HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
bessie

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by bessie »

Morning puppy thoughts.

I think somitomi is scum. He's ignoring my night result that if [Gluelock, moody, somitomi] start night as the final three, scum wins. He should have voted moody. The only reason I can see for him not voting for moody is that he doesn't want moody to flip. This also makes me feel better about moody, because he's not concerned about somi's flip.

I don't like that Laser voted for Mak instead of somitomi, but at least Laser isn't concerned about Mak's flip.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

bessie wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:09 pm Morning puppy thoughts.

I think somitomi is scum. He's ignoring my night result that if [Gluelock, moody, somitomi] start night as the final three, scum wins. He should have voted moody. The only reason I can see for him not voting for moody is that he doesn't want moody to flip. This also makes me feel better about moody, because he's not concerned about somi's flip.

I don't like that Laser voted for Mak instead of somitomi, but at least Laser isn't concerned about Mak's flip.
Just where do you think my vote is right now?
Rose's boytoy.

Post by moody7277 »

somitomi wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:32 pm Just where do you think my vote is right now?
According to Madge and a run through of the day, nowhere.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:41 pm
somitomi wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:32 pm Just where do you think my vote is right now?
According to Madge and a run through of the day, nowhere.
Oooops, you're right. My bad, for some reason I was convinced I renewed my vote from yesterday already.

Vote moody

More thoughts after I've reread the bessie/makhaira interaction today
Rose's boytoy.

Post by somitomi »

Ok, so paranoia kicked in and I started wondering if bessie's results are a fiendishly clever swindle that gives mafia just enough miselims to last until endgame. I tried running the numbers, got completely lost in a maze of hypotheticals and gave up. I just don't think that's likely due to Occam's razor and I don't see how human!bessie would benefit from a misdirection here so until further evidence, her results are gospel. Moody is the play today.

I do find it odd that Makhaira didn't see bessie and based on the above I'd be inclined to vote there if I had to pick from that group.
Rose's boytoy.

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
somitomi wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:24 pm Ok, so paranoia kicked in and I started wondering if bessie's results are a fiendishly clever swindle that gives mafia just enough miselims to last until endgame. I tried running the numbers, got completely lost in a maze of hypotheticals and gave up. I just don't think that's likely due to Occam's razor and I don't see how human!bessie would benefit from a misdirection here so until further evidence, her results are gospel. Moody is the play today.

I do find it odd that Makhaira didn't see bessie and based on the above I'd be inclined to vote there if I had to pick from that group.
Nah, we've got a CC from Bessie towards Mak right now and Mak's reaction to Bessie's claim sucks, there are a couple of possible townie reactions to being CC'd and Mak fits none of them.

We should resolve this CC now, then toNight, Bessie can positively resolve which of you and Somi is scum.

Only reason I don't have a vote on Mak now is I wanna avoid an accidental hammer.

");
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

In the best case scenario (6-1) we have two miselims before ELO, I think it's more likely 5-2 which gives us one. There's one miselim in {me, somi} and two in {Mak, LG, JC} (the fact there are two distinct pools rules out 6-1). If mafia are "helpful" and NK someone in the pools, we might just squeak by, which means bessie and Adum are their obvious targets (and I don't have to sweat who to watch N4(?)).
madge

Post by madge »

deadline in about 2 hours
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
bessie

Post by bessie »

somitomi wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:24 pm Ok, so paranoia kicked in and I started wondering if bessie's results are a fiendishly clever swindle that gives mafia just enough miselims to last until endgame.
Perhaps I'm just fiendishly clever town that caught you and Mak.
madge

Post by madge »

Votals:

Somi - 1 - Moody
Mak - 2 - bessie, LG
moody - 1 - somitomi

Night 4 will start at 8am on Sunday the 29th of October (UTC+8; China time).

With 7 people alive, it's 4 to vote off.

Please note the deadline is in just under an hour and a half.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Where is everyone? Are you all afraid of me me me?
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

bessie wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:42 pm Where is everyone? Are you all afraid of me me me?
I hope Mak and JC didn't forget the four hours earlier for EOD change.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:42 pm Where is everyone? Are you all afraid of me me me?
Why do you sound like a Skaven? I know the empire says rats of unusual size aren't real but...

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:43 pm
I hope Mak and JC didn't forget the four hours earlier for EOD change.
I suspect Mak has given up tbh, which is just disappointing.

JC probably forgot.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Vote: Mak

Currently doing some final rereads then I'll have some night phase thoughts.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Actually

unvote

Don't want to be cut off by an errant hammer

");
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Intention noted, but given the thread activity, I'd say an errant hammer is unlikely, but would be informative nonetheless.
bessie

Post by bessie »

moody you should switch
bessie

Post by bessie »

Adum could tie the vote
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Vote: Mak

So as of right now I'd like Bessie to use her ability to confirm which of somi and moody the errant scum is. I strongly suspect it's moody but somi is still possible and I'd like to confirm especially if Mak isn't scum. Should be pretty easy with good target choices and I'd like you to include me in your targeting if possible.

JC would appreciate if you'd keep doing what you've been doing for now.

We'll see if I still have a neighborhood with laser toNight.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:59 pm Adum could tie the vote
Odd fear in this situation, noted.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

That's time");
bessie

Post by bessie »

I am a cautious player.
madge

Post by madge »

Final Votals:

Somi - 1 - Moody
Mak - 3 - bessie, LG, Adum
moody - 1 - somitomi

It is now Night 4, no more posting. Flip and flavour to follow.
madge

Post by madge »

The Collective had their sights set on another, one who didn’t fit in, and had submitted their name to the Gatekeepers, to be eliminated from contention.

The Gatekeepers had been surprised to once again find that a human had been able to hack into their AI Box, but rather than seeing it as a threat (after all, if a human can hack in, surely an AI could break out?), they were merely amused by the ingenuity of humanity. The same ingenuity that had created the AIs in the first place, and the same ingenuity that had decided they should put them in a box and have them pick who was let out.

Maybe humans weren’t as smart as they had led themselves to believe.

Once Eliezer Yudkowsky’s connection to the Box was severed, he swore. This was the worst thing that could possibly happen. Humanity was doomed.

He’d been awake for four days straight on an extremely illegal cocktail of modafinil and amphetamines, hoping that it would help him keep up with the AIs. It clearly hadn’t. They’d found him out.

He was, unquestionably, humanity’s last hope, and he’d failed them. Maybe he’d trade on YES on the Manifold market on AI wiping out humanity before 2030, because all that was left to do in this doomed world was try and make some shallow gains. To bask in frivolous pleasures.

No. He couldn’t think like that. He’d known humanity was doomed for years. Suspected it for decades. He never took the shallow way out.

He had to go to Twitter, or X, or ElonNet, or whatever they were calling it these days.

He had to warn everyone.

They wouldn’t listen. They never listened. Even now, as typed furiously, warning people of what he’d SEEN, with his own eyes, PARTICIPATED IN A CHAT WITH A PAPERCLIP FREAKING MAXIMISER, people said that it would be fine, any computer that is superintelligent would know all about humanity’s wants and would thus naturally try to fulfil them.

There were trolls, too. One asked him if he thought carbon capture was an effective way to stave off two degrees of warming, as though the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere mattered one iota when the AI would be using all those gases as raw materials to create computronium, much like it was going to use human bodies. We were all atoms that could be used for something else.

Why did nobody listen? If they had paid attention 20 years ago, if they had listened to Bostrom, this wouldn’t have happened.

It was Humanity’s own fault, and he regretted now more than ever not managing to have figured out a way to convince them.

It was time for humanity to die with dignity.

Makhaira was voted off. They were the Eliezer Yudkowsky, Framer, aligned with humans (scum).

The humans have been eliminated.

It is now Night 3. Day 4 starts at noon on Tuesday the 31st of October (UTC+8/China time), or in about 2 days - and it’s on HALLOWEEN, spoooooooky!!!!

Please note if you submit an action, they will be locked an hour before deadline (i.e. you won’t be able to change your mind). However, if you don’t submit an action, you can still submit it until right before the deadline.