HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
LaserGuy

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by LaserGuy »

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:46 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:43 pm System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:30 pm I say if anyone agrees on claiming just go ahead in their next post. Ordering always takes forever. Alternatively, I’m content with just going in whatever order you give Adum. You’re town leader. Tell us what to do senpai
I like sanity checks, which is why I wanna get Laserguy, Make, and Bessie's opinions before it. I'm fine with going without Mak

The whole point of claiming is wanting to be able to CC scum. Here's my proposed order. I'm weighing my thoughts about slots but taking into account my read of the average sentiments towards slots.

Somitomi
Makhaira
JC
Bessie
Moody
LaserGuy
Gluelock
Adum

");
bessie is always going to be against claiming. It’s her philosophy not to claim even when you’re a town PR about to be yeeted (as you saw in Sorcerers). Yes, add it to the list off meta-game discussion to talk about.
No, this isn't right. bessie will claim if she thinks it is beneficial to do so. She won't claim D1 basically ever, but any other day she's fine doing it if she thinks it will be helpful.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:17 am N1 Tracked Seven and somi, Watched bessie and LG
N2 Tracked EGW and Makhaira, Watched Seven and Adum
I think this claim is probably true. I have some further thoughts but I think I'll discuss later.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

bessie wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:31 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:00 am I'm interpreting this as a weirder and more experimental game which I guess would put this in Madge's wheelhouse, where town depends on scum at least to a degree, but not experimental enough for a three man scum lynched team. I've never seen that but I have seen games where scum were expected to cross eliminate.
My feeling is that Sabrar would consider the underlined poor game design and would not approve it.
I agree with this. Sabrar generally expects Town to have 2 mislims before LYLO.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

bessie wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:48 am @Seven Why George? Why not Boom?
Why me, for that matter? You were scumreading me EoD2 and EGW was too. @Seven
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:15 am
George was scumreading me and I wanted to talk to him about it + prove my claim.
Why was this so important? You were scumreading EGW as well for part of D1 at least. Why not try to team up with the possible mason group, for example?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

As per usual, I don't play until evening on weekends so I won't be around much before deadline. Would greatly appreciate if we don't hammer early this time around.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Sorry everyone, family event today, won't have the time to catch up until the evening (6-8 hours from now). I'm personally a little hesitant to claim, partly because I think setups on xkcd tended to not favor mass claims.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Well it looks like I'm the only one willing to make my algorithms freeware.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Ok so we're about 10 hours out from deadline, I tried to skim quickly this morning to see where we're at and it looks like we're in the process of claiming? Im ready and willing to claim just lmk who Im going after or if you just want me to claim now

btw I 100% believe moodys claim

It seems to be mod confirmed that we still have a human left based on the mod not accouncing a faction elim upon EGWs flip? So one scum team is definitely atleast 3 members correct? This definitely reinforces my feeling that we're dealing with a killing indy and Ill need to more thoroughly read what Ive missed since my last actual post to see if seven has done anything to change my read on that slot being it

If theres anything urgent you need to respond to please quote this message and then the post you need me to look at so I get a notif. Im going out to lunch with a friend now but should have some time to read while Im at the racetrack waiting for today's main race which is at 5 pm central. After that race is over I should have some more time and will be around for deadline
bessie

Post by bessie »

Morning bark!

George was scumreading me and I wanted to talk to him about it + prove my claim.
This will probably come as a complete surprise, but I don’t believe you.

Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:45 am You really ought to break the daily bark into 2 pages, and start with the most important piece as your headline.
Not surprisingly, you’re not the first person to request this. But here’s why I play as I do. I usually play once a day when I get home from work. I read all the posts that have been made since the last time I posted, pick out anything I find interesting, and respond to it. I am good at nitpicking things that don’t look right and bad at behavior-type reads. Seven was accurate when he described my playing style here. I like to keep my daily catch-up in chronological order and post it as one post because I think it gives the most insight as to how I am reading the game and the players at the time of the post. I played a game on another site with I think a 3 or 4 post minimum per 24-hour period and I got a warning from the mod for not meeting the posting minimum, so I started breaking up my daily catch-up post just to make the minimum. I was mafia and I found it a lot easier to mask my alignment.

Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:45 am I don't meticulously document every players undulating opinions of all the other players. That would be way too cumbersome. But the posts you linked don't explain the full picture.

ffs you linked a scenario where you literally vote seven immediately after they voted you. So the original question is still valid.
Ok, here’s a summary. Seven is deliberately misunderstanding content and manipulating his misunderstandings. He is not trying to solve, he is more interested in controlling the narrative.

Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:45 am That post there is what I was referring to. Contradiction might have been the wrong word, but just hints at a suboptimal strategy that I wouldn't expect from a player with your level of experience.
I don’t believe so.

Noting somitomi’s reluctance to claim.

moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:04 pm Well it looks like I'm the only one willing to make my algorithms freeware.
Not true, Seven claimed. :P

Ok, with deadline approaching and the unstableness in the site, I’m just going to leave this here:

I have strong reason to believe there is at least one scum in moody, Gluelock, and somitomi. They should be our elimination pool.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Vote: somi
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:41 pm Vote: somi
Explain, you had somi in the middle last read list.

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

LaserGuy wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:11 am
Why was this so important? You were scumreading EGW as well for part of D1 at least. Why not try to team up with the possible mason group, for example?
Couldn't get anything from Mason group. Would probably have targeted heury N2 though. N1 I figured he'd be a target for role manipulation or kill. Since I asked publically who I should target, and heury was the only one that answered, I didn't want someone rolestopping me on heury. For the record, I did think there was a chance heury was an unjester and I was tryna help him get killed.

Anyway why are you asking me all these questions, you think I'm scum now?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:58 pm System.out.println("

");
Of the three in bessie's elim list, he's the one I'm least townish on.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:05 pm

");
That's what I figured and I wanted to confirm, my problem is with you sheeping Bessie's scum possibilities instead of promoting your own especially as starting the wagon.

Vote: moody

Your overall play can best be described as "trying to fade into the background", barely ever taking initiative and mainly doing anything when pushed. Sheeping Bessie's list is just an extension of this.

I think your role is real, but I don't think you're town. And specifically I think you're a dissenter.
");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:35 pm System.out.println("

");
That's what I figured and I wanted to confirm, my problem is with you sheeping Bessie's scum possibilities instead of promoting your own especially as starting the wagon.

Your overall play can best be described as "trying to fade into the background", barely ever taking initiative and mainly doing anything when pushed. Sheeping Bessie's list is just an extension of this.

I think your role is real, but I don't think you're town. And specifically I think you're a dissenter.
");
Bessie seems to be suggesting some sort of comparison result between the three. Is it not reasonable for moody to vote within them then?
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
LaserGuy wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:56 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:43 pm System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:30 pm I say if anyone agrees on claiming just go ahead in their next post. Ordering always takes forever. Alternatively, I’m content with just going in whatever order you give Adum. You’re town leader. Tell us what to do senpai
I like sanity checks, which is why I wanna get Laserguy, Make, and Bessie's opinions before it. I'm fine with going without Mak

The whole point of claiming is wanting to be able to CC scum. Here's my proposed order. I'm weighing my thoughts about slots but taking into account my read of the average sentiments towards slots.

Somitomi
Makhaira
JC
Bessie
Moody
LaserGuy
Gluelock
Adum

");
I'm fine with this order. I'd want to see JC/Mak/bessie before I'd consider claiming anything this phase. Curious why somi is first.
At this point there were 2 slots I didn't have a bead on and one I felt was actively scummy. Moody and Somi were "couldn't figure them out" and JC is actively scummy, specifically their play read as noobscum. However other people seemed to be reading JC as more noobtown so for the sake of getting it going I made the list order. Similarly true of moody.

For disclosures' sake somi I just can't seem to figure out where their head's at and moody just seemed to basically constantly be a background character and until now I didn't really have a theory on whether it was intentional or just lacked things to grab onto though one I strongly doubted moody was human.

So ya, it was a compromise order because I didn't want an ad hoc claim order that would limit the info on scummier slots we got from it. Mak and Bessie's positions are also compromises in the other direction, though I will note that I've seen some weirdness from Bessie. Mak was in the same category as moody with being very background though less active but got a very positive ping from the Zeniba post and I know they're v/la and they don't prefer to be background as scum, which is why if I didnt have to get anyone to agree i'd put them later.

My ideal order would be:

JC
Moody
Somitomi
Makhaira
Bessie
LaserGuy
Gluelock
Adum

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Could be something like moody’s where targets multiple people for tracking and gets a “at least one of these people visited george” thing. Which if the case, we ardy know moody targeted George.

Comparison cop would be more interesting
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:46 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:35 pm System.out.println("

");
Bessie seems to be suggesting some sort of comparison result between the three. Is it not reasonable for moody to vote within them then?
I don't think she's BCing Gluelock/moody/somi comparison, I think she dislikes the slots.

However, I'm considering the possibility from her actions she has night results on you and glue.

");
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:00 am There doesn’t have to be an elaborate motivation for everything. Sometimes it’s all just good fun. If it were something more serious sure but I thought it was pretty obv that Glue was just messing around
Maybe it was to you, since you knew who you targeted, but it definitely wasn't and I feel like we wasted quite some time on that
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:07 am I'm not suggesting it, I'm mulling over my interpretation of what Bessie is suggesting as a reaction to what you suggested earlier about the mechanics of a Mafia doc, which Bessie seemed to confirm is what they intended.
The who said what now?
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:46 am you just came from a mountainous game :lol:
Excuse my ignorance, but what's a mountainous game?
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:48 am
If you're town, your role exists to help other townies puzzle out whose scum. That's what the game is about and a good mod makes the game with that in mind. They're not a replacement for the social aspect, they work with it. As a result, town needs to be able to enforce mass claims happening.

It you genuinely refuse to ever claim then you're incapable of playing to your wincon outside of vanilla games and should just play vanilla games.
That's kinda harsh
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:35 pm Noting somitomi’s reluctance to claim.
I'm generally reticent about claiming and so far I'm not really seeing the consensus forming around it. Why aren't you noting JC's reluctance?
moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:05 pm Of the three in bessie's elim list, he's the one I'm least townish on.
And why are you beholden to bessie's elim list?
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:46 pm Bessie seems to be suggesting some sort of comparison result between the three. Is it not reasonable for moody to vote within them then?
And now you're answering questions for moody too. Why?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Somi where is your claim?

Mountainous = no PRs
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

somitomi wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:53 pm And why are you beholden to bessie's elim list?
Because of how fried some of my reads got in the bessie v Seven folderol that I stepped into like a vast minefield, I decided to factory reset theirs (7 and bessie) which means bessie=town and therefore trustworthy. Some reads I had independently such as Mak as slightly scummy and JC and Glue as slightly townie I think I can hold to.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:03 pm
somitomi wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:53 pm And why are you beholden to bessie's elim list?
Because of how fried some of my reads got in the bessie v Seven folderol that I stepped into like a vast minefield, I decided to factory reset theirs (7 and bessie) which means bessie=town and therefore trustworthy. Some reads I had independently such as Mak as slightly scummy and JC and Glue as slightly townie I think I can hold to.
i hate this so much

Seven (she, him, their)
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:58 pm Somi where is your claim?
Ugh, fine, in the interest of moving forward, I'm a chat cop. Checked JC (no chat) and Gluelock (no chat).
moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:03 pm Because of how fried some of my reads got in the bessie v Seven folderol that I stepped into like a vast minefield, I decided to factory reset theirs (7 and bessie) which means bessie=town and therefore trustworthy. Some reads I had independently such as Mak as slightly scummy and JC and Glue as slightly townie I think I can hold to.
But you don't have an independent read of me? FoS Moody
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Adum can you quote ping Mak for his next?
Seven (she, him, their)