HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
madge

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by madge »

We didn't discuss this, but I'd argue to Sabrar that the killer and target die while Boomfrog survives.

I definitely think strongman should mean that the target definitely dies.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

If the target dies then the bodyguard activity is not activated in my opinion therefore you wouldn't get to kill the attacker (per the wording of the ability).
madge

Post by madge »

awww, you're no fun :(
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

*nod* I agree with Sabrar, which means there's not much more I could have done this game. I had fun y'all and hopefully I'll have my life in order and be able to play more next year.

*launches into space on a rainbow*
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

madge wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:33 pm Also, Sabrar was maybe (probably?) right about two mafia being a problem, so sorry folks for that. I'd also be interested in whether the humans felt put out by not having access to a kill. I think the bad luck of being the first two voted off really sucked, I was hoping that a larger alliance would have better odds of being able to go deeper without a kill through coordinating votes and reads.
I'm not sure if having two teams would've been a problem on its own, but I am biased because I love the chaos of multiball games. Humans did kinda get the short end of the stick with the loud doctor and the other team having the kill and the numbers couldn't compensate. It made humans invested in hunting the dissenters but that kind of inevitably leads to the dissenters killing humans that become a threat. Even if Zeniba wasn't elimmed D1, humans would've had a harder time after we killed EGW because they'd been the center of attention the next day.
LaserGuy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:59 am
Somi: I think you played a really great game and did a fantastic job of both looking townie throughout and distancing perfectly throughout. As I said in scumchat, the endgame was essentially decided entirely by your content, so you played about as perfectly as you could. I'm sorry I didn't consider the possibility of Adum going after you with the chat cop... I'm not sure there was anything we could have done about that given what we knew (especially since even if we had roleblocked Adum he would have gotten that power, which, wtf that is absurd), but it was a dumb oversight and I was sad to see you going out like that.
I overlooked that just as much as you if not more, I was the one who targeted him to get my supposed power cleared after all. I don't know if we could've worked around that, but I guess it worked out. I was kinda surprised you thought I'd be the better candidate to carry and I guess I was proven right :lol: You played great too and you were way ahead of me strategy-wise.
Also, sorry I didn't put up a fight after that, but I couldn't think of any remotely reasonable scenario I could argue and I decided it might be better to keep my mouth shut after that if I managed to not tip my hand up to that point.
Last edited by somitomi on Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

bessie wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:17 amAdum, I will return to this post because there are many interesting topics that I would love to discuss! Feel free to ping me if I forget. And I am totally serious about the confirmation remind me to post a link to the game where I caught scum from his confirmation post (Djehutynakht in Vaniliafia I need to find the link).
*Ping* btw, really wanna hear your thoughts on this at some point!