What you're all really here for.
JC_DADDY25

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 1)

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

☹️
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:44 pmActually, who is using the GoJoe thread in this game?
Why don't you just check who posted there? Also, why is it relevant?
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Oh, I'm not interested in looking through it while I'm alive in the game, and I don't want to look through someone's posts if they're posting there and see something I shouldn't.

My own personal preference, so only relevant to me I guess.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

fontisian wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:21 am Hey FF, why did you go after me for conceding to rolecop and not one of the people who actually voted for it?
uhhhhh I didn't hello?

I went after you for pushing janitor, you know know better
Makhaira wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:08 am
fontisian wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:59 am Ok, I'm done with role theory.

Vote Janitor
Vote Vengeful

Rolecop/Vengeful is fine.

Let's play some fucking mafia.
gonna need this powerwolf to explain to me how town!fonti believes janitor isnt that bad to deal or at minimum how janitor is less harmful to town prospects than rolecop
still waiting on the explanation btw
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

I did not realize cop had a 50% chance to be insane thats wild def makes that a shoe in for me if I were scum to give to town

masonizer is also way less volatile than I was expecting, no death on failed recruit and only 2 people can be masonized max per game
Makhaira

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Day 0)

Post by Makhaira »

Seven wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:12 am
Makhaira wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:47 am Im in the middle of playing blood on the clocktower and its making me miss real mafia holy shit you cant use real deduction almost at all in this game and no flip mafia is casual garbage holy fuck
Really? When I played it, it seemed like it was almost purely deduction-based. It was incredibly difficult for me as scum because of it. I was town-read, but it was so easy to be PoEd by the mechanics.
Makhaira wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:47 am Anyway anyone who voted for janitor or role cop is suss af, hammering rolecop crazy suss and literally "accidentally" hammering last game was probably my only good scum move, giga FOS seven

Vote: Vengeful Mafiate
Ha, it wasn't actually an accident? Gorf damnit.
re: blood on the clocktower what setup were you playing? you can almost do no PoE at all in that game. No flips ever, and between the drunk mechanic and poisoning almost no info generating roles can actually be trusted because there are so many ways for that info to be tampered with or just unreliable. in blood on the clocktower you dont get roleblocked, you are literally fed false information from the mod without any confirmable way to know your results were tampered with. also getting PoE'd, if at all possible, doesn't even matter as scum unless you're the demon, minions can easily sacrifice themselves just to end day phases and get more demon kills. Additionally, bastard modding is literally authorized in the literal game rules, mods have complete discretion to unilaterally decide when to trigger "might" procs on roles to rebalance the game if one faction is steamrolling to hard

legitimately wondering if we even played the same game with this take lmao, but for reference I've played the trouble brewing, violets and sects, and bad moon rising setups. Bad moon rising was by far the best, first two absolute garbage. The Vortox might be the single most overcentralizing role I've ever seen

and yeah that hammer was totally intentional to get us out of that day phase before you could turn focus around to EGW LOL
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Makhaira wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:37 pm I did not realize cop had a 50% chance to be insane thats wild def makes that a shoe in for me if I were scum to give to town

masonizer is also way less volatile than I was expecting, no death on failed recruit and only 2 people can be masonized max per game
When did you realize this?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

I was rereading the game and saw bessie discussing the possibility of cop being insane in a post, literally said wtf audibly, went back to role post and checked
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

madge wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:48 am
Vote: Rolecop

I'm leaning towards the janitor for my other choice tbh. Yeah it sucks to not be sure but there's a 1/3 chance that the first mafia we kill is the janitor and it is moot.
madge plz explain all this plz respond plz
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Interesting
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Wam wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:16 pm
fontisian wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:07 pm Recommendation: don't talk about reads before scum assign roles.
Assign?
Wam wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:16 pm Ignore that have worked out what you meant.
what did you think assign meant?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

fontisian wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:20 pm Ye. Especially if we give them vengeful or godfather, letting them know which of them is the most scumread before they choose who the roles go to would be unwise.

Sorry, should have said something earlier
why did you not include janitor in this list?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:48 pmInteresting
everything I post is interesting wym?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

boomfrog wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:01 am
fontisian wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:46 am @Xivii

We're starting with an even number of players. Baseline, we get 2.5 potential missed town sided kills this game. The 0.5 doesn't really matter except that each vig shot or successful doc save adds +0.5 to that count. A vengeful mafia that goes off and allows scum to get an extra kill (which may not happen because an extra kill increases their chances of running into a doc save, if we have them) subtracts 0.5 from the count.

I'm going to dive into how I see mafia for a sec.When viewed as a numbers game, mafia is how many town players we need to not misyeet or miskill in order to win. Baseline, with 2.5 allowed town misses, we need to not kill 6.5 town (for the sake of figuring out how many people town needs to correctly not yeet, always round up). 3 of those town are going to be prs, and therefore easier to townread or let scum shoot. Each vig shot or succesful doc save lowers the number of clears needed by 0.5. A cop can create clears, which subtracts from the number of behavioral clears needed by 1 each. A Mason can create 3 clears, if used well. A weak doc can potentially create a clear each night, if they don't fuck up. A godfather has the potential to ruin all of those info role based clears. A rolecop, especially a day rolecop, allows scum to kill prs before they provide clears, make good shots, or get saves. A roleblocker allows scum to interfere with prs creating clears, or with the prs clearing themselves. A jailer makes interaction analysis harder, and hurts in cases where, say, we fuck up horrible and yeet a pr, but it doesn't really affect the number of clears needed.

With all that is mind, a vengeful mafia only adding 0.5 to the clears needed, and only doing that if we yeet them first or second, is not that bad, in my opinion.
Love this analysis angle. But I get most of my clears behaviorally and janitor really hurts that. I feel like it would give us -2 clears easily.
kinda feel like this is a slight town slip for boom
EGW

Re: Pick Your Poison Mafia (Twilight)

Post by EGW »

Votecount 1.2

1. Boomfrog
2. Wam
3. Swiss
4. Mak
5. Fred
6. Madge
7. Seven: JC
8. moody
9. JC: Wam
10. Fonti
11. bessie: Swiss
12. Sabrar

Not voting:
Boomfrog, Mak, Fred, Madge, Seven, Moody, Fonti, Bessie, Sabrar

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.
The deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday 6th, at 11:59PM EST
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

EGW wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:20 am Votecount 0.6

2-shot Roleblocker: Fred, Seven
Day Rolecop: Moody, Swiss, Wam, Bessie, Boomfrog, Madge, Seven
Vengeful Mafiate Swiss, Fred, Moody, Boomfrog, Fonti
1-shot Janitor Fonti
Godfather: Wam

Not voting:
Mak, Madge, Bessie (1/2) JC, Sabrar

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
Setup has been posted here for convenience.

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to lock in a Mafia Perk. Two perks can be chosen.
The deadline for Day 0 is December 2nd, at 9:00AM EST, or when all mafia roles are locked in.
reposting this for easier reference, its the daycop lock in vote count
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Swiss wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:11 am FF I want to give you some leeway because Zen is posting hella different now. But I no likey. No likey at all.
I won't be giving you leeway, but you should know that I want to.
As an aside how I can remember Zen and your posting styles and not remember hydraing with Huery still blows me away. My mind is truly incredibe.
you don't need to give me leeway? appreciate the sentiment tho I guess I mean if you're town we could run this show ez so it would be fun to buddy if justified

I understand if you don't want to give away your read here but if you are willing to explain your zen read in more detail I'd be interested to hear it, not too keen on the slot rn
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

madge wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:48 am I would never give them a cop and a doctor of either stripe, obviously.
were you aware that cop had a 50% chance to be insane when you posted this?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Sabrar not casting a single vote in the role voting phase really, really bothers me, scumlean tbh
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

actual possibility of sab/fonti scumteam here if I called it Im popping off after the game
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

bessie townlean
Wam

Post by Wam »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:44 pm
Swiss wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:46 am
Wam wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:21 am
Vote Jc

Obvs scum.
You’re experienced.

We’re not in RVS.

This post intrigues me
I don't use the GoJoe thread, do you?
The whole point of gojoe is players can't read it until their dead.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Wam wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:21 am
Vote Jc

Obvs scum.
You’re experienced.

We’re not in RVS.

This post intrigues me
So first game with JC so maybe standard for them but.... I love sarcasm as much as the next person but i felt they were hiding behind the sarcasm a bit too much and using it to avoid giving anything away. So wanted to poke at it and see what the reaction was.

The reaction is odd. I'm not sure how alignment indicative it is but I'm going to sleep on it and come back
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Makhaira wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:03 pm actual possibility of sab/fonti scumteam here if I called it Im popping off after the game
So what you're saying is that one of these 2 is not your scum partner, got it.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Wam wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:08 pm
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:44 pm

You’re experienced.

We’re not in RVS.

This post intrigues me
I don't use the GoJoe thread, do you?
The whole point of gojoe is players can't read it until their dead.
I know why it's there, but it keeps getting mentioned that if you iso someone there's a chance you can see something you're not supposed to. With that being the case, I have kept away from going to that thread and ISOing people so I don't risk that chance.

Which is why I asked, because I was going to iso Swiss