Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

What you're all really here for.
EGW

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Deadline Extended, Day 1)

Post by EGW »

VC
EGW

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 1)

Post by EGW »

Votecount 1.13

1. Boomfrog
2. Wam
3. Swiss
4. Mak: Moody
5. Fred: Fonti
6. Madge
7. Seven: JC, Swiss
8. moody: Seven, Fred
9. JC
10. Fonti
11. bessie: Wam
12. Sabrar

Not voting:
Boomfrog, Madge, Mak, Bessie, Sabrar

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.
The deadline for Day 1 is Thursday 7th, at 11:59PM EST
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Wam wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:03 pm As in I can see your "hate latest posts bit" but that doesn't give me context. Did they .ove from townies town to maybe town or maybe town to scum?
Errr unsure
I would need to re-read. Don't intend to elim him toDay.

Wam/Seven is the play.

I have quoted Seven lying again.
The Great Deceiver / He Who Shall Not Be Blamed / Swiss Of A Thousand Plans
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

fontisian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:00 pm I am willing to vote for Moody, Fred, Bessie, Madge or Boom.
Opinion on Seven/Zen being a liar and caught in it?
The Great Deceiver / He Who Shall Not Be Blamed / Swiss Of A Thousand Plans
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Swiss wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:15 pm
fontisian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:00 pm I am willing to vote for Moody, Fred, Bessie, Madge or Boom.
Opinion on Seven/Zen being a liar and caught in it?
I don't see how Zen lying about knowing what "obtuse" means is alignment indicative.
Wam

Post by Wam »

What the obtuse bit?
Wam

Post by Wam »

Ninjad by font I agree with font.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

fontisian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:00 pm Yo. We have like 15 hours. I don't have time to re-read.

Most of you are not voting and you need to fix that asap.

I am willing to vote for Moody, Fred, Bessie, Madge or Boom.

I have no fucking clue why anyone is townreading Fred. When I read their posts, I feel like they're trolling me.

Boom, the chrip chrip motherfucker was a joke about chrip being used as a curse word. Do you have reads?

Actually:
Vote Fred

The reason for voting Moody is garbage. Sometimes town vote for town, because they don't have perfect information. We'll, Fred might have perfect info, with that overexagerrated Mak townread. "Side note to Mak, if you are scum that is the most brilliant play I have ever seen," my ass.

Vote, people. Doesn't have to be for Fred, but it has to be for someone.
Keep in mind that he’s only played a few games. He’s yet to see what someone like you or the legend are capable of, so faking naïveté to that degree would be the most brilliant play he’s seen so far. You are right though that Fred speaks as if he has TMI. He speaks like that in general as town. I suspected him of cheating in my Millerizer game because his reads were entirely accurate, but the reasoning didn’t line up. They had as little foundation as his bessie read this game. I think what is happening though is that he’s actually just brilliant, works through things extensively in his head (or doc) and fails to properly communicate how he’s arrived at his conclusions.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Classic INTP

Regardless, his reads are probably accurate.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:08 pm
fontisian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:00 pm Yo. We have like 15 hours. I don't have time to re-read.

Most of you are not voting and you need to fix that asap.

I am willing to vote for Moody, Fred, Bessie, Madge or Boom.

I have no fucking clue why anyone is townreading Fred. When I read their posts, I feel like they're trolling me.

Boom, the chrip chrip motherfucker was a joke about chrip being used as a curse word. Do you have reads?

Actually:
Vote Fred

The reason for voting Moody is garbage. Sometimes town vote for town, because they don't have perfect information. We'll, Fred might have perfect info, with that overexagerrated Mak townread. "Side note to Mak, if you are scum that is the most brilliant play I have ever seen," my ass.

Vote, people. Doesn't have to be for Fred, but it has to be for someone.
Keep in mind that he’s only played a few games. He’s yet to see what someone like you or the legend are capable of, so faking naïveté to that degree would be the most brilliant play he’s seen so far. You are right though that Fred speaks as if he has TMI. He speaks like that in general as town. I suspected him of cheating in my Millerizer game because his reads were entirely accurate, but the reasoning didn’t line up. They had as little foundation as his bessie read this game. I think what is happening though is that he’s actually just brilliant, works through things extensively in his head (or doc) and fails to properly communicate how he’s arrived at his conclusions.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Classic INTP

Regardless, his reads are probably accurate.
Noted. I'll rephrase then.

Fred, can you talk about why you think Moody is a good vote? Voting them for voting for Mak, when a lot of other people have also voted for Mak, including me, seems weird. Even if Mak is town, Moody being wrong doesn't mean they're scum.

Also, Zen, are you immitating my playstyle?
Wam

Post by Wam »

So probably last post before deadline from me. I'm sticking with my gut/meta read and staying on bessie. All those not voting go vote!!
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

bessie: she has a consistent playstyle that is easily recreatable as scum. I question both moody's read of +4 and wam's vote for not being towny enough. I generally would not vote for her D1, I believe scum!bessie can be most easily caught on later days due to connections.

boomfrog: certainly didn't wow me so far, though the limited time plays a big role in that. He is not someone who lurks by design, I'm confident that on later days we will have enough content for him. If moody is scum then the chances of bf being his scum-buddy increase significantly due to the 'connection' I asked him about earlier and his reply to it.

fontisian: I'm maintaining my town-lean on them, they have reasonable takes.

Freddino: he keeps promising and failing to deliver. Why did it take him so long to retract his sus on bessie? I'm keeping Seven's defense in mind but he is votable.

JC-DADDY: classic lurker. Definite liability in endgame. Would provide very little information if yeeted right now.

madge: I'm intrigued that noone asked me about the possible Seven/madge connection I brought up D0. I have my own little theory about that, maybe you'll get to hear it one day. I don't have a good inclination either way.

Makhaira: I say that he has the highest chance of faking a town-slip (by his own admission), he immediately OMGUS-es me and then completely ignores me for days. I still have an open question to him from yesterday but since he hasn't posted in a while it's very hard to know where he's at and why. Similar to boomfrog I'm hoping his content will improve and keeping in mind Seven's defense will put him in not votable for now.

moody: he explained his inconsistency to me but I'm not sure I'm buying it as the second part feels more like a post hoc argument and not his actual thoughts at that time. I don't agree with Seven that his role-consideration has to be necessarily from a scum pov but he is votable.

Seven: she speaks in absolutes and cannot conceive the notion that she might be wrong. I have my suspicions (see my note re madge) and I find the obtuse bit weird (though I cannot assign any scum-motivation behind it). But I disagree with Swiss that this makes her votable (though I am a big fan of the 'Yeet all liars' movement, which contributes a lot to why I find it hard to play with her).

Swiss: he's the hero that we deserve but not the one we need right now. I've clashed with him before and he is just that arrogant. I imagine he could fake it as scum but I haven't seen that so far to my recollection. Not votable.

wam: I think he's town, even though he argued against it (which is weird in itself as there is no motivation to do so either from town or from scum pov).

Town
wam
Swiss
fontisian
bessie
boomfrog
Seven
madge
Makhaira
JC-DADDY
Freddino
moody
Scum

Vote: moody
boomfrog

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 0)

Post by boomfrog »

Swiss wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:26 am
boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:20 pm
Swiss wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:58 am

+ for zen sus
What points did sabrar make about Zen's alignment here?

P.S. it would greatly help my phone posting if you broke up your posts more, ty.
Just saw - I acquiesce.

Points? Unsure, but Zen was approaching Bessie with sus/careful questioning, is how I read it. You didn't see this?
But Sabrar didn't say any of that. Why do you + Sabrar for his comment?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:00 pm
Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:57 pm
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:37 pm Interesting.

I think my view of the math part is the same across ganes, regardless of my alignment, because it's actually complimentary with scum thoughts on misyeets.

I think this is a poor reason to townread me.
Obviously you know your own mind better, I don't think this topic ever came up previously in our games.
I don't believe so.

You noticing me flipping between janitor and jailer was cool though. I didn't realize I was doing that, and that probably is something I wouldn't have fucked up as scum.
But you would make this post as scum. To reinforce a town read of you.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Wam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:58 pm
Swiss wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:33 pm sure why not

request deadline extension
My view is that there are several players that I want to hear more from before the EOD.

Short list off the top.of my head:
Madge
Fred
JC
Why am I not on this list?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Seven wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:46 pm
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:32 pm Seven, hey my dude, I feel kind of bored with you this game. I'm not used to that feeling, and I'm wondering if it means you're scum. What's up?
I’m curious to see if bessie has an explanation for this.
Are you intentionally playing this game for any specific reason?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

boomfrog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:51 pm
Seven wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:46 pm
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:32 pm Seven, hey my dude, I feel kind of bored with you this game. I'm not used to that feeling, and I'm wondering if it means you're scum. What's up?
I’m curious to see if bessie has an explanation for this.
Are you intentionally playing this game for any specific reason?
Ignore this, I got to your explanation. All is as I suspected.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Sabrar wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:38 pm Seven: she speaks in absolutes and [1] cannot conceive the notion that she might be wrong. I have my suspicions ( [2] see my note re madge) and [3] I find the obtuse bit weird (though I cannot assign any scum-motivation behind it). But I disagree with Swiss that this makes her votable (though I am a big fan of the 'Yeet all [4] liars' movement, which contributes a lot to why I find it hard to play with her).
[1] That's incorrect.
[2] Please elaborate on the Madge connection. Do you not think you will be dying tonight for some reason?
[3] What's weird about it? It's weird that Swiss thinks it's weird.
[4] I didn't lie.

Are you just scum this game?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:03 am
boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:09 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:47 am Boom what was the intent behind asking what town roles people would have assigned? Did you get what you were looking for?
Yes, I got a couple town clears from it. Although one was Mak and Sabrar and Fonti have me rethinking that, but still leaning town on him so far.
What specifically were you looking for that you felt that s-team answers would prevent finding?

Also who is your other clear? And if she was on the same team as me, do you think I could convince her to post a fake slip in response to your question?
I wasn't even thinking of bessie, her 'slip' was too blatent to be reliable. Unfortunately I intended to go back and look at D1 but I don't have real time. Going from memory it was I think 2 of moody, wam and Fred.

I do think bessie's slip narrows her to only scum if buddies with you, me or fonti.

I think I agree with your mak analysis.
Unrelated, why were you ready to end Day 0 so soon? I find it interesting considering that your intro post was about being busy.
Wagons weren't going to change so no real information was being generated. If we had infinite RL time I decreased our win chance, but since we don't I'd rather cut some stagnant content. And, as a bonus, I wanted bessie to have a weekend to post analysis of D0 before D1 got too hot.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

fontisian wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:17 pm
Sabrar wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:31 pm
Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:12 pmWith that said I think I found a potential town-slip by wam.
Don't want to leave this for D2. I think wam's approach to fake-claiming here does not come from a scum pov due to the nature of the setup.
Wam thinks that scum could use janitor to get a safe fake claim, but scum actually already have two safe fakeclaims: the two roles they didn't give out (well, possibly only one because masonizer is a hard role to fakeclaim). Yeah, I buy that as a town pov.

Contrast with Moody saying it's fine to give scum rolecop, because they already know what the roles are. The perspective is centered in how scum see the game and what roles they'd be worried about working around.
Or this could just be scum wam but really thinking that far ahead, which would be typical.

If wam is scum Fonti is much more likely to be scum.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

EBWOP: wam Not* really
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Swiss wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:25 am
boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:13 pm
bessie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:12 pm
Kevin Kline in Hamlet, Act III, Scene 2.

It means I have my doubts about Seven’s sincerity.
I'm very confident (but never 100% sure) that Seven's explination of the timeline of her thoughts is sincere. And my ability to read tone is significantly stronger then yours, so proportional to how much you trust my towniness I suggest you adjust your evaluation accordingly.
Hate the bolded. Does Freddino swipe back at this
I'm so confused. How is freddino involved with the bolded text? Is your reading compression always terrible?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Swiss wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:26 am
boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:20 pm
Swiss wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:58 am

+ for zen sus
What points did sabrar make about Zen's alignment here?

P.S. it would greatly help my phone posting if you broke up your posts more, ty.
Just saw - I acquiesce.

Points? Unsure, but Zen was approaching Bessie with sus/careful questioning, is how I read it. You didn't see this?
What do you acquiesce?

Can you please use more words to respond to fewer things?
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:16 pm [1] That's incorrect.
[2] Please elaborate on the Madge connection. Do you not think you will be dying tonight for some reason?
[3] What's weird about it? It's weird that Swiss thinks it's weird.
[4] I didn't lie.
[1] Maybe it's a bit of an exaggeration but you come off like that.
[2] I think one of you and Madge might be scum, otherwise scum would have had good incentive to ask me to do the analysis I hinted at here as it would have been a win-win scenario for them. Or maybe I'm overinflating my own worth again.
[3] + [4] You and I have a very different definition of 'lying'. Example:
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:04 pmThough I do actually have a day vig, but I cannot use it if I vote.
I would classify that as lying, you would not.
I would imagine you know what obtuse means. Why would you claim otherwise? it just doesn't make sense. Or I just don't understand the joke in a written form.
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

boomfrog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:49 pm
fontisian wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:00 pm
Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:57 pm
Obviously you know your own mind better, I don't think this topic ever came up previously in our games.
I don't believe so.

You noticing me flipping between janitor and jailer was cool though. I didn't realize I was doing that, and that probably is something I wouldn't have fucked up as scum.
But you would make this post as scum. To reinforce a town read of you.
Naturally.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I mean, not really, because that's an ineffective strategy. It's way better to let someone else pick up a point for you.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Cool, I'm caught up.

Town
Freddino - town slipped repeatedly
Makhaira - I think the cumulative slips add up to sincere.
Sabrar- good analysis, giving away a lot of town clears.
bessie - town slip is likely real. Only scum with fonti or seven.
Seven - giving out the Mak town clear was very townie unless exactly buddies with Mak, but was very risky is buddies with mak. Still loses town cred if mak is scum.

moody - fairly null but void analysis so far. Slight town lean
Swiss - Hard to read due to his inability to read. But most of his takes seem to be ligit. Still, like reading a horoscope.
JC-DADDY - ehh
madge - slightly scummy but mostly null

fontisian - generally townie but that is well within their scum wheelhouse. Has over emphasized other townies points which is their scum style when trying to manipulate town. (Fonti's pronouns are They/them btw, many seem to have missed that.). If scum then likely buddies with wam.

Wam - Too confident in town reading me and Seven with no reasons.
Scum

I'm going to reread wam to make sure there wasn't a town slip D0.