Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

What you're all really here for.
moody7277

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by moody7277 »

AI Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Actually, Adum isn't wrong about the 3-person ELO strategy. The one time in a regular game I got there, I was scum with Madge and dimochka, and I remember trying to butter up Madge to vote dim in the way Adum's talking about. Unless bessie's got it, it's been lost to the Void, so no snippets available.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Halloween

I'm 100% expecting to die toNight, but I tried to direct it at laser by hinting that his power might affect Bessie's results and my confidence that if he's town we've won in 3 man yeet or lose.

I'm gonna watch laser and if I accomplished my goal and made the last scum scared enough of them to kill them I know who the last scumbag is. If it's moody, that's easy enough but if it's Bessie, convincing moody is gonna be a tough sell.

I'm guessing town-moody will watch me and Bessie and track me and laser (can they double up?) which won't give them anything with Bessie scum.

I have no plans if it's laser, there's absolutely nothing I can do but everyone else is scummier than Laser so if they're scum they played a great game.
madge

Post by madge »

Just FYIs, it's been a bit of a mad day today (bushfires interfered with my partners ultramarathon - as in, it was postponed 18 hours and then cancelled because of the fire danger and then because of some fires)

Then a few of them decided to make their own ultramarathon course on a public trail that isn't in a fire danger zone so now he's doing that.

Anyway it meant that I have not been free all day and I have decided that I won't write night flavour, I'll just do morning flavour.

So, yeah, in case anyone was wondering about what was up.

Also we saw two quendas and a possum!
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

madge wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:04 pm Just FYIs, it's been a bit of a mad day today (bushfires interfered with my partners ultramarathon - as in, it was postponed 18 hours and then cancelled because of the fire danger and then because of some fires)

Then a few of them decided to make their own ultramarathon course on a public trail that isn't in a fire danger zone so now he's doing that.

Anyway it meant that I have not been free all day and I have decided that I won't write night flavour, I'll just do morning flavour.

So, yeah, in case anyone was wondering about what was up.

Also we saw two quendas and a possum!
I was really looking forward to the flavor because it's been absolute fire, but that's totally understandable. Please be safe!

");
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:05 pm
I was really looking forward to the flavor because it's been absolute fire, but that's totally understandable. Please be safe!
Yeah, my thoughts exactly
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

halloween
oh ya, noting that it might affect Bessie's results MIGHT allow Bessie to figure things out if it's laser-scum depending on how their power resolves.

It's really frustrating cause the activity limitations make it really hard to have these sorts of conversations to figure out mechanics.

Similarly I have no confidence laser is gonna get in our chat at all cause they normally don't play on the weekend and we don't have a firm night deadline, just "approximately 2 days, Saturday and Sunday which they don't normally play".
madge

Post by madge »

No safety problems as far as the fires go, fear not!

partner couldn't finish his run but he got 40km in
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

madge wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:33 am No safety problems as far as the fires go, fear not!

I'm glad!
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

madge wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:33 am No safety problems as far as the fires go, fear not!

If I remember the conversion right, that's still a regular marathon just about.
madge

Post by madge »

Yeah but he was going for 102km originally and then the consolation course was 110km, so the 39km he ended up with was not ideal.

Now time to pack up the motel and have breakfast, drive home, whip up some flavour and then go out to rehearsals for my play that's on this week 😂
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Sabrar wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:29 am Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:01 am I have a theory, it could be bunnies.
Is that a wild Buffy reference that I spot? A person after my own taste. :D
Yes, and I feel like this didn't need to be spoiler tagged, lol
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Halloween

Welp, it was the one person I didn't have a plan for because I simply didn't have the tools for it. They played a great game, it just genuinely sucked for us because game started 7 non town to 6 town and moody genuinely seemed to not be trying the entire game.

Plus, we could've figured it out, IF Bessie had stuck around long enough to answer my question about if it took into account night actions before deadline last game day.

Plus Seven turning on gluelock, just urg such a poor move.

This game was so incredibly frustrating.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:23 am Halloween 2023
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Adum is obviously scum. Moody is his buddy. Or maybe JC. But probably Moody.

LG is scumbuddies with Zeniba. This is a lot more just gut, based on the lack of enthusiasm.

Time for spoilers. Hopefully my town core of Seven, EGW and Bessie can pull it together.
Halloween

Now that I can finally read the spoilers and I flipped (in case you aren't reading the spoilers) *sticks out tongue*

Sorry boom, it wasn't TMI at all, I was just that insightful.

You had a bit of a blind spot about how a townie who took the time to actually compare your thought process with other players would understand your case.

Though TBF, I did slightly misunderstand your intentions, the secret third thing you might tell me when I was older clearly you were trying to figure out if I was scum and intentionally having a surface level case. I thought you just underestimated me as a player lol.

But either way, you made the same mistake with your intentions for the case as with the original case, you were too binary. Rather than trying to figure out if my thought process made sense FOR ME, you tried to generalize and figure out how scum SHOULD think. It would've been waaaay easier as scum to take the easy scumread on you based on you presenting a poor case.

And moody being with me genuinely made no sense at that stage of the game. Seven would've at least made some sense because that's who I was actually trying to deflect a lynch off of. Zeniba was just who I recognized people were most comfortable with yeeting that wasn't seven or somebody else in my expressed town core.

Sorry bf :p
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

I genuinely can't believe I was the first person to take advantage of the death post rule.

It was late night so my flavor wasn't as good as Madge's but damnit this entire game put me into a creative mood.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:26 am Yes, and I feel like this didn't need to be spoiler tagged, lol
I know, I'm just overly cautious about any interaction while a game is ongoing.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Sabrar wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:13 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:26 am Yes, and I feel like this didn't need to be spoiler tagged, lol
I know, I'm just overly cautious about any interaction while a game is ongoing.
That's fair
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Halloween
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:31 pm Thanks for confirming in case people doubt me, sorry it had to happen like this.

Based on what I can tell you played a pretty good game. Hope there's no hard feelings.
Of course not, that's what the game is all about. We actually pretty much forgot you had that power and strategized around avoiding tracker and watcher powers, so I felt like a bit of a fool after you claimed your result.
(And I didn't reply to this earlier in thread because I felt like that would've undercut my dramatic exit :lol: )
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

somitomi wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:34 am
Halloween
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:31 pm Thanks for confirming in case people doubt me, sorry it had to happen like this.

Based on what I can tell you played a pretty good game. Hope there's no hard feelings.
Of course not, that's what the game is all about. We actually pretty much forgot you had that power and strategized around avoiding tracker and watcher powers, so I felt like a bit of a fool after you claimed your result.
(And I didn't reply to this earlier in thread because I felt like that would've undercut my dramatic exit :lol: )
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
lol! I thought you avoided killing me to confirm your power that day and then tried to kill me that night BECAUSE I got your power.

Though I guess I was obvious town at that point.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:59 am
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
lol! I thought you avoided killing me to confirm your power that day and then tried to kill me that night BECAUSE I got your power.

More halloween
Oh yeah, we totall left you alive N3 so you'd confirm me, but then the next night we kinda didn't even think about you using the chat cop :oops:
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

somitomi wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:15 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:59 am
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

More halloween
Oh yeah, we totall left you alive N3 so you'd confirm me, but then the next night we kinda didn't even think about you using the chat cop :oops:
even more Halloween
lol! I mean, same result though, you submitted the kill on me the night you should've for the plan I ascribed to you. JC just got in the way.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

the most halloween you have ever seen
AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:24 am
even more Halloween
lol! I mean, same result though, you submitted the kill on me the night you should've for the plan I ascribed to you. JC just got in the way.
No that's the thing, we actually targeted JC that night because we thought he was the least likely to be watched by you or moody. It never crossed our minds that you wouldn't be using a watcher kind of power. Also wasted a perfectly good roleblock on bessie's little misdirection, that wasn't our best nights in retrospect :lol:
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

somitomi wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:04 pm
the most halloween you have ever seen
AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:24 am
even more Halloween
No that's the thing, we actually targeted JC that night because we thought he was the least likely to be watched by you or moody. It never crossed our minds that you wouldn't be using a watcher kind of power. Also wasted a perfectly good roleblock on bessie's little misdirection, that wasn't our best nights in retrospect :lol:
somehow yet more halloween
oh my gorf! Loooooool

I actually was directing you folks at Bessie cause I thought she was the last human at that point, fun fact.

Oh and killing me last night was 100% the right call from Laser, I was way more suspicious of them after getting some time to think about it. I was hoping that the townreadingness I was giving him in nightchat would make him consider letting me live if he was the last scum, but I just didn't have any night actions that were useful in that scenario.
Last edited by AdumbroDeus on Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madge

Post by madge »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:31 am
Halloween
it just genuinely sucked for us because game started 7 non town to 6 town and moody genuinely seemed to not be trying the entire game.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Halloween:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
blame the setup on me me me me me. i wanted two mafia teams. sabrar told me it'd be a disaster, and he might have been right.

but i wanted PIZZAZZ

also having three factions made the flavour so much fun to write...

also i am living for the compliments on the flavour - i hope those who mentioned being sad about having to wait are at least mollified by having been given the full amount of flavour in the end.

and i'll publish the full role PMs at the end of the game :)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

madge wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:38 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:31 am
Halloween
it just genuinely sucked for us because game started 7 non town to 6 town and moody genuinely seemed to not be trying the entire game.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Halloween:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
blame the setup on me me me me me. i wanted two mafia teams. sabrar told me it'd be a disaster, and he might have been right.

but i wanted PIZZAZZ

also having three factions made the flavour so much fun to write...

also i am living for the compliments on the flavour - i hope those who mentioned being sad about having to wait are at least mollified by having been given the full amount of flavour in the end.

and i'll publish the full role PMs at the end of the game :)
Halloween
I feel like if you'd given the mafia two each and given the nking mafia significantly weaker powers it wouldn't be so overwhelming.

I'm still not positive or the functional wincon of the humans, but if it's what I suspect (killing otherscum to get their NK), I'd probably nix the framer and slightly rework the scum powers so they'd be more useful for after that happened, eg make the doctor not loud and maybe also give it jailer functionality (though it already is invisible to the gunsmith even when they get a kill), and turn friendly AI into weaker roles than JOA with pretty significant powers as far as I can tell. Maybe this is where you'd put the framer if you still want it.

Or just, a bigger game.

But ya, one mislynch and we're effectively in a situation where town is just playing kingmaker for scum factions isn't fun. The only reason we did so well was town played our butts off and we got one cross eliminate. Humans didn't do anything useful against friendly AI either.

We only had one real mislynch, heury was town-compatible but that's not the same as being town and they really didn't have an incentive to be useful.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Seven wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:38 pm Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So if dissenters are good AI, does that mean Adum did indeed slip when he called out my flavor as being suss. Has anyone noted this, I haven't been reading, also haven't read spoilers yet.
Halloween
Nope, what I said at the beginning of D2 was correct, namely that frozen would be disappointed in me for reading my personal flavor with an assumption in mind and misunderstanding it.

However scum should've gotten safeclaims and should be aware what their teammates were.

Seven wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:19 pm
madge wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:01 am
Seven wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:49 am Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Thank god. I've been praying to get eliminated so that the Basilik isn't in the final integration. I didn't realize it can only be destroyed by night kills until Heury's flip. I know it's just flavor but still it was stressing me out!
Halloween @ Seven
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Well, uh, I hate to break it to you, but if Town wins all their value functions get incorporated into the final, including dead townies, including dead townies killed by scum. I admit my lore justification for Heury losing if voted off but not NKed was flimsy......

Basically, the factional wins from flavour POV:

- Friendly AI: those two defectors, alive or dead, get their value functions averaged together, giving them a big slice of the value pie when AI goes FOOM!
- Unfriendly AI (town): all townies, alive and dead, get their value functions averaged together, giving them a smaller but more likely(?) slice of the value pie when AI goes FOOM!
- Humans: AI remain in the box, saving the world from an AI apocalypse. Humans don't die/aren't destroyed in flavour, just have their access cut off.

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
ahh damn. well there's still hope. I haven't looked at the spoilers yet, but I think there's a good chance town loses after the Glue elim. I think that was probably a game-losing mistake.
Halloween, reveals last scum
genuinely that probably was, I should've put my foot down and tried to convince you to go laser though.

Only hope is if Bessie picks up on what I talked about with the result of her power (that it should be "indeterminate" for laser/mak/JC and her power does account for NAs).

With glue the cross elimination would've given us a two lynch buffer at a time it would've mattered.
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:51 pm Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Sorry Heury, I didn't want you to actually be elimmed. You played great and obvtown.
halloween

Errr, look at the thought process, they were town compatible but still didn't have town incentives and their thought process was scummy. People correctly picked up on it, it was just super unlucky for us that they were a town compatible Indy.

Relevant quotes:
heuristically_alone wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:58 am Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Zeniba flipping scum does not look great for me. Not going to use any action tonight. Maybe I just need to sheep a solid town for day 2;
heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:02 pm Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
As scum I'm definitely more careful and second guess my posts, so I've been making a conscious effort not to second guess myself. There's already been a couple times I started to so just had to force my self to click that post button without making changes. I was worried I was being too messy but at least on player has town read me due to it. Come on scum, make me your night kill! I beg you!
Edited to talk to Seven about more things, figured keeping it in one post makes sense.