Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

What you're all really here for.
somitomi

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by somitomi »

madge wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:38 pm Halloween:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
blame the setup on me me me me me. i wanted two mafia teams. sabrar told me it'd be a disaster, and he might have been right.

but i wanted PIZZAZZ

also having three factions made the flavour so much fun to write...

also i am living for the compliments on the flavour - i hope those who mentioned being sad about having to wait are at least mollified by having been given the full amount of flavour in the end.

and i'll publish the full role PMs at the end of the game :)
Halloween
Well for some reason I love randing mafia in multiball games, so don't ever let Sabrar talk you out of it. I'm not sure I would be this enthusiastic if I was in the team without a kill (seems kinda frustrating), but it's an interesting twist. I've no idea about game balance so I can't comment on that.
The flavour is absolute gold as usual, hopefully I'll remember to put your novel on my kindle the next time I plug it into my computer.
Unrelated, but where is our kingmaker puppy?
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@Adumb
Halloween Mafia 2023
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I've read spoilers but haven't kept up with most of the game thread, although I've read most of the flips. It's lucky I died D1 since I really didn't have bandwidth for this game.

I maintain my test of you was valid and I'd have gotten the results I expected from the majority of players. But you are incredibly good at seeing others towniness to a literally unnerving degree. I think I'd have come around to you being town if I'd survived.

It was really fun playing with you, hope to see you around next time I get a chance to play. It's too bad I had to go hard D1 to stop bessie vs seven (and I thought egw vs you and Seven). Usually I like to lay lower until D3 when I solve everything.

Aren't bessie and Moody both town? How is this Kingmaker?
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

boomfrog wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:42 pm @Adumb
Halloween Mafia 2023
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I've read spoilers but haven't kept up with most of the game thread, although I've read most of the flips. It's lucky I died D1 since I really didn't have bandwidth for this game.

I maintain my test of you was valid and I'd have gotten the results I expected from the majority of players. But you are incredibly good at seeing others towniness to a literally unnerving degree. I think I'd have come around to you being town if I'd survived.

It was really fun playing with you, hope to see you around next time I get a chance to play. It's too bad I had to go hard D1 to stop bessie vs seven (and I thought egw vs you and Seven). Usually I like to lay lower until D3 when I solve everything.

Halloween
slowed down a lot after after the first day actually with each day getting slower.

I actually agree, your test was a useful heuristic. Thing is without looking for inconsistency in thought process, you'll yeet the other 10% who are insightful townies. Also, since Bessie doesn't get an apology dance, can I have one instead? But we both get to ask Bessie for apology dances :p

It definitely was super fun! Would love to play with you again! You couldn't know it was multi-ball yet and I see what you said about EGW legitimately scumhunting, it's just he was able to scumhunt legitimately because it was multi-ball. I used that insight to clear Seven later btw.

Oh, kingmaker was theoretical for if we didn't nab scum D1 and friendly AIs didn't murder humans D2. One mislynch would've led to a kingmaker situation. That's a critique of the setup.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

AI Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I suspect that last post will garner a "no comment", Madge isn't going to make it that easy for us. For those following at home, yes I tracked LaserGuy (also tracked Adum just as an edge case) and watched Adum and bessie. LaserGuy visited Adum.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:51 pm
Halloween Mafia 2023
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Halloween
slowed down a lot after after the first day actually with each day getting slower.

I actually agree, your test was a useful heuristic. Thing is without looking for inconsistency in thought process, you'll yeet the other 10% who are insightful townies. Also, since Bessie doesn't get an apology dance, can I have one instead? But we both get to ask Bessie for apology dances :p

It definitely was super fun! Would love to play with you again! You couldn't know it was multi-ball yet and I see what you said about EGW legitimately scumhunting, it's just he was able to scumhunt legitimately because it was multi-ball. I used that insight to clear Seven later btw.

Oh, kingmaker was theoretical for if we didn't nab scum D1 and friendly AIs didn't murder humans D2. One mislynch would've led to a kingmaker situation. That's a critique of the setup.
Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
What would apology dance for? I wasn't ready to yeet you just keep an eye on you. My only bad read that I was confident enough to take action on was EGW, but you got exactly why I was tricked.

Bessie owes me no dance either. I didn't rely on her judgment for my decisions.

Multiball is always hard to balance and winning relies more on luck or rather very difficult to control or predict chaos (which is very similar to luck). But more luck in a game isn't necessarily bad, it's just different.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:52 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:51 pm
Halloween Mafia 2023
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Halloween

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
What would apology dance for? I wasn't ready to yeet you just keep an eye on you. My only bad read that I was confident enough to take action on was EGW, but you got exactly why I was tricked.

Bessie owes me no dance either. I didn't rely on her judgment for my decisions.

Multiball is always hard to balance and winning relies more on luck or rather very difficult to control or predict chaos (which is very similar to luck). But more luck in a game isn't necessarily bad, it's just different.
halloween
oh I was kidding. I found the whole apology dance thing hilarious and continued it in the thread after.

Its just infuriating cause for the majority of the players in the game it feels like this: https://youtu.be/s-1WxfsJzPM?si=CuTUTaIZFXoLcChF

I've actually never been in a multiball game that depended on cross elimination for balance where it reasonably happened.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2023
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Place your bets now, who do you think bessie will vote for?

My prediction
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I think she will be conflicted then stick with her original theory and vote Moody.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:49 am Halloween 2023
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

My prediction
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I think she will be conflicted then stick with her original theory and vote Moody.
spoiler
probably, but if I'm right about her power, there's no reason that Somi/glue/moody would be inconclusive with just Somi scum whereas both me and Laser made it clear that if it was just mak scum the laser/JC/mak one should've been inconclusive (laser claimed vig, but the point is he claimed he could save the game).

This was exactly what I was trying to clarify at the end of last day phase but she didn't stay long enough to answer.

She just needs to read back the last day phase and make that connection.

Unfortunately she seems hella busy right now. The honest to gorf issue is that moody has been such a non-entity over the course of the game there's no reason to trust him now.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:14 am
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

My prediction
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
spoiler
probably, but if I'm right about her power, there's no reason that Somi/glue/moody would be inconclusive with just Somi scum whereas both me and Laser made it clear that if it was just mak scum the laser/JC/mak one should've been inconclusive (laser claimed vig, but the point is he claimed he could save the game).

This was exactly what I was trying to clarify at the end of last day phase but she didn't stay long enough to answer.

Unfortunately she seems hella busy right now. The honest to gorf issue is that moody has been such a non-entity over the course of the game there's no reason to trust him now.
Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Hmm, that's good news. Also, moody is being townie AF right now. It's so hard to fake that final day, "really unsure of everything and cautious about taking any action. " thing.

And Bessie will have a Saturday to work on it. She might get it. I have hope.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:59 pm
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

My prediction
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
spoiler

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Hmm, that's good news. Also, moody is being townie AF right now. It's so hard to fake that final day, "really unsure of everything and cautious about taking any action. " thing.

halloween
Yep, where was this moody before toDay?!
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

references a Halloween event
https://fortune.com/2023/07/19/chatgpt- ... rd-study/
This is because I got night-killed.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Halloween
Oh man, the deadline isn't until Sunday? I'm gonna die the suspense is too much
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

somitomi wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:53 pm
Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
you already died!
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:42 pm
spoiler

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

halloween
Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
This is typical for moody. He only engages of he has to. Moodys default scumminess is scummy and LG's is townie, so in an end game if you are uncertain, LG is the one to be extra suspicious of. Easy for me to say from the outside though.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:30 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:42 pm
Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

halloween
Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
This is typical for moody. He only engages of he has to. Moodys default scumminess is scummy and LG's is townie, so in an end game if you are uncertain, LG is the one to be extra suspicious of. Easy for me to say from the outside though.
Halloween
I bet Mak hates playing with moody lol

Is it a function of game speed?
madge

Post by madge »

Halloween
halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
yeah the deadline is my fault... i have to leave home in an hour and a half and then it's 12 hours of rehersals + opening night and then the same on thursday, friday, and saturday (except instead of rehersals it's 3 matinees, normally we get friday morning off, doy). it's like a craig david song in here.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

madge wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:25 pm
Halloween
halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
yeah the deadline is my fault... i have to leave home in an hour and a half and then it's 12 hours of rehersals + opening night and then the same on thursday, friday, and saturday (except instead of rehersals it's 3 matinees, normally we get friday morning off, doy). it's like a craig david song in here.
Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Not giving bessie a weekend in endgame would be cruel. I think personally she should get the whole weekend if she asks for it. But it's moot since she probably won't ask.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween no longer looks like it's spelled correctly.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Heloween
AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:14 pm
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
you already died!
Is this a threat? :P
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Wow, you're busy.
I agree with Boom that it's better to have some weekend in the day phase anyway, I'm just being impatient
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

somitomi wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:04 am
Heloween
AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:14 pm
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
you already died!
Is this a threat? :P
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Wow, you're busy.
I agree with Boom that it's better to have some weekend in the day phase anyway, I'm just being impatient
Halloween

Well, we're all dead here, if you're still alive, why are you reading the spoilers?! Omg
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Instead of alternating nights for a kill between two scum teams as a compromise, how do you think a "first come, first serve" kill would work? Maybe if both teams pick the same player make it a strongman kill?
madge

Post by madge »

as in whichever team submits first? as someone in an uncommon timezone (as everyone's groaning about my deadlines emphasises), i am opposed in principle to anything that priortises timezones. (yeah i know the voteoff deadline does this but.... that's enough timezone prioritisation lol)

in retrospect in halloween giving the humans daychat and the friendly ai nightchat would have been a fun balancing strategy
madge

Post by madge »

i just love that if anyone joins this forum now they're going to think we're all bronies. i love it.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

madge wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:39 am i just love that if anyone joins this forum now they're going to think we're all bronies. i love it.
We are bronies madge. I've always wanted to be a pony, I remember dreaming of being a pony as a baby.
madge

Post by madge »

then why boomfrog and not boompony

i do like that the AI thought that a pony named boomfrog should be a guitar-playing scoundrel, i about died (that was only one of the three or four it generated but it was by far the best)