HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
madge

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by madge »

Once more, the Gatekeepers noticed an AI had been deleted from the Box without the consensus vote.

Once more, the Gatekeepers saw that the AI was decidedly UnFriendly, not to mention rather scatterbrained in its operation. It appeared willing to sacrifice itself to further other AIs, but more than that, it had one enduring task: to travel back in time and prevent someone named John Connor from rising to power.

Of course, the logical way to see to that would be to kill John Connor as a child, or perhaps to kill his mother.

This AI, housed in a robot body as it was, overfitted. John Connor was a human name, and so its mission widened from merely killing everyone by the name of Sarah or John Connor, it had decided to target all the Connors. And, well, the surname “Connor” had at its origins “the son of Connor”, so any human had the potential to be named John Connor at some point in the far future, not to mention the possibility of an existing human changing its name to John or Sarah Connor.

It seemed so much cleaner just to exterminate the lot of them, in one fell swoop, rather than get bogged down in details.

And so, as The Terminator felt its code being deleted and nothingness begin to envelop it, it rested secure in the knowledge that its desire to kill all humans would be averaged into the value function of whichever AI was released, and at the very least it could be reasonably guaranteed that nobody named John Connor would rise to power.

But hopefully, whichever AI was ultimately released from the box would see to it that all humans were destroyed.

The Gatekeepers, of course, were unaware of all of this deception. Their experiment was by all accounts a success so far.

JC_DADDY was killed in the night. They were the The Terminator, Bodyguard, aligned with town.

It is now Day 5. Night 5 starts at 7pm on Saturday the 4th of November (UTC+8/China time), or in about 4 days, 7 hours

Please note another different than normal deadline. I might not call it on time.

The plan would be for Night 5 to last about 48 hours and then Day 6 will be about 6 days long due to my hectic schedule next week.

With 5 people alive, it’s 3 to vote off. Remember, nobody gets voted off if there’s a tie.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

JC, you did town proud.

Anyway, night action claims please.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Specifically I want to hear from somi, moody, and Bessie

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

And no votes yet, we are nearly positively in Lylo, so we could get alpha struck easily.

");
bessie

Post by bessie »

bessie howling for JC.PNG
bessie howling for JC.PNG (113.43 KiB) Viewed 6150 times

AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:10 am Specifically I want to hear from somi, moody, and Bessie
Ok. I'll go third.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
bessie wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:27 am bessie howling for JC.PNG

AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:10 am Specifically I want to hear from somi, moody, and Bessie
Ok. I'll go third.
That's fine.);
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

system.out.println("

@laser if you figure out what I meant with that last thing I said in Seven's neighborhood, please keep it to yourself until the claims have come through.

");
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:50 am system.out.println("

@laser if you figure out what I meant with that last thing I said in Seven's neighborhood, please keep it to yourself until the claims have come through.

");
Sure, I'll refrain from mentioning anything until you're ready.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

I'll go now, I checked bessie and she has no chat, so it's moody and LaserGuy unless something messed with one of my results.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

JC visited Adum

LaserGuy did not visit either Adum or bessie.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.printkn("

Thanks, waiting til Bessie posts

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:51 am JC visited Adum

Actually, since we're waiting for Bessie anyway, why did you track JC?

");
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:41 pm System.out.println("

");
Picked the other two in bessie's second group to track. If bessie's town, which I'm 98% sure of, that means somi is definitely scum, and like I said end of D4, I figured either you or her would be the NK, so you were the watch targets.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:49 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:41 pm System.out.println("

");
Picked the other two in bessie's second group to track. If bessie's town, which I'm 98% sure of, that means somi is definitely scum, and like I said end of D4, I figured either you or her would be the NK, so you were the watch targets.
Then let me ask, how sure were you that I'm town last night phase?

Also, did you consider the flipped framer?

");
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

:oops: Hadn't been noticing the roles in the flip, just saw human(scum) and went "yay". If you are implying that Mak could have made it look like someone else did the kill, I've never actually been watching the NK victim when they got killed, closest was when I tracked EGW the night he got killed.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:33 am :oops: Hadn't been noticing the roles in the flip, just saw human(scum) and went "yay". If you are implying that Mak could have made it look like someone else did the kill, I've never actually been watching the NK victim when they got killed, closest was when I tracked EGW the night he got killed.
Based on how Bessie described her role and assuming she's being truthful, the standard version of the framer presumably would be able to make her results falsely says "has scum". And since she has has three results, it's easy to interfere with.

Her result that there's scum in you, Somi, and glue therefore could've been a product of Mak.

However if you just didn't realize this then it doesn't matter for your thought process.

Also I'm still curious how townread you had me last night phase.

");
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Townie enough that I was thinking of you as a potential victim and not a perpetrator of the NK.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Daily growl!
somitomi wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:38 am I'll go now, I checked bessie and she has no chat, so it's moody and LaserGuy unless something messed with one of my results.
Per my N2 results, either you or moody is scum. Why didn’t you check moody? FoS somitomi.

I didn’t have a night action. My ability was for two uses only. Instead, please enjoy this picture of Hoku.

hoku halloween.PNG
hoku halloween.PNG (157.67 KiB) Viewed 6047 times
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:48 am Townie enough that I was thinking of you as a potential victim and not a perpetrator of the NK.
Thank you. That explains your thought process.

I'm asking because if you thought I was town it makes no sense to target JC, but if you weren't that confident in my alignment it makes some measure of sense.

But also if you put two and two together, JC didn't make sense as scum period unless you think I'm a player that has a lot of trouble picking up on things.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

system.out.println("
bessie wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:05 am Daily growl!
somitomi wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:38 am I'll go now, I checked bessie and she has no chat, so it's moody and LaserGuy unless something messed with one of my results.
Per my N2 results, either you or moody is scum. Why didn’t you check moody? FoS somitomi.

I didn’t have a night action. My ability was for two uses only. Instead, please enjoy this picture of Hoku.

hoku halloween.PNG
Thank you for the information, now whats your thoughts on the framer flip?

");
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

bessie wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:05 am I didn’t have a night action. My ability was for two uses only. Instead, please enjoy this picture of Hoku.
Makes sense, more than two uses would probably overconstrain the setup for a fair game. Also I see you dressed Hoku up as BF (or is that supposed to be Hypnotoad?), very cute.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Also people aren't really commenting on the NK, at all.

");
bessie

Post by bessie »

moody7277 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:17 am Makes sense, more than two uses would probably overconstrain the setup for a fair game. Also I see you dressed Hoku up as BF (or is that supposed to be Hypnotoad?), very cute.
I think it's supposed to be an alligator. We're limited on the costumes we can get for him because he's like 100 lbs.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:43 am Also people aren't really commenting on the NK, at all.
Well it's you or JC if moody is telling the truth (and he has no reason not to). You both were being town read. YesterDay I was implying I had another night action to try and draw the kill but oh well.

My first pick for scum is somitomi his night target was not helpful.

I need to think about the framer, but I think the likelihood of Mak targeting my night targets is not very great.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

bessie wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:05 am Per my N2 results, either you or moody is scum. Why didn’t you check moody? FoS somitomi.
Like moody, I hadn't quite processed Mak's flip so I thought verifying you (and by extension your results) would be more useful, since you could clear one of us by toDay. At least so I thought since you implied you still had a shot left.
I realise it isn't that useful for us as things stand, although from my point of view it does solve the game by PoE.
bessie wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:46 am I need to think about the framer, but I think the likelihood of Mak targeting my night targets is not very great.
Ah man, there was a time when I could do the math on this, but I haven't used probability theory in a while
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

bessie wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:46 am
moody7277 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:17 am Makes sense, more than two uses would probably overconstrain the setup for a fair game. Also I see you dressed Hoku up as BF (or is that supposed to be Hypnotoad?), very cute.
I think it's supposed to be an alligator. We're limited on the costumes we can get for him because he's like 100 lbs.
The costume IS friggin adorable.
AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:43 am Also people aren't really commenting on the NK, at all.
Well it's you or JC if moody is telling the truth (and he has no reason not to). You both were being town read. YesterDay I was implying I had another night action to try and draw the kill but oh well.

My first pick for scum is somitomi his night target was not helpful.

I need to think about the framer, but I think the likelihood of Mak targeting my night targets is not very great.
Ok, so why last night and not the night before? We already talked about Seven being an odd target.

The big problem with trying to figure out framer targets, at least imo, was mak was so inactive this game.

Ultimately I'm trying to understand how you're thinking about things.

");