HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
AdumbroDeus

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

I think I'll take glue yeet over seven right now.

Moody is still better though, especially with the disappearing when accused.

Vote: gluelock

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:33 am
Seven wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:04 am 2. **Anchoring Bias**: Anchoring refers to the tendency to heavily rely on the first piece of information offered (the "anchor") when making decisions. Once an anchor is set, subsequent judgments are made by adjusting away from that anchor, and there is a bias toward interpreting other information around the anchor.
Of what are you trying to accuse me?
Exactly what it was. All of your reasoning is tainted by your initial scum read of me.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

bessie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:35 am
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:32 am I thought Seven was leading with 3 votes.
Seven is leading. And I'm not moving my vote (yet?) because I don't trust him.
Yeah Seven is still leading I think, but I'm not going to vote them just to self pres.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:38 am Exactly what it was. All of your reasoning is tainted by your initial scum read of me.
No. You've been scummy the entire game in ways that are independent of each other.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:39 am
Seven wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:38 am Exactly what it was. All of your reasoning is tainted by your initial scum read of me.
No. You've been scummy the entire game in ways that are independent of each other.
They aren't independent. They are all anchored by your initial scum read, which stems from the fact that I was pushing you.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Anyway, Glue's missing the deadline for George thing is clearly a lie, otherwise, he would have stated that in his initial claim rather than saying he targeted George.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

system.out.println("

Bessie Seven is town, at least narrow your results pool. I pulled off moody essentially for you.

");
bessie

Post by bessie »

What?? You've been misrepresenting my content the entire game.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Would be happy with a somi elim, but I see that isn't going anywhere. Seven's been a troll all game, but that isn't quite enough to yeet, even though I'd really like to. The basis for eliming Gluelock is that it will clarify the game, true?
madge

Post by madge »

Votals:
Seven - 3 - Mak, JC, Bessie
Bessie - 2 - LaserGuy, Gluelock
Somi - 1 - Moody
Moody - 1 - Somi
Gluelock - 2 - Seven, Adum

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
- Either Seven or Bessie reached two votes first
- Seven reached three votes first

Update: I'm pretty much decided that starting from toMorrow, if there's a tie nobody will be voted off. If you have strong feelings about it please PM me overNight.

Night 3 will start at noon on Sunday the 22nd of October (UTC+8), or in about 15 minutes.

With 9 players alive, 5 are required to vote off.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:44 am What?? You've been misrepresenting my content the entire game.
You seem to not grasp the difference between misrepresenting and misinterpreting. You are not an easy person to interpret, not even for me.
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Unvote: Seven

Vote: Gluelock
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:45 am Would be happy with a somi elim, but I see that isn't going anywhere. Seven's been a troll all game, but that isn't quite enough to yeet, even though I'd really like to. The basis for eliming Gluelock is that it will clarify the game, true?
That and missing the deadline their NA on EGW, and two pseudo cops in a game with a flipped scumclaim, one of them is almost definitional a fakeclaims.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Thank you Bessie. If I'm wrong, I promise that apology dance.

");
bessie

Post by bessie »

moody7277 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:45 am Would be happy with a somi elim, but I see that isn't going anywhere. Seven's been a troll all game, but that isn't quite enough to yeet, even though I'd really like to. The basis for eliming Gluelock is that it will clarify the game, true?
Yes I have a result that if night starts with only moody, somi, and Gluelock, then scum win.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:47 am System.out.println("
That and missing the deadline their NA on EGW, and two pseudo cops in a game with a flipped scumclaim, one of them is almost definitional a fakeclaims.

");
Pseudo cop including somi's claim of chat cop? Because I thought that was some weak tea.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

bessie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:48 am
Yes I have a result that if night starts with only moody, somi, and Gluelock, then scum win.
That is a very pizzazy power to give you a result formatted in that manner.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:46 am
bessie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:44 am What?? You've been misrepresenting my content the entire game.
You seem to not grasp the difference between misrepresenting and misinterpreting. You are not an easy person to interpret, not even for me.
skeptical bessie.PNG
skeptical bessie.PNG (77.77 KiB) Viewed 9463 times
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

system.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:49 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:47 am System.out.println("

");
Pseudo cop including somi's claim of chat cop? Because I thought that was some weak tea.
Yep, it's a pseudo cop claim with neighbors as essentially Millers

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven admitting they're wrong? I may frame this!");
bessie

Post by bessie »

moody7277 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:50 am That is a very pizzazy power to give you a result formatted in that manner.
It is against the rules to quote any communication with the mod. Paraphrasing is fine.

If that's not in the MadgeRules its in the xkcd general rules that I need to write up and post some day.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

What is a quote but meticulous paraphrasing?
Seven (she, him, their)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:04 am N1: Boom died, Boom Loud Protected
N2: George died, Seven Loud Protected

Seven - Neighborizer
N1: Naybor George
N2: Naybor Laser

somi - Chat Checker
N1: Chat check JC - none
N2: Chat check Glue - none

moody - Tracker-Watcher
N1: Tracked Seven and somi, Watched bessie and LG - none
N2: Tracked EGW and Makhaira, Watched Seven and Adum - George > Seven

Mak - Psychic (learns 1 of what visited by)
N1: None
N2: Tracked

Laser - JOAT(Tracker, Watcher, X)
N1: Tracked George - Visited Boom
N2: Watched Adum - Saw Moody & JC

Glue - Codesmith (check for kill potential)
N1: Check Seven - negative
N2: Check George - positive

Adum - Copier (once per night can use a power used on him)
N1: no visits
N2: watched twice and something by JC
Here's some quick takes I have looking at the mechanics:

First looking at my slot compared to what we know of the others, its potentially really helpful to identify the last 3 dissenters. I worried that I'd get killed once the dissenters learned of my ability and I considered lying. Only reason why i didn't is I don't know enough about other roles to fake it. So I'd read how the push against me developed and you all can determine if its scum motivated to you.

Somi's ability looks the most like it could have been faked. It's very simple and missing the details that others naturally provided.

Laser saw Moody and JC vist Adum JC has been confirmed, Moody has been confirmed

I think JC is likely a role similar to mine that confirms peoples alignments, I don't have time to check but I'd be interested to see how JC's opinoin of Adum changed after he performed his action on him.

Also with more time I'd like to re-read Maks post knowing that he can attract actions and see what happens to himself. He likely has been playing in a way to attract certain actions no?

Someone mentioned how Moody's ability is a weaker version of theirs and thinking about that, the feels the most like an ability scum could have.

Somi's ability could be useful for scum to find masons or neighbors I guess but its not really all that useful otherwise if she isn't town. Does this mean that she can identify scum if they're shown to be in a chat?

My quick reads list from this is:

Town
Adum
JC (sheeping Adum's claim here)
Seven
Laser
Mak
Somi
Moody
Bessie
Scum
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven I can still switch my vote.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:52 am System.out.println("
Seven admitting they're wrong? I may frame this!");
It's not me that's wrong, it's reality that's wrong for not aligning with my version :mrgreen:
Seven (she, him, their)