Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 2)

What you're all really here for.
fontisian

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Deadline Extended, Day 1)

Post by fontisian »

Unvote
Vote Moody
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

bessie wrote:You mean opposite play styles, as opposed to alignments?
Opposite playstyles, yes. Specifically was referring to your views on D1.
Swiss wrote:Mak's post
So Mak is trying to say which town perqs he vote for as scum and the scum perqs he'd vote for after, saying the ones he'd want in that case are RB and GF. Once you tease it out like that, it makes sense. Also, your comment about GF being your "go-to", is that for scum!you?
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

RE: GF yeah my fav role
The Great Deceiver / He Who Shall Not Be Blamed / Swiss Of A Thousand Plans
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:36 am Vote: Moody
I missed this.

Why
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:42 am For a forum that seems obsessed with discussing mechanics you guys have no fucking clue abut the mechanics of this game
I've been noticing that too. Lots of things said that don't match up.

@mak - what were you reading that made you think scum was going to pick town PR's after they received their own?
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:20 amFrozen (Mak) is town.
I agree that your interpretation is likely right if Mak's initial confusion was not faked.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Now I get Swiss' anger at the forum software.
Makhaira wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:10 amSab feels off
Your last comment about me prior to that was a scumlean on me because not voting D0, days ago. You have avoided reacting to my reply. Can you now elaborate?
Wam

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 0)

Post by Wam »

Freddino18 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:48 am
Freddino18 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:59 am
Stopping here for the night. I think Bessie might have genuinely misunderstood Janitor.
I highly doubt that given bessie has had that role in a previous game.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Wam wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:23 pm ping
Why is Moody a no yeet?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Wam

Post by Wam »

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:51 pm
Wam wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:23 pm ping
Why is Moody a no yeet?
I'm not seeing anything scummy from them.

My 2nd choice at the moment after mak is between bessie and JC.

Bessie mainly due to meta and her not coming across as the townies town ever. JC mainly due to feeling like their lurking.
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

How often does Mak fake townslips? When it happens, are they more smooth or more obvious?

This is an open question.
Sabrar

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Sabrar »

Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:12 pmWith that said I think I found a potential town-slip by wam.
Don't want to leave this for D2. I think wam's approach to fake-claiming here does not come from a scum pov due to the nature of the setup.
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Sabrar wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:31 pm
Sabrar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:12 pmWith that said I think I found a potential town-slip by wam.
Don't want to leave this for D2. I think wam's approach to fake-claiming here does not come from a scum pov due to the nature of the setup.
Wam thinks that scum could use janitor to get a safe fake claim, but scum actually already have two safe fakeclaims: the two roles they didn't give out (well, possibly only one because masonizer is a hard role to fakeclaim). Yeah, I buy that as a town pov.

Contrast with Moody saying it's fine to give scum rolecop, because they already know what the roles are. The perspective is centered in how scum see the game and what roles they'd be worried about working around.
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Town
Swiss
Sabrar
Wam

Seven

Mak
JC

Madge
Boomfrog
Bessie

Fred
Moody

Swiss feels like Banks, if any of you know them from MU. Probing, impetuous, inquisitive. Trying to poke people in a better direction.

I think Sabrar's getting upset with Seven for hammering the roles was real. The focus on examining role talk for slips is rigid.

Wam, the roles things, and I just generally like his vibe. Feels sure of himself.

Seven knows my pronouns. Also I don't want to yeet them day 1.

The Mak wagon felt too easy. If they are scum, they're probably vengeful. Swiss and Seven are probably right on them, though. Mak feels less slimy and more bullheadedly argumentative than the scum game I saw from him.

JC is basically non existent, but I feel like they would probably try harder as scum? Like, the popping in with a joke and then bouncing is so low effort it loops back around to being towny. I'm slotting them into a "fluffiness" player archetype, which has no meaning to any of you, but is very funny to me.

Madge, Bessie and Boom are hard nulls.

Fred keeps promising things and then not doing them. Self conscious. The roles he'd give scum match my picks, which implies he analyzes things somewhat like I do, but I don't see any of that in his play.

Moody didn't actually read my iso closely (the pronouns things, and one of the posts they labeled as fluff was a serious response). Their push for day cop was weird (yes scum know what roles they gave out, the issue is they don't know who those roles went to).

I'm not thrilled with the strength of my reads so far. A Iot of the game feels nebulous. Going to try to fit in a re-read tonight and solidify things.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Sabrar wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:31 pm
That's moot because any claim is not to be trusted in this set up.
Wam

Post by Wam »

I'm going to argue against my own town slip. As well as the points raised about the claim. The other point I was making was that if they hide the reveal and we get to end game we will know there are 3 town powers in the game and there will be 3 claim/reveals in the game.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:22 pmThat's moot because any claim is not to be trusted in this set up.
It's exactly because claims cannot be trusted that this is not moot.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Sabrar wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:13 pm
Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:22 pmThat's moot because any claim is not to be trusted in this set up.
It's exactly because claims cannot be trusted that this is not moot.
Explain it to me as if I were an idiot
fontisian

Post by fontisian »

Wam wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:27 pm I'm going to argue against my own town slip. As well as the points raised about the claim. The other point I was making was that if they hide the reveal and we get to end game we will know there are 3 town powers in the game and there will be 3 claim/reveals in the game.
Thats fine, you're still town.

There's no pr in this setup that can make it to final 3 without having done /something/ to confirm themselves (especially because scum do not have roleblocker or godfather).
EGW

Post by EGW »

Votecount 1.10

1. Boomfrog
2. Wam
3. Swiss
4. Mak: Wam, Moody
5. Fred
6. Madge
7. Seven: JC, Swiss
8. moody: Seven, Fonti
9. JC
10. Fonti
11. bessie
12. Sabrar

Not voting:
Boomfrog, Fred, Madge, Mak, Bessie, Sabrar

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.
The deadline for Day 1 is Thursday 7th, at 11:59PM EST
Last edited by EGW on Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:18 pm Explain it to me as if I were an idiot
As fonti said scum already has access to at least one 'safe' claim, maybe two. That's why claims cannot be trusted because if someone claims e.g. Doc then we cannot be sure if that role is actually in the game. The only way to potentially verify or refute such a claim would be for everyone to claim which is obviously not happening. That's why scum doesn't need a Janitor to have access to a safe-claim and that's what wam didn't consider.
Swiss

Post by Swiss »

Sabrar wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:42 pm
Swiss wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:18 pm Explain it to me as if I were an idiot
As fonti said scum already has access to at least one 'safe' claim, maybe two. That's why claims cannot be trusted because if someone claims e.g. Doc then we cannot be sure if that role is actually in the game. The only way to potentially verify or refute such a claim would be for everyone to claim which is obviously not happening. That's why scum doesn't need a Janitor to have access to a safe-claim and that's what wam didn't consider.
Ah I hadn’t realised this was wrt janitor
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@EGW: Ty for the extension, and for noting it in the title, I'm on the top of page 13 and almost panicked that the deadline was tonight. I've got a few posts to throw out as I catch up, but refraining on a few since I bet they will be answered as I read.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Seven wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:47 am Boom what was the intent behind asking what town roles people would have assigned? Did you get what you were looking for?
Yes, I got a couple town clears from it. Although one was Mak and Sabrar and Fonti have me rethinking that, but still leaning town on him so far.

@Seven, swiss and fonti and anyone else who asked me about this, Did you *not* get anything out of it? I thought my reasons where pretty clear to anyone on S team which is why I didn't care about their answers.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

bessie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:12 pm
Freddino18 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:14 am ^^ Above post is a video titled "the lady doth protest too much, methinks". Not sure what it's from, but posting this in case it's region locked
Kevin Kline in Hamlet, Act III, Scene 2.

It means I have my doubts about Seven’s sincerity.
I'm very confident (but never 100% sure) that Seven's explination of the timeline of her thoughts is sincere. And my ability to read tone is significantly stronger then yours, so proportional to how much you trust my towniness I suggest you adjust your evaluation accordingly.