Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

What you're all really here for.
boomfrog

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 0)

Post by boomfrog »

fontisian wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:40 am
moody7277 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:12 pm
boomfrog wrote:Why do you think the setup options contain both doc and weak doc? Why is Vig not powerful?
I don't, that is weak doctor/vigilante/masonizer. Scum might give town vig due to the consequenses of it going wrong, whereas cop and doctor don't have a downside as dire.
Sabrar wrote:GF being protected from Vig is a factor but less so
It's more than just "shows up to cops as town"? Well chirp that, I've been assuming what I've always heard about the roles.

unvote Godfather
vote Vengeful
Chirp chirp, motherfucker.
What did this mean? (Now I know what it feels like when I make this sort of cryptic comment...)
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Swiss wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:58 am
Sabrar wrote:
Seven wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:30 pmPlease explain. I genuinely have no idea what I’ve done.
Watching HaiLOWEEN from the sidelines reinforced my belief that your play is disruptive to Town.
+ for zen sus
What points did sabrar make about Zen's alignment here?

P.S. it would greatly help my phone posting if you broke up your posts more, ty.
boomfrog

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 1)

Post by boomfrog »

Swiss wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:02 am 1. Boomfrog lurky null
2. Wam scumleanny
3. Swiss godfather
4. Mak townlean
5. Fred null town
6. Madge null town
7. Seven scumlean
8. moody need to check
9. JC town
10. Fonti town
11. bessie scumlean
12. Sabrar townlean

I would kill (do we use kill? whats the word? kill is too vague) Zen/Bessie/Wam. No preference.
Can you order your read lists by town to scum? That will help make your position clear.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:09 pm @Seven, swiss and fonti and anyone else who asked me about this, Did you *not* get anything out of it? I thought my reasons where pretty clear to anyone on S team which is why I didn't care about their answers.
I can think of at least 4 perfectly normal reasons off the top of my head why you would ask that and I could still be wrong about what yours was. So no, your specific reason was not 'pretty clear' to me but it was a good question nonetheless.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Votecount 1.11

1. Boomfrog
2. Wam
3. Swiss
4. Mak: Wam, Moody
5. Fred
6. Madge
7. Seven: JC, Swiss
8. moody: Seven, Fonti
9. JC
10. Fonti
11. bessie
12. Sabrar

Not voting:
Boomfrog, Fred, Madge, Mak, Bessie, Sabrar

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.
The deadline for Day 1 is Thursday 7th, at 11:59PM EST
Last edited by EGW on Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
madge

Post by madge »

fontisian wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:17 pm Wam thinks that scum could use janitor to get a safe fake claim, but scum actually already have two safe fakeclaims [...] Yeah, I buy that as a town pov.

Contrast with Moody [whose] perspective is centered in how scum see the game and what roles they'd be worried about working around.
(edited quote slightly to be more compact as I hate the walls of text) - I like this point and will adopt it as my own.

Current list of townie and scummy players:

Townie: Wam
Trusting Provisionally: Sabrar, Fonti, Seven
Very Confused about: Mak
Very confused about (but that's normal): boomfrog
Scummy: moody
Completely unable to keep up with the speed of this game: Madge
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Sabrar wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:40 pm @boomfrog: here you are asking moody to speculate on why the setup has both doc and weak doc as an option. moody misinterprets the question here. what was the purpose of the question and why did you not follow-up like you have with others?
Hmm, I remember thinking about clarifying and deciding not to. I don't remember now why, sorry.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Sabrar wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:25 pm
boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:09 pm @Seven, swiss and fonti and anyone else who asked me about this, Did you *not* get anything out of it? I thought my reasons where pretty clear to anyone on S team which is why I didn't care about their answers.
I can think of at least 4 perfectly normal reasons off the top of my head why you would ask that and I could still be wrong about what yours was. So no, your specific reason was not 'pretty clear' to me but it was a good question nonetheless.
The reason was because it was a good question. Scum would have to pretend that they hadn't already thought about the answer. Making scum lie is always good.
moody7277

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Deadline Extended, Day 1)

Post by moody7277 »

wam wrote:Bessie mainly due to meta and her not coming across as the townies town ever.
I see wam also subscribes to my "if bessie isn't +4, she's scum" theory.
EGW wrote:8. moody: Seven, Moody
I am not voting for myself, that's fonti
EGW

Post by EGW »

Fixed voting mistake.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Wam wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:17 pm
Seven wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:51 pm
Wam wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:23 pm ping
Why is Moody a no yeet?
I'm not seeing anything scummy from them.

My 2nd choice at the moment after mak is between bessie and JC.

Bessie mainly due to meta and her not coming across as the townies town ever. JC mainly due to feeling like their lurking.
I'm not a very vocal person, so it does tend to seem like I'm lurking. I just don't say something just to say something so I look active. Look at my last game, I just tend to pay this way.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

*play
bessie

Post by bessie »

Daily bark!

Pre-post edit: Goshfrickindarnit the forum just ate my original post. I hope I got everything in this second attempt.

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:36 am Fonti's interpretation of my play is correct, though not the conclusion that I'm scum. I was curious to see if you knew the source of their impression. Also to clarify, I don't think I've been avoiding engaging with Fonti. Do you get that impression?
I don’t know the source of fonti’s impression. I haven’t really looked for it in this game’s content, and I won’t have time to look over previous games. I don’t have the impression that you have been avoiding fonti or anyone else. Your content level is a little lower than usual for D1, but in a NAI way. The answer was from the point of view that fonti had asked me the question, not you, and I was offering one explanation as for why they might have that impression.

So, why did you want my opinion on this? Was it just to make me feel obtuse?

Freddino18 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:46 am
bessie wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:15 amMore later, after Fred works out a reason for his vote.
Just started on Page 3, will get back to you on that.
Looking forward to your response!

Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:48 am Alas, I thought we were making progress.

You FoS'd me for asking Sabrar (1 liner) to explain his reads while I hadn't explained in depth my read on you (due to activity). So yes, that action serves to discourage discussion - or if I wanted to be exact you actually 'punished' me for questioning Sabrar.
Classify how you want.
Great word.

I'm still not overjoyed with how you had read the set-up, but say you'd obviously misread it.

The Bessie/Zen interaction interests me.
We are making progress. We’re talking and providing content that can be analyzed later in the game.

I’m disappointed you feel punished by me expressing a ping from your content. But I’m not sorry for noting it.

Freddino18 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:55 am Really wish you hadn't said that. We could have used this to subtly bait out dumb scum trying to train Mak. Literally just put that in my notes as a possible strategy, now I have to figure some other way to bait a scum misplay.
When will we get to see some of these notes? Specifically some reads on the players in this game?

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:22 am I've just been waiting, observing to see an indication of initiative/proactive solving, but the most we've gotten is a repeated question to Fred that he already indirectly answered.
Link to it.

Hint: you can’t because it didn’t happen.

Fred expressed suspicion on me for my role votes here.
He backtracked here and said he had no clue why he doubted me.
He voted for me here and still has not provided a reason for his vote.

Seven is subtlety defending Fred for a false reason. I believe Fred is scum. FoS.

moody7277 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:50 pm
bessie wrote:You mean opposite play styles, as opposed to alignments?
Opposite playstyles, yes. Specifically was referring to your views on D1.
This question was from Swiss about me and Madge.

Wam wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:23 pm
Freddino18 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:48 am
Freddino18 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:59 am
Stopping here for the night. I think Bessie might have genuinely misunderstood Janitor.
I highly doubt that given bessie has had that role in a previous game.
Refer to Sabrar’s response to my initial misunderstanding. This is not the variant I played before.
Sabrar wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:32 am
bessie wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:52 am I don’t get what’s so great about the janitor. It appears there are no indies in the game, and no town or mafia roles that don’t flip as part of an ability. If a player flips without an alignment reveal, can’t we just assume they are town?
In this game Janitor can only clean someone who we yeet, it is very different from a night-Janitor. We want to know whether we were right because we need a known scum-flip to identify connections (or in case of a town-flip we want to see who pushed it for nefarious reasons).
FoS Wam for the shade.

boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:13 pm
bessie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:12 pm
Freddino18 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:14 am ^^ Above post is a video titled "the lady doth protest too much, methinks". Not sure what it's from, but posting this in case it's region locked
Kevin Kline in Hamlet, Act III, Scene 2.

It means I have my doubts about Seven’s sincerity.
I'm very confident (but never 100% sure) that Seven's explination of the timeline of her thoughts is sincere. And my ability to read tone is significantly stronger then yours, so proportional to how much you trust my towniness I suggest you adjust your evaluation accordingly.

bessie and sensei.jpg
bessie and sensei.jpg (9.08 KiB) Viewed 108828 times

Adjustment: Downgrade FoS on Seven to IGMEOY.

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:06 am I'm not a very vocal person, so it does tend to seem like I'm lurking. I just don't say something just to say something so I look active. Look at my last game, I just tend to pay this way.
If you won’t provide reads, please provide an ordered town-scum list with no groupings.

More later. Awaiting Fred’s reads with great anticipation!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Wam wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:23 pm ping
Why is Moody a no yeet?
How does that warrant the "not votable category" as opposed to the "unlikely to be my choice" category?

For reference:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Wam wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:31 am Deadline is closer than I thought.

Not vote able day 1

Swiss, sabrar, font, boom. Moody

Unlikely to be my choice
Fred JC seven

Potentials that I'm going to re read.
Mak
Madge
Bessie

Ps maybe we should elim swiss just to save them from having to use this forum :D

boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:09 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:47 am Boom what was the intent behind asking what town roles people would have assigned? Did you get what you were looking for?
Yes, I got a couple town clears from it. Although one was Mak and Sabrar and Fonti have me rethinking that, but still leaning town on him so far.
What specifically were you looking for that you felt that s-team answers would prevent finding?

Also who is your other clear? And if she was on the same team as me, do you think I could convince her to post a fake slip in response to your question?

Unrelated, why were you ready to end Day 0 so soon? I find it interesting considering that your intro post was about being busy.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:03 am
Seven wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:36 am Fonti's interpretation of my play is correct, though not the conclusion that I'm scum. I was curious to see if you knew the source of their impression. Also to clarify, I don't think I've been avoiding engaging with Fonti. Do you get that impression?
I don’t know the source of fonti’s impression. I haven’t really looked for it in this game’s content, and I won’t have time to look over previous games. I don’t have the impression that you have been avoiding fonti or anyone else. Your content level is a little lower than usual for D1, but in a NAI way. The answer was from the point of view that fonti had asked me the question, not you, and I was offering one explanation as for why they might have that impression.

So, why did you want my opinion on this? Was it just to make me feel obtuse?
No, I don't know what obtuse means. Is that ironic?

I asked you because you had already provided the answer:
bessie wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:52 amSeven – Seven is Xivii/Zen. An amalgamation of everyone with whom I have ever played since he likes to adopt different styles for different games.
--
bessie wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:03 am
Seven wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:22 am I've just been waiting, observing to see an indication of initiative/proactive solving, but the most we've gotten is a repeated question to Fred that he already indirectly answered.
Link to it.

Hint: you can’t because it didn’t happen.

Fred expressed suspicion on me for my role votes here.
He backtracked here and said he had no clue why he doubted me.
He voted for me here and still has not provided a reason for his vote.

Seven is subtlety defending Fred for a false reason. I believe Fred is scum. FoS.
Fred is my strongest town read. He's had so many microtown moments, I'm surprised he's on anyone's radar. As for the link you requested, you just linked to it yourself:
Freddino18 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:14 amMy two main scums are Wam and bessie (maybe, can't remember at this point) for their role votes.
Freddino18 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:10 am Wow that was way off. Guess it was Wam and Fonti for voting Godfather and Janitor.
You're conflating his later vote with his earlier post. He hasn't given the reasoning for his recent vote, he has for the mistaken suspicion before. The way you're posing your question though is as if they are the same thing.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:44 pmHmm, I remember thinking about clarifying and deciding not to. I don't remember now why, sorry.
My disappointment is immeasurable.
Seven wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:23 amHe hasn't given the reasoning for his recent vote,
Yes, and that came after he retracted his suspicion on bessie. We still have no clue what he's thinking despite earlier promises:
Freddino18 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:29 ambut am waiting to hear from everyone before I start asking those people questions.
Freddino18 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:10 amwill read back through today or tomorrow with more specific questioning
@Freddino: where are those questions?
Wam

Post by Wam »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:03 am
Why is Moody a no yeet?
How does that warrant the "not votable category" as opposed to the "unlikely to be my choice" category?

For reference:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Wam wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:31 am Deadline is closer than I thought.

Not vote able day 1

Swiss, sabrar, font, boom. Moody

Unlikely to be my choice
Fred JC seven

Potentials that I'm going to re read.
Mak
Madge
Bessie

Ps maybe we should elim swiss just to save them from having to use this forum :D

It was a bit of a toss up but I'm still not seeing anything different or scummy yet from moody.

vote bessie
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:39 pm
Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:42 am For a forum that seems obsessed with discussing mechanics you guys have no fucking clue abut the mechanics of this game
I've been noticing that too. Lots of things said that don't match up.
But what, and who. Otherwise you're not really saying anything.
Sabrar wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:19 pmNow I get Swiss' anger at the forum software.
THANK YOU
Wam wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:23 pm
Freddino18 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:48 am
Freddino18 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:59 am
Stopping here for the night. I think Bessie might have genuinely misunderstood Janitor.
I highly doubt that given bessie has had that role in a previous game.
And you sus bessie or no?
fontisian wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:42 pm I'm not thrilled with the strength of my reads so far. A Iot of the game feels nebulous. Going to try to fit in a re-read tonight and solidify things.
I like
Wam wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:27 pm I'm going to argue against my own town slip. As well as the points raised about the claim.
I hate this, I'd do this as scum to look reasonable.
boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:09 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:47 am Boom what was the intent behind asking what town roles people would have assigned? Did you get what you were looking for?
Yes, I got a couple town clears from it. Although one was Mak and Sabrar and Fonti have me rethinking that, but still leaning town on him so far.

@Seven, swiss and fonti and anyone else who asked me about this, Did you *not* get anything out of it? I thought my reasons where pretty clear to anyone on S team which is why I didn't care about their answers.
Who are the clears, what are your reads?

re @ me - Don't think I asked. Q was okay sure.
boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:13 pm
bessie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:12 pm
Freddino18 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:14 am ^^ Above post is a video titled "the lady doth protest too much, methinks". Not sure what it's from, but posting this in case it's region locked
Kevin Kline in Hamlet, Act III, Scene 2.

It means I have my doubts about Seven’s sincerity.
I'm very confident (but never 100% sure) that Seven's explination of the timeline of her thoughts is sincere. And my ability to read tone is significantly stronger then yours, so proportional to how much you trust my towniness I suggest you adjust your evaluation accordingly.
Hate the bolded. Does Freddino swipe back at this
The Great Deceiver / He Who Shall Not Be Blamed / Swiss Of A Thousand Plans
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:20 pm
Swiss wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:58 am
Sabrar wrote:
Watching HaiLOWEEN from the sidelines reinforced my belief that your play is disruptive to Town.
+ for zen sus
What points did sabrar make about Zen's alignment here?

P.S. it would greatly help my phone posting if you broke up your posts more, ty.
Just saw - I acquiesce.

Points? Unsure, but Zen was approaching Bessie with sus/careful questioning, is how I read it. You didn't see this?
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:06 am I'm not a very vocal person, so it does tend to seem like I'm lurking. I just don't say something just to say something so I look active. Look at my last game, I just tend to pay this way.
Also hate this.

Self meta
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:23 am ]No, I don't know what obtuse means. Is that ironic?
You are lying. We both know you know this word because 1) you're smart and 2) I've called you it in dgames.

Why are you lying Zen.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Fred why did you vote Bessie and where is the case.

I still sus Bessie but Wam pushing Bessie makes me think. Wam's recent post insanely scummy.

Boom am I missing something or do you not have any reads? Surely an experienced player who is clearly intelligent has a full reads list and vote ready, and simply forgot to post them.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

I quote Zen/Seven/Xiivi

"Obtuse. You never use to use such a word. I am seriously doubting you're the same person on the Ranmaru account. Either that or you were faking your personality all this time."

https://smashboards.com/threads/dr-who- ... t-15542843
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Sabrar wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:03 am
boomfrog wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:44 pmHmm, I remember thinking about clarifying and deciding not to. I don't remember now why, sorry.
My disappointment is immeasurable.
Seven wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:23 amHe hasn't given the reasoning for his recent vote,
Yes, and that came after he retracted his suspicion on bessie. We still have no clue what he's thinking despite earlier promises:
Freddino18 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:29 ambut am waiting to hear from everyone before I start asking those people questions.
Freddino18 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:10 amwill read back through today or tomorrow with more specific questioning
@Freddino: where are those questions?
I like this.
But deadline close - wasted vote
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Old

1. Boomfrog lurky null
2. Wam scumleanny
3. Swiss godfather
4. Mak townlean
5. Fred null town
6. Madge null town
7. Seven scumlean
8. moody need to check
9. JC town
10. Fonti town
11. bessie scumlean
12. Sabrar townlean

New

Sab (Good, has brain)
JC (Hate the recent posts, move lower)
Font (Good, esp nebulous)
Mak/FF (Good by virtue of not being bad)

Fred (Originally liked, going downhill re; no case)
Moody (New posts good)
Madge (Null, likely to raise)
Boomfrog (Lowest of the nulls)

Bessie (hated early posts, raising)
Wam (Hate the post quoted above - would elim on this post alone)
Seven (Like some posts, but they are lying and playing soft)
Swiss (Godfather)

The deadline doth loom