very different definition of 'lying'. Example:
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:04 pmThough I do actually have a day vig, but I cannot use it if I vote.
I would classify that as lying, you would not.
That's not correct. You omitted the rest of the quote:
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:04 pm Though I do actually have a day vig, but I cannot use it if I vote. I'm trying to decide which one I want to use today, vig or vote. Vig or vote...hmmm. This is a lie of course. Just like the cake.
--
Sabrar wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:32 pmI would imagine you know what obtuse means. Why would you claim otherwise? it just doesn't make sense. Or I just don't understand the joke in a written form.
I inferred its meaning and made a joke. (If it's important, I really didn't know what it meant. If you need evidence, I'm not sure what the game was, but Bessie used the word before and I responded in kind but used it incorrectly. I believe it was Crossover but I'll have to look it up.)
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Votecount 1.14

1. Boomfrog
2. Wam: Boomfrog
3. Swiss
4. Mak: Moody
5. Fred: Fonti
6. Madge
7. Seven: JC, Swiss
8. moody: Seven, Fred, Sabrar
9. JC
10. Fonti
11. bessie: Wam
12. Sabrar

Not voting:
Madge, Mak, Bessie

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.
The deadline for Day 1 is Thursday 7th, at 11:59PM EST
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Swiss wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:25 am
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:39 pm
Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:42 am For a forum that seems obsessed with discussing mechanics you guys have no fucking clue abut the mechanics of this game
I've been noticing that too. Lots of things said that don't match up.
But what, and who. Otherwise you're not really saying anything.
Do you feel you said more than I did with your comment? Because comparing it to mine, by your own words you didn't really say anything either.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Apart from the one you were replying to, one that stood out to me was Mak's about the role cop having a chance at being insane. When it was mentioned that we could click on the roles to see how they worked I clicked on all of them to see what they were.

I don't know if anyone else did that, but I felt at the time that scum would have no interest in looking at the roles for town until they knew what roles they ended up with.

It's a stretch, but something that stood out to me.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:02 am Apart from the one you were replying to, one that stood out to me was Mak's about the role cop having a chance at being insane. When it was mentioned that we could click on the roles to see how they worked I clicked on all of them to see what they were.

I don't know if anyone else did that, but I felt at the time that scum would have no interest in looking at the roles for town until they knew what roles they ended up with.

Seven (she, him, their)
boomfrog

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 1)

Post by boomfrog »

moody7277 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:22 am boomfrog
post 11: asks me about why there are two types of docs and about vig

I think I missed the point of the first question because I only knew about the regular type of doctor previously
@moody when and how did you learn what a weak doc is?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:02 am Apart from the one you were replying to, one that stood out to me was Mak's about the role cop having a chance at being insane. When it was mentioned that we could click on the roles to see how they worked I clicked on all of them to see what they were.

JC is town.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

boomfrog wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:22 am

I think I missed the point of the first question because I only knew about the regular type of doctor previously
I learned of the existence of such a role at the beginning of this game, I learned what it does when I clicked the spoiler in the OP.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:03 pm
boomfrog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:19 pm
Seven wrote:Unrelated, why were you ready to end Day 0 so soon? I find it interesting considering that your intro post was about being busy.
Wagons weren't going to change so no real information was being generated. If we had infinite RL time I decreased our win chance, but since we don't I'd rather cut some stagnant content. And, as a bonus, I wanted bessie to have a weekend to post analysis of D0 before D1 got too hot.
I think you jumped the gun on that assumption. The wagons were still being formed, activity just wasn't hyperactive. The s team was also waiting on you for the responses to your question so we could be let loose. It seemed sudden that you were ready to end the day because not everyone had yet responded to your question and you had no follow-up. It makes me wonder if scum!you was just eager to get Role Cop locked in. When I was reading over the previous game, I had a similar sort of antsy-eagerness when I was attempting to get the roles I wanted locked. You're usually much more patient when you have set things in motion to analyze (as with your what roles would you give town question), but I think that patience and analysis is missing here.
boomfrog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:19 pm I do think bessie's slip narrows her to only scum if buddies with you, me or fonti.
I love you, and I agree. You're actually my top suspect right now, and bessie's odd behavior is reinforcing that view. I have a draft regarding my initial suspicions of you (I was first pinged by your intro posts) that I've been saving. I wanted to see more from you though before putting you on the defensive and preventing town!you from doing his thing.
The difference is how much attention I've been able to give the game. I didn't want s team to answer because it would have prevented the town slips of the others if they read your answers first. I did realize later that I should have declared s team free to ask questions. But regardless I had no more time or attention to play cat and mouse games. You are getting a much more straight forward boomfrog this game. Hopefully that's not too disappointing.

For the same reason I'm being much more transparent about my reads then I normally would.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

moody7277 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:29 am
boomfrog wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:22 am

I learned of the existence of such a role at the beginning of this game, I learned what it does when I clicked the spoiler in the OP.
How did you do the first without seeing two kinds of doctor listed?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

And when did you learn you could click the spoilers?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

fontisian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:57 pm I'd also appreciate you quoting where Fred has townslipped.
How can you have possibly missed it? You read carefully. You think this is fake??
Freddino18 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:55 am
Seven wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:20 amFrozen (Mak) is town.
Really wish you hadn't said that. We could have used this to subtly bait out dumb scum trying to train Mak. Literally just put that in my notes as a possible strategy, now I have to figure some other way to bait a scum misplay.

Also, Swiss, are you suggesting I'm popping in to a situation where I'm actively putting myself in unnecessary danger and doing it in a flippant manner? I would never ;)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I think you guys may be using town slip as synonymous with town tells. I consider a slip to be an accidental reveal of one's alignment due to a mistake or misunderstanding. A tell is an indicator of one's alignment. A town slip is one form of a town tell.

For example, Swiss being eager and inquisitive could be considered a town tell, but it's not a town slip. Bessie not knowing that 3 town roles were given out would be a town slip. With that in mind, Boom are you saying that's a town tell or town slip from Fred?

If the former, I agree with you.
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

boomfrog wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:38 am How did you do the first without seeing two kinds of doctor listed? And when did you learn you could click the spoilers?
For the first question, I assume you mean that all the info in the OP was copypasted from the signup thread? I mostly just got the "town picks for scum, scum picks for town" paradigm from that thread.

Second question, I was okay with GF when it was just "shows up as town to cops." It wasn't until people started saying it had more embroidery to it than that that I found out we were dealing with mutant versions of the classic roles.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:24 am
boomfrog wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:38 am How did you do the first without seeing two kinds of doctor listed? And when did you learn you could click the spoilers?
For the first question, I assume you mean that all the info in the OP was copypasted from the signup thread? I mostly just got the "town picks for scum, scum picks for town" paradigm from that thread.

Second question, I was okay with GF when it was just "shows up as town to cops." It wasn't until people started saying it had more embroidery to it than that that I found out we were dealing with mutant versions of the classic roles.
If this is the case, why did you come into D0 so against Janitor? From your view, it would have only covered up night kills who we would know are town.
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

The description I'd heard for janitor was "prevents flip info", which is death for town based on the one game I had been in without flips. Even it being one use I thought was too much power to be handed to scum.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Daily bark!

This will be quick I have something to do tonight.

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:23 am No, I don't know what obtuse means. Is that ironic?
It means I’m acknowledging that I’m not the sharpest angle in the triangle, and I miss a lot of stuff that is totally obvious to others.

Also, Google?

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:23 am Fred is my strongest town read. He's had so many microtown moments, I'm surprised he's on anyone's radar. As for the link you requested, you just linked to it yourself:
Freddino18 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:14 amMy two main scums are Wam and bessie (maybe, can't remember at this point) for their role votes.
Freddino18 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:10 am Wow that was way off. Guess it was Wam and Fonti for voting Godfather and Janitor.
You're conflating his later vote with his earlier post. He hasn't given the reasoning for his recent vote, he has for the mistaken suspicion before. The way you're posing your question though is as if they are the same thing.
Small flashes of newbieness do not a townie make.

Your defense of Fred is invalid. The second quote came before his vote on me, ergo he voted for me without a reason.

Wam wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:50 am It was a bit of a toss up but I'm still not seeing anything different or scummy yet from moody.

vote bessie
I like your reason for voting for me:
Wam wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:17 pm Bessie mainly due to meta and her not coming across as the townies town ever. JC mainly due to feeling like their lurking.
Haha just kidding. Your reason sucks. FoS Wam for being partners with Fred and Seven.

Freddino18 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:46 am I now realize that I have been hard tunneling Bessie for no reason and that I have no other reads. Oh, what fun. The only other suspicious post I have noted is the one by Fonti saying that Vengeful and Jailer is the best team, and that can be chalked up to actually believing it was the Jailor and not the Janitor.
Convenient! The stars have aligned for you!

Wam wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:56 pm
Swiss wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:55 pm Wam would you bite on a Freddino elim
No think Fred is too chilled and not worried enough about what people think to be scum.
Yes I thought so.

fontisian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:31 pm I don't see how Zen lying about knowing what "obtuse" means is alignment indicative.
Kinda agree with this. There’s other reasons to suspect Seven.

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:03 pm I inferred its meaning and made a joke. (If it's important, I really didn't know what it meant. If you need evidence, I'm not sure what the game was, but Bessie used the word before and I responded in kind but used it incorrectly. I believe it was Crossover but I'll have to look it up.)
Hahaha I get it now. You are pretending to be obtuse by not knowing what obtuse means. And I totally missed it because I am actually obtuse JFC I suck for missing that.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Seven wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:58 am I think you guys may be using town slip as synonymous with town tells. I consider a slip to be an accidental reveal of one's alignment due to a mistake or misunderstanding. A tell is an indicator of one's alignment. A town slip is one form of a town tell.

For example, Swiss being eager and inquisitive could be considered a town tell, but it's not a town slip. Bessie not knowing that 3 town roles were given out would be a town slip. With that in mind, Boom are you saying that's a town tell or town slip from Fred?

If the former, I agree with you.
I'm annoyed that you are right, I said slip originally because I recalled D0 he slipped but rereading he didn't. But I'm still skeptical why fonti needs evidence for the towniness of someone so clearly town.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Woof
bessie – Townie squared.
Sabrar – Puppy.
Swiss – All dogs are town.
JC – I like him, but there’s not enough content to secure his place in the dog core.
BoomFrog – Is BoomFrog.
Fonti – Too good of a player to trust this early (similar to Boom).
Madge – Scummy meta so wiling to let this go until D2.
moody – I was wrong about him in my previous game so not on my D1 list.
Makharia – Hard to read but I feel he belongs here.
Seven – Defense of Fred for all the wrong reasons.
Wam – Scummy (see Seven).
Fred – Sorry, but scum. I would be willing to let Fred go another day because he is a newbie.
Grr

Vote: Wam

Will be back 30-45 minutes before deadline if no one hammers before then.
madge

Post by madge »

well, we need to consolidate pretty soon or there's a no elimination.

vote: moody

I don't have time to focus on this or even read everything. Too fast. This is why I signed up as replacement - hoping to get on when it was a more manageable pace instead of D0.

@scum pls target me tonight tx

Madge's current list of townie and scummy players:

Townie: Wam
Trusting Provisionally: Sabrar, Fonti, Seven
Very Confused about: Mak
Very confused about (but that's normal): boomfrog
Scummy: moody
Completely unable to keep up with the speed of this game: Madge, Freddino
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

@Madge: since you and bessie have wam at opposite ends of the T->S spectrum, what is she seeing that you aren't or vice versa?
madge

Post by madge »

I'm trusting the township that someone saw. It's not rational, really, but I don't think I have a rational option here.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!