HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
AdumbroDeus

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by AdumbroDeus »

system.out.println("
somitomi wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:53 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:07 am I'm not suggesting it, I'm mulling over my interpretation of what Bessie is suggesting as a reaction to what you suggested earlier about the mechanics of a Mafia doc, which Bessie seemed to confirm is what they intended.
The who said what now?
Started with this post: viewtopic.php?p=53537#p53537

Bessie wondered why nobody acknowledged it here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=917&p=53627&hilit=m ... tor#p53627

My response was "heh?"

Which is when she gave the suggestion that implied a Mafia doc bypassing their own protections and I entertained it.
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:48 am
If you're town, your role exists to help other townies puzzle out whose scum. That's what the game is about and a good mod makes the game with that in mind. They're not a replacement for the social aspect, they work with it. As a result, town needs to be able to enforce mass claims happening.

It you genuinely refuse to ever claim then you're incapable of playing to your wincon outside of vanilla games and should just play vanilla games.
That's kinda harsh
Ya it is, but people sometimes need to be convinced to treat this as an actual team game, even if you don't know the teams.

People just refusing to play nice with anyone else sucks all the fun from the game.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Makhaira wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:27 pm Ok so we're about 10 hours out from deadline, I tried to skim quickly this morning to see where we're at and it looks like we're in the process of claiming? Im ready and willing to claim just lmk who Im going after or if you just want me to claim now

btw I 100% believe moodys claim

It seems to be mod confirmed that we still have a human left based on the mod not accouncing a faction elim upon EGWs flip? So one scum team is definitely atleast 3 members correct? This definitely reinforces my feeling that we're dealing with a killing indy and Ill need to more thoroughly read what Ive missed since my last actual post to see if seven has done anything to change my read on that slot being it

If theres anything urgent you need to respond to please quote this message and then the post you need me to look at so I get a notif. Im going out to lunch with a friend now but should have some time to read while Im at the racetrack waiting for today's main race which is at 5 pm central. After that race is over I should have some more time and will be around for deadline
Your turn for claiming");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.print("
somitomi wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:10 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:58 pm Somi where is your claim?
Ugh, fine, in the interest of moving forward, I'm a chat cop. Checked JC (no chat) and Gluelock (no chat).
So essentially a cop whose Millers are neighbors and Masons? Interesting.

Unless Bessie is right about scum not having a chat, which I don't think we're at yet.");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Site is being unreliable right now otherwise I'd provide more of the exchange @Somi. Really hard to do a comprehensive post now.

");
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:03 pm Couldn't get anything from Mason group. Would probably have targeted heury N2 though. N1 I figured he'd be a target for role manipulation or kill. Since I asked publically who I should target, and heury was the only one that answered, I didn't want someone rolestopping me on heury. For the record, I did think there was a chance heury was an unjester and I was tryna help him get killed.
I believe it would be best to eliminate in my pool, but I totally want to eliminate Seven.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:35 pm Your overall play can best be described as "trying to fade into the background", barely ever taking initiative and mainly doing anything when pushed. Sheeping Bessie's list is just an extension of this.
TBH that’s kinda his meta.

I don’t like somitomi’s claim.

I’m going out for a bit but will definitely be home by 4 pm Pacific time and will be home for the rest of the day because my husband wants to watch the Ole Miss game.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:42 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:03 pm Couldn't get anything from Mason group. Would probably have targeted heury N2 though. N1 I figured he'd be a target for role manipulation or kill. Since I asked publically who I should target, and heury was the only one that answered, I didn't want someone rolestopping me on heury. For the record, I did think there was a chance heury was an unjester and I was tryna help him get killed.
I believe it would be best to eliminate in my pool, but I totally want to eliminate Seven.
Really? I never would have guessed.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:34 pm System.out.println("
Makhaira wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:27 pm Ok so we're about 10 hours out from deadline, I tried to skim quickly this morning to see where we're at and it looks like we're in the process of claiming? Im ready and willing to claim just lmk who Im going after or if you just want me to claim now

It seems to be mod confirmed that we still have a human left based on the mod not accouncing a faction elim upon EGWs flip? So one scum team is definitely atleast 3 members correct? This definitely reinforces my feeling that we're dealing with a killing indy and Ill need to more thoroughly read what Ive missed since my last actual post to see if seven has done anything to change my read on that slot being it

If theres anything urgent you need to respond to please quote this message and then the post you need me to look at so I get a notif. Im going out to lunch with a friend now but should have some time to read while Im at the racetrack waiting for today's main race which is at 5 pm central. After that race is over I should have some more time and will be around for deadline
I am HAL 9000, Town Psychic. If I am targeted at night I learn one ability at random that targeted me. I was notified last night that I was targeted by a tracker which is consistent with moodys claimed ability. This doesnt confirm alignment but I believe they they have the power they claim to have. I got no result N1
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Getting to the track now getting to my seat and should have some time to read up in the downtime between heats ill be back soon
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Makhaira wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:11 pm

I am HAL 9000, Town Psychic. If I am targeted at night I learn one ability at random that targeted me. I was notified last night that I was targeted by a tracker which is consistent with moodys claimed ability. This doesnt confirm alignment but I believe they they have the power they claim to have. I got no result N1
Learn as you are informed of the ability you were targeted by or learn as in you are informed of the ability and gain it?
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:35 pm Your overall play can best be described as "trying to fade into the background", barely ever taking initiative and mainly doing anything when pushed. Sheeping Bessie's list is just an extension of this.

I’m going out for a bit but will definitely be home by 4 pm Pacific time and will be home for the rest of the day because my husband wants to watch the Ole Miss game.
Which is fair, but read sheeping and the whole way they're treating your slot takes me from "null, but I have better feelings towards the rest of the cast" to actively scummy.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Makhaira wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:11 pm

... Huh interesting.

I'm also seconding Seven's "learn as in informed or learn as in gain" question.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

system.out.println("

It's your turn once Mak clarifies. JC after.

");
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

"Learn" means informed, I do not gain any abilities, my ability is entirely passive
bessie

Post by bessie »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:20 pm It's your turn once Mak clarifies. JC after.
I’ve already claimed everything I’m going to claim. I have a result that strongly indicates there is at least on scum in [moody, somitomi, Gluelock]. Out of the three, I feel best about moody. Therefore, I would prefer to eliminate somitomi or Gluelock.

And I'm home until deadline unless I go to the store or something.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

is the deadline today?
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:54 pm is the deadline today?
Midnight EDT if I recall correctly.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:49 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:20 pm It's your turn once Mak clarifies. JC after.
I’ve already claimed everything I’m going to claim. I have a result that strongly indicates there is at least on scum in [moody, somitomi, Gluelock]. Out of the three, I feel best about moody. Therefore, I would prefer to eliminate somitomi or Gluelock.

This is what I don't like about this way of going about things. You're asking us to just trust you instead of allowing us to make our own informed decisions with the information you have.
Seven (she, him, their)
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:40 pm System.out.println("

Site is being unreliable right now otherwise I'd provide more of the exchange @Somi. Really hard to do a comprehensive post now.

");
Yeah, it's been flaky for me too
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:42 pm I don’t like somitomi’s claim.
Can you tell us why?
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:54 pm is the deadline today?
Six hours almost exactly as I write this

Vote: Moody
OMGUS for the win.

Unofficial votals
Seven (2) - Mak, JC
bessie (1) - LG
JC (1) - Gluelock
somi (1) - moody
moody (3) - Adum, Seven, somi
Rose's boytoy.

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:49 pm

Unless you've got a result specifically on gluelock, they shouldn't die. Beyond mechanics there's a lot in play that suggests they're town and more careless rather than malicious. I feel the worst on Moody for the aforementioned reasons.

You should also give some idea of what powers you have, your targets, and the results because this is just as much about figuring you out as figuring your targets out.
");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Since deadline looming,

Vote: bessie

Always intended to come back to this by the end of the Day.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Would much like for the rest of the claims so I can get an indication of whether or not my theory might be true. Don't want to expand on it until I've gotten an indication of what types of roles each person has.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Does Laser even realize the deadline is today. Not sure what he means about not hammering before he comes back, but he's not gonna be back til like 1am my time.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Zeta Xi Eta Rho Psi Chi Kappa
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

Votals:
Seven - 2 - Mak, JC
Bessie - 2 - LaserGuy, Seven
JC - 1 - Gluelock
Somi - 1 - Moody
Moody - 2 - Adum, Somi

If I'm not mistaken, if the votes remain as they are then Moody will be eliminated having reached 2 votes first.

Related: for toMorrow I'm going to have a new tiebreaker because keeping track of the voting behaviour is a lot of work and almost always useless. It's a rule I instituted back when games were many fewer pages than they are now. I'm considering between two: either a tie mean nobody gets voted out, or each day I post a randomised version of the player list and the higher up player in the list will be voted out in the event of a tie. If anyone has any better ideas or strong feelings one way or the other, feel free to PM them to me.

Thank you to moody and somi for the unofficial votals, very much appreciated!

Night 3 will start at noon on Sunday the 22nd of October (UTC+8), or in about 5 hours.

With 9 players alive, 5 are required to vote off.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:55 pm This is what I don't like about this way of going about things. You're asking us to just trust you instead of allowing us to make our own informed decisions with the information you have.
A full claim at this time isn't going t give more information.

Vote: Seven