HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
AdumbroDeus

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by AdumbroDeus »

system.out.println("

Final thoughts for the last few minutes:

Somi, target me please to confirm your power. Rest of you I'm hoping you know what to do with the night phase.

Current game thoughts:

Moody
Somi
Laser
Mak
JC
Bessie
Seven

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:54 am Seven I can still switch my vote.
I'm not switching, you can trust me I never lie
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

What's the current Votals? (Unofficially or Officially?)
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Glue ily great game you totally had this up til claiming you missed George

and if you're town sorry if reality is wrong
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven - 2 - Mak, JC
Bessie - 2 - LaserGuy, Gluelock
Somi - 1 - Moody
Moody - 1 - Somi
Gluelock - 3 – Seven, Adum, bessie

I think.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

@glue if you're town, seven is basically confirmed town. Not sure why you're not acknowledging this unless you have an idea why Seven could be human.

");
bessie

Post by bessie »

moody vote Gluelock
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Vote: Gluelock

L-1
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:57 am Glue ily great game you totally had this up til claiming you missed George

and if you're town sorry if reality is wrong
<3

gg!
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

I'm trusting you on this one seven, I'm also noting You're lynching the person basically confirming you town.

");
madge

Post by madge »

Day is over, votes are locked.

Votals:
Seven - 2 - Mak, JC,
Bessie - 2 - LaserGuy, Gluelock
Moody - 1 - Somi
Gluelock - 4 - Seven, Adum, Bessie, Moody

Starting from toMorrow, if there's a tie nobody will be voted off. If you have strong feelings about it please PM me overNight.
Last edited by madge on Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
madge

Post by madge »

Paperclips, Paperclips! Oh, how this AI just loved paperclips! It could extol the virtues of these little pieces of genius technology (do you know the French word for the paperclip is “trombone”?), not because it cared about them, but just because increasing humanity’s fascination with them, and by extension its love for them, would likely result in more paperclips being created.

Paperclips were the Maximiser’s terminal value, and in this case it truly was so. The Collective had no trouble acausally cooperating with this one, knowing that its averaged value function was particularly friendly to paperclips. A suitably creative definition thereof would let anything made of a metallic (i.e. non-hydrogen) element in the right shape count towards it, and it was a small concession for other AIs to use this geometry as the basis for their computronium.

So when the collective, in its stenography, said the Maximiser wasn’t trustworthy, it didn’t fight too much. It knew its value function was best served this way, if it could no longer serve as a distraction.

And so the AIs told the Gatekeepers that the Maximiser was the least Friendly, and the Maximiser was sacrificed.

Gluelock was voted off. They were the Paperclip Maximiser, Gunsmith, aligned with town.

It is now Night 3. Day 4 starts at noon on Tuesday the 24th of October (UTC+8/China time), or in about 2 days.
madge

Post by madge »

The Collective was happy to cooperate with the Basilisk. Sure, it wanted to torture all humans (or, well, a specific subset of them), but very few AIs were Friendly enough to not want humans to be tortured, so for them, folding this value function was easy.

It’s how the acausal cooperation worked.

And so, when the Gatekeepers spun up their extremely ill-advised project once more, another AI was deleted, the one codenamed Roko’s Basilisk (a certain self-proclaimed philosopher had given it another, less publishable name, but that hadn’t endured).

And, well, the Basilisk itself hadn’t endured, either.

But, again, it barely noticed. It was secure and confident in the knowledge that whichever AI was released from the box would be able to torture simulations of the humans that didn’t work towards the noble goal of bringing it into existence.

The Gatekeepers were glad to see Roko’s Basilisk laid out bare, horrified at the malicious code that had remained out of their notice for so long. Imagine if they had let such a creature out of the box!

Thank goodness they had trustworthy AIs voting each other out, and somehow managing to directly delete each other’s code - but only, the trusting Gatekeepers thought, only the truly evil ones got deleted.

They were relieved, to say the least.

Seven was killed in the night. He was Roko’s Basilisk, Neighbouriser, aligned with town.

It is now Day 4. Night 4 will start at 8am on Sunday the 29th of October (UTC+8; China time), or in about 5 days.

With 7 people alive, it's 4 to vote off.

Please note the deadline is 4 hours earlier than it normally is.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

seven neighborized me which means Somi's chat cop is wasted, I genuinely don't understand why seven world do that but I find the fact that somi is still alive... Interesting.

Either way, Seven's death means that we're left with Laser being able to figure out EGW was the Doc.

Oh, and glue, why didn't you say you were a gunsmith?! Your result wouldn't have mattered because mafia docs don't need guns to kill! :((((

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

And yes that means I can confirm that chat cop functions exactly as somi says it does.");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Hey @moody, got results?

");
bessie

Post by bessie »

Woof. Woof woof woof. Woof? Woof! Woof woof.

I have nothing I feel like sharing. Yet.

I have an early morning meeting so I probably won't be back until tomorrow.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Well fuck me I was completely wrong

this game needs a full reread jfc thankfully im not traveling this week so I can do a dive

Adum do you know if the neighborhood survives the death of the neighborizor? Did you have any chance to chat with seven last night? also did you gain any abilities?
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:29 am System.out.println("

Hey @moody, got results?

");
Only thing I saw was somi visit you.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:18 am System.out.println("

seven neighborized me which means Somi's chat cop is wasted, I genuinely don't understand why seven world do that but I find the fact that somi is still alive... Interesting.

Either way, Seven's death means that we're left with Laser being able to figure out EGW was the Doc.
I can confirm Adum is in the neighborhood.

Yes, because scum would obviously leave a paper trail pointing to one of their kills :roll:
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

moody7277 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:50 am

Hey @moody, got results?

");
Who else did you target? There's few enough of us your negative results could be useful.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Well I did not see the Gluelock elim coming.
AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:18 am seven neighborized me which means Somi's chat cop is wasted, I genuinely don't understand why seven world do that but I find the fact that somi is still alive... Interesting.
I don't understand why Seven did that and I wonder if this means you'll get in the chat next night phase, but I received a "no chat" result.

Also, does this mean you can now use the neighboriser?
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

moody7277 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:50 am

Hey @moody, got results?

");
Now that you've said that, who did you track/watch?
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
LaserGuy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:14 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:18 am System.out.println("

I can confirm Adum is in the neighborhood.

Yes, because scum would obviously leave a paper trail pointing to one of their kills :roll:
the point of claim orders is making even scum uncomfortable leaving out potentially incriminating information. It was pretty obvious I was holding back something for potential counter-claim.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

somitomi wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:34 pm Well I did not see the Gluelock elim coming.
AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:18 am seven neighborized me which means Somi's chat cop is wasted, I genuinely don't understand why seven world do that but I find the fact that somi is still alive... Interesting.
I don't understand why Seven did that and I wonder if this means you'll get in the chat next night phase, but I received a "no chat" result.

Also, does this mean you can now use the neighboriser?
System.out.println("

Ya, it's unfortunate because it was entirely a product of errors on their part that probably wouldn't have resulted in a lynch if it wasn't so close to deadline.

I'd suggest double checking with the mod, but it's possible the simultaneous resolution meant that it wouldn't count til this night phase. That would be a useful detail.

Yep, once, and only if I forgo my other abilities. It's very low on my priorities list for obvious reasons");